Clicky

Gulliver Carpool

Hockey Players: READ! HELP!

I need a new hockey stick. I haven't played in several years due to a profound knee injury. I'm able to skate now--in some odd one legged fashion--so I'm playing drop in for a while. Problem. My sticks are about 7 years old. They are wood. Sherwood 9950's with a Leclair pattern. The blades are split. I can use 'em for a while, but I doubt they'll last much longer given their damage and age. Surveying the major online equipment retailers, the market for my beloved old fashioned sticks looks bleak.

My questions are thus:

Supposing I have to pony up the retarded amount for a one piece compostite thing, what is a decent one that doesn't feel "fake." The two-piece blade+shaft is not going to happen. So, on these one-piecers, can you actually feel the puck as with a wooden stick? Which ones? Also, the blades these days seem to be outrageous. In my day, we had little curve and a lower lie. Anything with a moderate curve and 5 lie?