Clicky

Aryte

The Ordo Imperialis: Science of Saluting

The Ordo Imperialis: Science of Saluting

Saluting is, admittedly, one of the simplest and most basic forms of military demeanor. Although base, the practice within itself is also one of the most important foundations for proper displays of adherence to protocol. A salute is much more than a random gesture, or a quirky one liner to spam at the end of meetings: it is an active, cognizant display of professionalism, honor, and respect.

The birthplace of the tradition is not entirely known. One theory is that saluting began during the medieval ages, when armored warriors would raise their visors upon approaching another soldier as a sign of reverence and good will. Another theory is that the Romans developed the concept, as it was considered respectful of legionnaires to shade their eyes from the radiance of their superior officers.

Regardless of its start historically, saluting within the Ordo Imperialis is an expected practice, particularly as a demonstration of formality and brotherhood. At first, knowing when to salute can certainly be tricky. But after a little time and practice, anyone can get the hang of it.

>>> Part I: The Basics

Ia. Saluting within the Ordo Imperialis is not intended to mirror any specific style or agency within the real world: do not get hung up on what you

Just to help clarify: Generally if a group is waiting on an officer to show up, the highest ranking person in the group will be in charge of that group and will call the salute. However, if a group is just milling about and an officer shows up, then generally the first person to notice will announce the presence of the officer and salute for the group.

I personally don't like being both saluted or addressed as Sir since I'm British, but if I am saluted I will return the salute in respect to them for showing Me respect.

I would like to thank the Imperator for posting this thread as I'm sure we have afew member who aren't fully sure who to salute and when its appropriate, so should should feel the benefit of having this thread to refer to.

It would also be good if this was added to the handbook also if its not already in there.