Clicky

frisk Yifu

13AUG11 - Ordo Weekly Meeting

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 316

Cadets: 2

Applications

New: 13

Accepted: 1

Denied: 7

Review: 5

Combat

Defensive: 114

Offensive: 25

Allied Assist: 1

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic report: Grim Troops will be kaput as of 23AUG11. Their leader, Outcast Core, cites he “doesn’t want to give up his real life for an internet life.” He was certain to note that people like “Lurdan Huszar and Aryte Vesperia” have done so. Not that I have a successful career, a college education, so on and so forth. That’s code talk for “I give up, because my accounts keep getting banned every week because I did bad things like copybotting and sim crashing.” Oh well. Bye Grim Troops.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:00] Nikki Aquitaine: o/

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Aquitaine.

[18:01] Nikki Aquitaine shouts: Ethan said, "I'd like to offer my apologies to my staff. I was detained unavoidably, and had forgotten my phone. I'll start with a brief summary of what's going on in our court, and then move to some good news.

[18:01] Nikki Aquitaine shouts: "Aquila activity has been good, and Xoza has been working very hard on a couple of projects, including our new fighter. Reapers has had to press on without its CO for a little while, as Rei had to have major surgery and has been on painkillers. Achtai has picked up the slack, though, and has been holding down the fort while Rei recovers. Activity is a little low, but we did have a group raid a few days ago that turned out quite well. Xoza's Friday Flight Nights have also been drawing attention, so both of these activities will be increasing in frequency, and I'm going to have Scarlet start launching some Letalis activities to engage the whole group as well. Sebris has been adding content to Palaestra to increase available training for the Liberator, and we're all standing by for the completion of the gunship so that qualification courses can be developed for it.

[18:01] Nikki Aquitaine shouts: "I'd also like to take a moment to state that the brainstorming event with Ark and 2142 went amazingly well. All three of our groups are in agreement on a number of issues, and while we each have different ways we think we should approach them, we're going to simultaneously attempt all development courses, and then combine the best of each at the end. If all goes according to plan, we'll have definitive air to ground RoEs that apply across multiple sims (hopefully including New Jessie) by mid September."

[18:01] Nikki Aquitaine shouts: :D That's all from Astra.

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome, thank you.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu?

[18:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: This week has been quite eventful for Invictus, first off I want to congratulate Shizzerk for being appointed my XO so now you guys have another person to bother for prfs (thanks bro :D) and will be doing periodic group raids. Also there has been a couple of notices sent out in the group of which can be read on the forums, if you don’t have access to the forums please do alert me that way we can get you all fixed up. In addition, on the forums there is a section for availability times pinned so please do fill that asap that way we can actively hold trainings to best fit your schedule! Finally as usual keep your raids up guys making me proud :D

[18:03] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Do you think that fire support is the way for you? Do you prefer a light machine gun to an assault rifle? Do you tend to hang back and light a street up with supressive fire instead of charging in head first baoynets fixed? If any of the above sound like you then Evalidus is the squad for you! Would you like to know more? Contact either Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp.

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: We have cookies and a wide variety of explosives disguised as candy bars, join us. :]

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: ^ Insidiae.

[18:04] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Great week for Praescius, A-4 been really active today, most of A-4 are getting their raids back up. Plus welcome Vincent Kroitschov a new member in the squad. We still have a few slots open contact ether Kyra Vixen or Ookamiwulf Lemton for recruitment.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Another good week for A-5, activity is on the rise while training and documentation continues to advance thanks to the efforts of Singularity and Ryu. Great job, both of you! On a final note those of you interested in Saevitas, feel free to attend our weekly training sessions. Send Singularity or Stirn an IM if you need the dates and times.

[18:05] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: A somewhat more than average week occurred in /b/. People were trolled, prfs were filed, trainings were held and tsuki needs to bake more cake. In other news a recent spike of people have been wondering about Cohor A squads which I encourage you to have a sit down or even raid with people in the squads to get a more firsthand idea about what they are all about! Also final note here to new guys, make sure you do your promotion menus found on the website to make yourself eligible for promotions and partake in secondary, yet very important, groups we have here in Ordo.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: And that's not all! There's more. :D

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts: Public Service Announcement (From Pr0wer):

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu shouts:

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: I DIDN'T THINK YOU'D REMEMBER I SAID YOU COULD DO THAT.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Rofl.

[18:06] Hollowmengitus Yifu: :J

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on. Any additional reports?

[18:07] Kyra DeAllura Kitsune raises her paw for Tactica.

[18:07] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Vixen.

[18:07] Kyra DeAllura Kitsune: CATI has exited rebuild status, taking to the sky with what looks like a Tron-inspired design, multiple platforms, with a jump-pad system to get in between platforms and objectives. Grand Federation may or may not be splintering soon, as it seems one of our raids there either triggered, or uncovered an internal coup d'état within GF, resulting in one side of GF surrendering to our raid team. Current status on the board will remain as "open", unless we learn more. Kratus Mepita has also resurfaced, though where it will end up, grid-wise, is unknown.

There has also been a classification change for targets this week, after consulting with the Office of the Imperator. The Megiddo has shifted from NCO to Officer, based on the region's difficulty, and reported instances of ruls being changed mid-raid. Final order of business for the week, we seem to have lost at minimum two militaries. First, Delta Force is dead, confirmed by group notice, 2142 Recon contacts, and the builder of their region having it returned.

[18:07] Kyra DeAllura Kitsune: Second, per 2142 Recon, Ironostics seems to be on the way out, as Rhino Rain has joined 2142. Delta Force's folder has been removed from the board, while Ironosics has been marked as dead/unattackable. This concludes this week's Tactica report.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python?

[18:08] Drasamax Python shouts: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Few classes held this week in Schola/Armatura. I am told/seen all the active cadets were graduated last week in Schola except for a recent one that is already out of schola now. But I don't see why Armatura is dead for classes if thats the case. :[ Please hold some classes if you can. Reports turned in on time.

[18:08] Drasamax Python shouts: A optional graduation survey was implemented this week. Directors/Deacons will be handling giving them out to graduates in either Schola, Armatura, or Ludi and getting them back for weekly reports. The surveys are going to help the IEA get feedback on magisters, classes, and what might need to be changed. As mentioned in the begginning they are optional and they are also anonymous surveys.

[18:08] Drasamax Python shouts: For any new people here who haven't heard me say this every week. Schola/Armatura Magister application is found here:
/>http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks. :]

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Any final reports?

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Great. Movin' on.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: > Development

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: First up: Anlysia assembled the majority of the HUD yesterday. Final touches (grenades and such) are being added. Functionality wise, Anlysia reports that everything appears to be working great. COMs are active and integrated. GCOM functional. Goto:TP working. Channel listener off/on functional (yay). All in all, it should be out for release in the near future.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Malice planning and basic scripting is underway. The drive core is relatively functional—both armored and unarmored. As is, the weaponry load out and deployment of the Malice will be a bit unique if the technical portions can be hammered out. In essence, there will be unlock potentials for pilots: there will be a couple levels, each increasing the power, weaponry ammunition (etc) of the gunship. This is something, if we can get it functional, that we will definitely be exploring for the rest of Astra’s craft.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, is there anything specific that you all would like to hear about? We have a pretty large pile of projects ongoing. Any updates you want to hear about?

[18:12] Strealok Moskalev raises his hand

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Strealok?

[18:12] Markpuff raises hand.

[18:12] Strealok Moskalev: I noticed you've got a new set of armour on, is that a concept for new uniforms?

[18:13] Kurama Bingyi wants to raise his hand after Mark.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: It's my armor. I've had it for a while.

[18:13] Strealok Moskalev: Ah.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Mark?

[18:13] Markpuff: First, why would we make new armour when Mesh is around the corner

[18:14] Markpuff: Secondly, http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/14365-armoury-upgrade-charter-draft/ - Read. Post. Bitch about things so I can make them better. That is all.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: We aren't. We're waitin'.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Kurama?

[18:15] Kurama Bingyi: My question's mostly pertaining to Alpha Squad armor. Can we expect anything to change with already-existing armor mods, such as Invictus, Evalidus/Antesignani, and Insidiae? Or since mesh is coming out, will we be getting something new? Or should I be bothering Disembodied with this?

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Existing mods won't be changing in the foreseeable future. The 4th and 5th unit will be receiving mods of their own likely once mesh is live. And no, don't bother Disembodied. He builds, not make the decisions.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Good questions. Movin' on.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: > Kudos

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Before we move on, I want to take the opportunity to give some public kudos to both Astra and Curia for their performance as of late. Not that the rest of you aren’t awesome. Just, they’ve been clawing to progress.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Astra: we all know how much of a pain maintaining air combat is, but you are all doing a phenomenal job keeping engaged. There really is not any direction but “up” for us on this matter. Keep to it. Major props to all levels of Astra command—from Schuman, down to the flight leads. Especially Sebris; you are really taking names and getting shit done in the training department.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, Curia: probably one of the most thankless roles in Ordo, but you guys are all really making headway in streamlined, friendly processes. You have a solid Lictor staff and some serious experience in the Consul ranks; Kisho, Heather, and Kristian are all badasses in their own right. I will try my darndest to give you all more attention as we go forward. There is a lot of paperwork and policy for Curia members to chew on—I have some ideas to help there.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: > Estate Appointment

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Appointment to our vacant estate management spot will be finalized this weekend. It will be discussed for finality at the officer meeting tomorrow. We will be ensuring the individual who takes the position is one that predominantly is active in the early morning/early day hours. Time and time again, that time window appears to be the most commonly exploited by not-nice-people.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: On that note: we did have a couple “griefer” attacks earlier this week that affected the hub spawn. Basically, they used the fact object spawning was permitted in the OPFOR parcel to overload the parcel/force return on a part of the HUB. That should be fixed and impossible to do at this time. Our main parcel is relatively safe—it would take a huge amount of prims to cause the same incident on the main chunk of land.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: > Officer Slot / Follow-Up on OCA

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: One of my assistants, Mr. Teron Gray, compiled all of the OCA results over the week. I will be communicating with all applicants as to how they did and what to expect next. The officer staff discussed at length last week in regards to how to handle “qualified” individuals while we do not have the spots to fill.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Although we entertained the idea of a warrant role, the decision we ultimately made was to award the Administratio Qualification merit as a mark of honor. In addition to which, qualified applicants will be placed into a queue for appointment when vacancies arise.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: As a recap: officer vacancies occur when the group’s size reaches levels that require additional officers (not to exceed 15% of total membership), or when an officer spot is vacated by an existing member of the Tribunus.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Annnnd lastly:

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: > Keynote

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: For tonight’s primary topic, I would like to recap on our success this summer and lay out a path for our Fall quarter. To begin: classes are starting back up for a significant number of members within the next couple of weeks (if they haven’t already). Best of luck to anyone going into their next semester: I hope you all are successful with your education and do well! Just, don’t be a stranger.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Every summer is a pretty big event for the military community. Most commonly, it is a period of growth—not only for us, but in general. We saw a fair rise in small groups, while enemy factions abroad picked up some manpower. Overall, activity was really solid.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Internally, it provided the Ordo the opportunity to hone in on some personnel projects that we have been chewing on. Notably, the inactive personnel culling—over the course of the summer, we pruned over forty individuals and replaced them with active participants, leaving the group stable around 310 members. We will definitely continue with this process, until which time the group’s active membership levels warrant need to grow beyond 300.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Developmental wise, we saw a great deal of success in expanding and honing our overall armory. This process is still well underway. Going forward, we will be exploring a total refresh on the way we distribute and produce gear—by 2012, I am looking to see our armory reshaped away from lockers and replaced with sort of holographic panels (example: the TI vendor pictures). Additionally, we will be pursuing the replacement of any aging materials. Any item we do replace will be swapped to a more “energy weapon” style, with multiple tiers of unlock. For example, if we replace the SCAR: the new basic assault rifle would have a series of tiers, each progressively more potent, with more features and options for the user.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Externally, the Ordo will continue to pursue combat opportunity and interaction. As a large organization, we have the excellent and rare opportunity to really focus on offensive actions. This summer, we saw a huge explosion of activity on that front—our average went from 1, to 2, to an awesome 3 deployments daily. Currently, we were edging toward an average of /4/ a day. We will continue to focus on deployments, while improving our homeland to be more receptive of defensive action. Even as is—over the summer and continuing now, we have an average of 108 defense actions a week.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: To complement our battle success abroad, we will explore interaction on the battlefield with the Merczateers. For a very long time, the Mercz and Ordo have avoided conflict out of interest of ensuring lasting ties—both Mercz and Ordo command agree that friendly combat is not impossible, so we will be giving it a try in controlled, team vs. team scenarios.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Over the next few months, it is normal that general activity in the community will dip—we have not seen a huge slump as of yet, however it is still possible once school gets in to full swing. The Ordo has the benefit of having a general personnel pool that is strong enough to remain active, but groups abroad tend not to have that luxury. As such, we will increase focus on maintaining our prowess with complex training interactions, along with exploring other routes of entertainment.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Although our focus always includes group functionality, any slow down abroad will provide us an excellent opportunity to really fine tune and streamline our processes. Throughout the next few months, my staff and I will take a critical look at every division—we will isolate any areas that could be improved, mend them, or replace them. We will be ready for the December activity surge and actively pursue large scale campaign movements throughout the winter months.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: That saaaaid. Thank you all for coming. I am going to go grab some dinner, but I'll be on the rest of the night doin' my usual thing (pushing AFK people off ledges). Very, very good job on the raids this week-- totally impressed. Almost an average of 4. Promotions will be up tomorrow.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed. :]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.