Clicky

Jayce Iredell

Computer Support: Questions Help & More

Suggestion.

Save up for better parts.

Skip some parts now and get the at a later date. Such as blue ray player. I can pick one up locally for about 15 usd

Any salvageable parts such as fans drives etc think about moving them over to your new build. Saves you some money. For better parts and you can replace the transfers parts when you save up. Video card is a good thing to think about and the current drives.

If not going to do any of the above. Pinch pennies. Less silly spending and save as much money for the build. Cheap parts means you may end up getting outdated in a couple of years or less among other problems

Also you are planning on sli. You don't want to use a psu that meets the cards minimum you need at least 50 wats or more for the other various parts. Fans/lights/mobo etc etc require a peice of the 750 the cards need. This is dependant on the cards you are using as some require at least 1100+.

Just some thoughts. And my own personal experience with cheap parts and "off brand" companies.

Hunter

a.) I need a new desktop

b.) This rig is already configured for SLI

c.) I am not going to spend more than what is budgeted, as I have stated.

d.) I am salvaging parts from my old computer, which are keyboard, mouse, monitor, and speakers.

e.) I am using over 150 watts more than what is needed, and it is SLI certified.

Yes, but it felt like you completely ignored what I said when you said "save up for better parts," and ignored anything I didn't list as salvagable.

Do keep in mind, my current desktop has AGP technology, and it's about 8 years old right now. Not much can be salvaged except for the monitor and anything connected through the USB ports.

Edited by SalemAdams Wobbit

OK, APPARENTLY, these days they don't really sell the top mounted power supply cases. I've been looking over them for myself, my case is almost 10 years old now, the button's sticking, the fans are all 80mm and have like 6 of them. So I think I've decided on a Corsair Carbide Series 500R

I also need to get a new headset in the near future, but I'll post my own thread for that.

So my Logitech H555 has been gradually falling apart for a few months now, it's still a good headset, but I plan to replace it in the near future.

I've been looking at a few, but I've not really decided what I want, maybe the G330?

Below though is what I'm looking for in a new headset.

• Logitech (preferred)
  • Volume control on cord (not needed, but nice)
  • Would like a wireless option
  • If wireless, it needs to be rechargeable and/or have plugin capability.
  • Preferred 3.5mm primary with a possible 3.5 > USB option.
  • Wrap around the head design.

(Feel free to use this thread for any future input on headphone/headset devices)

I had the G330 for a month or two before I managed to break it. I loved it while I had it. And it breaking wasn't because it's fragile or anything, I just really goofed and I think... tripped on the cord or something and yanked it pretty good. I'd definitely recommend it for a cheap, but still quality headset. It was very comfortable as well, and sounded pretty good.

Turtle Beach Earforce Z6A, affordable, 5.1 surround sound headphones that use a 3.5mm jack with a splitter to leave your 5.1 surround speakers connected at the same time, built in amplifier and volume control on the cable, quick disconnect on the cable just beneath the headphone to prevent snagging or standing up and yanking it. Mic mute, etc, flexible mic, all the bells and whistles, very comfortable with noise cancelling and mic monitor. Crisp audio quality and beefy subwoofer.

I know this is probably not what you are looking for. But I went with a Logitech G930... Never going to get less than surround sound headsets...

/>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104399

Wired version
/>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104281

Edited by Hunter Abrams

Guest Afevis

My current headset's sorta kinda broken, I've used electrical tape and hot glue to hold it together.

Since the Fatal1ty MKII is now discontinued, I need to find a new headset to get. Any recommendations?

(Price should be kept under 200 plz.)