Clicky

DamionStJames Webb

Reflection, 9/11 Where were you?

I was in school at the time, freshman in highschool. First I heard about it was when I was in gym class doing stretches. Someone next to me wispered "Did you hear about the crash?" and I replied "No." I didn't hear anything else about it until lunch later in the day. People were gossiping like crazy, everyone comeing up with their own theory of who did it.

The teachers tried to stick to their lesson plans, but all the students were too interested in what happened. None of the tv's in the building save for a few classes had an outside cable tv connection. News trickled out from those rooms slowly, but it was usually so sparse that I didn't beleive it. I thought it was just some grand prank a few individuals were playing. There were a few that I knew would try things like this for giggles. Either that, or I didn't want to beleive it.

First videos I saw of the crash, and the moment that it solidified in my head that this was very much real was when I got home. The living room tv was allready on, with the dust clouds rolling across the streets on screen. The second tower had allready gone down by the time I learned it wasn't a prank.

Guest Larry Furlough

Highschool, was late getting in, and the car didn't have a radio. I walked into the classroom, And had noticed that on the way in everyone looked like zombies. Sat down, only to see the tv tuned to CNN and the people jumping out of the buildings. Then the second plane hit... The rest of that day was spent calling family, remembering what really matters.

mhm i was in a games hall of a friend of mine playing for free with few other peoples and was kinda schocket as the pictures streamed in on a 8" plasma screen and people where like fuck 2 planes crushed into the twin towers the people around where pretty much paralysed and somehow the people around where in panic and talking stuff about how they fear WWIII starting and or stuff wich get faced against germany too ect

I was in my room, when my mom called me in I think..

And I stood in front of the TV watching the planes hit the towers, and about half way through I turned to my parents and the first thing that crossed my mind was "What the fuck are you guys watching?" and when I was told what was going on, I was like: "Oh." then stood there in front of the TV, being the sick bastard I am I was marveling at the TV considering it was the first Time I saw something like this.

Then later on I was like "Oh man, they are SO getting their asses kicked"

High school, Spanish class. The Principal walked in and said "Terrorists hit the World Trade Center" And I walked out of the room and watched the coverage on a TV set up in the library. I really wanted to beat the ever living crap out of the 3 jocks who started laughing at a fireman who was stumbling around, covered in dust. Luckily the shop teacher was there, and he smacked them reeeaaaally hard on the back of the head. He was a big dude.

High school, waiting for gym class to start. I'm sitting there on the bleachers and suddenly our gym teacher comes up to us and tells us that "terrorists just blew up the twin towers." I didn't know what the hell to think until we spent the whole day just watching looped news footage of it. It was pretty intense. There was a lot of talk about "let's kill the fucking ragheads" for a while.

I was just getting ready to hop on the bus to school, when my mom told me to turn on the TV and VCR and start taping the news. I had no idea what was going on, flicked it on to see the first tower burning. I thought it was just a massive accidental fire until I got to class, When I got to class the second tower had been hit, and we spent the rest of the morning in our classes with the TVs going. My art teacher had a breakdown when the first tower collapsed, so we were sent home early. My dad found out a friend of his was in NYC for business as well, so things were tense at home too. No one really wanted to believe it.

6th grade, Eating breakfast with my mother whislt living in a crappy mini-home *trailer*

My mother didn't act as if anything was wrong,

By the time I had first seen it it was already on a replay for about the 30th time, I remember the channel I was watching actually cut the footage because they didn't want people to think that it had JUST happened. even though the collisions happened X hours ago.