Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 06NOV10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-5; Vexillarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 06 November 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Main weekly meeting.

SUMMARY: Weekly Outlook; Black November; "Culling the Herd," Future Developments.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter: be sure not to interrupt until provided the opportunity to do so, so on and so forth. I am not at home, due to internet troubles. Sooo do not be too surprised if I randomly vanish or somethin’.

Imperator's Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics:

Members: 320

Cadets:

Applications

New: 15

Accepted: 1

Denied: 12

Review: 2

Combat

Defensive: 84

Offensive: 14

Allied Assist: 2

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic events this week . . . hm. All in all, a relatively quiet time span. There really is not a great deal to note. However, there has been a notable rise of discovered or re-opened groups—such as Erebus. To date, all of which are marked hostile and will be targets in combat. Furthermore, Zagan Empire has apparently tanked. Their members have dispersed among groups; however there is some talk of a redesigned, less “diplomatic council leadership” version in the future. For the sake of humor: diplomatic wishy-washy leadership in an autocratic setting never works.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Just. For the record.

Divisional Reports

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein raises his hand for Terra.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Wolfstein?

Terra

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Teron for Antesignani: Had a good training run on Wednesday focused on sustained unit strength. As always the squad maintained heavy presence on the defensive line; and Ante lent it's support many times to our offensive actions. Openings in the unit are still available, so feel free to let us know if you are interested. That's all for Antesignani.

[18:03] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Zrazor for Insidiae: Slow week for the most part, I've mostly been playing catch-up since my vacation, but a raid or two have transpired during the week. Initiatives for next week include purging our roster of inactives and resuming recruitment and updating the crossbow.

[18:04] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Zanndor for Invictus: Mediocre week. Had a few raids over the weekend with some Invictus personnel on board, great work everyone. Eriksson held a Cohors A raid on Friday, October 22nd 2010; great turnout on that with excellent results! Looking forward to getting involved in more of those in the coming weeks! In other news: A command shift that you all should be aware of: I (zanndor Aeon) am no longer the CO of Invictus. I am now the XO, and Eriksson Foxtrot is the CO. The switch was to allow me to focus more on other things, so please congratulate Kiwi. Lastly: Three slots open for Invictus, if you're interested then feel more than free to elaborate and take initiative by contacting one of us!

[18:04] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Typhon for Cohors B: From a glance at the activty list all in all things seems to be on the uptrend, but with the holidays coming up this could change in a heartbeat. All in all not a bad trend. Meetings seem to be a bit down, but it's nice to see they are still being attempted at the least. Reports are showing a more positive trend across the board then the usual.

[18:04] SoulBinder Wolfstein: These conclude the various reports from Terra.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: I am being attacked by my friend's kitten. Appropriately named Vader.

[18:05] Tuqiri Breen: Fluffy kittens

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Wolfstein. Next?

[18:05] Corsi Mousehold waits for Astra.

18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Do we have a representative present for Astra?

Astra

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: I shall speak on their behalf, then:

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Astra: operationally, doing quite well. Picked up several new pilots last week-- well, transfers from Terra, really. Astra is always looking for some experienced members, so, if you are interested, feel free to nudge me or any Astra officer. Even if you wish to simply give flying a shot: we'd love to let you check it out.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Astra is looking forward to some technological plans in the near future-- such as a revamped dropship. Until then, business as usual.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:07] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

Tactica

[18:08] Corsi Mousehold: For Tactica. The winds of change have hit the grid like before. Two new militaries have come into our sights. They are 2R.E.P. with a French Foreign Legion feel, and Polaris as well. Some of the Polaris members have already met and gotten in touch with a few Ordo. Both militaries have had contact with Tactica and it's projected things to go rather smoothly. We have had a victory at 2REP already. Went in with four of them on defense and two ran away. ... Anyway. 2REP, AUL, BSM, Phoenix Embers, and Raven Raiders all have new or updated reports up. We have been busy little beavers over here. In fact we've been so busy, Tactica has passed our halfway point. Including the closed bases, more than half of the folders now have reports in them. So raid command? Read the reports. Oh and looks like SLAD will reopen REALLY soon.

[18:08] Corsi Mousehold: Moving on we will be working on combat general strategy documents to keep some of out more paperwork hungry individuals fed. These will be appearing next to the Tactica Military board in their own little folders as they are completed. Things like Fire teams, proper charging attack formations. The use of higher ground when it comes to SL combat, Flanking tactics, and so on. Things that a raid command will be able to keep in mind when assaulting a sim to acheive their goals efficiently. Lots of things in the works for us and that concludes it for Tactica!

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Thank you.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

Keynote Topics

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome, moving right along:

[18:09] Kristian Kit: Curia ran out of denial stamp ink, we need new

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Haha.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: I. Touch on November 5th.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: To begin: thank you everyone who dropped by yesterday. It was especially awesome to have so many of you present. I appreciate all the kind comments about the quality of the speech. I look forward to putting our major motions into place for the coming year. There is quite a lot for us to accomplish, but I have no doubt that we will be more than capable of seeing it through well before the intended time goal. I believe Ron Bleac has something to add. Mr. Bleac?

[18:10] Ron Bleac: Yes, sir. I had a little tiny speech as well, that I'd like to read!

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Go right ahead.

[18:11] Ron Bleac shouts: Soldiers, sailors and airmen of the Ordo Imperialis!

[18:11] Ron Bleac shouts: Yesterday, we all gathered to commemorate the birth of a great society. A warrior society composed of people from all walks of life, from many nations, from many religions and ethnicities. A warrior society that has effectively established a solid presence in the Second Life military community through blood, sweat and tears.

[18:11] Ron Bleac shouts: It's been a tough road, most certainly. From battle to battle, everything from magnificent invasions to hard fought defensive battles here on Titan. Before my time the Ordo has lost many a man, but gained more to replace her casualties. However, some individuals have stuck to the group. Quite a few indeed. From the smallest E-1 to our greatest O-5s.

[18:11] Ron Bleac shouts: It is this core group of individuals that the Ordo leans on. Akin to a pyramid, we support ourselves on an extremely strong cornerstone. Veterans of many years, these men, some have been here from the very beginning! To think that a man would spend so much time on such a silly thing as a video game, to shoot people with little to no gain. What is it that makes us do this? The thrill of winning? Perhaps.

[18:12] Ron Bleac shouts: But to myself, there is nothing quite like standing next to a man who is willing to put everything on the line for both the Ordo, and anyone in it. I like to think that when a man enlists in a military he forms a sort of bond to not only the organisation, but to everyone in it.

[18:12] Ron Bleac shouts: A bond impervious to bullet, shrapnel and shell. Whilst our frail bodies may be tossed by explosion and stabbed by bayonet, whilst our minds may be distressed by the events around us, we unite under a single banner and fight to the last round of ammunition. Around this center block of extreme endurance and will, we gather and hold fast against strong and brave enemies who seek to defeat us on the field of battle. Through good and bad, this group of individuals has held out through thick and thin, fighting for the good of the Ordo and those in it. Such fierce loalty and dedication is extremely admireable.

[18:13] Ron Bleac shouts: We always defend the sanctity of our sovereign state of Titan, whatever the case. When other militaries turn and run, or leave their home undefended whilst they raid, the Ordo always maintains a steady presence, as if a Guard at the tomb of an unknown soldier.

[18:13] Ron Bleac shouts: This is.. another thing that I find extremely valuable. Whilst this may seem like it has no value, it does have such. The simple fact of us defending our homes constantly creates that value. We have never, and will never lose a battle. The Imperator's office WILL remain undesecrated.

[18:13] Ron Bleac shouts: An enlistee in the Ordo once said to me: "I'll follow you to hell and back." It was during a raid briefing, if I remember correctly. Whilst this is a virtual word, loalty means a lot to me because I like that kind of thing. A troop cannot fight without loalty, or a bond that connects them. To an outsider in this world it might simply seem like a tag over our heads, it's much deeper than that.

[18:14] Ron Bleac shouts: To know that someone is willing to go where you go, every step of the way, is an immense feeling. It touches your heart. To know that such a person will take his battle stance even in the latest hours of the night, or earliest hours of the morning makes me feel warm.

[18:14] Ron Bleac shouts: It may seem stupid to some, perhaps even most, but I feel extremely accomplished after defending for multiple hours against waves and waves of attackers. I hope you do too, if you've ever been there! And to know that those few who stepped up to the task and helped you during late nights, took your hand when you fell and pulled you back up again. Sent you back into raging, lag-tastic battle! Fought tooth and nail against all odds, side by side. It warms my heart.

[18:14] Ron Bleac shouts: I look at every man and woman here and my chest is filled with immense pride. I have been here for little more than a year, but I know every one of you. Some of you I know better, some of you I have just met. Your dedication, discipline and bravery shine as a star above this community.

[18:15] Ron Bleac shouts: You are the best troops that a man could fight with, and you have a damn fine leader. I have not seen a man more reminescent of a Field Marshall of old than Aryte. And I have not seen troops more reminescent of noblemen of past centuries than you lot.

[18:15] Ron Bleac shouts: Soldiers, sailors and airmen of the Ordo Imperialis!

[18:16] Ron Bleac shouts: You have fought countless battles, died and lived a thousand times, rushed into thunderous artillery barrages only to emerge unscathed. You have displayed nothing but valor and courage in the face of the enemy. You have ignored the insults and slander of those who seek to harm us and have elevated yourself and the Ordo to something unbreakable. You have turned your hearts to grey stone in times of trouble and tended to your duties, no matter what the cost! In all my life I have not fought with a finer group of soldiers.

[18:16] Ron Bleac shouts: For many more years to come!

[18:16] Ron Bleac shouts: Hip hip, HUZZAH!

[18:16] Arokh Takakura applauds.

[18:16] Kristian Kit: huah

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Wow, way to make my speech look like shit. Very well said.

[18:17] Ron Bleac shouts: Thank you.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: That was an impressive speech. Thank you. Going to pause a moment to give everyone a moment to read. Very touching.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Round of applause for Guardsmen Bleac, please.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia e-claps.

[18:19] Tsukiyomi Yuhara Claps

[18:19] Preston Smythe claps hands

[18:19] Dascede Aluveaux claps.

[18:19] Pr0wer Miles claps.

[18:19] Andriste Nesiote claps.

[18:19] Arokh Takakura claps energetically.

[18:19] Typhon Perun golf claps.

[18:19] Huttser Ishelwood claps

[18:19] Kyra Vixen applauds.

[18:19] Bradley Petrov claps dem' hands.

[18:19] Hessel2008 Inglewood claps his hand for Ron's great speech.

[18:19] Teron Gray applauds respectfully

[18:19] Linx Foxclaw claps those paws

[18:19] Steeltael Lykin applauds

[18:19] Steeltael Lykin: Hi5!

[18:19] Eriksson Foxtrot claps.

[18:19] Afevis Sodertelge claps.

[18:20] Awanken Wasp claps

[18:20] SoulBinder Wolfstein strikes his fist against his armor in appreciation.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Awesomesauce. Let's keep to it. I am tempting fate with this internet, haha! Very good. Moving on, my folks.

[18:20] Tala Spingflower claps.

[18:20] Zack Teichmann applies indecent levels of clappage to the already noisy scene.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: II. Mini-update on changes.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Rather then bore you with hours of repetitious updates, let’s just briefly recap on what to expect in the near future.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: First: promotion system expansion. All of the paper work is basically completed. Simply waiting on the opportunity to coordinate with Firefox to implement the backend—admittedly I have been a bit lax in whipping him to get his attention. We’ll be sure to remedy that.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly: as mentioned, material development is really taking a primary focus. All available effort will be pushed into seeing the region build completed, or at least in a useable form before the first of the year.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Third: increased focus on practice/training routines going forward as planned. Armatura 2 slated to be rolled out within the coming days. After which, review will be done of current Schola practices to ensure the transition is as effective and smooth as possible.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: III. Activity / inactivity standards.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: As we have reached a fairly significant cushion in numbers, the culling process is going to be kicked up a notch. With our primary goal of achieving a higher sense of activity in mind, we will continue with the current practice of eliminating individuals who have been determined “unlikely to return.”

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: For clarity, a system of sorts has been developed to really make the discretion between “inactive” and “not returning.” We evaluate a series of elements—such as whether it was an announced inactivity, logging in/logging out recently, and visitation to Titan. Individuals who express any interest or show any interest in participation, or individuals who provide an announcement prior to inactivity are pretty safe. Folks who vanish and do not communicate with their command will be chopped, in order to ensure our membership numbers are as accurate and relevant as possible.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: If you are concerned, at any time that a bout of inactivity will result in culling: don’t be. Simply communicate that you need some time and you’ll be fine. We wish to keep the group as amicable as possible, so no one will be penalized for . . . well, life’s habit of happening.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: IV. Looking ahead: next week.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: For the next seven days or so, my presence will be relatively the same; however I may be less reachable when not online and not able to devote a lot of attention to major projects. In short: I will be on vacation with Keller.

Feel free to nudge me if you need to bug him next week, on that note.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Moooving right along, wot wot.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: V. Potential revision to upper level structure.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: .. Oh lordy, what would the Ordo be without constant revising? I am considering taking the initiative to make some changes to our upper echelon. By that, I mean I am considering of rethinking how we have command and divisions separated.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: It is far too early to make the call, however I am wondering if we’ve reached a level of size that more distinguishing can be made between our divisions—such as classifying parts of Terra or units in Terra as mechanized versus “light infantry,” or even breaking up the core divisions (Astra/Terra) a bit for sensible administration.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Time shall tell!

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Last topic for tonight:

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: VI. Comcast is the devil.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: My internet is fucked. I should be back up to normal speed tomorrow. I am currently bootlegging my friend's internet. So I'll probably .. not be around for a couple hours tonight, unless my net pops back on.

Meeting Closer

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: That said: promotions'll be up either late this evening, or tomorrow. Feel free to send me extra until then. Raid wise, I'll leave it in the hands o' my capable raid minions, if they feel up to it. Ooor if my net comes back, I'll pull one myself.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Good (short, surpisingly) meeting. Thanks for coming. Pardon me while I go beat on my router while I wait for a technician.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Bye guys! Have a good night if I don't pop back in. Be good.

[18:37] Nikki4 Aquitaine shouts: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/10199-sim-cleanup/ -- READ THIS.

Ack. Handed Soulbinder the wrong report for Invictus.

The actual report for Invictus would've been:

Eriksson for Invictus: Informative week for members of Invictus. A few members took the others out for some raids, etc. I took the time to hold a much needed meeting for Invictus on Saturday, October 30th 2010; primarily held to keep everyone in sync, and set out some things that we'll be applying in the near future (within the next week or so). We've been relatively busy scouting for additional members to fill in the ranks, and within the coming week we hope to be getting a slot of three filled! As always, if interested please contact Eriksson Foxtrot to show your initiative -- Thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone! :sad:

P.S: Please don't kick me Aryte, Firefox, Keller, or Soulbinder! D:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.