Clicky

Vesper Akiri

Weekly Ordo Meeting - 03JULY2011

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 317

Cadets: 7

Applications

New: 10

Accepted: 2

Denied: 3

Review: 5

Combat

Defensive: 105

Offensive: 16

Allied Assist: 0

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes / weekly summary: modest slow down on raid numbers; tipped a tad under our three a day average. Notably, what we lacked in numbers was largely made up in quality—multiple, strong interactions over this week, including a first touch at 2142’s new build. Diplomatically, stability remains on all fronts. Positive increases to be noted in connections: exploring more amicable relations with Grand Federation and the 39th Blackwatch. All in all, not a bad week, considering the chaos between a large number of folks returning from AC, holiday on Sunday, and the catch up period after AC. Next week will no doubt be an improvement as we refocus on ensuring our raid quota is fulfilled with quality match up.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: As a side note: all functions are back to normal at this time. ART tomorrow at 5:00, so on and so forth.

Units reports this evening?

[18:03] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: Let's see... what do we have this week? Firstly, Palaestra has slowed down while Sebris is off searching for Atlantis. In spite of this, Palaestra training rates are still well above acceptable. Xoza's working on some more toys for training purposes, and I believe Sebris has a couple new supplemental course materials that he intends to refine and institute. Both Reapers and Aquila continue to function smoothly, keeping things in the Tactical Squadron relatively quiet. Individual members have been showing initiative to increase activity, and we've had a couple events run by regular flight members. Despite the frequency of events, the regularity of our activity is uncertain at best. In order to address this, all Astra unit leads will be filling out an available time schedule, and we'll set up certain events that occur consistently. These events will be hosted during time slots where a couple people are available so that the presence of a host and execution of the event is all but guaranteed, so that you can co

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: unt on something happening if you show up. Letalis training and certification continues to progress with Scarlet developing courses and placing a high priority on training. I'm not sure on the official deployment deadline, but I'm pleased with what I've seen so far, so I know it will be worth the wait.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: Last thing I want to mention is that at some point this week, we'll probably host a fun event for Astra so that people can get together, socialize, and grow closer to one another. I don't know what day we'll do this, if we do, but I'll try to have it at a time when a lot of people are available. The more, the merrier. Besides, Hyperball is much more fun with bigger teams.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman: That concludes the Astra report for this week.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Thank you.

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand like a boss

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu?

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu: From Pr0wer for Invictus: Overall this week was fairly active in raids and a couple minor trainings in the kill house. Next week coming expect to see a lot more group related raids so keep your eyes peeled in the notices and group chat to have your name engraved into the wall of fallen heroes. Also last but certainly not least we would like to introduce three new people into the extended medical coverage…I mean into the squad that makes sure our drop pods are completely up to date with safety regulations as Blaze Wiles, PiDelia Magic and Tonet Millar!

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Aryte hacked my report and made a part of it stupid. I don't know yet.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia shouts: I was lying, actually.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: I am betrayed.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Huttser for Evalidus: Hola ! Activity for the Evalidus has been a little bit lower then usual on this week due some RL issues across the squad but no matter, we will strike twice as hard next week to make it up. We are still trying to make up logos and neat stuff for the squad so if you have any suggestions or ideas for the logos, gear, hats or you just want to bake a pie, please send all the IMs to Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp. Otherwise, don't let the heat mess up your heads, enjoy a nice ice cold brewskie !

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: <3

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Afevis for Insidiae: Insidiae would like to congragulate Bracket Crowley on his new position as the Director of Schola. Other then that, we still have some spots open so get those applications in! :]

[18:07] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Kyra for Praescius: From what the forum is reporting, everyone in Praescius has had a relatively active week! Additionally, we have gained a member from Victrix. Please give a warm welcome to Yoki Mistwalker, who is also known as Squeeks! From everyone in Praescius, stay safe, and have a happy Fourth of July!

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: (Yay Yoki.)

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Stirn for Saevitas: This week has seen several transfers in and out of Seavitas. To begin I'd like to welcome Arokh into A-5 as our newest transfer, welcome to the Century! Moving on to the subject of gear. Idea's and concepts are already being collected for new possible future gear for Saevitas. On a final note, as always anyone is welcome to drop in on A-5 trainings, if you're interested just send myself or Singularity an IM.

[18:08] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: From Thatguy for Cohors B: First thing's first, Happy Birthday Artie Fartie. Secondly, not a whole lot going on this week. I'd like to make a reminder for members in B-I: if you're going to be in B-I, please be sure to make it out on that one raid a week. There has been several sit downs with several Cohors B staff members, getting things checked and in order. Pr0wer and myself will be hosting a Cohors B meeting sometime in the near future to talk over a few things, mostly activity things and Century doings.

[18:09] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: That's all for Terra.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :] May your Orca rest in peace (pieces).

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:09] Kyra Vixen raises her paw.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Vixen?

[18:09] Kyra Vixen: This week in the Wild World of the Grid, Vaelkyr reopened for combat. Coalition Order has also moved regions, from Strike to Lockout. Their region is still a homestead, so nothing much has changed in that realm. It would also appear that DKR/RoG's region, The Fatherland, is offline. It is unknown at this time if this means they have died, but their folder will remain on the Tactica board for the near future. If you have any information on the whereabouts of DKR, also known as the Republic of Germany, or you have any information on other militaries, please contact Tactica at 1-800-COMPASS. Ask for Kyra Vixen, or Acheron Gloom. Do not attempt to approach RoG yourself, as they may be armed and dangerous. Join us next week, on Tactica's Most Wanted: Weekly Report edition. Stay safe, and have a happy Fourth of July.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah. Thank you, Kyra. Someone try that number.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Final call for reports.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Moving on.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: This shouldn’t take toooo long, but, much to be said on account of last week’s meeting being during the AC period.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: First off:

> Birthday Note

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes today. I appreciate it very much. I will more than likely be off for a bit this evening, after the meeting, to go do some festive alcoholism and consumption of way too much food. Yay birthday.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: > Development

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Rejoice. The TI ACR is out. After a many days of pouring his blood, sweat, and tears into the development, Mr. Xiao wrapped up all the final touches a few days ago. Thank you to everyone who put investment into the weapon. It has been doing really well, so, awesomeness. It’s a pretty bitchin’ gun. I would say I’ll marry it, but I’ve already married like fifty other guns. Getting crowded in mi casa.

[18:14] Ethan Schuman: YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

[18:14] Dresden Xaris: I'd be more worried about the bed.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Shhhh. Rofl.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Aegis power armor. As far as I understand she is damn close to completion. Failing that, Mr. Xiao has more blood, sweat, and tears left to give—so we can negotiate its finish with some coercion. Allocation for work on the new Adjudicator has not yet begun. Will be sorting that out today, time permitting.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: A new piece of hardware to announce: first of the Tyrant’s additional turrets. It is rezzed in front of me for your viewing pleasure. This will be the replacement variant for the Infensus, with a primary anti-infantry/anti-air capability. Compliments of SL’s typical combat problems and armor being collision based, it will still pack a pretty hard punch against enemy vehicles. No indication as to when scripting will begin, however as the primary elements of the weapon are already done, it shouldn’t take very long at all. Individuals with access to the Infensus will automatically unlock this variant.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: This month’s core model projects are attire variants for the new units, along with a large vehicle project. The vehicle will be a gunship model, VTOL, quasi-futuristic helicopter. Conceptualization for the latter has finished and I do believe Mr. Hand has begun the modeling.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: And finally, the replacement primary HUD: models have been completed and compilation of the various scripting projects is in progress. Things are starting to look pretty good. A bit behind on the intended release date, however progress is solid and indicative of completion within the near future. Kudos to everyone involved in that project, I know it has been a bit nerve wracking, if not outright challenging. However, we’ve learned a lot from it. So again, thank you.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on~

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: > Reaffirmations

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Couple things to touch on as a reminder. First off: base command. We should really be striving to ensure that overall base command is in the hands of at least a senior NCO, preferably an officer. That’s not to say that junior NCOs and enlistees aren’t doing an awesome job (or aren’t simply being stuck with it by lack of seniors stepping up). I totally understand that many times it’s not an E-3 going “MINE~” and snatching it, but more of an E-3 going “no one? Ok fine.” Kudos to said individuals—I am not knocking you in the least. Simply, it is faaar preferable that said E-3 is the SOG, with someone more vetted holding the overall role.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: There are a lot of benefits to this: for example, training the lower ranked individual on how to handle difficult situations, giving the lower ranked member someone to fall back on when something is out of the ordinary.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: We go through this from time to time—I understand why. Senior NCOs, officers, and myself are typically busy doing something else. But we all need to refocus and step up: take OIC, appoint an SOG.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly. Raid leaderships. If you are leading a raid, be sure you strive to make it a quality interaction. If you encounter speed bumps, call in someone who may be more voiced in the area, or generally a more senior raid leader. We’ve done really phenomenally well at spreading out “who” leads raids, and for the most part they’re all quality, excellent raids—so keep it up, but remember to use your resources when they arise.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: I know one topic that goes along with that is “when’s another raid leadership course going to be held?” Good question. I have no idea. As soon as I can manage. I really want to make ART more routine before undertaking it.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Aaaand lastly: night time remains a super popular time to come take pot shots at the Ordo. If a reinforcement call comes, please consider giving a few minutes of your time to pop by. I totally understand, 3 AM is not the best time to fight off a Mongolian horde, but, it happens. Haha. Even just ten minutes at 3 AM can make a huge difference. As a side note—MAJOR props to the night crew. We see a LOT of good stuff coming out of that time zone. Just. Pure badassery.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions before we move on?

[18:26] Tsume Xiao: Yes

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Shoot.

[18:27] Tsume Xiao: Did Faril jump out of a cake for you this year?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: No, lol.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Annny other questions? Lol.

[18:28] Rykiana Ferina raises a hand

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Rykiana? :]

[18:28] Rykiana Ferina shouts: as far as the teamspeak three testing goes, where are we on that ? is testing complete ? will it be implimented ?

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: I will be posting a poll for that in the next couple o' days.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: It's an officer topic for tomorrow.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: > Have I missed anything?

With all the recent events, I have lost track of some stuff that I was working on. If I haven’t given you feedback or contact regarding something I was helping you with (or said I’d help you with), please nudge me to make sure I haven’t dropped the ball. There’s nothing I hate more, so don’t be afraid to speak up. I am pretty sure I have most, if not everything written down on my handy notebook, but, just encase!

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd lastly:

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: > July 4th

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: It's a pretty big holiday for most of us. I am wary about doing two days off within such a short time period. BUT, well. We'll play it by ear.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Also I lied. Lastly:

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: > Ordo Swag

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: If you haven't looked, check it out: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/12494-rl-ordo-gear-for-sale/

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: BurrWolf has put together some really badass stuff.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: I have .. a small collection already. I wear the hat he gave me all the time. It's pretty win. He can made just about everythin'.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Even banners.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: They're really good. Not crappy Cafe Press iron ons.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: I have friends who aren't Ordo or even play SL who want t-shirts, so, haha.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: CHECK IT OUT~ that is all.

[18:34] Mark Karlfeldt raises hand

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Karlfeldt?

[18:34] Mark Karlfeldt: Does that mean Burrwolf is now Munitorum?

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: RL Munitorum.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Lol.

[18:35] Mark Karlfeldt: Snap.

[18:35] Arokh Takakura: [That would include me too, then]

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Now he just needs to take up blacksmithing.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Oh snap, yeah.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Arokh too.

[18:35] Arokh Takakura: MY MOTORBIKE IS NEXT.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Hahahha.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: I am gonna hop off and get dinner. I'll be back in a bit. Thank you all for coming. Good meetin'. Promotions will be up tomorrow. GO RAID. LOTS OF THEM. Especially if July 4th is a day off, you have to make up for it now! >;o

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Many classes held this week for Schola and Armatura as well as some spring cleaning of the rosters took place. :]

A successor was finally picked about a week ago to replace me as the Schola Director. Congratulations to Bracket Crowley!

Also Keep in mind Directors to double check your reports. There was an incident were a Magister was overlooked when adding up QP for classes taught. But I took care of it.

• Other things to note in the IEA: The NCO-A course materials are still going through implementation process which is mostly testing them out on actual individuals at the moment. Ideas are floating around on possible further development of things within the IEA such as how courses and material development are handled compared to how they are currently. A box of Hawkeyes were handed out via “IEA Staff” group for Magisters who did not have them to give out when meeting Hawkeye requirements. And any Magister applications that were sent in are being processed still if you have not heard back from us yet.

And as always if your unaware or looking to apply to be a Magister: http://forums.ordoim...nt-application/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.