Dascede

Ordo Meeting 15MAY10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | O-1; Triplicarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 15 May 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Diplomacy/development; general issues.

SUMMARY: Weekly discussion.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening everyone.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for joining me this evening. Tonight, we have a few topics to topuch on. So let's get right to it.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Before, however, I wish to remind everyone about meeting etiquette. Foremost, be certain not to interrupt me or any other speaker. You will be provided the opportunity to raise topics and questions.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: When you are provided that chance, be sure to raise your hand and to shout anything you say-- our recorder is centralized, so it is necessary to ensure you are heard.

Imperator’s Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Per the norm, let's go ahead and begin with this week statistics:

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Personnel. Members: 296. Cadets: 8.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Applications. New: 9. Accepted: 2. Denied: 5. In review: 2.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Combat. Offensive operations: 10. Defensive operations: 100. Allied support missions not tallied; at a glance, seeing about six.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic occurences this week have focused primarily on alliance and general support for other groups--specifically through the projection of our combat abilities.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Several instances of allied missions have popped up, in which we've deployed in support of Merczateers (and others). In addition to which, there is a rising trend of positioning detachment of Ordo personnel in friendly territory, assisting smaller groups with their combat expeditions through maintaining security for their headquarters.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Other than that, things have been relatively quiet. I was recently notified the entirely of the TAC have blockaded Chaos-- so, it should be interesting to see what cards Svenska plays now, as he is suddenly dependant upon IS groups for combat.

Divisional Reports

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: That aside: unit reports this evening?

[18:06] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar, for Astra?

Astra

[18:06] Sosarin Demar: Combat participation is nominal. Training queue is rather quiet and has seen little to no progress (many of its number have fallen off the radar). The goal set forth to consolodate the flights was completed. The roster of our Tactical Squadron now reflects a more accurate summation of our active base. Other goals in the pipeline are the attempt to stir Astra events among any echelon that's interested in conducting them. These events will attempt to focus on a more group-wide focus to promote participation and well being on a larger scale. They may not necessarily encompass air elements, but improvement in ground fighting capability doesn't hurt.

[18:06] Sosarin Demar: Secondly, I hope to foster our veteran NCO's, or any NCO's that are interested on the path to officership. A new generation of Astra oversight is needed, and as the process can take over a period of months it is important to start as soon as possible. I will conduct interviews where I can, scheduled or unscheduled, with various individuals. At an announced time I will then open my door for everyone, regardless of rank. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Demar. Next?

[18:07] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov, for Terra?

Terra

[18:08] Lestat Umarov shouts: Another relatively normal week for Terra. Combat had occured as usual with several allied assistances recorded along with raids and SIM defense. Moving onto unit reports.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Keller for Invictus: "A relatively busy week for Invictus, with the squad taking part in numerous raids and performing exceptionally, as usual. Looking forward to picking it up a bit more come Sunday when my own schedule allows me to drag Invictus out more regularily."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov shouts: From ZeroWinged for Antesignani: "Light week in general. Not much activity. Looking forward to everyone that is in classes to finish up and get activity rolling again. No trainings held. The XCR is still in progress for our standard weaponry. We are expecting the use of Armor in larger numbers with many tanks being sold/given out by a number of companies so we will be training with a focus on their use. We have added a new member on a trial basis. Welcome to Antesignani Arokh Takakura. "

[18:08] Lestat Umarov shouts: From Genesis for Cohors B: "This week has been off and on with activity. Few PRFs done as well. Make sure everyone is keeping an eye on notices or the forums for postions may become open soon. Summer time is approaching fast so heres hoping for some fun times ahead."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: This concludes my report for Terra.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports this evening?

[18:10] Zero Itamae raises his hand.

Imperial Education Administration

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Itamae, for the IEA?

[18:11] Zero Itamae shouts: First off, the IEA is in great need of instructors. Currently we have about 10 instructors, out of the 15-20 we're looking to have. With Zacharias and Endra handling the Imperial Ludi, the amount instructors have to teach has expanded immensely, and the current number is not enough to cover it all. If anyone is interested contact me or post in the recruitment thread in General Discussion.

[18:11] Zero Itamae shouts: Secondly, some of you might notice the Imperial Education Administration area on the forums. Through there i'll be relaying any information that is suitable for public view, which includes the recruitment thread. (Still needs to be moved and fixed up a bit.)

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Itamae.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Final call. Any additional reports for the evening?

Old Business

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Moving along, then. Any old business to bring up this evening for further comment?

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: All righty then, moving on.

Keynote Topics

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: First topic to cover this evening: armored combat academy opportunity.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: As I have been murmuring about, we will be going forward with the tank qualification academy. I have decided to schedule and take a roster for class sessions personally for the first round, to simply see if the curriculum is adequate.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Within the next day or two I will be posting a sign-up on the forums. I expect that the sign up will be be based on a few things:

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: First come first serve, with weight to rank, and any outstanding Curia concerns.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: So by all means, I would encourage anyone interested in trying out for armor to step up and sign for the academy. Never know until you try.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Questions on that?

[18:17] Endra Ashbourne raises foot.

[18:17] Genostrike Sautereau raises hand

[18:17] Arokh Takakura raises a claw

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Ashbourne?

[18:18] Endra Ashbourne: If your test run is a success, will the tank qualification academy be added to Ludi?

[18:18] Jinxy Fluffball raises a horn

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Correct.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Takakura?

[18:18] Endra Ashbourne: Awesome.

[18:18] Arokh Takakura: In the definition of armour, are we talking Tracked veichles, and APCs, or does this also include the possibility of 'power armour' or heavy mechanised 'bodysuits'.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: This will be tailored specifically to our tracked vehicles and APC-- the Ira, Ultor, etc.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Sautereau?

[18:19] Typhon Perun rasies a thing

[18:19] Radryl Allen raises a hand.

[18:20] Genostrike Sautereau: 2 THings actually, 1) by Weight in rank. are you saying Higher ranks Get first pick and 2) Is this open to EVERYONe, including astra or is there a spacific Group set.

[18:20] Jinxy Fluffball lowers his horn again

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Well-- yes, an E-7 would have predecence over an E-1. But if the E-7 has an outstanding Curia report, it would become a toss-up.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly: .. hm. Astra members could use some loving. I don't particularly mind if they wish to pursue the academy. I will have to mull on that. Tracked vehicles are seen as "Terra" traditionally. I'll have an answer on that tomorrow.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Perun?

[18:23] Typhon Perun: Sir will Antesignani get a chance to try out the Ludi training for tanks? I know we are considerd to be trained in it, but I wouldn't mind if Antesignani got a chance to try the training.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Yes-- actually on that note. Antesig: pick three of your members and get me a list as soon as you can. Said three members will become permanent (or semi-permanent) tank instructors.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: If you don't have any volunteers, conscript them. Haha.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Allen?

[18:24] Trinity Heckroth raises a hand

[18:24] Zerowinged Vasiliev: [Here we go]

[18:25] Radryl Allen: My question was actually made by Genostrike, the Terra and Astra matter, as Astra has monopoly over the planes.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Aye. Final question: Heckroth?

[18:25] Trinity Heckroth: what about those that helped design the training documentation? Will they be considered qualified for trainer positions?

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Yes.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic:

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Rejuvenating combat / sim build transitions.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: As mentioned last week, we are now actively pursuing a change in sim design. The team involved has expanded, but the overall design has evolved a bit

[18:28] Vincent Kroitschov: raises paw

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: I won't "out" the individual essentially heading it up unless he cares to be. However we will be keeping a city-like scene overall.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: The changes, however, will see increased cover and opportunity for CQC manuevering. In addition to which, more fluid manuevering-- our red zone will shrink dramatically, allowing for tactics to be executed throughout the map in the choke areas.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Threat zones will be designated with capture locations/objectives.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: In addition to which, we will be doing a fairly dramatic shift: moving Chronus a space away from Titan, making both sims independant single sim combat zones. The reasoning behind this, is to . . as said, rejuvenate combate. The most common issue we run into in two-sim combat is the fact the border line creates latency, nullfying the homepoints in the sim: it ruins both attackers and defenders fun.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Chronus will remain within our service . . it will, however, be a little unique. It will serve as the objective outpost we mentioned weeks ago (formerly assigned to Malleus). Enemy who manage to capture Chronus will receive additional perks while attacking Titan. Or, if we control it, we'll receive additional perks.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: It is probable that we will make this transition in stages to ensure there is /no/ close time for the Ordo offensively. For example . . we'll be able to move Chronus, work on it while maintaining combat in Titan.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Thereafter, we'll be able to keep Chronus open for combat (albeit maintaining major adminstrative functions here in Titan) while Titan is undergoing renovation.

[18:33] thatguy Andel raises a hand.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: This will create a seamless transition for us.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Thereafter, Chronus will operate under special condition with team size limitations, etc-- keeping if a fun enviroment, without being a major burden (ex: enemy attacking it with a billion people, or vice versa with us defending it).

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Questions: Kroitschov?

[18:35] Trinity Heckroth raises hand

[18:35] thatguy Andel raises a hand.

[18:35] Vincent Kroitschov: it was awnsered already lol

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Andel?

[18:36] thatguy Andel: Sorry for the early interjection, sir. Are we going to demand for attacking groups to set their homepoints within Titan/Chronus due to sim-teleport lag?

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Aye.

[18:36] Trinity Heckroth: You mentioned various perks. Could you expand on that please? Wheich perks will offense get, and which will defense get?

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Heckroth?

[18:36] Typhon Perun raises a thing

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: That is not yet determined. I would imagine Chronus to be sort of a (builder's suggestion) power station-- so if it's in enemy hands, parts of our defense could be "offline." For example . . turrets in some areas.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Etc, etc.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Perun?

[18:37] Typhon Perun: Does this mean we will have to maintain two seperate defense commands, one for Titan and one for Chronus?

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: No. Chronus will not always be in play. We can treat it sort of like an instance.

[18:38] Radryl Allen raises a hand.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Where enemy can have opportunites to attack, etc.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Allen?

[18:39] Radryl Allen: When will exactly Chronus put into play, Imperator? There are times when there are few members to defend.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Once again, it will be used as something to increase fun, not create a burden for us.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: As an "instance," it will not be something that requires constant defense.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:41] Niiya Narayan raises a hand

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Narayan? :]

[18:41] Genostrike Sautereau Raises hand

[18:41] Eriksson Foxtrot raises a hand

[18:42] Niiya Narayan: Might I suggest that Chronus also be seen as an alternative for the late shift when there are few personnel available for defence also... Naturally with an AM on hand to instigate closing and opening of sims?

[18:42] Niiya Narayan: *EM

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: That's a fairly good idea.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Sautereau?

[18:43] Genostrike Sautereau: Not sure if i am the only one wondering this, But how are we going to stop the Enamy Forces from attacking Titan Wile Chronus has not been captured.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: No one said they have to capture C hronus.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: They're more than welcome to attack Titan directly.

[18:44] Genostrike Sautereau: Sorry i mis Red

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Simply, they won't have any extra enviromental help.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Foxtrot?

[18:44] Eriksson Foxtrot: When Chronus is under attack, and no Ordo Personnel are present in Chronus to defend, will the available personnel in Titan have a direct teleport to Chronus' defensive line? Or will we teleport in where the hostile would teleport in?

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: No. I don't think people are getting my point here. Chronus will be primarily pre-planned or "Ordo initiated" combat. For example-- we'd send out a challenge notice over OPforces.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: It will not be a detriment to our defense numbers in Titan on a day to day basis.

[18:46] Eriksson Foxtrot: Ahh, clearly understood then.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: But yes, we could easily teleport to a special area if needed when entering Chronus.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: All righty, moving on.

[18:46] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: (Good questions.)

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: I'll take one more. Mousehold?

[18:47] Corsi Mousehold: Will an attacking force be able to request combat in Chronus then before their main advance?

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: I would have no problem with that.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: We could even work it out that there's a "repair time." Like . . if the enemy captured it, they'd have X number of hours to reap the benefits.

[18:48] thatguy Andel raises a hand.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: It wouldn't be hard to connect the two sims through Mercury. So the conditions would be seamless.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: No more on this topic. We need to move on.

[18:48] thatguy Andel: 10-4.

[18:49] Euro Zapatero: 10-97. =P

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: There have been several changes in upper command and, in general, vacancies through time.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: We have multiple holes in the command tree of both Terra and Astra. So, a lot of you upper ended NCOs are soon to be provided the opportunity for advancement.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Although it is always regrettable to see an officer retire, it is a natural succession. That translates to opportunity for our NCO staff. We will be looking to pick up . . tentatively, three officers in the near future.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you aspiring for a promotion: start thinking about it. Officer status is . . well, a big change.

[18:52] Jinxy Fluffball ponders deeply

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: We look for people who we know we can promote, give a gentle nudge, and leave alone to work on their own terms, without major day to day oversight.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Proactive contribution is a huge part of officer operation.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: I have already tapped someone in Astra for elevation. However, that certainly doesn't mean he'll be the only. I will be nudging upper level NCO (primarily in the 7 bracket) who are recommended to me by their command.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: That is not to say, however, that an offer couldn't be made as low as the 6 bracket. So. Just be aware. And, good luck!

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Perfecto. Last topic from me then:

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: I want to take a moment to simply say thank you to all of my staff and NCO. Over the last week I have been taking a lot of "me" time as I pop off early in the night to run amuck enjoying the life of having no class. It's given me a lot of opportunity to rest up. Although I certainly intend to exercise more freedom in the future (as I particularly love seeing officers lead raids instead of me, haha), I will be operating more actively in the way of finishing projects starting next week.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for your patience. This week went without a hitch. We had a very solid combat participation and a noticeable trend in activity.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: I really expect this only to increase a summer sets in. My goal will be to continue increasing deployment activity.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: This includes appointing those E-8's and restructuring how approvals for deployments go. I envision the creation of a more comprehensive list of combat groups, with ratings and tiers of clearance.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: For example "low threat" areas will be able to be raided with an E-8 leader (without my explicit approval), whereas "medium" areas will be officer, so on and so forth.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions on that?

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: .. anyone have a question now? Lol.

Open Topics

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Open floor. Topics?

[19:01] Trinity Heckroth raises hand

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Heckroth.

[19:01] Trinity Heckroth: This is from Trevor. He asked me to post this in case he couldnt make it.

[19:01] Trinity Heckroth: I would like to bring up a concern that has been mentioned by many officers. This has to do with our meeting room positioning for our various members. In a group meeting, members should show respect by taking a seat. This helps us look a lot more professional, so that we aren't merely standing around informally. Secondly, I propose that only praetorians should be standing behind or around the Imperator. The praetorians are his personal guard, and it is their job, not anyone else's. This not only shows respect to the Imperator, but also to your fellow comrades, who have already been doing this.

[19:01] Trinity Heckroth: I would like to say I fully agree with and support the above statement.

[19:02] Typhon Perun raises a hand to that.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Affirmed, we'll enforce it next meeting. Spare the matter of who is "standing behind me." I'll nudge people to their seats if I see it as a problem.

[19:02] Lestat Umarov raises hand.

[19:02] Typhon Perun lowers his hand.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Umarov?

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: (On that note, we need new banners.)

[19:03] Arokh Takakura raises his hand.

[19:04] Lestat Umarov: I agree with the statement but I feel that division CO's should have the opportunity to stand at the front as well considering they have to present reports to the rest of the group.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Never had an issue witht hat.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Takakura?

[19:05] Arokh Takakura: With reference to the need for new banners, I am making them/can make them for anyone who wants one that looks like mine. But I have to hand-craft each one!

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics?

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics?

Meeting Closer

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Promotions will be posted by tomorrow-- I actually got . . uh, a hailstorm of recommendations. So I want to give each a proper review. As for combat: I'll host a big raid in a bit. Just stick on map if you want in. Otherwise. Great meeting and a good week. Thanks a lot. Stay tuned to the forums for the tank thing aaand any reports on upcoming major campaigns.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.