Clicky

Mickel Reed

Posters

As you may already know, I like making posters. Motivational, educational, or just comical. Sometimes the ideas don't come out quite right though, and sometimes I could use a bit of help with actors and the like. Or maybe I just need to be told it's a stupid idea and that I should be ashamed for having it. At any rate, I thought I'd run some ideas past you.

First of all I wanted to bring some attention to the Armatura and also facilities like the Killhouse. I couldn't think of any good ideas though, until I heard the command "goto:range" enough times. It struck me that it sounds like an imperative. It conjured up an image where I'm crouching behind a wall with a rifle, and an NCO is standing over me. "Son," he says paternally, smiling and looking from me to my rifle to my (distinctively un-ventilated) target, then back to me. "Shooting range." he says. "Now."

Fist picture: A shot of the shooting range, looking down at milites Bob, Joe, and Mike, who are busy putting holes in targets. Nothing fancy. In big block letters above the pic: "GOTO:RANGE" and under it, "MORE LIVES THAN YOUR OWN DEPEND ON YOUR SKILL".

Second picture: A shot of the killhouse. Milites Bob (wearing a red flag) and Milites Mike (wearing a blue flag) are stalking each other, pistols drawn. Same deal with the text. "GOTO:KILLHOUSE" and then the slogan.

Good idea/bad idea?

Milites Bob, Joe, and Mike are three very generic looking troopers in BDUs. This is to keep the posters generic and timeless. No particular individual or division is pointed out. I'm thinking it'd work well to just apply one of the basic premade avatars from the library but wearing the BDU.

Thoughts?

Now that I have a "Milites Bob" outfit I can do some "Milites Bob says..." posters too. I just need a good pose where I'm making a thumbs up and grinning like a loon.

"Milites Bob says: Don't go swimming in the lava. You'll be held responsible for any materiel damaged or lost!"

Or how about "Milites Bob says: The Emperor protects! But ducking helps too!"

Would work.

I have some suggestions that show some unique parts about the ordo.

Milites bob lost in the Astra maze,

Milites bob finding himself in a lava tunnel with the door closed behind him ( search for the alliance navy towel run vid on youtube)

Milites bob flying around the vortex after his goto: broke in mid air

Ordo is also known for large numbers, i don't know how to implement that tho.

Milites bob could get knocked out by a target flipping up in the killhouse.

Well i will suggest more if i come up with them

Edited by Kristian Kit

I have a poster ready for "goto:armory". I just need a snappy text for it. I opened up with "Look to your wargear!" which I stoleborrowed from WH40K literature, and then an inspirational text about how it's nice to have the latest version of everything, and closing with "More lives than your own depend on you!"

It's a lot of text though, and people have commented that it's not snappy enough. So guys, help me out. What should I put there?