Clicky

Aryte

Letter from Taffa Markova

Aw, an old retiree wrote this to me earlier today. I really just had to share it. D: So nice of them.

My dearest imperator,

With fortitude and honor i served under your Praetorian. With conviction and loyalty i bore my weapons. With undying pride i was clad in my armor.

I am not writing this to ask for them back. I write this as a retired Praefectus, and continuously proud friend to the Ordo. Though much has changed since then, and will likely continue to do so through another few good years at least, i remain impressed with the men and women that serve in the legions of the imperator.

I write this through nostalgia at the memories i share with so many others, who may or may not have forgotten me. I write this to express how honored i am to have served with a group that continues to surpass it's boundaries again and again.

I write this to old friends who know me, and to new comrades who possibly never will. And i'd be eternally greatful if you'd pass this on toward them for me old friend.

To you, soldiers of the Ordo Imperialis, old and new. Never forget the dignity and grace in which you enter combat, never allow yourself to waver or to lose yourselves to lesser emotions such as anger, envy, or hate. Always proudly bear your armor, and never sully it. Stay true to the tennets of the Ordo Imperialis, to your allies around you, with whom you serve every day. And without, there would be no Ordo to serve in.

But most importantly, and above anything else. Remember, you, your enemies, your friends, and those who you do not even know. Are all people, they all come to second life to enjoy themselves and some may even become your comrades one day. Treat them with the same respect, and with the same courtesy as you would those close to you. Enforce, do not oppress. Protect, do not attack. And make your military experience, whilst authentic, fun for everyone involved.

Like i know you will, for you are Ordo. And you surpass the rest.

Thank you.

Ex-Praetorian Praefectus Tatha Niangao/Taffa Markova the third.

The Imperator's Blade. Still not dull. And still not sheathed.

I'd like to take a moment to resurrect this letter which I first read well over a year and a half ago, sometime around when our last Praetorian trials began. It still touches me when I read this now as it had back then. In the time that has passed, I became a Praetorian, bound to our organization and to Aryte through oath... An oath to always present myself with greatest level of professionalism, to respect both friend and foe alike, and to always remain loyal to the organization, and Imperator Vesperia with it, until my dying breath.

In my time in this group, I have seen enlisted come and go, new faces slowly replacing the old. If you were to look at the roster now, and compare it to the roster from back then, you will find only a few dozen of the names remaining. Officers come and go as well, the core constantly replacing those who have retired after serving out their terms of service, however we all have the same mindset in common, to ensure that all of our actions are for the benefit of the group, and that all our duties are executed with the utmost quality - constantly pushing the utmost limits of our abilities while doing so.

We face challenges now that two years ago were unthought of; such as the death of one community, and the rebirth of our organization in another. While many may see this as us losing ourselves, I assure you that our mindset the same, that all actions made will be within the interests of our group.

Now is a time in which we should all reflect back on the words of the retired Praefectus, Mr. Markova, for they are as true today as they were when written three years ago. As I type this I ponder on which exact parts of their message I should quote, however I feel that picking apart such a great communiqué would simply detract from it, so I ask you to simply read it at the top of this thread.

We must keep his words in mind as we move on to a new day. The very principles and morale of our organization which were once set in stone are now fluid, and can easily be lost of we do not properly maintain them. As such, we must all ensure that we continue to maintain our group's values as they once were and always have been, keeping them intact throughout the upcoming changes through our venture, and ensuring that they are upheld throughout all of the following stages of our evolution as they arise.

I am proud of where I am since I've joined our group. The roles and duties of which I have carried out may have been many, but all of them have seen the same level of diligence to ensure their quality be perfection, so that if our past were to look unto us, they too would be proud of where we have come, and that our future selves can look back and be proud to remember back on what we are today. We should all keep this letter in mind as we continue on, from E-1 to I-1, for it will help guide us all as we pave the path forward, and will help ensure that our future will be of epic grandeur.