Clicky

Nakita

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Alright, so I recently picked up a copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and decided to start the game on the "Give me Deus Ex" difficutly. However, during my playthough, I found the game to be much too easy. (Except boss fights, lool) So, in light of this, I procedeed through the game with a few extra rules I had to keep by to continue playing. The rules go as this.

1) Start the game on "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty.

2) You may not kill anyone, unless directed to by the game. I.E. boss fights or an assassination target.

3) Going into "Hostile" mode, where enemies actively engage you, counts as a loss. Restart your last save.

4) You may not put any praxis into Stealth Enhancer catagory.

5) You may not put any praxis into Hacking:Capture catagory beyond 3. (Good luck finding those pocket secretaries!)

Keep in mind that you may save the game at any time.

Anyone think they can handle it?

Not killing anyone? Been there and done that. Even easier than killing everyone, including the police station, which is what I did on my last playthrough. Going through the game using stealth is a lot easier than brute force run and gun. Anything above level 3 hacking I don't recall being necessary in the storyline, just additional weapon caches and sometimes back entrances. Cloaking defeats lasers and all security systems. The three bosses are the only things you HAVE to kill, everything else, including the very end, can be taken out with multiple tranqs (and necessary for the achievement). Gas grenades knock people out entirely (not sure on all types of guards), and EMP grenades take out all boxguards/turrets/robots/cameras.

Not killing anyone? Been there and done that. Even easier than killing everyone, including the police station, which is what I did on my last playthrough. Going through the game using stealth is a lot easier than brute force run and gun. Anything above level 3 hacking I don't recall being necessary in the storyline, just additional weapon caches and sometimes back entrances. Cloaking defeats lasers and all security systems. The three bosses are the only things you HAVE to kill, everything else, including the very end, can be taken out with multiple tranqs (and necessary for the achievement). Gas grenades knock people out entirely (not sure on all types of guards), and EMP grenades take out all boxguards/turrets/robots/cameras.

Well, it all depends on your gaming style. It's more of a test of patience than anything. You can go through room to room and just kill everything with ease as long as you use proper cover, but the whole point of it is is to recreate a Thief 2 style gameplay where you were pretty much Ffffed if you were caught. As for the hacking thing, I went though the game up until you arrive the second time at Hengsha with only level one hacking before changing the rule. A friend of mine told me that you couldn't beat the game with only one, and I fell for it, even though it was total bullshit. I'll probably have another run through where I more exclusively play pascifist and only use level one hacking.

The guards in Hengsha are easily avoided entirely, or saving the guy at the start of Tai Yong Medical and you save quite a bit of time (which is altogether too convenient, so I think that was just thrown in there).

No, it really has nothing to do with playstyle. The game doesn't provide any significant amount of ammo, and dying is pretty quick with even a second or two out of cover. Should perhaps try that challenge yourself and see if you can make it through Give me Deus Ex by killing everyone. Headshots also don't kill the heavier equipped guards, for that matter, so its a mix of using concussion grenades and mines a swell as choice armaments. Silencers at least help to not alert everyone.

I carried around a rifle and a machine pistol and just picked up and bought as much ammo as I could for them. Both had silencers and both had the flechette targeting system, plus I upgraded them as much as I could with any upgrades I found or bought.

And I tried to conserve my ammo, too.

I generally didn't have ammo issues other than on those damn heavy weapons guys who take like 100 headshots to take down, so instead I just cloak until I'm behind them and take them down, but that takes nutrients. :(

You can also just try to sprint at them and take them down, but if there are other people around or they are too far away and they start lighting you up, it can be dangerous.

Or just do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3wOT9cSg4&feature=player_embedded

Having tried all the weapons, the SMG is pretty worthless damage-wise in comparison to everything else. An upgraded 10mm pistol headshots anything faster, and the flechette targeting system sometimes just doesn't plain hit the right spot. It also has identical range (as noted by the range of the laser in use). So long as you have the laser sight, the gun is more accurate than ironsights at any point in time.

I think the heavy rifle guys are bugged slightly. I came to find that while if you tried, it would either take a hundred headshots, OR you could simply toss a concussion grenade and suddenly they were just as easy as everything else to kill in the head. I tested it a few times, especially with the SMG, assault rifle, and pistol headshots against those types, and a concussion grenade or thrown item was all it took to make them just as vulnerable as everyone else. Although in general, like that video, if you've got the arm augs, any large object becomes an extremely deadly weapon. Picking up turrets is what I found most fun. Hack a turret and toting it around like a portable bulletproof minigun.