Clicky

Phillip Hultcrantz

RAINBOW WARRIORS!

So like, Mik cam into titan this morning, we only had 1 Preada and no flak cannons. So I hoped in my attachment aircraft and shot mik...once... he didn't come back.

I thought he crashed, but then I get an IM bitching about attachment aircraft... Ugh not this bullshit again...

We went through the whole deal of how the AN fails for going back on thier agreement to allow them and how the AN is just pissy because they lack the skill to fight in the air and lack the scripting ability to make attachment aircraft.

And when I was done trolling him...

[4:48] Mikael Khalamov: Lol, right. We're so laggy that we had a 12 aircraft dogfight in Dorien without it so much as hiccuping. But when a single Urinal or Pedo pops up, the sim goes to shit.

[4:49] Phillip Hultcrantz: See we have the same problem, we never have lag issues in Titan until the rainbow warriors (AN) show up.

[4:49] Phillip Hultcrantz: Even CSL don't make as much lag as you guys

[4:49] Mikael Khalamov: Rainbow warriors, that's cute.

He's not said another word to me.

It's people like mik and Luca that make the Good people in the AN look bad. Let's all bow our heads in a moment of laughter as we imagine Trinity shove a pineapple up miks ass for his asshatery.

Ah.. the troller becomes the trolled. I'm going to ahve so much fun with this >:)

Haha, rainbow warriors that's too good. But yeah, Mikael is fucked if he thinks attachment aircrafts/praedas are more laggy than his plane. I mean what's more laggy, a plane that just shoots bullets, or a plane that shoots bombs, missiles, tracking missiles, explosive rounds, and lets not forget regular bullets, and all the text it can have popping up.

EDIT: Several fixed typos. Friends don't let friends drink and type. Love, Trevor :D

EDIT: Thank you Trevor :D

[2008/08/30 4:49] Mikael Khalamov: You do realize they are not allowed in Dorien, I hope.

[2008/08/30 4:49] Kristian Kit: I am not going to discuss this for the 14324th time now.

[2008/08/30 4:49] Mikael Khalamov: and elsewhere if we come across them our pilots are allowed to go weapons free (read:missiles) because they're av flight.

[2008/08/30 4:49] Kristian Kit: I hope you are aware we don't allow those in Titan.

[2008/08/30 4:50] Mikael Khalamov: I don't mind, really. If I get banned, that's okay, as long as I don't ahve to deal with av flying people.

[2008/08/30 4:51] Mikael Khalamov: And then it'll be the whole blockade bullshit all over again! Won't that be fun!

Phil, a bit more tact may have had this turn out differently. I am a friend of Mikael, and have had many a more civil conversation with him. Also, he tends to be one of the better AN, unlike Luca. He can be nice, listen to the other side, and not be a douche, all if you treat him the same. I have seen this countless times, and 99 times out of 100, the person accusing him of being an "ass" is the one who either instigated or elevated it. Also, such insults as "rainbow warriors" are the kind of immature insults that create the drama of SL militaries. Yes they may do it too. Does that mean we sink to their level? No.

Trevor, if you saw the chat log you'd say otherwise. I rarely ever begin a convo with some one to instigate or harass. Mik sent the IM to me saying the Ordo was low and cheap for letting me get them attach scripts. in the beginning of the convo I was being very tactful in defending Ordo but mik decided to sink himself low.

People like him don't deserve my respect. I will handle him as he should be handled. If he's going to act like a dipshit then I'll treat him as one. If he has a problem with the way I do things then he can kiss my ass. His opinion means dick shit to me and I'm going to make sure he knows it.

After the little chat I had with him he know knows I don't care about him or his idiotic rehtoric and I'd be willing to bet he won't be IMing me about such crap for a while. See people rarely send me these IM's because most people know what I'm going to say and they all know I don't give a flying f*** about what they think on certain matters. Thus they are less of a headache for me.

I know most don't approve of the way I handeled it but one things for sure, he won't bother me for quite soem time and that's what matters. We have bigger things to worry about and don't need mik getting in our way.

Phillip Hultcrantz wrote:

Trevor, if you saw the chat log you'd say otherwise. I rarely ever begin a convo with some one to instigate or harass. Mik sent the IM to me saying the Ordo was low and cheap for letting me get them attach scripts. in the beginning of the convo I was being very tactful in defending Ordo but mik decided to sink himself low.

People like him don't deserve my respect. I will handle him as he should be handled. If he's going to act like a dipshit then I'll treat him as one. If he has a problem with the way I do things then he can kiss my ass. His opinion means dick shit to me and I'm going to make sure he knows it.

After the little chat I had with him he know knows I don't care about him or his idiotic rehtoric and I'd be willing to bet he won't be IMing me about such crap for a while. See people rarely send me these IM's because most people know what I'm going to say and they all know I don't give a flying f*** about what they think on certain matters. Thus they are less of a headache for me.

I know most don't approve of the way I handeled it but one things for sure, he won't bother me for quite soem time and that's what matters. We have bigger things to worry about and don't need mik getting in our way.

Just don't forget that you represent Ordo. And people tend to take our individual words as "what Ordo said." But, I do agree with the way you handled yourself. No Step.

Trevor Russell wrote:

Phil, a bit more tact may have had this turn out differently. I am a friend of Mikael, and have had many a more civil conversation with him. Also, he tends to be one of the better AN, unlike Luca. He can be nice, listen to the other side, and not be a douche, all if you treat him the same. I have seen this countless times, and 99 times out of 100, the person accusing him of being an "ass" is the one who either instigated or elevated it. Also, such insults as "rainbow warriors" are the kind of immature insults that create the drama of SL militaries. Yes they may do it too. Does that mean we sink to their level? No.

Quoted for truth. This is something I have been preaching for ages in the military community, and I haven't found a way to say it this effectively. I myself talk to Mikael from time to time; my first experience of him civilly was on the Mercz. docks where he, myself, and Harlequin had a very long chat. I was a Mladshiy Recruit back then. Rather than shoot me on sight, his first response was an IM asking me if he wanted to hang out. Learned quite a bit of how a "bad" individual isn't really a bad individual at all.

The Ascendant Initiative has different ideas about how combat is perfected. Their vision of combat is perfect and so is ours. It's all about perspective, and everyone forgets that. They aren't out to ruin us, they aren't out to destroy us (or, at least, most of them aren't). They're here to make an effective military roleplay just as we are.

It just so happens that they are of a bit more conservative approach to new gear, which frustrates some, but I don't mind it. I enjoyed the grav pack. I never used one, but I have fought against them, and it's no trouble at all. So they can get into restricted areas, yeah, sure, but where's the fun in cornering them and beating the living crap out of them? The AN's approach is thus: If it worked until then, it'll work for as long as the system permits. Anything new that challenges their system scares them, because they themselves are afraid of being outdone.

In this situation, their usage of certain weapons to fight back are merely self defense to an over-evolving attack force, and, upon chatting with several of their members on personal diplomatic assignments, I've found that they are perfectly okay with being blockaded in the long run.

There will always be disputes because there are a few wild card members who fuck things up for the rest of us rather than talking it out peacefully. But I'm seeing a trend of picking out certain people to go after. Keep in mind that, again, they have their ideas, we have ours, and we need to set an example for not only Ordo, but ourselves and our friends, to make it clear that we will not force our beliefs too rigidly to the point where it turns into anger. Anger leads to hate, and hate is not something you want to have for the person on the other end of a video game.

~Keystone

EDIT: And with all due respect, Phillip: You are not right in insulting others even if you are confident in knowing how to insult them. You completely missed the fact that Krow pointed out: You are a representative - and a high profile one, as AN knows you from the Mercz/AN Attachment Uriel debacle - of the Ordo Imperialis. Anything you say can get blasted as Ordo truth, especially on the concept of attachment aircraft. Remember, "tact" is not weakness; "tact" is saying what you want to say without it being offensive. You end up getting the same message across with less anger on both sides, and tact is how good diplomacy works.

Considering all of the success I've had in doing things my way, I'd say I'm correct in what I do. Being nice only get's you so far in this world, some times you have to get mean with people before they get the point. Keystone you've not been in the SL militaries nearly as long as I have, I know what works and what dosn't. Mik is easy to judge. Some times he's a reat guy and other times hes a bloody asshat that's out to troll or make you look like a cunt. You can be nice to him all you want and put up with him being a shit head I'll be doing things another way.

Eazy101 Wilber wrote:

ORRRR we could just finish this thread because everything was already delt with and we dont need to argue :)

Aside from the personal attacks on each other is this actually a good discussion on military discipline and respect that needs to be discussed in my opinion.

Continue the discussion and stop blaming each other is my advice.

I would love to post something as long as the people before me did but it is late and i am tired so i just stick with...

"Respect comes trough respect"

That's my opinion, i elaborate on it later when starbucks isn't the only thing that keeps me running.

Ya know, I don't know Mik as well as everyone else, nor do I know what he's done or how people feel about him etc..

But whenever I first meet someone I always first think of them as a friend, before an enemy. For example the other night when Mik attacked us we went to go kill him and at one point I died, and he sent me an IM saying "Lol, :P"

Did I respond with an insult? No. Did I ignore him? No. I simply said in return, ":D hehe, it's been a long day." or something like that. That little phrase, not an insult, not an attack, just a little friendly remark, sparked a very long and friendly conversation with him. When it's civilized I found him to be not that bad of a guy actually. We talked about many controversial topics but we both kept it civilized. He acted very understanding and although we debated we did not argue or get angry. We had some good laughs and eventually added eachother to friends list.

And keep in mind, this was all while he was attacking and we were killing eachother over and over. That shows how good of a persons someone could be. Now I'm still kinda cautious as I just met the guy, but seems he's just another player. Kinda ticks me off when people start going off on eachother over the little crap in life. And no point did he ever give me reason to insult him at all. I think at no point should anyone be personally insulted. We are all different, yes. But we all know how to treat other people, with respect. And we should all do as such.

Phillip Hultcrantz wrote:

Keystone you've not been in the SL militaries nearly as long as I have, I know what works and what dosn't.

And with all due respect Phil, the amount of time someone has been in an SL military has nothing to do with peoples life experience and how they know how to involve themselves with others or with specific problems. This isnt a matter of "I know more I've been here longer." It's a matter of respect and how to treat someone or handle a problem the way we've been taught. Not how we 'think' we should handle it or how we 'think' they deserve to be treated.

Just to make something clear here. Remember that when you speak to others outside Ordo as a member of Ordo, you WILL maintain professionalism. When you are wearing the uniform and/or tag, you represent the group whether you mean to or not. Whether or not you personally respect others, you will treat them with respect and civility. You will not let yourself sink to their level. If they want to play dirty word games, fine, let them. Ignore the barbs and uphold the standards we have in Ordo. IF you want to run your mouth at someone, take off the tag, take off the uniform, and speak to them as a civilian.

Rei Kuhr wrote:

Just to make something clear here. Remember that when you speak to others outside Ordo as a member of Ordo, you WILL maintain professionalism. When you are wearing the uniform and/or tag, you represent the group whether you mean to or not. Whether or not you personally respect others, you will treat them with respect and civility. You will not let yourself sink to their level. If they want to play dirty word games, fine, let them. Ignore the barbs and uphold the standards we have in Ordo. IF you want to run your mouth at someone, take off the tag, take off the uniform, and speak to them as a civilian.

I agree 100%