Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 11DEC10

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | E-5; Vexillarius | Astra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 11 December 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Weekly whole group meeting.

SUMMARY: Goals, reminders, etc.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: All righty.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Hi everyone. Obligatory starter, as always: welcome to this week’s meeting. Per the norm, please be certain to hold all questions and comments until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions will result in dismissal from the gathering. When you are provided the chance to speak, be sure to /shout/ your comments or questions—otherwise the recorder may not hear you. Thank you: let’s get to it.

Imperator's Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 318

Cadets: 7

Applications

New: 12

Accepted: 3

Denied: 4

Review: 4

Combat

Defensive: 111

Offensive: 16

Allied Assist: 0

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes to comment on this week . .

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Erebus has dragged off on its morning attacks, opting to focus more on prime time battles. In other news, CS is alive annnnd open for combat in the region . . Turbo?

[18:03] Huttser Ishelwood: Zagros

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: We will definitely have to go pay CS a visit here in the near future. Unfortunately, their strength is a bit lower then our last encounter, but we look forward to their growth and return to the scene.

Divisional Reports

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:04] SoulBinder Wolfstein raises his hand for Terra.

[18:05] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Wolfstein?

Terra

[18:05] SoulBinder Wolfstein shouts: From Teron for Antesignani: Antesignani was quite active this week, engaging in both numerous defensive and offensive operations. More specifically, the squad enjoyed it's actions with the rest of Cohors A against CATI. We're glad to have one of our estranged members return to activity, but we do still have positions available in the unit.

[18:05] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Krow for Insidiae: Been a rather slow week. Waiting on the scripting to be done to start using the new course. The HUD and Carbine are nearly finished. Also we have a couple of new members Kishoshima Dragonash and Tala Springflower. Still have four slots open for new members. There's not much to report. Activity has dipped slightly because of the season, but a substantial number of raids have been carried out over the last three weeks. The roster is still fluid, but it's slowly solidifying with some strong and active group members.

[18:05] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Eriksson for Invictus: Phenomenal week for Invictus, excellent activity all around. A few trainings held by some of our members: A special thanks to Acheron/Pr0wer and Maverick for holding two seperate trainings this week! I'd like to give a warm welcome to our new inductee's: Ookamiwulf Lemton, and SirCorn Alter! Still on the look out for three new members, so if interested don't hesitate to inquire with Eriksson Foxtrot!

[18:05] SoulBinder Wolfstein: From Typhon for Cohors B: More members, along with more activity, along with more PRF's, along with more stuff being planned, along with more repetition. Got cool stuff planned for the future as well as Brumalia coming up. Keep asking for those PRFs and keep up the activity!

[18:06] SoulBinder Wolfstein: This concludes the varied reports from Terra.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Schuman?

Astra

[18:06] Ethan Schuman shouts: Things in Astra this week have been rather calm. While we've had quite a few defensive actions, trainings, and our pilots are spending more time on base... we still don't see much action on foreign soil. This problem continues to plague us. The largest barriers we face are pilot activity level consistency, and the ability for our enemies to present an acceptable defense. In order to combat this, we will be taking a few different measures. The first will be an audit of pilot activity times. Basically, this will be an in-depth examination of what times people seem to be most available and interested in fighting. We'll take that data and try to develop a focus structure to base events around. The other measure we -will- be enacting is a calendar system, which allows Astra members to post activities up to 72 hours in advance, so people can plan on being there. Not only that, but with enough advance notification, we may be able to see more resistance from enemy pilots. The execution of both of these measures is s

[18:06] Ethan Schuman: till being discussed (none of us were able to make it to the command meeting yesterday to wrap them up and implement them), so expect them Sunday evening.

[18:07] Ethan Schuman: (They'd be up right now, but we want to make some final revisions).

[18:07] Ethan Schuman shouts: That's all for us this week.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports for this week?

[18:07] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold?

Tactica

[18:08] Corsi Mousehold shouts: This week in Tactica. A great deal of Changes on the board. Ironostics closed, rebuilt, and reopened. Delta Force is looking to rebuild soon, Sturmkorps is rebuilding. Not only that but there are two new groups out there. Excercito Brasilieiro and Acheron Industries. The latter of which officially bears no relation to the Tactica member Acheron Gloom and it is respectfully requested to stop asking him. Moving on we are introducing Sebris to the team as our standard Pilot and he will be adding Astra notatioins for tactics on the field. The biggest news we have is that Chthonic Syndicate has reopened thier doors ... and they have a very nice mall. Rules, landmark and all the usual are set up on the Tactcia board and it is for now, remaining an Imperator level target.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:09] Zero Itamae raises hand.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Itamae?

IEA

[18:09] Zero Itamae shouts: For the IEA: Highly active week for our magistrates. Large number of classes held in both Schola and Armatura now that the new Armatura is up and running smoothly. Now our main focus is turning to fixing up Schola to update it on a few of the more recent chances. Beyond that, we will be working on getting a good kick start into the Imperial Ludi. We will be opening up two Director roles there with the purpose for creating and maintaining academies as well as other various tasks in the IEA as a whole. And lastly, we have three instructor roles left to fill in the IEA so if you are interested, just contact myself or Corsi directly or just post in the forums under the IEA heading.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Final call. Any additional reports for this evening?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent, moving right along.

Keynote Topics

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: We will be moving pretty quickly here. Perhaps a shortish meeting! However, several topics to cover.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: First up: recap on the implementing of the daily goals.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Over the week, we have been toying with the "goals" system. Thus far, it really has not seen any enforcement .. and it's doing quite well. We've seen a pretty strong increase of activity across the board. Training and offensive deployments are both on the rise.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: In short: so far, so very good. I'm pleased with the success. As we iron things out, a bit more investment will be placed in attempting to meet the goals. We've averaged 2.2 raids a day this week: now let's push it up to three.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Arokh brought up something on Ventrilo I'd like to tack on to this:

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Three folks still qualifies for a raid-- so the early morning command: if you're having problem finding "big" targets, who cares? Hit every group you can find. Three is enough to consitute a raid.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along . .

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who pay attention to the forums, or, hell, coms at this point, you've likely picked up on the "omg scripts are bad" murmuring.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Let me just underline something here: the post I made about "let's shoot for no more then 30 a person" is not a hard-in-stone-die-if-you-aren't call. It is just a general awareness for everyone that unneeded scripts kills a lot of resources for us. If someone's script use if off the charts, leave it up to the powers that be to deal with it.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, just shoot to keep your own script impact as low as possible!

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: No, Liam. There is no Script Inquisition.

[18:18] Liam Macalroy: xP

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Questions thus far?

[18:19] Tsume Xiao Raises hand paw thing

[18:19] Tsukiyomi Yuhara raises hand

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Xiao?

[18:20] Tsume Xiao: I just want to make a few comments. First off, I kinda saw this comming when Aryte annouced the scriptlimit.

[18:20] Tsume Xiao: I have seen this before with OMG ARC, and OMG SCRIPT TIME

[18:21] Tsume Xiao: It is not, a contest

[18:21] Tsume Xiao: I have already seen people going around bragging "OMG MY SCRIPT COUNT IS LOWER THAN URS LOLOL I WIN" and already know that several epople have been pestered into constantly checking scripts/script times

[18:21] Tsume Xiao: Yeah, Sure. I can lower my scripts to like, 5 or some crazy crap.

[18:22] Disembodied Hand raises hand

[18:22] Tsume Xiao: BUt before you go stripping off items like an emplooyee of a gentleman's club, relalize that OMFG SCRIPTs can get pretty pointless and dumb

[18:23] Tsume Xiao: Stop and look at what each script does.

[18:23] Tsume Xiao: Ok, So weapon X has 7 scripts. What do they do? They function the weapon and break apart the function for smoother more reliable running weapon.

[18:23] Tsume Xiao: Now, Things like your tail, yeah, you can pull tehm out.

[18:24] Tsume Xiao: But do not down your combat effeciency for OMG 3 SCRIPTS!

[18:24] Tsume Xiao: /end rant

[18:24] Tsume Xiao: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/9921-tsumes-guide-to-reducing-scripts

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Yuhara?

[18:24] Tsukiyomi Yuhara: for clarification, are you looking at equipment as well, for example, would Boost pack, Drop Pod, and a AA12 be included in that recommended 30. As per your forum post it says a Avatar shouldn't have more than 30. if gear alone has 15, that would in essense make the recommended amount 15. ;o Just for more clarification.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: No. "Needless."

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: "Neeeeedless."

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: I need my gun and jetpack to stomp faces.

[18:25] Tsukiyomi Yuhara: ok :D

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Hand?

[18:27] Disembodied Hand shouts: Just two things of note, first is stop bugging EMs, I have placed script scanner in the build area and you can go stand by that and get the info you need. Aswell, # of scripts doesnt necessarily mean script time is high. I have 34 scripts and run with a lower time than most people, just sayin.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: A scanner already exists in the radar room.

[18:27] Disembodied Hand shouts: will remove then, but use that and dont bug EMs either way.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: All right, movin' along.

[18:29] Tsume Xiao: I call Dibs

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Meet the Tyrant.

[18:29] Huttser Ishelwood: Mine!

[18:30] Ookamiwulf Lemton: falls asleep

[18:30] Disembodied Hand: Its not hovering, obviously you didnt add blinker fluid.

[18:30] Arokh Takakura: Will it marry me?

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Shhh.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: The Tyrant is replacement and the start of our new modular line to replace our current vehicle line.

[18:30] Liam Macalroy: Ooh, a series of ovals and spheres.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Replacement of the MBT, rather.

[18:31] Tsume Xiao: I just updated that :(

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Upon it's introduction, the Tyrant will replace both the Ultor and the Ira.

[18:33] Tsume Xiao: ;-;

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Its variants will phase out all of the other model vehicles.

[18:33] Tsume Xiao: ;---------;

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Unlike the current MBT, it will be able to seat a secondary gunner.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Permitting additional firepower with the addition of a turret gunner.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: We will be putting this vehicle into use as soon as possible. Its variants are planned later in the build cycle. Coming up next is the Interdictor dropship.

(missed comment here?)

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Indeedly do.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Now.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Going to go ahead and shelf the next topic for next week after losing my train of thought from a billion IMs.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: As promised: short meeting.

[18:41] Tsume Xiao Raises hand

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Xiao?

[18:44] Tsume Xiao: As of late, Display Names have become more and more common. However, something needs to be addressed about the appropriateness of chosen display names.

When you have a Display Name on, it is shown directly under your Ordo Imperialis tag, and thus directly links you to the group: without firing a gun or grunting some silly 40k phrase. This means that our allies, our enemies, even a common passerby. This means that you need to think about what you have as your name. Things like a slight name adjustment (Like Nikki's) or a Nick name ( Like erikkson -> Kiwi Foxtrot) are totally cool, but think twice about names that are, well just down right stupid, like "CAPITAIN MURRPURR (Firefox >:() or "DAS JUDEN" or other stupid shit. Keep it out of your display name when you are representing Ordo.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Heh-- I do not particularly care what folks opt to put in their display name.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: However, food for thought.

Meeting Close

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Now.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Post-meeting raid seems to already be lining up-- getting lots of requests. So I won't need to comment on that, hah.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be up by tomorrow.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: I will be running off for a bit after the meeting, however will likely be loitering on Ventrilo (in about twenty minutes) if needed.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Have a good night. Thank you all for coming, as always. I appreciate you taking time out of your Saturday to loiter around and listen to me ramble.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: That said. Dismissed and be well.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.