Clicky

Vesper Akiri

Fail on an epic scale

The reason they've done it is to stop You from doing other things in class aswell as to make the tutor feel as though he or she is important, cause there are probably people in the class who already know everything and are just there to get the qualification.

As for You losing money, I wouldn't say that unless You bought it specifically for college and don't use it as You main computer at home.

Diablos Korobase wrote:

The reason they've done it is to stop You from doing other things in class aswell as to make the tutor feel as though he or she is important, cause there are probably people in the class who already know everything and are just there to get the qualification.

As for You losing money, I wouldn't say that unless You bought it specifically for college and don't use it as You main computer at home.

Well it happened because some idiot (Not using a laptop) was caught hacking into the college network, stupidly he saved his "Haxor" files onto his college network drive. So immediately they thought "HE USED A LAPTOP BAN EM! D:<"

Plus in class i did my work plus there's nothing stopping the tutor from looking at my screen, especially with the way the rooms here are setup.

My college was laptop friendly but you generally had to use their laptops which were rented to you and you had the option of buying them at the end of the year for a dollar. All the tables were changed to have power and network adapters imbedded into them all the building was made wireless for the laptops that couldn't get a table with ports. To ban laptops totally would be a good idea if goofing off is a problem in the class but then again a cheap way to rectify it is to get the kids to close their laptops during class. =p

Well the thing with my college, is that me and the group of friends i've been with for the past 3 years with all do our work and have been the fastest to get assignments handed in, normally handing them in about 2-3 days early sometimes even a week. But the main cause for this ban of laptops is because:

1) Some idiot got caught hacking the network

2) They can't take control of our laptops, yet can easily just ask us to close it

3) They think we steal network cables even though there's a wireless connection in the college (Plus i got 350 meters of the stuff right next to me so i can make my own cable).

I would demand a college laptop but this college has so far not impressed me with their current computer systems, plus their technicians are bloody idiots, one of them banned a friend of mine for having WinRAR on his USB stick thinking it was a hacking program.

So yea...I'll just keep bringing my laptop in and they'll eventually allow them again, they can't forcefully remove me from the class for bringing a laptop to an ICT Course.