Clicky

Cygna

Forum Default Skin

Forum Default Skin  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should the forum default skin change from IP.Fury to IP.Warrior?

• Yes, change the skin to IP.Warrior.
    • No, keep the skin IP.Fury.
    • I don't care either way.

I downloaded a new skin for the Ordo Forums and installed it, and in my opinion it's like 1000x better than the IP.Fury (the default skin with the orange) skin we're currently using. If everyone likes this new skin better than the IP.Fury, I'll replace the SOCOM background it came packaged with to an Ordo related image (maybe of Titan or something) and make it the new default skin. I can also turn off the transparency if text is too annoying to read.

To inspect the new skin for yourself, scroll to the bottom of this page, and on the bottom left you'll see a white drop-down box with IP.Fury in the name. Click that and then click on IP.Warrior.

Please vote

If you switch to the Google Chrome internet browser then the choppiness should clear up (along with many performance issues Mozilla Firefox suffers from). If it doesn't it's probably your computer performance.

Agares: Yus that would be nice. Or a scape of the new Titan build.

Desereck: I see no correlation between IP.Warrior and the Vanguard forum templates aside from that they're both dark.

Ribena: The Ordo Imperialis logo doesn't interfere with my name. Mine looks like this:

capture027.png

Also keep in mind, if the default forum skin gets changed to IP.Warrior one may always elect to switch their skin individually back to IP.Fury by following the steps I provided in the OP post.

Don't like the new skin, too distracting. Fury works great as is. If you do keep it, turn off transparency, hurts readability.

I have no issues with running Firefox, make sure you are running the latest (3.5.7 as of 09JAN10).

Google Chrome is /slightly/ better than Firefox regarding Acid 3 standards, but not by much. Neither passes it. Only Safari 4, Opera 10, Epiphany 2.28, and Iris Browser 1.1.4 pass. :/

DOUBLE POST: Any skin which goes so far as to use Acid3 standards is too flashy for forums use, in my humble opinion.

Lets think of it like this. Most of the people in the world use Firefox or Internet Explorer. If the website looks poorly on these, then we look poorly. Its installed, the people that like it, have fun with it, we aren't removing it. However, this is the first thing a cadet will see when he registers. I don't want him to see a website that doesn't look well.

Those of you voting...realize, we aren't voting whether to use it. Anyone can use it. We are voting what is the default.

Because of this, as a web admin, I believe it is my duty to vote a firm strict "no" and suggest all others to do likewise.