Clicky

Agares Tretiak

Praetorian Guard Trials: The Initiates

My dear and beloved fellow members of the most glorious Ordo Imperialis, I am greatly pleased to be able to bring to you, the list of new Initiates of the Praetorian Guard.

Before I post the list, however, I'd like to state that conducting and participating in these trials, on my part, has been a great honor and pleasure, seeing so many skilled, dedicated, and truly incredible people be willing to demonstrate their many and great abilities, all in veneration for their Imperator. In many ways, all of you have shown your mettle and skill, all of you having been worthy of this opportunity, a historic and new beginning for the Praetorian Guard. The selection, at each stage of the Trials have faced all of the Guard with a multitude of able candidates, and each and every participant has shown themselves to be among the best and most loyal this organization has to offer.

The list is as follows (in no particular order):

1. Ron Bleac

2. Zrazor Rozenstrauch

3. Kristian Kit

4. Keller Teichmann

5. Zerowinged Vasiliev

6. Soulbinder Wolfstein

After consultation with the Lord Imperator, we have granted a sixth opening.

Please, congratulate these individuals for their achievement, but also do not forget to congratulate and thank each and every other participant from the trials: They deserve their own veneration, without a doubt.

Thank you all.

Initiates - I will be holding an Orientation course sometime next week. I will be expecting you all to make it. There will also be an initiation ceremony soon. I will specify the time and location to you in person, after determining a time to hold it.

The selection process was one of the most grueling, difficult processes of my time here. The level of quality in each applicant was especially admirable, and, it became only increasingly difficult as we reached the final ten. Without a doubt, everyone who applied and put themselves forward is of incredible stature and talent. It is a sincere pleasure to have such wonderful people here. Beyond that: congratulations to those of you who have made the final selection for the spots. This will be a particularly exciting summer as we get things started.

Personally i like selections. Hadpicking is not a really transparent process and not all of those handpicked enlisted guardsmen turned out to be as good as they seemed at one time. Us being former officers..yeah well the praetorians get picked for a wide variety of skills and abilities. Some of which are also required to become officer. If you don't have those abilities or yet have to develop them you can't become an officer or a guardsmen.If you have them and got officer with them you at least possess the traits of a praetorian regarding those aspects.

That said, many NCOs made it very close to getting into the Finalist listings, and we had of course, both Teron and WolfShaman make it very far.

I would also like to note, since I've heard some stirrings of rumor in the enlisted ranks, that the Praetorians who were once officers will continue to serve in their current capacity, until we can find and train acceptable replacements for the honored positions they've held. This will take, at the least, a month, since these ex-officers must also make sure their respective squads are set up and ready to take on a new leader. Furthermore, many of them may well choose to remain attached to their old squads as Praetorian Adjutants, to help out with training and other squad functions. Thus, the ex-officers who've become Praetorian Initiates, have been assigned and granted the approptiate authority and rank by implicit extension of the Imperator's will. Please cooperate with them so that both may ensure the future excellence of each unit they led.

In the meant time, this is an opportunity for many of you to ask yourselves if you have the makings of an officer, and see if you can and will take/make the necessary steps to become one of the Ordo Imperialis' veteran cadre of officers. Do not underestimate the essential nature of this position, the inherent trust and responsibility you'd be taking on, to help guide the Ordo.