Clicky

Arch Graves

AN2 Shout Out.

Alliance Navy Information Release

Tethys

09202006 2127SLT

It has come to my attention that people are unaware of the recent events surrounding Timmahy Widget's departure from the AN, her subsequent welcome, and her eventual addition to the KoS list. It has also come to my attention that people have been having issues with receiving notices in the group. This information release will address these matters.

Timmahy Widget left the AN with a bitter tongue, without warning, accusing each and every one of you for being a griefer, stating we are a group which does nothing but attack others at random and hide in a limited-access garage. In a small part, these accusations had merit. Notice we no longer have areas of our base marked as safe land. Timmahy later agreed to meet with High Command to air out her grievances, hopefully so we could come to a solution. What we received was a flurry of insults and accusations, by someone with a highly bitter attitude and an obvious wish to see the AN brought low. She then attempted to drive a wedge between the High Command, nearly convincing our 2IC, Admiral Jared Zander, to leave. As you can see, he did not, and chose to remain standing with us. Timmahy Widget's accusations continued, and she carried on her moral crusade until she finally admitted she was using chat bugs on our conversations prior to this event.

That's right, folks. You were all called griefers and pawns by someone who admitted to breaking Second Life's TOS so she could eavesdrop on your conversations without your knowledge.

We looked past this, and continued to invite her on our base after the meeting, having made one concession: she was a welcome developer assisting Admiral Zander with a vital project towards the AN. He trusted her, and to an extent we were willing to do the same. It was after this event that one of our own discovered a member of the MDF, handing out "AN flightsuits" in Venuma North. One of these suits was procured and found to have the same textures as ours, supplied by Karen Fielding. Our questions were answered, however, when the creator name on the suit was checked: Timmahy Widget.

The most recent transgressions came when one of our Marines produced screenshot evidence of Timmahy using a script to produce a prim copy of a Mk.III wristcomp. High Command was immediately sent in to see what was taking place, then got ejected for questioning her motives. Because of this recent incident, and in light of her previous actions, Timmahy Widget is Kill-On-Sight on AN land.

Admiral Nanao Mahfouz

A-2, Alliance Navy

Fight as Many; Work as One.

Timeline

2014 ? The UN is disbanded.

2016 ? EU and US go to war. The world polarizes.

2020 ? World War 3 ends with a limited nuclear exchange. The world is at nominal peace, but shattered

2022 ? Balkanization of the world reaches its peak. Over 370 individual countries, some no larger than a city-state, are formed.

2025 ? Large Multinational corporations (most safe in orbital HQs) begin to step back onto the stage. They reform larger governments, but are sure to keep control of things. Governments have no choice, when faced with corporate strength. Covertly, governments begin talks on a method of breaking the yoke of he orbitals. Details of thisalliance are kept sketchy, lest the consperitors be ?neutralized? via orbital weapon.

2027 ? The first fleet ship of the newly dubbed Alliance Navy, the ANS Freedom is launched in secret. It manages to reach the surface of Luna and return undetected. The Alliance Navy project kicks into high gear, governments spending what little they have on ships, weapons, and underground training.

2029 ? The Orbitals finally find out the full scope of the project, and launch a full scale attck on earth, using bioweapons? millions die, but the Alliance Navy is able to launch with few casualities. Their forces proceed to Mars, long a corporate stronghold, and lay siege to it. In a matter of days, all the Martian facilities, including mining facilities and genetics, are in the hands of the Alliance Navy. On earth the governments that supported the project fall entirely, and Terra is divvied up between orbital business concerns.

2033 ? The Alliance, having made great strides in all areas of technology, prepares to return to Earth. However,saboteurs within its ranks strike as the fleet readies, destroying a large portion of the Fleet and killing most Fleet personnel. Alliance decides on more careful approach, as Fleet rebuilds.

To: All AN members

Date: October 27th, 2006

Subject: list of AN members in other military organisations

My fellow AN members,

The following list consists of members currently (Oct.27th'06) in the Alliance Navy and in other military organisations as well.

As declared, as of November 2nd, it's not longer allowed for members of the Alliance Navy to be a member of other military organisations.

Exceptions to this rule are made for (semi-) military Sci-Fi groups, Samurai-, Furry-, and Gorean- combat groups and explicit roleplay military organisations. However, if such a group would attack AN-members or premises in the future, they will ofcourse be added to the list.

Included in the list of groups not-allowed, are armies, mercenary groups, assassination groups, random groups of soldiers and the known organisations such as the Merczateers, Ordo and ATF.

If you feel you shouldn't be listed here, please contact me in time to prevent your ejection at November 2nd.

Appeals to this list can be made *only by notecard*, send to me personally with a message in (offline-) IM informing me of sending me that notecard.

ARCONOS KILLIAN NOVUS ORDO IMPERIALIS, STURM KORPS, THE C.R.

AVIL CREEGGAN IMPERIAL NAVAL LEGIONS, TEH PAI ARMY, DEFENDERS OF OBLIVION

CHOMAN BRISSOT SECOND LIFE MERCENARIES

CIRIUS MONTALE ATF, U.S. ARMY TASK FORCE

DON GERSTORT THE BLACK DRAGON MILITARY

ERYAN PACER U.S.ARMY, DVAS ASSASSIN SQUAD, SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE

HARLEQUIN SALOME MERCZATEERS

KARESS CALLISTO THE ORDO HERETICUS

KENO PONTOPPIDAN NOVUS ORDO IMPERIALIS, ETC

MEZIK MENG NOVUS ORDO IMPERIALIS, ETC

MIKAEL KHALAMOV BRING BACK SIRUS PLUNKETT

NANAO MAHFOUZ MERCZATEERS

NAUGHTYDOG POPPY UMBRELLA MERCENARIES

RAIKO DYDEN NOVUS ORDO IMPERIALIS, ETC

RET RATNER ARGUS UNION MOBILE INFANTRY

SERA OTORO MERCZATEERS, U.S. BLACK OPS

SHADE GANTENBEIN ARGUS MERCNARIES AND SPIES, NOVUS ORDO IMPERIALIS, ETC, SAND KUNAI, SOVIET, ETC, Z.I.

STEFAN MARQUEZ STURM-KORPS

TIEZEMAN KIPLING MERCZATEERS

TRISSY SHIKAMI TEH PAI ARMY

WWUM KUKULCAN ASSASSINS OF THE KATANA

With kind regards,

Jordan Witherspoon

Alliance Navy JAG

BRUNO

As one of the leaders of an unofficial group known as Sparta, i find it necessary to reveal some truths to you people:

The Alliance Navy- what is it? is it really the virtous group that it says it is, or is it a group that only seeks to bully those who oppose its rule? When doing a search on the AN, it is found that the AN says it has beaten many other military groups. Yet, why does it not say WHO it has beaten? Are they afraid thta people will find out that *gasp* the AN are nothing more than a bunch of liars?

Go to www.secondlifeherald.com and search for "alliance navy." read both articles. In the first article, the AN says that it has beaten such groups as the Mandalorians. However, When i contacted one of the Mandalorians leaders, they said that the AN was "B.S.ing" You might say that the Mandalorians are liars. but who is to say that the AN themselves are infallible? what makes the AN so damn perfect, so much better than everybody else?

During my infiltration of a group called the Army Task Force, I was in a group chat, talkin about upcoming training, when i mentioned that i was building a new ship, complete with guided missiles, auto-turrets, etc. Much to my surprise, one member said "dude, the AN doesn't allow thta kind of thing" WHAT?! And even more surprising, i fond that the AN was going to be instructing the trainees! Since when does the AN control other groups? I never even knew about the joining of the ATF and the AN until that moment, and i had been in the ATF for about two weeks. When i teleported over to the training area, i found Harlequin Salome harassing my General, the supreme commander of the ATF! I was VERY close to whipping out a rocket and blasting Harlequin to oblivion for attacking my commander for every little thing he did wrong. Now, unlike Harlequin, my commander, Martin Cord, has something that i like to call a LIFE! as in, a real world where he can;t always get things done from day one! And the AN expects the ATF to follow every comand of the AN! since when does the AN have the right to think for us? the AN are not gods, they are not all-knowing. I dont pay money to Linden Labs every month just to be pushed around by some hack in a stylish suit.

Now, don't get me wrong about Martin Cord, the ATF's general, i think he is a good guy, but he just had a small lack in judgement about who should train his troops. In my view, a true leader trains his own troops, and does not allow others to train them, because this will cause the trainees to have the same strengths and weaknesses as the group training. A group must be allowed to think for itself. Did you join this group because you thought it was going to be a fun group? The AN doesnt like "fun," it sees that as an idea to squash, and it sees bullying as fun. Once human beings get a taste of control, they naturally thirst for more. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and the AN controls its allies like pawns. Are YOU a pawn to the AN?

I say pushed around by Harlequin, because about 10 minutes into *snickers* TRAINING, the AN finally mentioned my shields and automatically accused me of being a griefer. I defended myself as such:

Griefers are those who attack civilians. Nongriefers, such as the soldiers of Sparta, only attack other military groups, primarily, the AN and its allies. Yes, Sparta DOES use shields and other such technology deemed "griefer weapons" by the AN. Again, WHY should we let the AN define the rules of war? because shields and such are "unfair?" what is "unfair?" I think it is the AN, forcing those "allied" i.e. under the control of it, to think and act as the AN do. the allies of Sparta are NEVER restricted in this manner! there is ALWAYS room for improvement, but the AN squashes these ideas. Using shields and other advanced scripted technology simply provides strategical opportunities!

If I were to go and attack the AN base right now, without shields, I would be slaughtered. I would have accomplished NOTHING! But, with shields, i could at least stay around long enough to deal some serious damage! But, the AN doesn't like this, they want to "play by the rules." AN, you morons, you are a military group, in a combat sim, in a VIRTUAL world! there is no "fair or unfair." In Spartas view, SL wars are Darwinism. The stringest survive an dominate. But this is where the AN falters. They use wepaons that can't penetrate our shields, and they whine and complain if anybody tries to "grief" them. However, if another group were to play by the rules of the AN (only God knows why, however), that group would have a better chance of losing rather than winning, because the AN has been around long enough that it, admittedly, does know some tactics.

Now, don't get me wrong about Martin Cord, the ATF's general, i think he is a good guy, but he just had a small lack in judgement about who should train his troops. In my view, a true leader trains his own troops, and does not allow others to train them, because this will cause the trainees to have the same strengths and weaknesses as the group training. A group must be allowed to think for itself. Did you join this group because you thought it was going to be a fun group? The AN doesnt like "fun," it sees that as an idea to squash, and it sees bullying as fun. Once human beings get a taste of control, they naturally thirst for more. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and the AN controls its allies like pawns. Are YOU a pawn to the AN?

The AN was once also a sandbox peace-keeping group, and, to my thoughts, were more powerful then, rather then now. the AN have grown lazy and ignorant in their old age. Sparta is dedicated to using every single weapon we can that will give us an edge. It is one of the only ways to defeat the overbearing AN.

The other way to bring down the AN is through numbers of enemies. In this, Sparta has already succeeded, for we have gathered allies, all who hate the AN and see it and its allies for the bullies they are. Sparta has also infiltrated the AN and its allies. Our spies have allowed us to gather every scrap of information on the AN and its allies. How many of the enemy are under Spartas control? about 1/3. think about that. do some math.

When you are an ally of the AN, you follow their rules. I was told at the training that the AN had been attacked by the Meczateers and had defeated them. The Merczateers are now the AN's allies. So is Novus Ordo Imperialis. guess where they came from? The Venuma Coaltion, and a traitor inside that group called many of its members to side w/ the AN. Why? because the leader of the NOI is a wuss and didnt like being beaten up by the AN. It is much better to go down fighting, then go and join up with the guy that just gave you a black eye. Instead of allying w/ the AN, the rogue leader could have worn his "black eye" with pride, and then thought of a way to bring down the AN. isnt that the point of war? to win? i thought so.

When the Spartans of ancient greece were driving out the Persian Army, (which they eventually succeeded in doing) there came a battle when a group of Spartans saw that they would not likely win. however, as is the Spartan way, it is better to die honorably and not run like a coward. When the general of the advancing Persian army ordered the Spartans to lay down their weapons, the Spartans replied as one: "Come take them!" To the AN who say "take off your shields and play by our rules," I and all of Sparta echo the words of the Spartans of ancient greece: "Make Me!"

In response to: 􀀁

Dear Sparta,

I'm writing this in response to the letter above. What you are about to see is a logical, and well thought-out shredding of everything you said in your letter. First off, I doubt you will actually read this, because you're too busy shoving your heads up your collective asses. However, I'll do this anyway in the event that one of you wises up and realises that there are two sides to this.

(all quotes are directly copy and pasted from your letter)

Now to begin. First off, you say that you are going to "reveal some truths" to us. After reading your letter, I can safely say that you did no such thing. This is based on everything you're about to read.

To start off, you talk about how the AN is a group of liars. You say, that after contacting the Mandalorians, who we have beated, you said: "However, When i contacted one of the Mandalorians leaders, they said that the AN was "B.S.ing"". This is because you contacted the leader of the *real* Mandalorian group. The one we fought almost a year ago was a group lead by Scott Faddoul, who had full perms on the Dazzo's Mandalorian armor by accident.

The Mandalorians are not lieing, but you contacted the wrong group. "but who is to say that the AN themselves are infallible?" We never once claimed that we are always right, just much smarter than you. Judging by the multiple errors (in both spelling and facts), this is true.

"what makes the AN so damn perfect," We never claim to be perfect. We do, however, claim to be miles better than your non-existant group. This is a fact, and not an oppinion, for several reasons:

1. We have existed for 1 and a half years.

2. We actually have a group.

3. We have people in our group.

4. Our soldiers are well trained and effective, having beaten numerous enemies without the aid of shields and autokiller weapons, as you use.

"Much to my surprise, one member said "dude, the AN doesn't allow thta kind of thing" WHAT?! " The AN does not discourage other groups from building ships. However, most ships we see happen to be large boxes with no detail, poor texturing, and offend those of us who can build so much that we blow them out of the sky.

"i fond that the AN was going to be instructing the trainees! Since when does the AN control other groups?" First off, you spelt "found" wrong. F-o-u-n-d. Second, we were hired by Martin Cord to train his troops. He personally messaged Harlequin requesting training. Not to mention that we are the only group in SL to have effective training; that is, not just 10 minutes of shooting at a target and then graduating them. When you arrived, you "found Harlequin Salome harassing my General". Good job on spelling found right this time, but there are several things wrong with this. First, Harlequin was instructing Martin, not harassing. If you make as mistake, are the instructors supposed to pat you on the back and give you a cupcake? Second, you claimed he was your general, when earlier you wrote "During my infiltration of a group called the Army Task Force". Humpf.

"has something that i like to call a LIFE!" Harlequin is married. He has a life. By the way you act, you probably live in your mothers basement, and have the education of a sixth grader.

"don't get me wrong about Martin Cord, the ATF's general, i think he is a good guy," Then why were you infiltrating his group??

"The AN doesnt like "fun," it sees that as an idea to squash, and it sees bullying as fun." We only "bully" idiots like you, and it can't even be called that. We merely show you how insanely stupid you are by using a logical thought process. No doubt you will deme this as bullying.

"Are YOU a pawn to the AN?" No, but I follow something called a *chain of command*, and essential component in the function of any military organization.

"But, with shields, i could at least stay around long enough to deal some serious damage!" Yes, that is why as soon as you stepped onto unsafe with a shield you were mowed down. We havent lost a single man in any Spartan attacks.

"because the AN has been around long enough that it, admittedly, does know some tactics. " More than a few, and instead of learning these tactics yourself you resort to shields. And even at that, you fail.

You repeated the "don't get me wrong about Martin Cord" paragraph twice.

"the AN have grown lazy and ignorant in their old age." Yes, that is why we consistently kick the asses of any group that tries to take us down. According to you, lazyness is a winning quality.

"How many of the enemy are under Spartas control? about 1/3. think about that. do some math." Didn't you claim that the AN controls *its* allies earlier? ""allied" i.e. under the control of it," Yeah, you did. Anyway, how am I supposed to do math if you dont give me vital components to the problem:

1. How many total AN enemies are there; I can't figure out how many 1/3 of them is unless I know the total.

2. How many members are in the groups.

Once you give me this data, then I'll consider this a valid statement

"When you are an ally of the AN, you follow their rules." I can't remember the last time the Merczateers or Ordo followed our "rules"

"NOI is a wuss and didnt like being beaten up by the AN." No, they realized that it is smarter to march alongside the best, than to be mowed down by their assault rifles.

"the rogue leader could have worn his "black eye" with pride," You should be proud, you've got more "black eyes" than you have orphuses on your body.

"When the Spartans of ancient greece" You arent the Spartan's in Ancient Greece. As you said yourself earlier, this is a virtual world. Real Spartans are raised from birth to be soldiers. You are playing a video game.

""Make Me!"" We will.

~Mazer

DO NOT TELL NANAO ABOUT THIS! IF YOU DO, I KEEL YOU!!!!!! PLEASE READ THE WHOLE INVITATION! :)

Tomorrow, August 10th 2006, is Nanao Mahfouz's birthday. To celebrate, all AN members are invited to join in an undercover operation in Plush Tau sim, at Club Mercury. (Landmark at the bottom of the page)

The objective:

To make sure Admiral Mahfouz has a very happy birthday.

Your mission should you choose to accept it: Arrive at Club Mercury at 18:00 SLT (6:00pm), dressed down and ready for a good time! At around 18:10 SLT, the guest of honor will be arriving. We have the dj until 21:00 (9:00pm), so even if you have to come late, come on by!

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT invite him over early, we have a plan. Don't discuss this party in public chat or AN chat. This is a surprise. (The first rule of party club, is don't talk about party club... >.>)

I paid for this out of my own pocket, you don't have to bring anything... just come, and enjoy a night off duty and have a great time! If you do bring a present, there's going to be a spot to put down boxes near the booze, and cake. (and pie).

Any questions? Contact Alenzia Epsilon. (NOT NANAO).

Just a few requests from the club owner and myself, who paid for this:

--All applicable AN rules do apply while at this party

--No weapons (even holstered ones)

--Try to keep scripted objects and bling to a minimum so we don't crash the sim. (it's better than tethys though, promise!)

--No uniforms! It's a party, let your hair down!

--No drama. If you have an issue, take it outside the sim.

--No hassling the DJ. (Not that I think any of you would, but her profile does suggest she might be into Gor or BDSM, so please be careful what you say about that - I paid up front and don't wanna end up hurting anyones feelings, or my wallet. o.o )

Beyond that? Lets just go have a great night off-duty, and relax! See you there!

--Zia---

Alliance: a connection based on kinship, marriage, or common interest.

We are more than soldiers. More than friends. We are a family - bound by our sworn oath to uphold all that is right, and just in the metaverse and beyond. I am proud to call you my brothers and sisters - and even prouder to be a leader within this group. You are an outstanding group of extraordinary people whom I feel priveledged to have met. Every last one of you has taught me something, and for that I am forever grateful.

Sometimes, things get rough within a family. Our beloved and trusted friends and "siblings" drift away, they divorce themselves from the family. But this does not affect the strength of the family itself. While this is an alliance of likeminded people, the Alliance Navy is more than that. The sum of our efforts, our loyalty, our sense of honor and duty, all amount to more than what we would be alone. When we are united, we are strong.

Someone once said "Reputation is what others know about you - Honor is what you know about yourself". This is something we must all remember in these troubled times. When the mudslinging begins, when our names are dragged through the dirt - when all seems lost - look inside yourselves. We are honorable - we do what is right, or try to. We may never be loved by all, but deep down, we know the truth. We have helped to make the metaverse a better place.

Remember. You are never alone - we are united in our alliance, as kin. When you let petty comments, and trite remarks - poorly concealed barbs at best - get under your skin, you are only doing what those that would see us fall want to do. Every group goes through periods when the chaff falls away, and we are left stronger for it - free of the dead weight, and left with what can only be described as simply the best.

When AN2 was formed.