Clicky

Kytec Switchblade

Computer of doom

So I have my computer working, But for some reason it randomly freezes. The mouse will even lock up, just a dead freeze where nothing at all will work unless i restart (while it takes about 10 seconds to restart and isn't really a problem i still have to wait to log back in to sl)

Anyone know what it might be?

MSI x58 pro mobo, 12 gigs ddr3 tri channel, 1 tb sata seagate, nvidia gtx 295 EVGA Hydro Copper, water and 22 fan cooled. 1000 watt zion power supply (85%), intel core i7 965 3.2 ghz (at 3.6 ghz, its new not pushing it yet)

Also i believe my moboard might have a bad battery as the time won't sync up right and is way off.

other thoughts: 2 hours of 150-250 fps on ultra settings with 2000 draw running thru the mainland might be worth restarting a couple times.

i just need to get my damn mic working. Sometimes it comes on but i hear an echo and its annoying.

may be window's 7 being sick of my shit.

yes, i've increased the powerflow to the CPU and the ram is factory set, i didn't OC it, because its at 100% when the cpu is at 3.5 ghz. The default power allotment is made for the ram i have at the speed i have it at. I definately have power to spare, usage calculator put me at about 600 watts, so i have 250 unused with the power supp at 85%

and i did factor in 22 led fans lmao

There was a mention of windows 7 beta starting to become non functional somewhere.... probably due to the close release.

Yeah you have to switch over to the RC now I get contacted about this x: but the RC will run for a year before it will do the same, and MS bugged up and the first date they released was wrong let me grab the real.

Exploring Windows: Special Beta Edition -- Correction

Because you signed up to test the Windows 7 Beta, we recently sent you mail about the expiration dates for the Beta and Release Candidate. Unfortunately, we made a mistake.

We said the Beta would start shutting down every two hours on June 1, 2009. The correct date is July 1, 2009.

So be ready for this and seriously I need a faster comp XD I'm still running the old E2200 ; -;

And also to add to the locking up and considering heat issues x: it may be the gfx card, the thing is a beast... I had the 260 and it was like ready to bake on. But also OC an i7 isn't the safest thing atm I believe, from my work if you OC'd it too far like any cpu it will lock up after so long and that is that until you tone it down. On top of that from my work and be thankful its not an intel board... most i7 boards stated they can handle a high load of RAM mem... but most boards ACTUALLY run slower if pushed past 6GB. Intel is still putting out and working on BIOS fixes for this little pain. o: