Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eriksson Foxtrot

20AUG11 - Ordo Weekly Meeting

[17:58] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

> Statistics

Members: 314

Cadets: 4

Applications

New: 11

Accepted: 1

Denied: 4

Review: 6

Combat

Defensive: 131

Offensive: 18

Allied Assist: 0

> Diplomatic report

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic report: surprisingly, our defense activities have actually been on the rise. It was expected that with school, we would experience a lag there . . . buuuut, that does not seem to be the case. Offensive deployments have dipped slightly, but have maintained just under the three a day expectation. As such, we’ve had a pretty good week all around. Abroad, militaries remain rather tumultuous—Grand Federation had a coup, an uncoup, and a re-coup over the course of a couple of days. Initial reports indicated GF was dead, but they appear to be clawing toward some level of survival.

> Unit Reports

Astra

[18:01] Ethan Schuman shouts: I'd like to start this week's report by thanking and congratulating those who showed up to the skirmish with 2142 last night. I've heard nothing but positive feedback from it, so I'm glad to hear that everyone had fun. I'd like to do it again this next Friday as well, so I'll see if I can get Sebris to arrange it. If things turn out well again, we'll move to make it a regular thing. I personally feel that it'd be a great way to not only let members of both groups mingle together in an atmosphere of good sportsmanship, but also a great way for each group to show off, test, and receive feedback on new things in development, like our gunship and the project 2142 is currently working on. It absolutely delights me to see two groups that have had issues in the past putting those aside and just having fun. I hope it's a trend we can continue.

[18:01] Ethan Schuman shouts: Speaking of projects under development, I have yet to see it myself, but Nikki tells me the gunship is moving along nicely. Likewise, Disembodied is progressing with our frigate, but I'm not sure how complete it is. The last high priority project under development is our new mesh fighter. Under the now official project designation Phantom, the new fighter will feature multiple flight modes that combine our traditional sit with Nemesis style sit and attach style flight, as well as a new forward thrust flight style. Traditionally, I've been a huge opponent of forward thrust, but Ark's concept fighter is amazing, so I think it's worth a try.

[18:02] Ethan Schuman shouts: ...and since it seems the notecard didn't save my flight summary stuff for the week, I'll post that in our forums later. That's all from Astra for the week.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Thank you.

Terra

Invictus: Overall Invictus had an extremely productive week! Yesterday we went on a couple of squad raids and made people shiver seeing a wave of Ordo overwhelm their defense line almost as quickly as hollow trying to crack a joke. Tonight there will be a roster posted of activity based on times you guys gave me so expect more events to be held finally I will like to have you guys take part of ART tomorrow if possible, would mean a lot to Aryte.

Evalidus: Not alot happened in Evalidus this week with internal development continuing. In other news, here is some free dubstep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsw3TaZbOno

Insidiae: Bracket Crowley has finally succeeded in his assassination of Afevis and has taken over as XO of Insidiae. Pay no attention to the afevis behind Praescius. Also: cookies were retained during said assassination, and now taste 100% More piratey. :>

Praescius: Well it's that time again, yet another Praescius post. What up with it, well here by we been active for quite some time and still maintaining it. Our number are starting to grow and we're getting stronger everyday. On top of that Afevis will now be assuming CO position for Praescius, Congratz to him. Also Recently Praescius Lead a Squad raid to AN, and we achieve victory. They beg us to leave, but we kept beating the hell out them that they payed aryte 50l just to get us out of there. Overall Praesciuis had an awesome week full of fun and activity. Don't forget, wanna join and experiance all the fun and exciment? Join Praescius, contact both Afevis Sodertelge and Ookamiwulf lemton for more info about it.

Saevitas: Once again, a fine week for A-5, despite a close call with a syruping incident from Kiwi. On a note of recruitment, A-5 has begun looking into several possible hopefulls, if you're someone who is interested in Saevitas, make sure you send either Stirn of Singularity an IM!

Cohors B: Solid week for Cohor B, no major changes occurred but there has been an increase in training related events in B-1. I would also like to make an announcement if you are in B-2 that you should try your best to make the meeting that Marcus has been trying to set up for you guys, it’s crucial to help him get things arranged for future events! If you feel that you want to be transferred from B to C or even within B it let your CO/XO or I know. Closing note, Thatguy said he may be coming back on Monday so when you do see him please annoy him for me and if you don’t know him it’s a chance for you to get to know him by annoying him some more so don’t be shy!

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:05] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python?

[18:05] Drasamax Python shouts: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Few classes held in Schola this week which I understand is slow right now because of the amount of cadets left and if they are active or not. No classes held in Armatura this week. Nothing for Ludi either so it'd be appreciated if some are held for next week. (Hint hint those of you who can teach NCO-A especially.)

[18:06] Drasamax Python shouts: Not much else has gone on this week in the IEA besides removing some inactive magisters, I'd say things are just slow all around. There is a planned Schola revamp that will rework our Schola program sometime but there is no definite date yet when we'll start working on this.

[18:06] Drasamax Python shouts: If you have not seen this topic yet Kaska Czarny posted a NCO-A sign up for those interested in taking the NCO-A classes. It can be found here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/14573-ordo-nco-academy/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call for reports this evening?

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Moving on.

> Development

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Initial testing of the new primary HUD appears to be going well; no substantive issues have been reported thus far. Wide beta release pending as tweaks to core component functionality continues. Overall, a working, distributable model will be vendored in the near future.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Adjudicator release has been completed. If you grabbed the initial version of the new weapon, be sure to go nab an update. There were a couple of errors with the munitions that were corrected about an hour after distribution. The weapon itself is a major upgrade to the archaic, original Adjudicator. Although more compact, the functionality is more combat friendly—the secondary fire, the “heavy” element of it is quickly accessible (and often accidentally, in my case) via the C key.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Malice gunship flight testing is going well. The fly style is a bit unique in comparison to typical aircraft—however, it really adds to the feeling of flying a sort of “rotary” craft. Thus far, I am rather impressed. However, armaments, full combat capable versions, and armored versions will be the real demonstration of capability.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Our light “frigate” grade vessel has been entirely modeled. The texturing is being handled as we speak. We will pause on creating the “cruiser” and “dreadnaught” grade vessels until full examination of implementation of the “frigate” grade. The vessels will be individually named, sporting unique designations—each will bear a title from current and retired members who have performed honorable feats for the Ordo. Although deployment of these heavy hitters may be limited, it will provide a heavy heel to the arsenal when we run into militaries like the Alliance Navy.

> ART

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, a big shout out to everyone who has been involved and participating in the ART. Over the last few months, I have seen a huge increase in ART functionality on the battlefield: the use of short hand, battle buddies, and effective team work have become a relative norm. This is deeply impressing to me and really goes to show the capability of the Ordo when we put our mind to something. We have challenged the norms and taken it a step higher.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Tomorrow will be the first Tier 2 course. This will be for individuals who have completed Tier 1 with a qualifier only. It will be a bit haphazard—we’ll be working out bugs as we go. Bring your A game and get ready for some carnage. 5:00 PM SLT.

[18:14] Arokh Takakura raises his lamp-post.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Yes?

[18:15] Arokh Takakura: ART that isn't 1am sunday night for us europeans?

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Probably not for a while. Explanation in later topic.

> OIC Commitments

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder: it is generally the intent and goal to maintain an officer level command during interactions on base. The officer staff, does, however, have a wide range of responsibilities that often time detracts from their availability to maintain the OIC status. The Tribunus as a whole has made the commitment to hold the position as often as possible. Nevertheless, taking command of the base as an NCO or enlistee is still a valid item. It is a great opportunity for enlisted personnel to really get their feet wet and practice command talents. It is preferable; however, that such experience is done as an “SOG” to an officer OIC.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Regardless, if you are enlisted—don’t be shy. Feel free to take command of the base. An officer will relieve you if they feel it necessary.

> Time Limitations

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: (@ Arokh) Change of pace here, however for the sake of clarity: my apologies for my general . . . less here-ness over the last couple of weeks. My place of business is rather shorthanded, so I am hitching up my boss pants and pulling a lot of extra hours. This will likely continue for a few more weeks, at least. However, I did say “fuuuuck thiiis” and took time off for next week. 27th to the 31st, if I recall correctly; so, I’ll be catching up with stuff over next week and during that time.

> Keynote

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Forgoing a major keynote this evening to give a little blurb in regards to recruitment. Our numbers on “accepted” apps have been rather low as of late—I’d like to explain why.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: For the most part, the Ordo’s recruitment is heavily slanted toward vouches and “known” individuals. We rarely find applications so well formed and individuals who, without any integrity vouches, appear up to snuff for our stringent guidelines. As of late, the intake of “friend vouches” has been low . . . so, directly corresponding, our intake has been low.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: The Ordo puts a lot of investment upon the ability to affirm integrity through existing members. In simple terms: we like to recruit friends of friends. It maintains a strong level of commitment and gives people a “foot in,” rather than throwing them into an alien situation. Retention follows pretty close behind on this—we see a lot of success from vouch-in applicants.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: That’s not to say those without vouches can’t join. It’s simply; they better have a strong app and a clear background. Curia takes applications pretty seriously. Our recruit pool is very important to us. In short: if you have friends looking to join, be sure they list you as a vouch. It helps, a lot!

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Additionally, be sure you know the implications of vouching. It’s putting your stamp on someone as “they’re a good fit for this group, they won’t do something silly.”

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Beautiful. That's that, then. Quick and easy meeting this week. Promotions will be up tomorrow. I'll be back in a short bit, going to grab some dinner. Dismissed. Go raid. Etc, etc.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.