Clicky

Williamca Zenovka

World of Tanks - WoT

World of Tanks is a team based, MMORPG (due to experience, leveling towards newer tanks, and money system along with consumables and such)

Currently looking at 15v15 combat, soon to be increased to larger battles of about 30v30

To get a key, register at this website and use this link to get a beta key.
/>http://contest.mmosite.com/giveaway/world_of_tanks/

1. Starting out - you will be given two tanks the Leichtraktor and the MS-1 but of them such, and chance are you will die lots. Don't go in with a mindset of thinking you will faceroll because other tanks are in your tier at this point. Earning experience is limited to use on THAT tank, to advance in the nations tank lines. Earning money is slow at this point so it is advised to use your 150 gold that you receive once per day to exchange into "Credits" so you can buy your next tank (LOOK AT THE TECH TREE, SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO GET, PLAN AHEAD!)

2. Nations - really doesn't matter what you choose. Though each is major differences so check each look into stuff see what you want.

3. Classes - There is a majority of classes, Light Tanks which serve as scouts, Medium tanks which serve as semi-scout semi-flankers, Heavies are the up front in your face destroyers slow, and powerful, SPGs are good at range but vulnerable to lights, Tank Destroyers are good at range against heavies, mediums and lights, but are vulnerable to SPGs.

Playing as SPG

You will want to set yourself back, somewhere near allies though so they can properly defend you and pray they notice that light charging at you for an easy kill.

Playing as TD

Use bushes, hide near areas you know the direction in which enemies will come from.

Playing as Light

Stay within radio range of atleast one ally that can transmit to another one so your allies know where the enemy is and keep moving, your speed is your life.

Playing as Medium

Much like light only you can fight back against lights, mediums, and some heavies provided you get behind them or aim at the turret.

Playing as Heavy

Use buildings, terrain, bushes as cover to prevent artillery from hitting you and beware of TDs that are off in the distance you may not see them but they can see you as they are surely using bushes to avoid being sighted.

4. Battles - It's essentially "capture the base" or "destroy all enemies" your minimap in the bottom right will be essential if you are a SPG (which you shouldn't be yet, as you probably haven't done about 5 battles yet.)

5. Platoons - currently can only be made by someone with premium which is myself and Firefox currently. They are units of 3 people max. They are put onto the same side much like MW2's matchmaking with friends.

6. Reticle - You see that red crosshair when you point at an enemy? That states "You will not/have a low chance of penetrating this tanks armor" yellow states moderate, and green means high chance of penetration.

7. Attempt to save your gold if you can for premium, if you save your money and use it wisely you shouldn't have to exchange the gold into credits. Premium is about 200gold per day.

By this point you should know most of the basics, research is linear go for engines first as lights to get out there faster and then treads, followed by guns down to your next class. You earn credits for discovering enemies as a light, destroying, damaging, and assisting capture bases.

Note : I will probably be editing this guide more and assisting people getting used to it if need be. I have been playing since phase 1 so :U

List of current players by name - username

Williamca Zenovka - Williamca

Firefox Breed - Firefox

Mokosh Pawpad - Zombi, Zombimutt

Sherdan Kinomis - VaiTyran

Intus Infinity - infinituslacuna

Ron Bleac - TheBleak

Trinity Heckroth - Trinity_Heckroth

Desereck Creeggan - Desereck

Edited by Williamca Zenovka

I managed to get this, i have tier 2 and 3 tanks (light/td/spg)

I also spotted someone named 'snowmew' ................

I messed up my gold supply in ignorance like 10 minutes after starting the game :whatever:

I still have enough left to extend the premium by a day though.

Whats the bonus of training up your men, i haven't noticed a lot of difference between 50 or 75% training.

I had a hetzer but that sucked, far to slow to really do anything so i went back to the one before that. Everyone seems to only need 1 round to kill me, yet i need 3 or more hits with anything to kill them.

Arty is becoming more useless as people seem to rush for you in light tanks right from the start yet people yell 'OP' all the time, even though it takes 3 direct hits to take out a medium tank. But then again, i have the tier2 german arty.

Other then that i have 2 light tanks of which 1 is aced atm and the 2nd is going for the 4k xp radio after which that will be aced.

What i was wondering is if aiming by hand is better then letting the AI shoot.

Des - The research is in a tiered setup. You start out getting your basic tanks and stuff, and add points into those tanks on their specific tree. Once they're researched, you can go and buy them from your equipment slots under the image of your tank. Usually there's a bit of a pre-requisite before you can upgrade to the next line of tank.

Ex: I'm going for the USSR Heavy Tanks. So i had to go for T-26's and move down to T-46's and so-on. But i had to get the upgraded gun and some other shit in order to unlock the column for T-46 research.

I've had a personal liking for the old World-War era Soviet Tanks, along with my Dad. (He's an old M60 Tank crewman.) We always loved how dirt-simple they were. Seriously, the interior of a T-34 is nearly empty. It barely has seats.

My username is infinituslacuna, currently rolling in a fully upgraded tier 4 A-20 LT. I'm usually a scout in tier 8-10 matches (because of the horrible lack of T-44 scouts at that level). My current 7.62 cm gun is able to penetrate a Panzer VII Maus at 200 m away.

Des: The best tactic for the light / paper thin stuff is to either outrun the target (If your Turret can swivel really quickly, you can actually run circles around shit and keep a bead on 'em. I've seen it happen.) Either that or to flank around things and use bushes and trees to hide and pick things off. Head-on charges usually lead to asspoundings.

Artillery is AMAZING, Although once you get into your second one you are thrown into "High Tier" battles you feel useless but honestly you aren't. You can still assist in taking out treads of moving tanks easily for larger artillery to essentially mess them up. While in larger tiers, you also get more people who actually know how to protect you! I had a IS-4 defending me whilst I sniped enemies, he would move to the side the enemy was coming from to protect me from shells.