Clicky

DarkHades Demonia

Best SL Viewer

Hello people,

The purpose of my topic is to ask for recommendations. Which one is the best SL viewer so far? I am using snowglobe because its less laggy in my opinion. But so far it crash a lot when I get teleported (medics or when I die).

So I want something:

Free of crash and less laggy possible. I don't want something fancy I want a viewer that let me fight with no problems.

I use Vertical life, it's made for the Combat community, but it was never completley finished. It gives a slight performance boost on my system. It's twice or three times as fast logging in than emerald. There are a few exclusive features like being able to mass teleport people by clicking on the map. As well as people from a specific group showing up as a different color on your minimap *This was supposed to be for all IS personnel, but it was never finished, so only Merczateers show up as dark blue*

but unfortunatley it is not one of the TOS approved viewers, so using it is a risk. And there is no longer a download link. So you'll just have to jump on the emerald bandwagon

Nano is similar to the Emerald viewer, but lacks the annoying texture leak issue which can cause problems on some computers. It is, however, discontinued due to internal issues and that ambiguous Onyx project basically beating the crap out of their reputation.

Nano Viewer - Depicted by Keller; Works a bit more stable when it comes to graphical preformance then most clients (Essentially a dumbed down Emerald)

or

Vertical Life 1.5.8 - Due to it being streamlined for the "fair" factor (It removes Wireframe, ARC, Beacons, and multiple other little tools that can be used malicious-ly in Secondlife combat) and fixes the "Lol Velocity Interpolate issue". However, it does cause some strain for some lower end computers.

I would use VL, but Nexii's programmers who had the OSX version disappeared, so I can't get that. I usually use Snowglobe, it's just a basic viewer with no fancy perks, so everything loads almost as soon as I log on or teleport into a SIM, although I have found some small bugs in it. During combat I tend to switch to emerald for the features it has.

My own experience:

Snowglobe - I get around 35-40FPS when the sim is full (30 members no battle). The problem is that when I teleport like 5 times on the 6 times the teleport never work. So I have to close the viewer and log in again.

VerticalLife - Good FPS but textures sometimes look weird on my screen.

Emerald - Low fps for me 15-20, but lot of good features.

I need to test Nano viewer.

I use Vertical Life 1.5.5, since for some reason when i found the viewer, it was the only one available for me to download. It seems to work much better than my old Classic viewer 1.2, but for some reason it has a tendency to lock up and crash on me at random times, especially when a Battle is winding down or has stopped altogether, probably because the Sim load drops like a sack of rocks and the viewer has a bit of a stroke to compensate.

Also, i've been having an issue with SL where my monitor will lock up, and then flicker out and go black for a few seconds, and then go back to normal again when running Second Life. It doesn't do this with any other game except SL.