Clicky

Mikael Khalamov

Good at Windows XP tech support?

Alright. I've got a bit of an issue. A serious one, I wager. Whenever I try to start up the computer, it just goes into a continuous cycle of getting to the XP splash screen thingy with the moving bar at the bottom, and then rebooting. I managed to get to the Windows Advanced Options menu and selected "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Doing so brought up a blue screen on boot with the following message:

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000)

The system has been shut down.

Also, starting in safe mode or debugging mode or boot logging or VGA mode all does auto-reboot.

I tried to use the CD that came with the system to try to boot it, but the only options are to wipe out C: and start over, wipe out the whole computer and start over, or reconfigure RAID. I do not want to start from scratch.

Help?

Make sure there's nothing in your computer drive when booting up, take everything off your computer (besides keyboard, mouse, and screen, obviously)

Still does it, your computer is A-Ofucked. So do a system restore (should be an option to restore to a previous date, before all this started happening, along with the option to factory restore)

Considering how late I am in replying, it may be too late. Anyways, hope you fix/fixed it.

Start over from scratch, your computer is fucked.

Its a problem with winlogin.exe ..

Can you still boot into safe mode ?

What was the last thing you installed before it started crapping out ?

Do you have a windows cd with sp3 integrated ? (if thats the actual SP you have installed)

Try unplugging all non esential usb devices.

Theres a slim chance its something with your computers ram, but its probably a failed update.

Do you have a windows cd with sp3 integrated ? (if thats the actual SP you have installed)

Theres a slim chance its something with your computers ram, but its probably a failed update.

Ontop of that, if you have hp or compaq you can do a recovery whil ekeeping all applications and files, youll just lose automatic passwords and settings in some programs, 99% of the time this fixes problems with system 32 files and failed updates.

some recovery disks will do the same, just read the instructions carefully.

Oddly enough there should be a fix for this, and its commonly missed.

When you put your CD in and it boots to the main menu don't hit enter, I'm sure it'll jump to a screen with only partitions which most people would assume you goofed your system files and its bypassing the windows detection.

At that main menu there would be an R for repair. Hit it and it should take you to a dos menu setup. once in it should ask you which number for installation do you wish to log onto, you want WINDOWS. If it asks for an admin password its usually nothing, its that password you have the choice to set when installing. If it has one and you forgot it, you're doomed >: and have to reformat. Unless you really want to try to bypass with floppies, etc. once on it should say something like;

C:/WINDOWS/

type this;

chkdsk /r

This is just like the check disk repair on your computer BUT! it will check every last system files for missing/corrupted once and replace/repair them.

This takes a good 30 minutes to 2 hours. Once its done it will give you the option to enter something.

Type; exit

It will reboot and cross your fingers. If it still loops, etc, try the cd again and see if it detects an installation this time to attempt the second repair.

Or if lazy or just don't care. By all means format, but if you have stuff on that drive it is very simple to pull the stuff off, etc.

I may or may not have other fixes for you but keep us posted, good luck! :D

Ontop of that, if you have hp or compaq you can do a recovery whil ekeeping all applications and files, youll just lose automatic passwords and settings in some programs, 99% of the time this fixes problems with system 32 files and failed updates.

some recovery disks will do the same, just read the instructions carefully.

kytec you smell x3

but doing that will give you a headache due to trial bullshit and a lot of things messed up in the sense his old stuff could still be there but is either going to work improperly or will just not work. May still, but wont prevent this from happening twice.

And usually you don't get the discs anymore its all HDD partitions, meaning if you formatted before and just wiped all partitions, its most likely gone ):

Alright if that all fails here is a bunch of other possible fixes directly from microsoft;

/>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156669

Edited by Genesis Ronmark