Clicky

RazorFox

Harry Potter: My Immortal

The concept behind this piece of literature is quite simple. It is a mockery of bad Harry Potter fanfiction and bad internet writing in general. Big whoop, been done to death by the likes of Peter Chimaera, Squirrelking (of Full-Life Consequences fame), etc.

However, the genius behind this lies in that it is very long, and even if you know it's a troll story, it's very hard to read. Seriously, you get started and it's funny as hell and it stays funny as hell but it just breaks your goddamn brain at every turn.

And thus, just as this story has a simple concept, so does the challenge I present: Read as much of this as you can until you have to stop because it hurts too much. When this happens, post how far you got in one sitting.

Harry Potter: My Immortal.

Bonus points if you read every single Author's Note in between chapters.

Super bonus points if you read every single word in one sitting, no breaks.

Ultra bonus points if you play any and/or all of the drinking games listed here.

If you manage to read every word of the whole thing in one sitting while playing and rigidly following all of the drinking games and then afterward manage to write and present to me a 10-page paper in MLA format explaining how the storyline was parallel to Catcher in the Rye and do all this in under four hours, I will give you my SL account.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Even knowing it was a troll story, I got to the first mention of Marilyn Manson before my urge to punch something overwhelmed me.

I kept reading.

Around Chapter 13 I think I was numb. My brain stopped working.

I admittedly just stopped registering entire sentences and paragraphs and just went word by word. I think I might have short-term memory loss.

I got to the end of Chapter 23 and cried upon realizing there was still another 20 to go. But I'm still soldiering on.

Even knowing it was a troll story, I got to the first mention of Marilyn Manson before my urge to punch something overwhelmed me.

I kept reading.

Around Chapter 13 I think I was numb. My brain stopped working.

I admittedly just stopped registering entire sentences and paragraphs and just went word by word. I think I might have short-term memory loss.

I got to the end of Chapter 23 and cried upon realizing there was still another 20 to go. But I'm still soldiering on.

So more or less, this is the literary equivalent of taking a large quantity of PCP.

I invented my own version to keep myself amused at work, Can I read this with a straight face. I got to the forest sex scene before laughing like a retard, now everyone in the office thinks i'm nuts. :(

You're a stronger man than I. I lost it at "Good Charlotte are having a concert in Hogsmeade" during my first read-through.