Clicky

Kytec Switchblade

The computer of doom gets a new brain

So the nvidia 295 hydrocopper is the fastest thing on the market. It pissed me off. It shouldnt piss me off. It wouldn't run kiling floor. So I sent it back. I've gone over the numbers, and i can effectively, with my water cooling system, overclock a radeon hd 4870 X2 to acquire higher fps than my Hydrocopper. It arrives Thursday 7/16/09. Using an old pos 9800 gx2, which is something like the 5th fastest video card on the market. Unacceptable. I look forwards to having a ridiculous amount more power in my PC than i will ever need.

P.S. The hydrocopper can chew up and spit out any game ever made, killing floor is far from an exception. Drivers just didnt like me, even the new ones, so i convinced myself that warrented breaking the boundaries of video computing for my own personal entertainment.

Just have to hope i don't get so many fps on sl my monitor melts and falls into an alternate dimension.

And maybe you can post a guide on how to not electrocute yourself in the process?

1. Do not poke the wall outlet with a screwdriver.
  2. Do NOT chew on any wires which have current flowing through them.
  3. Do NOT lick any exposed wires.
  4. Do NOT touch any exposed wires either.
  5. Do NOT pee on anything which has a current going into it.
  6. Do NOT try and and clean your computer with soap and water.
  7. Do NOT work on your computer out under a tree while carrying an umbrella on top of a hill during a thunderstorm.
  8. Make sure there are no lightning shaped objects because according to the signs that is the most common cause of death.
  9. Also stay away from clouds made up out of these pointy objects.
  10. Wear something like this

But in all seriousness, never wear like nylon or anything that generates static, and opposed to popular belief, if you have a grounded wall outlet, leave your computer plugged in as long as you're not working on the actual power supply. Then touch an exposed (not painted) metal part of the case and you'll discharge yourself to the ground wire, making damage cause of static electricity less likely.

So the nvidia 295 hydrocopper is the fastest thing on the market. It pissed me off. It shouldnt piss me off. It wouldn't run kiling floor. So I sent it back. I've gone over the numbers, and i can effectively, with my water cooling system, overclock a radeon hd 4870 X2 to acquire higher fps than my Hydrocopper. It arrives Thursday 7/16/09. Using an old pos 9800 gx2, which is something like the 5th fastest video card on the market. Unacceptable. I look forwards to having a ridiculous amount more power in my PC than i will ever need.

P.S. The hydrocopper can chew up and spit out any game ever made, killing floor is far from an exception. Drivers just didnt like me, even the new ones, so i convinced myself that warrented breaking the boundaries of video computing for my own personal entertainment.

Just have to hope i don't get so many fps on sl my monitor melts and falls into an alternate dimension.

That sounds like something else is seriously wrong with your computer, i have a GTX280 which uses the same drivers and is basically identical to the 295 except for the fact that the 295 eats a lot more juice and has 2 cores. My laptop has a mobile dual core graphics card which runs with no issues whatsoever. You sure its not related to the fact that you had those 9800's in there before ?

On a small sidenote, unless you use CRT screens (which imo are still much much better then any tft) you wont get more then 60 or 75fps no matter what. The monitor does not support more updates per second, your computer *may* render extra images but thats all just wasted power.

And maybe you can post a guide on how to not electrocute yourself in the process?

1. Do not poke the wall outlet with a screwdriver.
  2. Do NOT chew on any wires which have current flowing through them.
  3. Do NOT lick any exposed wires.
  4. Do NOT touch any exposed wires either.
  5. Do NOT pee on anything which has a current going into it.
  6. Do NOT try and and clean your computer with soap and water.
  7. Do NOT work on your computer out under a tree while carrying an umbrella on top of a hill during a thunderstorm.
  8. Make sure there are no lightning shaped objects because according to the signs that is the most common cause of death.
  9. Also stay away from clouds made up out of these pointy objects.
  10. Wear something like this

1: Done it.

2: Done it.

3: Done it.

4: Done it.

5: Done it.

6: Tried it..

7: I'll have to do that.

8: Have it.

9: I live in one.

10: I'll so buy it.

Does a Circut breaker count as grounded

>_>

<_<

Grounded usually means theres a 3rd wire (usually green/yellow) going to the outlet.. Y'all have really weird wall outlets over there so not sure if there actually IS a standard for grounded outlets over there..

an ungrounded plug has just 2 pins for power, grounded one has a 3rd contact somewhere .. be it an extra pin or just a metal strip which makes contact with something inside the outlet.

These all have an earthing pin :-)

power-plug-diagram.gif

Inoue: I use 2 flatt panel monitors, but they are extremely high refresh rate gaming monotirs.

Grounded usually means theres a 3rd wire (usually green/yellow) going to the outlet.. Y'all have really weird wall outlets over there so not sure if there actually IS a standard for grounded outlets over there..

an ungrounded plug has just 2 pins for power, grounded one has a 3rd contact somewhere .. be it an extra pin or just a metal strip which makes contact with something inside the outlet.

These all have an earthing pin :-)

power-plug-diagram.gif

it has a green plastic coating here.

Edited by Kytec Switchblade