Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 27NOV10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-5; Vexillarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 27 November 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Main weekly meeting.

SUMMARY: Weekly developments and diplomacy; upcoming officer selection; material and personnel structure updates, etc.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:22:45] Aryte Vesperia: Let's get this party on the road.

[18:23:00] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

Imperator's Report

[18:23:53] Aryte Vesperia: Members: 313

Cadets: 3

Applications

New: 18

Accepted: 2

Denied: 10

Review: 6

Combat

Defensive: 80

Offensive: 15

Allied Assist: 0

[18:24:20] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week: recent combat interactions have seen an interesting shift away from the common “foe.” TAC, although built on the prospect of challenging us . . has largely stopped being the challenge. Events regarding TAC are low across the board—very limited deployments on either side. Rather, our focus has become Erebus. Both defensively and offensively, we have begun, essentially, an unexpected campaign against the group. Combat has been very enjoyable thus far, so, here’s to hoping!

Divisional Reports

[18:24:25] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:24:34] Nrom Normandy steps forward on behalf of Astra.

[18:24:35] SoulBinder Wolfstein raises his hand for Terra.

[18:24:39] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Normandy?

Astra

[18:24:50] Nrom Normandy shouts: Ethan Schuman's report for this week:

[18:24:58] Nrom Normandy shouts: Firstly... holy CRAP have we been active. We saw a fair amount of air combat defensively against Erebus, and quite a few of our pilots proved they can kick just as much ass on foot while participating in a number of actions both offensive and defensive. Even considering the holiday, activity and participation are quickly approaching the point where reactivating a third flight may not only be practical, but necessary. This is something we discussed in our command meeting yesterday.

[18:25:06] Nrom Normandy shouts: One of the routes that we had talked about was putting the Apostles back into their own flight. We decided against this, so they will remain a special purpose strike team for now. However, they will be getting a bit of a facelift and a theme image. Right now we're thinking along the lines of... well, it's something involving priests and Warhammer 40,000. I have no idea what it's called myself, you'll have to ask Blaze.

[18:25:13] Nrom Normandy shouts: We've had some more additions to Astra, but we did lose Johann Wilberg, our Reapers XO. As his replacement, we have appointed Disembodied Hand, who has shown both interest and talent. Congrats on your new position, Dis.

[18:25:20] Nrom Normandy shouts: Our members continue to refine our training, with the new Palaestra curriculum finished, and new obstacle courses also in development. We're also making some technological progress, with two new Thanatos weapons nearing completion, and a patch to the Predator to reconfigure the interface based on pilot input. Dis also hopes to start on the assault shuttle soon, but don't pester him about it. If you do, I'll shave your tail with a combat knife if you're a furry, and shoot you in the face with a paintball gun if you aren't.

[18:25:27] Nrom Normandy shouts: The last thing I want to bring up is outside combat association between pilots. Now, some might take an approach as to make organized forays into RP sims and whatnot, and those ventures have been successful in the past. I'm not going to do that, though. This isn't really a formal initiative, but I'd like to make an appeal to all Astra personnel to interact with one another whenever possible. I don't care whether it's an RP sim, or a round of Bad Company 2, or even just a few rounds of Greedy Greedy or some other SL board game. If you're doing something (Ordo appropriate) that you think would be more fun with some friends, call up some fellow Astra to come join you.

[18:25:35] Nrom Normandy shouts: For my (Nrom's) closing, I wish to remind every member of Astra to regularly check the forums on a daily basis. I have made extra effort to communicate the decisions and goals of the Astra Administratio every week on Sunday with our Weekly Discussion thread. To this date I have not seen this means of communication fully utilized. I would like to see each active member of Astra try to respond to that thread during the week to at least acknowledge that you have read it and you are aware of the announcements contained in it. Also use it as an opportunity to ask any questions you may have in regards to Astra.

[18:25:40] Nrom Normandy: This concludes the weekly Astra report. Thank you.

[18:26:45] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you very much. Terra?

Terra

[18:26:53] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Teron for Antesignani: Not a whole lot to say, squad was active at home and abroad as per our usual. Earlier in the week we did launch an offensive against SK, which we would like to thank the rest of Cohors A for coming to assist with. That pretty much covers Ante this week.

[18:27:07] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Krow for Insidiae: Activity is steadily increasing! Starting to do more squad raids and planning to get one going at least once a day. Training has also started and will continue! Winterz is currently working on a new course for Insidiae to train in once we get our new equipment. Had some more members removed from the roster. Currently in the process of looking at new potential members. Five positions remain.

[18:27:23] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Eriksson for Invictus: Extremely active week for everyone in Invictus. Three new inductee's definitely showing their talent and fitting in just fine. Invictus went on a training to New Jessie on the 19th of November, it went exponentially well, New Jessie Admins had to send out two notices to even attempt to recapture NJ. As for participation raids: Invictus was sent out to join Antesignani on a raid to Sturm Korps. Raid went extremely well, phenomenal team effort with everyone who participated. In other news this evening: Invictus has two slots open, be sure to express your interest to Eriksson Foxtrot if looking into the option!

[18:27:38] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Typhon for Cohors B: Another average week at Cohors B, nothing much happend this week as many people took the weekend and week off to relax and enjoy their holiday with Turkeys (haha Canada/UK). Nothing else to really add except that activity is going up--oh look, Erebus is attacking. Anyways, have a great day etc etc, get those PRF's in!

[18:27:50] SoulBinder Wolfstein: These conclude the various reports from Terra.

[18:28:17] Heather McKay raises her hand.

[18:28:50] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:28:55] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Mckay?

Officium Curia

[18:29:38] Heather McKay: A quick statement from Curia, please remember Zero Tolerence is in effect. Secondly those of you who have applied to be consiered for lictor positions, interviews I hope will start tomorrow for those positions.

[18:30:20] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:30:24] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:31:30] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving on.

Keynote Topics

[18:31:38] Aryte Vesperia: Topics this evening:

[18:32:02] Aryte Vesperia: > Update Notes

[18:32:40] Aryte Vesperia: Back in October, a meeting was held to gather up ideas pertaining to development and Ordo progress going forward. Let’s retouch on the areas we covered:

[18:33:37] Aryte Vesperia: - Armaments: requests were made to see the Praeda phased out, increased melee weapons, and further artillery development. To date, the Praeda has been entirely replaced with the Predator—the Predator itself is soon to be provided an updated model and brought into a better standing. Melee weaponry wise: access to a riot baton has currently been granted to all members, while a combat knife is in the works. Artillery wise, we are a bit behind. We have tasked a builder to shape up a new mortar. We are simply waiting on that to be completed.

[18:34:27] Aryte Vesperia: - Priority of major projects: power armor, mechs, or new tanks. The vote was balanced power armor and mechs, with power armor having some higher appeal. Power armor and new tanks will both be pursued.

[18:35:09] Aryte Vesperia: - Priority of major projects: drop ship, fleet ship, or additional light aircraft. Drop ships won overwhelmingly. Development design has been established. However, fleet grade vessels will also be pursued.

[18:36:32] Aryte Vesperia: -Detail on major project: new tank is first up to slate. Disembodied has all but finished the TI project for vending. The new Ordo tank has been dubbed the “Tyrant.” Much like our armor, it will be intended to follow a modular design system. The first vehicle, the MBT, will feature a few key elements: primary railgun, coaxial MG, and a secondary turret MG that will be functional with a passenger.

[18:37:49] Aryte Vesperia: > Officer Interviews

[18:38:46] Aryte Vesperia: Although the time scale for this is essentially indefinite, it should be noted that the interview process has begun for officer candidates. There has been a pretty strong turn out of OCA packets. Each individual who submits one will be eligible to participate in an interview.

[18:39:28] Aryte Vesperia: They will be scheduled over time, as opportunity allows-- it requires squeezing in a session with the officer staff during their weekly meeting.

[18:40:31] Aryte Vesperia: As a fair warning, candidates should expect . . just about anything. Questions will range anywhere from scenario, to elaboration on past events, to challenging anything the officer may feel worth bringing up.

[18:41:17] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:41:22] Sebris Montpark raises paw

[18:41:26] Aryte Vesperia: Montpark?

[18:41:28] Steeltael Lykin raises paw

[18:42:05] Sebris Montpark: Regarding the entrance of fleetships. Does this mean the rebirth of Navis or is this Strictly an Astra Project?

[18:42:35] Aryte Vesperia: It will remain in the Astra inventory.

[18:42:41] Sebris Montpark: Alrighty

[18:42:47] Aryte Vesperia: Lykin?

[18:42:48] Steeltael Lykin: Will canidates be contacted prior to weekly sessions, Will there be mass interviews? Is this a matter of a single interview per weekly meeting?

[18:43:36] Aryte Vesperia: Yes, candidates will. Arokh Takakura and Eriksson Foxtrot are the first victims. Interviews are one at a time, with each candidate facing a quorum of officers.

[18:44:19] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along:

[18:44:33] Aryte Vesperia: > CDF Use

[18:45:36] Aryte Vesperia: The CDF has . . found its first member. Fatalitywolf Firehawk. It seems to have taken the role as a conditioning force in his case-- he seeks to join the Ordo, but account age has limited him. As a reminder, CDF may be armed with OIC permission and may participate in combat with OIC permission.

[18:46:00] Aryte Vesperia: It is . . more then likely Fatalitywolf will wind up just getting a vouch and summarily conscripted, but, in the meantime, try not to scare him off.

[18:46:23] Aryte Vesperia: Questions there?

[18:46:32] Maverick Garfield: congrates

[18:46:58] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:47:01] Aryte Vesperia: > “Goals”

[18:47:33] Aryte Vesperia: This is something that the Merczateers utilize . . and I really like the idea. It's extremely simple, but simple in a good way.

[18:48:10] Aryte Vesperia: Basically, the Merczateers aim to have X number of raids, X number of trainings (etc) daily. Officers check off things on a public list as they're accomplished.

[18:49:21] Aryte Vesperia: I'm cooking up our own "Goals" list. Our raid activites are already on a steady rise, but I'd really like to encourage it to go on. Some sort of perk could be associated with completing goals . . simply haven't thought of it (other then making me happy).

[18:49:50] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

Open Discussion

[18:50:22] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional topics to bring up this evening?

[18:50:36] Anlysia Gregoire: Can I do my rant now?

[18:50:51] Aryte Vesperia: What rant?

[18:50:56] Anlysia Gregoire: The CoC one.

[18:51:02] Aryte Vesperia: Fine.

[18:51:35] Anlysia Gregoire shouts: Okay so this is less of a rant and more of a reminder, but, I want to tell everyone about something.

[18:52:08] Anlysia Gregoire shouts: Recently I was informed of an issue where a person under my purview wasn't doing their job, and instead of having it escalated to me, instead the issue was sat-upon and people got pissed in silence.

[18:52:32] Anlysia Gregoire shouts: That's not what's supposed to happen. Literally every single person in Ordo except Aryte has a Chain of Command. The person who you go to when they fuck up.

[18:53:04] Typhon Perun raises a hand.

[18:53:08] Anlysia Gregoire shouts: Whether it's a Terra, Astra, Munitorum, Curia, or any other matter...if someone isn't doing what they should be, go upward. Don't just sit on the issue and get mad, get it dealt with.

[18:53:38] Anlysia Gregoire shouts: Everyone will be happier in the end. (That's it.)

[18:53:50] Aryte Vesperia: Huzzah.

[18:53:57] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for your input.

[18:54:02] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional topics this evening?

[18:54:20] Anlysia Gregoire: Typhon looked like he wanted to say something.

[18:54:20] Steeltael Lykin raises hand

[18:54:28] Aryte Vesperia: Typon?

[18:54:43] Kiyaru Kanto raises hand

[18:55:44] Typhon Perun shouts: In regards to what Alysia mentioned, what if you are in a position to note some behaviour and note to the person that it looks negative to others. And that person tells you to go someone outside there command structure to complain about it?

[18:56:27] Typhon Perun shouts: I asked as this has happened, and continues to be a problem.

[18:57:03] Aryte Vesperia: Go to the person a step above them, then. That would be the best option.

[18:58:08] Aryte Vesperia: Lykin?

[18:58:12] Steeltael Lykin shouts: OMG Chronus Update: The physical build for chronus, both the ground and complex levels is complete. 99.9%! Awaiting scripting of objectives before combat testing of the entire build is undertaken. Remember to explore teh build. You may have to defend it one day! comments,suggestions, or hate mail about the voidscape are all still welcome

[18:58:37] Steeltael Lykin shouts: Thats it from me

[18:58:55] Aryte Vesperia: Yay.

[18:58:56] Aryte Vesperia: Kanto?

[18:59:33] Kiyaru Kanto: Just to make it clear, this is not a joke! I wanted to propose we make an Aryte day, and on this day where we'll all drink coffee everyone one in ordo will dedicate their day to helping the ordo improve as a whole, as Aryte tries to do for us on a daily basis. I personally think a lot of great ideas could come out of this <

[18:59:58] Aryte Vesperia: Lmao.

[19:00:02] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

Meeting Close

[19:00:02] Mark Karlfeldt: I think that means the meeting is over.

[19:00:08] Aryte Vesperia: MOVING RIGHT ALONG.

[19:00:21] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions are done. Will be finishing up entering in database.

[19:00:33] Aryte Vesperia: After w hich, I am leading a raid.

[19:00:38] Aryte Vesperia: 30 minutes from now.

[19:00:42] Aryte Vesperia: BE there, or be square.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.