Clicky

Hunter Abrams

Why did you join Ordo?

i joined after i left 2142 for the second time. i left 2142 the first time because lordbob had owed me quite a bit of money and was making the job of a commander extremely stressful by causeing drama constantly so i left. i came back because i had a chat with striker that aryte wanted me to come back as commander because the group was falling apart and they said they would help with construction of guns/technology etc. so things were going very well for the 1st couple of days until AN started to think that we were going to be part of IS. so they started harrassing my troops and lordbob was demanding that ordo be shot on site so i broke off the ascendant initiative alliance and had one last fight with AN in 2142 before i left them and told aryte that i wanted to join ordo :D

I joined because former Praetor Johann Willberg asked me too. He suggested, due to my combat prowess and strategic knowledge of SL battle at the time that I could be a valuable asset to Titan Industries. With Jester Spearmann also a member of the Ordo, it was hard for me to say no. Especially when I learned Aryte was the CIC. Aryte and I were neighbors in Wolf Valley back in the day, and I always considered him a friend.

The first time I ever came to visit, I was shot within 10 seconds of rezing through the walls of the cargo trailer that was the spawn point. Back then Titan was the Destroyed Island Base. Well I Tp'ed back and was approached by several people who all pointed guns at me and treated me as if I was the biggest threat they'd ever seen. I was very dissuaded from returning, but my stubbornness kicked in, and about 3 months after that I went to visit with Jester in winter of 07. Again, the sim was still a Destroyed Base at this point. He showed me around, and eventually even showed me around the "New Rome" city when I came back a third time, finally deciding to put in my application for the second or third time.

Now as far as what? I know it was the uniforms that really got me interested. Having been a fan of military style uniforms and lifestyles sine I was young it definitely captivated me. Seeing the officer's uniform and the Praetorian uniforms alone made me want to strive hard to succeed so that I too might someday have the right to wear it. After joining, I decided my reasons weren't the weapons or the uniforms, but mostly to test myself and to prove to myself that I'm not a failure and that I can follow through with what I start.

I was getting jaded with SL at the time that I joined. I had been around for a while and was getting pretty bored and bitter at how SL was starting to turn out. All the hangouts I went to were drying up, leaving me with nothing but places like Furnation to go to. I bumped into Cade Stirling, who at the time was a Praetorian, and saw them wearing neat armor and guns. I got interested, as I've always liked armor and guns. Cade told me about the Ordo, and I was confused for a while because I thought it was some sort of RPing group. Eventually I realized it was a military, and again was piqued. However, at the time, I had impressions of what militaries were like through Alliance Navy (two years ago they tried to "take over" Abbotts Aerodrome where I worked, so I had to ban a few of them). I was hesitant to join, but I took the application and thought it over. In the end, I realized "Eh, what could it hurt?" and decided to sign up, promising myself though that I would not join unless I was ready to dedicate a lot of my time towards Ordo.

I joined earlier this year after seeing Amanda Laguna in full armor in northstar while I was shopping for avi's. Thing she was as E-4 at the time? Anyways, I asked her about the armor and she passed a handbook my way. I talked with some friends and asked if they had heard of the ordo and after learning a little bit more about it I decided to send in my application. I think what appealed to me the most was the professional atmosphere and similarities to the military irl.

I was eating cookies while in vacation, emosad that VC was wiped on account of treachery. My girlfriend (at the time) sat down beside me and was like "look at the bright side, now you can spend more time RPing with me on XMM." I wrote the Ordo handbook that same night.

I tought of joining Ordo back when i was in the Mercz when i've seen Caine Toll in Ordo outfit running around badnarik.(The one with a big beach)I filled an apps and gave it to a recruiter but just never got a response so i tought i would re-try later.Until then i joined many other army but each time i couldnt find what i was looking for. An army somewhat active with great comradeship and competant leader. ;P So i decided to re-try to join during i was a VG NCO cause of all the drama occuring and caused by Chris.

I joined up thanks to my good friends Tiridates and Agares. I first came on to the sim back when they were working on it, and it looked like some futuristic version of Rome.

I was intially skeptical about joining some six months ago, so I decided to wait. A few months later I changed my mind for some reason, and its given me a reason to log in on a regular basis.

Hmm, where to start here. In the beginning of November 2007, I started having doubts about my current group, the Alliance Navy. Several factors lead into this.

The first was my position in the group. I had reached the NCO rank of E-4 and took a look at things. I was in a dead end position. There were simply too many veterans how were ready to take the officers slots, so I had no future other than a NCO, maybe getting a few more ranks.

The second reason from my departure was the promotion on the infamous PattehPh0x Katsu to the rank of O-4 after just coming back from never logging in. His scripting was the sole reason and he abused the fact, and I constantly heard him talking about bothering Jim until he was given Admiral. It disgusted me.

The by far, biggest reason I left was the constant treatment of other groups, all the enlisted being fed the lies about how other groups cheated, lied, and everything, the biggest figure of their slander was Aryte. I never knew him, and the only other time I had seen him was well, being shot down by him and having a....conversation. I bit my tongue and said to myself that I was going to get the truth starting with Aryte himself. I simply IM'd him and asked for some history, why the AN had their views over them. Over the next week I had more conversations with him, along with Sukasa, Katsuhito, and Myoukitsune.

November 11th, after the Veterans Day, I resigned from the Alliance Navy and applied the same day and entered Schola. And the rest is history.

I was in the GAR (Grand Army of the Republic), a Star Wars Prequel based Clone Trooper group. I was in the Engineer Battalion and it seemed all we ever did was build and rebuild the base. They would either lose the land they had the base on or decide to move it. I even spent 2 months helping to build the Coruscant sim for the group only to have everything returned because the Clone Commander and the sim owner had a fight amongst themselves. Needless to say I was kinda miffed and wanted to get out. My best friend and SL brother Neil Nacon was in GAR and Ordo at the time and he helped me get in. This was when Titan was first being built and had more of a naval base style and had all the plywood buildings and the big stacks of cargo containers. I was really drawn to the cool armor and the professionalism compared to the GAR.

I was on my third day of wandering SL and I managed to stumble upon Kytec's house. I saw him shooting stuff so I went up and he hooked me up with some guns, a jwoulf mac 10 or somin. It was fun for awhile, and then he had to go, I asked him where he was goin, he said, "ordo". At this point in time I was like, "wtf is ordo?" So after hanging out with Kytec some more times and him always leavin for ordo, I finnaly asked about enough to understand what it was. Then I found out I had to be 3 months to join :(. But I got vouched for and got in. Thanks Kytec! Also I've learned alot since being in ordo, All I can say is DONT skip tutorials. It took me forever to figure out Alt-camming and how to fly higher or lower, and many other stupid things...

Well I used to be a NCO of Sparta until I left due to I was hating of being bothered every 5 minutes to defend plus the poor choices of leadership. Once then I tried creating my own SL military group and we were doing fine until we lost our vehicle scripter and some of the folks to help us pay for a sim. Once then I gave up on SL militaries till karl talk to me about ordo so I filled out my application and here I am now

i heard about all the furries and gayz and iwas like shit! them's my kind of people. So i joined and lived happily ever after.

Acutally, it all started back in the days when the titan crew was running the imperial group in Star wars Roleplay, one day, sirus and i were on top of "Lieutenant Sukasa's " house and we were drinking beer and throwing them at storm troopers. Basically sukasa and i became friends, then aryte found me amusing. I joined titan as the official Chef, and when aryte started having "supar sekrit" talks of restarting the ordo he was going to give me a silly willy position as the chef or w/e. but as time went on i decided that this might be worth putting time into, so i was brought in as a e-4, and worked my way to the cohorts and became imfamous and hated blah blah.

it was a good time. great sucess

Well let's see all my good friends in Ordo were a big factor. Mike,Sykes,Renlu,Sosarin,Sera.. the list goes on. Also Ordo had such a good rep as far as militaries go so I felt comfortable with that combined with my friend's opinions that Ordo was the right group for me to join. I can comfortably say that virtually everyone I've met in Ordo has been very friendly and the group has good morale and generally speaking everyone seem to get along. Nothing is perfect but I'm very happy I chose Ordo.