Clicky

Rei Kuhr

Armed Assault

Ok, me and Akurei have tossed around the idea of playing ArmA in co-op matches. We're both into highly tactical games. It's also been discussed about possibly finding anybody else that's interested. Well I've decided to make a post about it now. Me and Aku, possibly Joseph, are going to be playing ArmA. For those that have not played ArmA or Operation Flashpoint, it's a first person tactical shooter, but more. Consider it a full-on wargame simulator. There is no bunnyhopping, no crosshairs, no omnipresent radar. There's oftentimes not even a death report (other than your own team dying). It's full, visceral warfare, with the challenges that come along with being simulated to the highest degree of realism.

So I'm calling out anybody who loves getting into firefights with tactics, skill, and forethought. Once again, this will be along the lines of a Cooperative match. Us against bots.

Oh and if FPS games frustrate you, or if your idea of a stealth mission is to nuke them before they realize it's coming, probably not the best game to play as ArmA is highly frustrating.

OK, me Gunau and Sukasa been playing this today. Good times all around :D

I hope we can hit more of this this weekend. WITH BULLETS >:C

I would recommend people use these two mods though, since they make the game doubleawesome.

YOU MUST HAVE VERSION 1.14 of ArmA!

MadMatt's ArmAEffects v1.0

This mod improves and replaces the game's special effects. Check the video. :)

Mod Download // Video Trailer

FFAMM Version 1.53

This mod mostly replaces and enhances the game's default crappy sound effects. Video on the download page.

Mod Download

Also something else to add onto the end of your ArmA shortcut target, is -nosplash

Here is an example from my target:

D:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1;@FROMZ;@ArmAEffects -nosplash

What this does is disables all the unskippable splash screens when the game starts up, which will save you a lot of time when launching.

(Note: DBE1 is the 'Queen's Gambit' expansion for ArmA. You don't need to have this to play. All of these mods are client side only, so not having them won't make it impossible to play with us. :) It just means you'll be seeing the boring default effects and sounds ;o )