Clicky

Scientific Waffle

Sparta Ban Lifted

As of yesterday, after negotiations Bruno has decided to lift the ban on Ordo personnel in Second Chance for combat activity. This means we get to fight Sparta again, both on their turf and ours! \o/

Naturally, Bruno being Bruno, demanded the condition that Ordo forces invading Second Chance must be "led by Jaxx Loon or Wasaac Haxx". While this will certainly limit the time windows during which we can attack Sparta, what's more important is that we are sure to give Bruno no reason to ban us again once we re-initiate combat with Sparta. In order to ensure that we are as vigilant as possible in following Sparta's myriad of "unique" rules, I have compiled a list below of rules to which special attention should be paid when assaulting Second Chance, as per Bruno's own rules...

- Do not breach anything that is not a red door.

- To enter the core room, the large armored door must be destroyed by firing at it. This door has a displayed health meter, and cannot be breached.

- The barracks, offices, and throne room are off limits. They set their homes here, and spawn killing is a bannable offense in Second Chance.

- No aircraft-on-infantry strafing, except in 100% clear self defense. Basically, if you're flying, unless you have screenshots or hit logs to prove beyond any doubt that infantry fired upon you, you cannot fire upon infantry.

- No "swarming", which means the attacker/defender ratio can never exceed 2:1. My personal suggestion would be to maintain a list of all Spartans on base when the attack begins, so that they cannot simply withdraw men to limit our numbers.

- STABLE rules apply for all equipment, though I do believe all of our gear is compliant.

- Avatar Render Cost cannot exceed 5000.

- Extra Rules (for Ordo), assault must be led by Jaxx Loon or Wasaac Haxx (former members of Sparta)

There are rules beyond this, but these are the rules which I feel face the most risk of being broken by accident or through ignorance. Just give Sparta no reason to ban us as has happened in the past.

It's a step in the right direction, people. I'd rather not repel their ban lines with ban lines for the rest of the existence of our community.

When relations begin, so does negotiation. As long as we abide by these rules, there is a great chance that we can whittle them down to meet our future expectations. Getting up in arms and saying "screw diplomacy" is not going to help us get on better terms with them. History proves that yes, they're harsh bastards and extremely strict, but we should at least give them the benefit of the doubt after having not fought them for so long. According to Ethan (yes, Ethan), Bruno seems different and more mature.

Give them a chance, please? If we're good about it, they'll be good about it (supposedly). I find their restrictions to be very fair, or as fair as they can be when compared to other, smaller groups in the community. They even allow air combat. But prejudging on things that happened almost or over a year ago is an inadequate way of looking at something as fluid as a military in SL. As someone once said to me recently, "Two months on the Internet is like a year in real time". Things change, and they change fast.

All it takes is a good face and a bit of diplomacy. We'll ease right into it like a perfect fit into a shoe if all goes according to plan. If we go in angry, things will get heated. Trust me on this.

- Extra Rules (for Ordo), assault must be led by Jaxx Loon or Wasaac Haxx (former members of Sparta)

What the Hell for? I'd say something about Bruno, but I'm pretty sure he's been called everything

Oh wait, I thought of something. Since I doubt Bruno is going to rework some of these rules, the only cure I can think of for Sparta is to kick Bruno out and form a whole new military group

Edited by Aeriese Descenna

"Stop complaining"?

&

I actually suggest scheduled battles between groups (instead of the any time is free game)... that way its a relativly fair fight between groups who would know to get people online at that time... and also give people an opportunity to sign up for battles ahead of time. (E.G. Ordo (15 people), versus Group A (7 people) & Group B (8 people) at Group B's sim)...

this would also stop bitching from people saying that "you got us at a bad time when none of our members were online" *ban!* etc...

It's not so much "what happened a year ago" It is "what has always been for over a year now" so for those of you without the past insight of Ordo relations, this isn't really much of a step that we haven't already seen attempted before. It has also been said more than once that Bruno has 'changed' or matured in some way, but far be it from me that different people incite different reactions at different times.

If there is ever to be a future engagement on their base, we can start taking bets on how many minutes until someone cries 'swarming' or whatever else they invent next.

I'd like to thank you guys for your efforts here, but I feel it will all be futile at the end of the day. I think Ms Iredell hit the nail on the head, I wouldn't bet on the group staying unbanned for long. I've had a long history of problems with the good King and to be honest some of the stuff drives me round the wall.

[/rage]

Lets not forget the fact that they just recently banned the Mercz as well. Sparta does not have a good track record, and to be honest, I'd not want to go into combat with Sparta with the lack of respect they show us even as battlefield combatants. Furthermore, as I've said for a long time, Bruno needs to learn to train his soldiers better instead of making up ridiculous rules to cover up his group's shortcomings.

Well, i suppose we could go and see what happens. I am against giving in to any of his demands that apply specifically to us ( Jaxx and wasaac leading the asault), i have nothing against Jaxx or Wasaac but Bruno is in no position to demand anything from us. We are a military 10 times sparta's size , they have pretty much everyone else banned and get attacked not as frequently as a military needs to in order to survive. I don't mind jaxx and wasaac leading the assault once but after that we should stop acting like we need THEM , because frankly it will not matter for our combat experience if we get to attack those 7 guys or not.

Bruno banned the AN a couple of weeks ago for using a specific Fleet cannon, the irony is that Sparta uses the exact same fleet cannon because it was given to them by the AN. The response when confronted with these facts "Then you should make more fair weaponry". This shows that Bruno has not changed and is still being the most dishonorable leader in the military for rather abusing his landpowers instead of fighting his opponents like a man.

If nothing else I certainly appreciate the effort that went into making this happen. It couldn't have been easy to get us off the ban list.

Let's make the most of it and see how long this lasts. If Ordo is banned again it will be Bruno being Bruno, so we don't have to stress over it... and if (when?) it happens we don't lose much, since I doubt we'll see any further diplomatic effort with them. They will just ban themselves into a corner and fade away, leaving nothing but an example of how not to run a military group.

We could use this opportunity for training--we send one Ordo member there, maybe two, to fight the whole spartan army. Of course it'll be hard, but hard is fun.

Army of two anyone?

Hahaha! And we would have to deploy with P99's otherwise it would be an unfair advantage. :awesome:

Banned the mercz? Banned the AN? Can't imagine who they have been fighting all this time in practical isolation. Should tell Bruno to get out more, see the world! Oh, well I suppose that would require soldiers for that...

Hahaha! And we would have to deploy with P99's otherwise it would be an unfair advantage. :awesome:

Banned the mercz? Banned the AN? Can't imagine who they have been fighting all this time in practical isolation. Should tell Bruno to get out more, see the world! Oh, well I suppose that would require soldiers for that...

Lawl indeed, soon they will be fighting their own troop, and they will die, and yes of the p99 so true :tongue:

I say, we follow their rules and see how long it lasts. Just like most are saying, even if we do follow their rules we will still be banned in the long run, but oh well! I'm sure we will at least get a few entertaining raids out of them before we are banned.