Clicky

Exterminatus Footman

Alien Swarm

Information shamelessly stolen from a Facepunch thread.

Alien Swarm is an award winning co-op total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004. It was unique in that it was a top down strategic shooter that really pushed the need to work with your team. Friendly fire was always on, flashlights were your only true source of vision, and there were a ton of maps both made by Black Cat Studios (the guys behind it) and fans. It also had a very old school feeling in that wave after wave of aliens would just keep coming at you.

Features

Unique blend of action and strategy.

1-8 players co-operative play.

Single mission or Campaign mode.

Large array of equipment for your marines, including Assault rifles,

Shotguns, SynTek SmartEye Autoguns, Flamethrowers, Pistols, Incendiary

Mines, Flares, Stim Packs, Ammo Bags, Sentry Guns, Medkits and more!

Four marine classes: Explosives, Special Weapons, Medic and Technical

Skill and experience system allowing your marines to improve as they progress through the campaign.

Full tutorial to teach you how to play and to use the equipment at your disposal.

8 unique marines with portaits, personality, skills and background.

Easy to use emote system for team communication.

Full character speech for each marine which adapts to the current situation.

Alien parasites which infest your marines and hatch from inside them.

A variety of mission objectives.

High scores, kill records and medals.

A range of difficulty settings and unlockable map variations.

Leader and voting system for online play.

It's free on steam, and it's a cooperative multiplayer game. Anyone up for playing it together?

I downloaded it, tried to play it, crashed and shut off before it got to the Main Menu.

Don't even know why. That crap only happens when the graphics engine on it is juiced up to the point to where i need to download a new driver. So...

Fuck you Freebie Steam game, i'll go play my other plethora of good shit that still works.

I thought the game was fun, beat the campaign! It really does have and old school sort of feel to it which makes it have a high replay value. This would make a great arcade game.

Agreed, Anly. The parasites are pretty cheap-- in fact they were my only deaths other than friendly fire.

I downloaded it, tried to play it, crashed and shut off before it got to the Main Menu.

Don't even know why. That crap only happens when the graphics engine on it is juiced up to the point to where i need to download a new driver. So...

Fuck you Freebie Steam game, i'll go play my other plethora of good shit that still works.

It's a subtle unannounced stress-test of the Portal 2 engine, actually, so... :teeth: