Clicky

Ethan Schuman

Ordo Meeting - 23OCT10

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics:

Members: 312

Cadets: 2

Applications

New: 18

Accepted: 1

Denied: 10

Review: 7

Combat

Defensive: 88

Offensive: 15

Allied Assist: 1

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: (Kalas, you were literally the only person accepted this week.)

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic stuff . . let’s seeee . . IS meeting occurred earlier. I was not present. Seems Zagan has blockaded CS due to disrespect from CS. Merczateers want to do some promo videos with us and Zagan for the Symphony. Aaannnd Zagan is focusing on building an effective airforce to come play with us.

[18:02] Mercury: New contact: BurrWolf Qin

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Oh yes-- some major EE stuff as well, but we'll cover that in main portion.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein raises his hand for Terra.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Wolfstein?

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein: Missing one report this evening.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Teron for Antesignani: Squad present for raids and defensive ops, usual training conducted as well as a joint Cohors-A operation this week. Nothing major to report, no new developments.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Zanndor for Invictus: Pretty slow going week. Last week I announced that we had three [3] open spots in the squad. That is still true and there be more opening in the future. But for now if you have an interest in joining the squad please IM me (zanndor Aeon) or Eriksson. If you've already expressed your interest please do so again, thanks. A note to all current Invictus, please be very active this week. We'll be going on a lot more raids. I promised that last week but I got caught up in stuff. So we're going to make up for lost time. Thanks.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Typhon for Cohors B: Things look up all in all from what can be seen. B-1 and B-2 are growing in activintty and with a new addition to B-3 that shows to be chancing soon as well. Century meetings are having somewhat of a good turn out all in all, as well as practice sesssions. There are still concernes about some inactives that haven't been around in a couple of months to be moved to Cohors C. This ends my report summary.

[18:04] SoulBinder Wolfstein: These conclude the reports from Terra.

[18:04] Mercury: Lost contact: Tsukiyomi Yuhara

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Next?

[18:04] Ethan Schuman raises his Lurdburger cap in the air for Astra.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman?

[18:04] Ethan Schuman: This week has been rather uneventful for Astra. However, we have begun bridging to the Merczateers in hope of joint air force revival. A dogfight event was held, and much fun was had by all (especially when a group of attackers showed up and we ran to the line with rifles to scare them away). In addition to that, Foxmerc and I are going to be collaborating on aircraft design... after this meeting, maybe? Hopefully, we'll come up with some new tactics and ideas, but we're probably just going to wind up flying around shooting each other as we fly each other's planes. Zagan Empire is also showing a lot of promise, so we'll definitely be pursuing combat relations with them. Other than that, things have been pretty much routine. Drasamax has been holding training sessions this week, and will be hosting another stress test tomorrow I believe. School and real life commitments have made a dent in our activity levels, so we might have some more fun, random events like we did on Sunday (Admonitor wars were a blast). T

[18:05] Ethan Schuman: hat's all from us for this week.

[18:05] Trinity Heckroth raises hand for an addendum

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome, thanks. Heckroth?

[18:06] Trinity Heckroth: Wulf has primmed out a concept fighter for astra that hes going to sculpt, looks really good. Also have Vincent Lucerne and Wulf building on the aerial objective with which we hope to be ebale to encopass a joint invictus/astra station.

[18:06] Trinity Heckroth: Thats it from me

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports this evening?

[18:07] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand for Tactica.

[18:07] Andriste Nesiote (Channel 1): lholster

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold.

[18:07] Corsi Mousehold: Two weeks is up and ... Good things have happened. We have reports for the big pair, CS and 2142 in the folders, BRA is being taken up by Winterz and the couple of bases that have not been finished will be getting reports done on them rather shortly! As a reminder and those that have seen it is true, Tactica is very rewarding. This team has been learning to stick together and since there isn't much more to say other than with good work by all, the Tactica board project will be finished within two weeks, and holy Paperwork Batman; I want to thank eveyone on the team for the hard work they have been doing with us for these weeks. I am really proud of this team and you've all done maginificent.

[18:08] Corsi Mousehold: And that's all from Tactica.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports this evening?

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Last call!

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving right along.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Several topics to cover this evening. Soooo ~

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Without further adieu:

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: I. Thanks for input.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: To begin with, thank you all for the strong dialog during last week’s meeting. It was a very refreshing, unusual meet—we answered a lot of questions and helped shape out some rough ideas. I will follow closely with the opinions provided on the topics while going forward with them.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: If you were not present last week and are curious with what was discussed, simply check the meeting notes from 16OCT10 on the forums. Feel free to drop your input into the thread if you wish to add your own votes or expand upon the topics discussed.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: II. Armatura.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: For several months now, an Armatura curriculum modification has been planned. As of a couple of days ago, all of the materials to make it happen were collected. A brief freeze has been put in place for Armatura classes—if you are near graduation, you may continue with the current class set. Otherwise, it’ll be a few days until the modules are in place.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: The new set up is intended to be more intensive and hands on. It will better cover topics related to the Ordo, combat, the community, and technical details.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: All in all, it will be a massive improvement to the Armatura system.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: As we discussed last week, the idea is still looming that Armatura may become a compulsory element of training. The key points to making it so . . . would be ensuring Armatura itself is more functional through manpower. Desereck Creeggan, Director of Armatura, is currently exploring ways to make as routine and functional as Schola, without stretching our manpower unreasonably.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: I am confident that we will be able to achieve a functional model, in which cadets will be able to be rapidly processed from Schola, Armatura, and into their core division.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: The intended goal is to eventually, and I stress "eventually," develop a system in which an individual applies, is accepted, goes through Schola, achieves E-1, goes through Armatura, and then is assigned to their respective division. Some modification may be made to that based on practicality-- I am still mulling whether or not it'd be better to have an individual use Armatura as their "division" until completion.

[18:18] Disembodied Hand rasies hand

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Of course, I will keep you all posted as this is developed further.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Hand?

[18:20] Disembodied Hand: IF individuals were to be armatura as their "division" until going into their squad, would anything similar be inplace for astra personel? for extended training? Or just the current flight training

[18:20] Nrom Normandy raises his hand to respond.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Normandy.

[18:21] Nrom Normandy: That is currently how the Palaestra organization is configured. Each graduate of Schola is currently placed in the training queue for Palaestra. They are considered a Trainee. They are not assigned a flight or official position in the division until they graduate from all three phases of Palaestra. Done.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Armatura is intended to be an "everyone" training system . . so we would either go with a "do X training in Astra and Armatura at same time," or "do Armatura then X training." Still mulling on what would be more effective.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: III. Development.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: A brief update on our gear stuff -- I'll give Disembodied his five minutes:

[18:24] Disembodied Hand: Well

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: He is currently still working on a Titan project. After which, we'll be moving on as planned. In addition to which, we're in the middle of relocating the main Titan store. Unfortunately, Azure has opted to drop Ratin as one of it's regions.

[18:25] Disembodied Hand coughs and assembles papers

[18:25] Disembodied Hand: The TI project is getting closer to being finished, im hoping to do it by Wed to move on to greener pastures

[18:25] Disembodied Hand: next project (if you exclude Team Rocket) i believe was power armor and or a mech, tho I have been working on astra ships in mesh (NYEH)

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia nods.

[18:26] Disembodied Hand: Other than that, I believe thats all for the immediate list.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Aye-- otherwise, we're looming close to a new mortar. As well, the Assault Pack is in beta.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions?

[18:28] Jayce Iredell raises hand.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Iredell?

[18:28] Jayce Iredell: About proper pawboots for our armor? ;-;

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: "Greener pastures."

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Getting there.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Psh~

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: IV. Protect Yourself – Report peculiarity/attempts to defame.

[18:31] Tuqiri Breen: raises hand

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: An administrative decision was made earlier to tighten up the available information on the forums. Notably, we've screened it that the member list is now invisible to non-members. This comes after some tips that folks were intending or had been snooping through to find Ordo member's instant messages with intent to harrass.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: As a general warning, please be certain to report any peculiarity-- if you're approached randomly in regards to the Ordo Imperialis outside of SL or on SL even, document the event and provide it to an officer. You're highly encouraged not to feed folks who're obviously just trying to be a nuisance: don't bother replying or give any inclination of interest.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Over the last week or so, several officers--myself included--have received attempted harassment from a couple sources who are largely unrelated to the military community. These folks were previously associated on the teen grid with the group "Black Talon." At this point, Black Talon is not a solvent group nor anything recognizeable-- just a mish mash of former members on the main grid touting their namesake around while attempting to troll.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Among their antics includes a terribly written psychoanalysis of me, and a list of baseless claims . . that, well, really there's no evidence or inclination of truth to. In short, it was a bad attempt to spook me.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: They did, however, include in their psychoanalysis that I attend conventions with other Ordo members.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Which proved to be the only thing they got right. Also, they noted that I regularly cheat on my wife.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Except. I don't have a wife.

[18:39] Trinity Heckroth: Yet.

[18:39] Trinity Heckroth: OH

[18:39] Keller Teichmann: ...

[18:39] Keller Teichmann: >:[

[18:39] Tsukiyomi Yuhara shouts: D:

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: . . yeah, sooo.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: So, in short: just be vigilant and don't make yourself into a victim. It's a very small band of folks-- Copper Shelter being the primary individual-- who are largely harmless outside of having a lot of free time.

[18:40] Mercury: Lost contact: Hollowmengitus Yifu

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: (The name changes regularly, as Copper Shelter is a banned avatar.)

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: By "don't make yourself into a victim," I mean ignore the teenage punks if they try to troll ya'. You don't have to defend yourself or the Ordo. That's their fun, is attempting to get a rise out of you. :]

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:42] Tuqiri Breen: Raises hand

[18:42] Ethan Schuman: (If you want to have a REALLY good laugh, every time they send you an IM, just respond with "?"

[18:42] zanndor Aeon: ?

[18:42] Ethan Schuman: (That's the spirit)

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Breen?

[18:43] Tuqiri Breen: Aren't teenagers banned from main grid?

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Yes.

[18:43] Disembodied Hand raises hand on that

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Thus why their account names change regularly.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: It's very easy to circumvent LL's security. As it sucks.

[18:43] zanndor Aeon: (For the time being)

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Hand?

[18:43] Disembodied Hand: Teen Grid is merging.

[18:43] Tuqiri Breen: Hasn't SL banned there HD ID?

[18:44] Acheron Gloom: You can easily change and spoof HD ID and Mac Address. Also IP Address.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Correct.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Movin' on.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: V. Big news: acquisition of Aedes.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: . . funnily enough, one of the folks who hangs out with the aformentioned trolls also owns the region Aedes (one of EE's sims). Except he can no longer afford it and is offloading it to Steeltael Lykin.

[18:47] Vash Ghostaltar: Hi5!

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Steeltael Lykin will be maintaining the region for Exilion until they've shifted appropriately, in order to ensure their security and soverignty as a military.

[18:47] Jake Stoanes: Viva los Aedes Dome

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions?

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia shuffles his papers.

[18:49] Tsume Xiao scripts a pile of papers that makes a shuffling noise for Aryte

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: .. hah.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Other then that, business as usual. It's been a decent week. I've a heap of junk to get to, including to moving the TI store. So don't mind me if I run around and are spacey tonight. I will be finishing up promotions as well. Feel free to drop me any extra you have.

[18:52] Jayce Iredell raises hand...

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Oootherwise, raid this evening .. hmm, I'll have to say "tag" and have another officer or NCO to take up that mantle. I need to, well, move TI. Hah.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Iredell?

[18:53] Jayce Iredell: Are we going to be discusison Exillion or no?

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Oh-- in short, we're working on mending relations with Exilion.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Well, they're working on mending relations with us.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia thumbs up.

[18:54] Jayce Iredell: They attacked the Mercz lastnight, did you hear?

[18:54] Huttser Ishelwood: MErcz attacked them three times tonight >.>

[18:54] Jayce Iredell: :o

[18:54] Huttser Ishelwood: and have for the past month

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Mercz attack Exilion regularly.

[18:54] Jayce Iredell: I see.

[18:54] Jayce Iredell: Well then :D

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: And, our alliance is always foremost in favor of the Merczateers. Mending relations refers to maintaining amicable standards.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: So on and so forth.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Anyyywho. I'll be around, running amuck as I try to fix stuff. Pardon me if I am spacey. Good meeting. Good week. Thank you all and have a good night. Someoneleadaraid.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.