Clicky

Williamca Zenovka

World of Tanks - WoT

I fucked people up with artillery. I'm tired of getting pwned by these tier one tanks in my tier two/fully upgraded, so I'm going to go into the super heavy artillery now.

I got four artillery kills on my first go in the tier 1 USSR artillery.

Not sure what to go in for the higher tiers though, some of the german artillery looks beast. Since I have...several thousand XP points in my other tanks, I'm going to start transferring XP to whichever artillery tree I want to expand into.

For Artillery: Which one's are the most accurate/fastest reloading/fastest aiming?

That's the thing with the old Self-propelled Artillery from the WWII era. The gun itself doesn't move very much at all. In order to traverse a cannon on it, the entire tank itself needs to move. So i would likely assume that any of the Self-proppeled stuff with faster turn rates and speeds would be preferably handy.

Also, I haven't noticed much of a difference in the reload speeds between cannons. Probably because those rely entirely on a Loader, so i'd say that bumping those skills up from the Crew's side would help.

That's the -somewhat- tradeoff between the USSR and German armor. The German stuff is very heavily armored, with average firepower. The USSR's stuff have great guns on 'em, but they're basically made of paper until you begin to get into the higher Medium and Heavy Tanks.

>_> Seriously, i get outlasted by Enemy Panzer III's simply because their rear armor fuckin' competes with my entire tank. 15mm's of plate is nothing.

Hit a tier V T-34 two nights ago. A tier VI T-34-85 will probably take a while :< It'd be nice if the daily allowance of 150 gold would be increased. 150 gold at an exchange of 400 credits means only 60000 credits. That's not very much considering tier VII tanks cost in the 1000000 range. Although I have noticed that in good rounds I can rake up 15000 a victory match.

Well that stopped being fun almost as fast as WoW, must be in the similar abbreviation.

It keeps dumping my little tier 3 panzer in with tier 6 and up, havnt had a kill in like 20 rounds now and my 70ish rounds keep depleting each round before I have to give up.

No clue why it does that.

Did this for me too, I think the matching system is broken.

I can say they put my T-34 in a mixed bag now, I'll get put into matches where I'm at or near the top of the list, some matches where I'm in the middle, or some at the bottom.

Yeah, that does get very annoying at times. But it also gives an example of a thought: When, in any war-time situation involving armor, has there been a battle that was entirely balanced?

The system mixes it up most likely to give that sort of feeling. So one match you'll be the head honcho and steamroll, and the other you'll have to hide and use shoot-n-move sniper tactics to survive.

I actually managed to get some last-man-standing moments with me and my T-28 against a team with 2+ Tigers and Tiger II's and Artillery. Just takes planning.

Also, i've learned a bit of a trick. AP rounds from smaller guns don't punch through heavy tanks at all. So the other option is the HE ammo. It doesn't penetrate as well, but instead it's capable of knocking the tracks off of mostly any tank. Hence why Artillery gunners use it alot, because a direct Arty hit with HE's will demolish both tracks with no hassles.

he system mixes it up most likely to give that sort of feeling. So one match you'll be the head honcho and steamroll, and the other you'll have to hide and use shoot-n-move sniper tactics to survive

You're wrong. A tier 2 tank up against tier 5+ will do absolutely... nothing. It's like trying to use a Wespe on a JagdTiger... the shells just ricochet off. Even if you do damage, it's going to be 1-2% tops.

When, in any war-time situation involving armor, has there been a battle that was entirely balanced?

By that philosophy, I should be able to be in a Maus up against MS-1s and L.Traktors. All of them vs me. There still has to be balance or people playing APB would absolutely love getting put up against a R900 player or a L.Traktor against a JagdTiger.

I'm in a T-28. All of its parts are upgraded to max, and i'm currently working on points for the KV. I scare the crap out of the Heavies because they don't expect my dinky little Medium to be able to punch through their armor (But i totally do.)

I figured out that my best tactic is to play conservatively. 99.9% of my bumrush attempts and charges have lead to epic failz with no kills. But when i hang back behind the main force's push and snipe from the bushes and trees, the team just wins.

Unless it's this Past Thursday, when me and some other random Medium tank boxed in a Tiger II and i got the kill. THAT was fun.

Playing as WerWulf Running a KV-3 soon as I decide wether or not I want to sell my T-28 or my KV and will prolly drop the 2500 for a month of premium on wedsday

Run the T-28 on Elite Status and transfer the EXP into the KV-3. Sell the KV. The T-28 can put the 85mm Gun on it, and it's capable of punching through nearly any tank up to about Tier 7, as long as you know where to hit it and where to not get manhandled by Artillery.