Clicky

Hollowmenphobia

Ordo Meeting 07MAY2011

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 319

Cadets: 8

Applications

New: 11

Accepted: 2

Denied: 3

Review: 6

Combat

Defensive: 106

Offensive: 19

Allied Assist: 1

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: relationship with EE building steadily; Ordo has supported the organization on the field several times this week. We will continue pursuing a strong friendly, but combat-active standing with them. Community activity relatively stable; school semester winding down, only a couple of weeks left until we hit prime-time summer for most folks. Activity spike across the board, especially for us, is imminent.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:00] Lt. Jim Dangle (hollowmengitus.yifu) raises hand for Terra.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:00] Lt. Jim Dangle (hollowmengitus.yifu) shouts: From Teron for Antesignani: Antesignani strived for an active raid week, and we're happy with our results. Aside the raiding, we've been active on defense as well, including happily giving 2142 their share of knocks in the recent attacks. Training concepts are being prepped for implimentation this coming week, as well as we are hoping to fill our remaining openings in our roster.

[18:01] Lt. Jim Dangle (hollowmengitus.yifu) shouts: From Afevis for Insidiae: Another slow week, we currently have an opening or two so contact either myself or Krow Ames to have a little chat regarding recruitment.

[18:01] Lt. Jim Dangle (hollowmengitus.yifu) shouts: From Stirn for Invictus: This week has been very productive for Invictus, having begun the final stages of scouting for those who have show interest in the squad. With a little luck we should be up to full strength again with the addition of some fresh blood. As far as training goes, Invictus has also begun minor routine training sessions with a few of the B-Century, increasing both A-1 activity and allowing abilities and skill sets to be shared between participants. Finally Invictus has created a Minecraft Server, we have no idea why we did it, we just did. Anyone who wants to get in on the craftin' just needs to ask for the IP. All and all its been a pretty good week for A-1.

[18:01] Lt. Jim Dangle (hollowmengitus.yifu) shouts: From Thatguy for Cohors B: Increase in activity from members within Cohors B, happy to see those results. On top of this, there were a few meets from a couple of the CO's with their members. I will be planning some Century immersion training events for the upcoming week. Most likely just another Cohors B training event for us bros to be bros. Be sure you're keeping active, and remember, training and raids gives you QP :D.

[18:02] Lt. Jim Dangle (hollowmengitus.yifu) shouts: That concludes the Terra report.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Yifu. Additional reports this evening?

[18:02] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:02] Ethan Schuman shouts: This will be short. Astra activity is holding steady this week, and we've had a couple new pilots join the fold as well. Astra's training program is getting some revision, with new materials and equipment being added, paticularly in the Thanatos department. Our elite unit drafting is progressing well. Unit leads and command elements are going over the material and fleshing out the unit. All that remains now is a small conference with Cohors A command and we'll be ready to launch. I will be out of town for at least 10 days starting sometime next week. With that, Nikki will be holding down the fort while I'm gone.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman shouts: ON THAT NOTE, WE ARE DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A PLANE BUILDER.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman shouts: We have something specific in mind, so if you know someone who is very good with building and textures, please send them my way.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman shouts: That's all from us this week.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Final call.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Moving on.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Several topics for me to touch on today. I apologize if things are a bit piecemail, I didn't have the opportunity to flesh out my notes. As such, I am largely winging this. Heh!

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Those are always fun.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: To begin:

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: > Development

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: First off. Final animations for the Aegis suit are in progress, compliments of Mr. Karlfeldt. As soon as that's done, we will get it shipped off to scripting at a high priority. Fairly excited to see the unit on the field after all the development time invested in it. As a reminder, it will be a general unlock to all divisions-- classified under heavy weapon.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly. Mr. Mousehold provided some animation work to wrap up a sort of forgotten project -- the deployable Browning M2. I will be getting that in the queue for completion. Tentatively, it will likely feature a small amount of HP and provide general infantry a quick hard-point weapon in trade for losing mobility. Sort of a .. less extreme turret.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Gloom has taken the task of getting the 120mm underway. I gave him free run with the features, so it'll be a surprise to me too. Looking to maintain the basic functions of the Infernus, but with additional kicks to warrant a seperate mortar classification. As a 120mm, it will pack more punch than our current (soon to be phased) artillery piece.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note, Keller lost a degree of work on account of a hard-drive error. That includes the Adjudicator replacement, unfortunately. However, much to Disembodied's dismay, I decided to retask that item to him. It's at the top of the build queue and should see completion within short accord.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions regarding development?

[18:12] Sir Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt) raises haaaand

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Karlfeldt.

[18:13] Sir Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): Just also adding onto the notes, Scarlet may or may have a new weapon for Ordo in the line, tentatively named the Opitas for now. It may or may not replace either the outdated Schola rifle or the general-issue SCAR.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Thank you for adding that.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: I dislike the name greatly.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: just. For the record.

[18:14] Sir Markus Karlfeldt (mark.karlfeldt): Well I dislike your name so deal.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: ;]

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: > Weaponry Tier / Multi-Stage Items

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: I believe this is something we've touched on in the past, however as our armory expands it is quickly becoming a hot topic for development administration: the possibility of having stage items. As in, unlock X and Y to be able to unlock Z.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: This would permit general members to sort of specialize their loadouts-- getting the best of a couple worlds at the cost of having to hone their unlocks on a certain "path." To put it into perspective (this is entirely hypothetical, mind you), let's say . . if you unlock the boost pack and jetpack, you become eligible for a combination pack that you then have the capability to unlock.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: The same could definitely apply to small arms-- like, unlocking a GL and an advanced rifle, access to a more powerful assault rifle with an underslung (inb4 jokes).

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: My eventual goal here is to change the armory into a more of "shop" display, where you could sit there and look at a list and see a definitive "tree" of unlocks. Members would then be able to plan their unlocks out, specializing along a specific category to reach more advanced forms of their preferred weaponry.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Like . . Maverick could focus on shotgun related things, and eventually get a beltfed shotgun with lasers or some crap. Not really. But you get the idea.

[18:20] Maverick Garfield: :_:

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: This is still much of a "someday" project, as our armory is not large enough to support it. But there's definite intent to make it happen. Stay tuned as it develops further.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Questions before we move on? Try not to get wrapped up in details.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along, then.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: > Forum Structuring / Etc

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: As I idly mulled about how to best facilitate communications/topics on the fourms . . I came up with a few ideas that I am going to run with.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: First: going to move some major topics around and add a sort of "self-help" area to the forums. That way we can move all the tutorials and Ventrilo nonsense there, freeing up like 9432992 sticky posts from the general area.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Additionally, as a few of you may have already noticed . . going to introduce specific prefix to posts to give folks a "oh, this is something that definitely needs to be read." Or "hm! This may be important" sense.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: I'll post a whole list, but initially, if you see something that's prefixed with "Action Required," that's kind of command staff and my way of saying "policy change/clarification, read this or you will probably get yelled at."

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: As part of this, going to revisit the way the "standing order" thread is going -- I speculate not a whole lot of folks check that. Likely because it's not used as much as it should be. Haha.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Going to make it a running post, much like our NC/OIC log, with most recent changes reflected, while the top will list standing action items. That should make it a bit easier to keep track of, and elimiate the need for the 142142412 random posts that pop up in general about changes.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: If you run a specific division and need your policy reflected, or are curious if your policies ARE reflected, check the "Policy" section of the forums.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Make sure it's all up to date, or, if need be, that it's added.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Questions before we move on? :]

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Hokay.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: > The question about senior NCO status.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Increasingly, we've seen a strong number of folks reaching up for the upper end of NCO-- which is awesome. Kudos to you all! But as part of that, it is really important that we touch on what is really looked for once you push beyond E-5.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Most of the time, anything above E-5 entails holding some sort of position-- XO of a unit, Tactica control, Schola lead, CO of a century, IAC leads, Curia (etc).

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: The reason being, what we're really looking for is our E-6+ members to take an active involvement in the administrative elements to the group. We're looking to see folks invested beyond their own careers, specifically in the way of helping the growth of other members. This is exactly why I ask for a list of involvement when someone is looking to move beyond E-5.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: So definitely keep that in mind-- if you want to push into the senior NCO ranks, it will help you immensely to get involved. If you're curious as to how: best place to start is checking with your chain of command. If there's nothing available there, start bugging the secondary units-- IAC (Hollowmengitus), Tactica (Corsi), IEA (Zero Itamae), etc, etc.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Typon?

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Typhon.

[18:37] Typhon Solum (typhon.perun) shouts: I just put a post in the suggestion box that might help with this from my own RL military expeince regarding a position we already have in Ordo, the Adjunts. I know we just use them as paperpushes, but my own UISN experince shows there equivlents to be more like career councilers to those new to there divisions. Maybe we could look in to expanding those duties to inculde that as well to help with this.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: That's definitely at the discretion of your chain of command.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Takakakakakura?

[18:38] Arokh Takakura: Curia's consilliators, namely Sosarin act as some fine Career counsellors for any division of Ordo and are available at your beck and call at any time they are online, including myself.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: True that.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Any last questions?

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Right-o.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: That's it, then. Easy meeting tonight. Thank you all for coming. As always, I appreciate it. Promotions will be up tomorrow. Let's get some raids a'rolling. Anyone who has taken a Tier 1 session of ART and would like to do an observation run, IM me after this meeting immediately so I can sneak you into a raid. :]

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed. Have a great night and a good weekend!

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.