Corsi Mousehold

Ordo Meeting 13NOV10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-5; Vexillarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 06 November 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Main weekly meeting.

SUMMARY: Weekly Outlook; Black November; "Culling the Herd," Future Developments.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

Imperator's Report

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics:

Members: 311 (Ten inactive purges from last week.)

Cadets: 5

Applications

New: 11

Accepted: 1

Denied: 9

Review: 1

Combat

Defensive: 77

Offensive: 10

Allied Assist: 1

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic report this week: per my quasi-vacation, there is some sense of .. detachedness. However, from what I can see, it appears to be another status quo week. One notable occurance: it appears VAC/FE (or whatever Leia Mercy is calling it now) is attempting to re-establish itself. Although regrettable that such did cost us one of our new folks, it is always nice to see group growth. Crossin' my fingers that the group remains afloat!

Divisional Reports

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:03] FireFox Breed rises his clawed paw for Terra.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman, for Astra.

Astra

[18:03] Ethan Schuman: Alright, Astra this week:

-First off, the Predator has gone gold and is in Aryte's hands, just waiting for placement into a locker. It's at version 1.2, and now has its own configurable weapon systems that are keyed into the Predator's operation, so you don't need to worry about attaching and detaching and all that jazz. Be sure to grab the update as soon as possible. While the system is currently guns only, additional secondary weapons are likely to follow.

-Brief summary of R&D: Nikki is busy with the sim. Disembodied is getting ready to take a crack at our assault shuttle project. Wulf continues to work on a new model for the Predator. We also have a new Thanatos cluster bomb that Tsume and I will be working on a little more before hurling it at Anly.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman: -Palaestra is busy busy. We got a rather large group of incoming Astra, so Trinity and Nrom are doing their thing to get those new pilots trained. Because the Praeda is now no longer in service of any sort, training documentation is being re-written geared toward the Predator. A new obstacle course is being worked on as well, and (I think) we have a rough model of it made.

-ALSO! There is a new Predator rezzer on top of the Astra maze. It will respond to the main Ordo group tag, Astra, and Schola. If you want to give it a whirl, feel free. Maximum power is disabled, and the planes will only stay live for 20 minutes (though you can always rez another). The trainer does not have weapons functionality, and the standard Predator weapons system will not respond to it.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman: (IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PILOTS HERE)

-Activity levels are always of concern. After speaking with Jim Herbst, Astra will be engaging AN Fleet (Their AD merged into their Fleet) pilots more often. Contrary to standard "organized exercises," these gatherings will be much more combat oriented and warlike, with less overhead. Details of exact deployments and what not will be kept quiet and handled between officers of each group to keep pilots on their toes. Don't be surprised if you're in the skies running a training exercises and suddenly there are Arrowheads ripping into you. Stay alert, and stay vigilant, because you never know when or where they'll show up.

-Activity levels in our flights continue to fluctuate. First life tends to throw things into a person's way, so it's only natural that some of our pilots aren't around as much as they'd like to be. However, both Aquilla and Reapers now have two more total members on their rosters.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Yay!

[18:05] Ethan Schuman: That's all for Astra this week.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Breed?

Terra

[18:06] FireFox Breed shouts: Antesignani: Fairly quiet, though Antesignani was quite active in defensive and offensive actions this week. Otherwise, nothing major to report.

[18:06] FireFox Breed shouts: Insidiae: Recent event's for Insidiea have left a big dent in squad morale. However steps are being taken to avoid any long term issues. On a brighter note, some members of Insidiea are moving with a few ideas to help bump up squad activity and remake insidiea into the bad ass squad of Ninja that it should be. With this I would like to announce (in Zunit's honor) the position of Orientation NCO granted to Winterz Silverfall. /claps, that is all for Insidiea this week.

[18:06] FireFox Breed shouts: Invictus: Slight drop in overall activity this week, however not a huge issue, all planned activity drops. Planning a few all-around trainings, and perhaps get a few raids on the go as well. As mentioned: We did hold a meeting not too long ago, so please keep an eye out in the group notices for a few 'beta' schedules! In other news: Four slots open and I plan on getting two of them filled this upcoming week. If at all interested in the squad, or if you have questions, feel more than free to let Eriksson Foxtrot know!

[18:07] FireFox Breed shouts: From Typhon for Cohors B: Activity appears to be on a upswing a bit this week, for Cohors B, with not to many being requested to be moved to Cohors C. thatguy lacks a computer this eweek so Desereck is filling in for him at the moment. Things however are expected to slow down a tad wth activity as the holidays draw near. As it's expected membes of Ordo spend time withtehre RL familes.

[18:08] FireFox Breed: For all Terra command members. Please look in the the Terra froums for the Command meeting time and topics. Also Arma training is back online so please even if you have done the old 1.0 training do the 2.0. Make it looks better for you when I do command pickings because i look at things like that.

[18:08] Dante682184 Bellic: Im so sorry, excuse me...im still changing....traffic was horrible.

[18:08] FireFox Breed shouts: And that sums up Terra

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: No worries, Dante. Welcome. And thank you, Mr. Breed.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:09] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold, go right ahead.

Tactica

[18:09] Corsi Mousehold shouts: For Tactica: We have an official record for the shortest flash in the pan military in Tactica History. Unit Himitsu has closed thier doors before they could even open. SLAD has reopened their doors much to everyone's daytime raid pleasure. They were down for so long and the base itself looks almost exactly like the one in Forgotten Worlds. AUL is gone as well with most of their members joining CATI. They officially have no excuse not to get a full sim since ... BSM actually went and bought their own sim. And the most fun of all is, thanks to Steeltael, we have a new Open Combat sim to go and dork around at. Sim name is Laiva and Tactica recently hel[ped get their teleport system set up. Folder is up on the Tactica board with open combat sim text in Dark Blue.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

Keynote Topics

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along. Topics to cover this evening . . let's see here. Somehow I have managed to be pretty productive, while on vacation. Shame on me

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: I. Diplomacy Core.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: The first area I wish to cover this evening is the pending creation of the "Diplomacy Core." For some time now, the Ordo has used officers as de facto diplomats-- loosely fulfilling the necessity for IS militaries to have Iron Symphony delegates. At the suggestion of a few helpful folks and with the outline provided by Josey Bingyi, I have developed a unit shell to perform the function.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: As the foreword states: The Ordo Imperialis Iron Symphony Delegation: Diplomacy Core serves as an extension of the Ordo Imperialis - Office of the Imperator. Diplomacy Core members are liaisons, operating as formal correspondents-- projecting the Ordo's intent for cooperation abroad, while collecting concern and information from foreign sources.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: In a nutshell, delegates of the Diplomacy Core are responsible for acting as liaisons to foreign sources. Per assignment, delegates must maintain at least a bi-weekly communication with their assigned groups. Furthermore, it must be understood that the Diplomacy Core must remain entirely objective in their questions. At no time should a delegate express opinion on a scenario or complaint, nor should a delegate ever promise action or lack of action. Delegates may only deliver messages and enact change as ordered by the Imperator.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Staffing wise -- more than likely, we will keep it a relatively small, close knit operation. Oversight will be provided by an officer or senior NCO, with orders transmitted through my office specifically. Application to the delegate team will be handled in the near future.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: II. Minimum Promotion Requirements.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: The expansion / revision to the minimum requirement system has been completed and rolled out on the system. To access it, log in to firefoxinc.com/ordo and select the "promotion menu" at the top left hand corner.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Notably, there is additional reading and coverage up to O-1. A few things that need to be highlighted:

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost: as always, completion of minimum requirements creates eligibility for promotion, not guarantee for promotion. Eligibility shows us you wish to elevate, not automatically elevate.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly: if you've already surpassed the ranks -- for example, if you're an E-3 and the E-2 requirements change, you do not need to retake anything. Same applies if you're an E-3 and you've already taken the E-4 exam. You do not have to do the additional requirements for E-4, you are grandfathered in. If you're an E-3 and you've done the material for E-4 and E-5 . . you do need to do the extra material for E-5, but not for E-4. Make sense?

[18:21] Wulf Lykin shakes his head cunfused

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Let me try to clarify.

[18:21] Kishoshima Dragonash shouts: one only needs to worry about ranks above them Sir and not below, is that what you're saying?

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Williamca is a fictional E-3. He has completed the E-2 and E-3 exams. He does not need to go back and redo anything-- there is no penalty, he is grandfathered.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: If fictional E-3 Williamca has also completed his E-4 exam already, he doesn't need to redo that . . since it'd be kinda mean to say "thanks for the hard work, now here's some extra."

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: However, there's a limit to the mercy. If Williamca worked ahead and completed his E-4 and E-5 exam materials, his E-5 exam materials are not grandfathered in. He will have to do the extra materials for E-5.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Does it make sense now?

[18:24] Wulf Lykin: can i ask a question about the last part?

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Yes.

[18:25] Dante682184 Bellic: yes..

[18:25] Wulf Lykin: i am an E-4 now and did the E-5 tests and the letter, i passed it. so i have not to do anthing with that now? so thats done?

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Correct.

[18:25] Wulf Lykin: alright, just wanted to be sure

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: :] No problem.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Now, lastly: have fun with it. There's a lot of good stuff in there to read! Remember to encourage your comrades and unit members to give them a try if they're interested in rank elevation.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: III. Week o' misery and doom.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Next week . . likely starting Tuesday, I will be focusing on finishing up the raid course. That means I'll be taking folks out on missions and letting them get their feet wet. Please pester me if you're part of the raid course and need any portion of it. I'd like to have 90% of you completed by the end of next week.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: That way I can start the process over again. ;_;

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: IV. Major development topics.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: In the development world . . well, movement on all fronts. Building a lot of momentum as we move into the winter months! Pretty exciting from my perspective.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: The big one: region construction. Lookin' good, advancement being made and buildings starting to be fleshed out. Nikki and Niiya are really hitting things home now, after overcoming some obstacles away from base.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Concepts have been submitted to Disembodied Hand for the next major projects: new MBT, drop/assault ship, and power armor. He is planning to have his TI project done by Monday--- sooo keep your eyes out for something pretty fun from Titan.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: V. Policy Clean-Up -- Policy Omnibus?

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: When time allows, the "Policy" section of the forums is going to be shifted around to create a sort of category system-- all of the alike policies will be grouped into headers. Eventually, I aim to sort of create a "policy omnibus," so folks can quickly pull up a category of topics easily and determine standard policy quickly.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: This goes hand in hand with our current handbook. The regulation section is likely to undergo some revision. I want to better differentiate between regulation and policy. Potentially by using the handbooks regulations as a sort of "constitution" for the Ordo, shaping it into a clearer cut, wide reaching set of rules, with policy falling underneath it as capitulatory.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: VI. Combat weaponry tiers.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: As part of the aforementioned . . some clarity is to be shed upon the seperation of heavy, medium, and light weaponry. A classification system is in the works, per the efforts of Zerowinged Vasiliev. We will be implementing it in order to better make Titan a friendly combat enviroment for enemies, while creating clarity for all members on levels of weaponry permitted during a situation. For example . .

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: • Light Weapons: Use in normal situations.

- Pistols (Regular Capacity, Semi-Auto Sidearms)

- Rifles (Regular Capacity, Auto or Semi)

- SMGs (Regular Capacity, Auto or Semi)

- Grenades

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: • Medium Weapons: Authorized by OIC/NCOIC

- Automatic Shotguns

- LMGs

So on and so forth!

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:38] Dante682184 Bellic raises his hand

[18:38] Vix Venera raises a paw

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: I thought of you specifically. Likely light.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Dante?

[18:39] Dante682184 Bellic: For the Shotgun in medium weapons, The Striker wouldnt be apart of that group would it?

[18:39] Dante682184 Bellic: Since its Semi auto.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Correcto.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Vix?

[18:39] Dante682184 Bellic: Thank you sir.

[18:39] Vix Venera: would aircraft fall somewhere in there?

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Mm, nope! Different classification.

[18:40] Vix Venera: kk

[18:40] Williamca Zenovka raises hand

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Tsume?

[18:41] Tsume Xiao: Will reload times be factored in? Because a 30 round rifle that reloads in like .5 seconds (while not allowed regardless, but for the point of this example.. pretend) would be a tier up because its time per capacity?

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: That would overcomplicate things.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Especially as this applies to clearance on the line for our side.

[18:42] Lanny Ansar Raises hand.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Williamca?

[18:42] Tsume Xiao: I mean things like the M4A1 AXE

[18:42] Williamca Zenovka: Weapons such as the AA-12 that has a semi auto mode and auto mode, could you use the semi auto mode to make it light for usage?

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: . . hm, in theory, yes. But we tend to classify weapons on their extent of use.

[18:44] Lanny Ansar double-handraises.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Lanny?

[18:45] Lanny Ansar shouts: What about underbarrel equipment on rifles? like an M203 or an Underbarrel shotgun? do they still classify under Lights? or does the rifle itself get reclassed?

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Light, aye. Unless the underbarrel was like.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Firing mininukes.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Huttser?

[18:46] Huttser Ishelwood: Is Alpha squad gear, for example Antesigani's Negev subject to the same regulations?

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Yessir.

[18:48] Fox Cheri raises a hand

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Fox?

[18:49] Fox Cheri shouts: This might seem a bit off context, but because it wasn't shouted, I, and others didn't hear what was asked. Can I ask what, roughly, was questioned?

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: [18:46] Huttser Ishelwood: Is Alpha squad gear, for example Antesigani's Negev subject to the same regulations?

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: The answer was yes.

[18:49] Fox Cheri shouts: Thank You Sir

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Very welcome.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: All righty then!

Meeting Closer

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions and such are done. I simply need to add them to the server. They'll be out this evening.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: I'll leave raid leadership up to the ever growing pool of folks fighting to crusade, haha. I'll be around. I'll probably sneak off to put stuff on the server without distraction.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, see you all later tonight or tomorrow.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Good meeting. T hank you for your time!

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

For clarity: Zerowinged Vasiliev's efforts are separate from the Munitorum database efforts. Zerowinged Vasiliev advocates deploying the hard work of the folks who worked on the Munitorum database to compile the weaponry data. Without the efforts of the folks who put together the Munitorum database, policy would not be accurate or useful at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.