Clicky

Aryte

Enforcing the Standards

Enforcing the Standards: When the Imperator’s away, the cats better not play.

In review, the prevalent complaint flowing down from the chain of command is the tendency for laxity to be present in my absence. This laxity comes in several forms—defense carelessness, general rowdiness, and apathy in attention. Foremost, defense carelessness: earlier today, Antsegnani dominated the defensive positions and secured my office . . . at 40% manpower. Although I am confident in the capabilities of my elite unit, I am equally confident in the capability of my defense. There is no valid excuse for this inability to perform.

Rowdiness: your officers and the regulations in effect are inherently sacrosanct. Ergo, just because Aryte isn’t there to whack you on the wrist for doing something stupid . . . is not an opportunity to goof off. I will personally treat any dicking around in my absence as severe. Incidents of this have been pretty limited, but I want to stop it now and here before it goes any further.

And apathy! Contrary to popular belief, the sim needs your presence and combat help even when I am not online. Get your rear ends over there when we’re under fire, especially in the early hours. Time and time again, Silverhawks (among others) exploit the low Ordo numbers at 6-7 AM.

Professionalism does not come solely from the impositions of order; it comes from within, by an inherent desire to act appropriately.

I'm guilty of not being on defense during the Antesig stuff. I missed a comment on coms and didn't have any idea that I was supposed to jump in to help in the scenario. I was too busy talking to Endra and wondering why I died when I went afk far back ontop of the outpost. If I had known when I logged on it was a session that takes place of the whole sim, I probably would have done otherwise. I only really saw 4~ on defense during it as well.

antesig raid was started at an ackward time due to administrative issues with myself and intus involving caine toll... antesig was then pushed back to the borders of titan and chronus once that was cleared and i was available to help defend... then titan starts to fail me and rez issues occur, so i pulled out of it... joined the antesig ventrilo channel only to hear them now dominating the outpost...

now im not gloating or anything, but a majority of the early times im having to handle at least 20% of the early day issues in titan alone because no one else is bothering to take it up or are slow to respond... so im hoping what aryte says here gets into many heads...

i know its getting a bit of topic but as an example zero asked multiple times whats at least going on in vent and coms there wasnt any reply until after 10 minutes i got told its training and normaly you dont interact in training if not briefed or announced for it .. so yeah there is like sera points on a communication issue or was it on this point maybe a trainign like this should be announced in a group message wich you will recive even if you log into the sim in the middel of the training or multiple announced while the training is going on ... i think 3 more people would have taken part in defence if the situation would have been explained to us . as a personal word i dont start to shoot on ordo personal aslong its not authed .. so there could have been more defence if the internal comunication what take place ..

People have had bad attitudes lately. I hear a lot of entitlement, people trying to change the rules, people deeming things arbitrary and ignoring written law. We should crack down on some of this, and unfortunately sometimes that means examples will be made. I hate to think of some of the wonderful members who are on the verge of retirement over stupid issues that are well documented in the handbook.

Here's a little tip. As strong as any of you are fighting to get a rule loosened or expanded, there are an equal and opposite number of members trying to get it tightened up and enforced.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.