Clicky

Wolf Shaman

Ordo Weekly Meeting - 03SEP11

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia shouts: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[17:59] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 315

Cadets: 4

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 0

Denied: 5

Review: 3

Combat

Defensive: 97

Offensive: 20

Allied Assist: 0

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes:

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: 39th Command has approached us in regards to developing a more significant bond of alliance, with intent of pursuing more wide reaching “grid war” qualities against other groups. Being that the term “grid war” sparks memories of the ye’ olden days of massive campaigns, I was more than happy to oblige. We will be discussing the matter and developing the relationship over time.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:00] Huttser Ishelwood raises hand for Terra.

[18:01] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Ishelwood the 3rd, of New Brunswickland?

Terra

[18:01] Huttser Ishelwood shouts: From Invictus: Extremely busy news for Invictus this week, first off we would like to say welcome to the most non-accident free squad Ryan Bunjie and Ken Bremer! That also being said Invictus also has 4 open slots available so if you want to find out more about we are about ask Pr0wer, Shizzerk or anyone else who is in the squad. Raids for next week will continue along the previous schedule that has been established so if possible please do attend otherwise keep up the great work with meeting the minimum requirements and for many going over and beyond.

[18:01] Huttser Ishelwood shouts: From Evalidus: Things going smoothly for A-2, not a lot to report this week other then the initial conceptualization of a piece of squad gear. Details to be released at a later point.

[18:02] Huttser Ishelwood shouts: From Insidiae: Insidiae has seen a recent drop in membership. We're still a squad that's actually doing things, we're just low on manpower at the moment. If you're bored, or want something to do, just IM Krow Ames and we'll talk about it. We're currently attempting to establish a stable active membership before we move on to assigning specific roles within the squad. We're combat engineers. Sappers. If you like blowing shit up and/or just being generally amazing at everything you do, then Insidiae is the squad for you.

[18:02] Huttser Ishelwood shouts: From Praescius: From Ookami, ambassador to Hyrule: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRO3noyAKU

[18:02] Huttser Ishelwood shouts: From the B Cohors: This week was like super awesome and stuff. We had raids, hung out, told stories as to why thatgui sucks and many very very excite. On a serious note I would like to say congratulations to George Reisman for being moved up to CO of Rapax, he will do you guys a lot of good or I will have his head...no pressure George! Victrix is to be on raid look out duty so make sure you are doing at LEAST one raid, if you want to move up to a alpha squad its two a week so just throwing that out there for food for thought. Finally, as always, if you have an general concern, questions or just need a little guidance feel free to bother your CO/XO, Thatguy when he comes on (if he ever does) or myself as we are always happy to help you as needed.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Thatguy Andel's new computer is working. He is back. Beware.

[18:03] Huttser Ishelwood shouts: That concludes the Terra report.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman?

Astra

[18:03] Ethan Schuman shouts: I was working on the weekly report when Sebris showed me one he wrote. I like it, so here it is.

[18:03] Ethan Schuman shouts: >> Activity

Activity has dropped this week. Reapers did manage one event and are planning to drop a few “strangers” pretty soon. We may move some from Aquila temporarily to balance out the wings but that is still being discussed.

>> 2142

2142 Activity to pick up thanks to headway in diplomatics being made with the help of BurrWolf running the Musket related events. Astra will be pushing to be running as many events as possible with them within reason to the consideration of their energy (i.e. whether or not they burn out). These activities will involve air to air but per request of Praefectus Schuman, to run even a few ground events and possibly social events.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: >> Air Assets

The Gunship is coming along nicely though, but since New Jessie has begun allowing Air to Ground combat we’ll soon be accelerating its progress so Palaestra can get training and documentation completed for quick deployment. The Liberator, enhanced Liberator and Phantom Project will be next on the board.

>> Training

Astrum Palaestra has cleared all of it’s Training Ques and is Auditing on it’s Instructor Staff and Inactive trainees. 2 Trainees are subjected to be dropped and transferred, 2 are announcing a return date or excused. The rest is MIA due to Prolonged inactivity from Second Life. Wulf Lykin and WayneX will be making returns in actively training. One other is inactive due to School and the other is going through a serious issue RL. We are looking for new instructors, so if you are interested, apply on the forums! QP will be awarded in your services.

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: >> Chronus

We are also settling into Chronus nicely. With this new setting, a LOT more event opportunities and fun activities will be coming up. PILOTS! KEEP YOUR EYES OUT!

Once EM statuses are transferred and mesh is stably rolled out, we will begin full developments with collaboration of the IEA

[18:04] Ethan Schuman shouts: That is all from Astra for this week.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any additional reports?

[18:04] Kyra Vixen raises her paw.

[18:04] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Vixen?

Tactica

[18:05] Kyra Vixen: A name we have had for a long time in the SL Military Combat community has left us this week. Cthonic Syndicate has disbanded, and the remaining members have been rolled into 2142's ranks. MBC was initially marked as dead and/or unattackable, as Seashell Shores has (apparantly) had a change of ownership, oweing to the shopping mall that has sprung up from the ground. Reports from civilians indicate the new ownership tends to lean towards the sale of 'HOT HOT ITEMS' at 'LOW, LOW PRICES', and wondered how the proprietors of the mall's stores manage to remain afloat. ... however. It seems MBC's home has shifted to 'MBC Elsewhere' and 'MBC Lost Land'. The region still seems to be in a state of construction, however at time of discovery a lone-wolf was attacking, and the regions were damage enabled. Their status will be monitored, however for now, due to the lack of a rules notecard, I have marked their state as rebuilding.

On the positive side. X-Corps has entered a rebuild state, as has Grand Federation. One o

[18:05] Kyra Vixen: ther note, Phoenix Embers has been shifted from Allied status to NCO status, per information obtained today on their no longer being allied with the Ordo Imperialis.

Remember! Only you can save the majestic Military Base from becoming a strip mall. Contact your Congressman today, and ask them to declare the Second Life Military an endangered species. You can also help by calling 1-800-SAVEMIL, to donate to researching these majestic creatures. This concludes this week's Tactica report, endangered species edition.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Phoenix Embers, oh lord. Thank you. Hahha.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python?

IEA

[18:06] Drasamax Python shouts: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: Schola classes picking up even more this week than the last with Armatura starting to pick up behind it with a few classes. Ludi as well had a NCO-A Class and Armor Academy Class. Thank you, Kurama Bingyi, Yoki Mistwalker, Shizzerk Kostolany, Hakuen Silverstar, Rykiana Ferina and Kaska Czarny for keeping classes rolling in this time of slow-ness of new cadets/graduates. Oh, and Huttser Ishelwood along with Kaska Czarny again for holding Ludi classes this week. Reinhardt Stenvaag is one of our new recent addition to Schola/Armatura magisters. \o/ He is still getting set up however.

[18:06] Drasamax Python shouts: Not too much to note this week with IEA project wise its been pretty quiet. Schola Director Bracket Crowley may not be back for a few days or maybe even longer. We do not have a definite time as he is without a internet connection at the moment. So, if you as a Schola Magister have anything you usually go to your Schola Director about please direct it to Commandant Zero Itamae or Vice Commandant Drasamax Python for now in till he returns. Zero Itamae covered the Schola report this week in his absense.

[18:06] Drasamax Python shouts: We could use some more Armatura Magisters in the IEA so if your already a Schola Magister and not handling Armatura. Talk to Commandant Zero Itamae or Vice Commandant Drasamax Python if interested. If your not even part of the IEA Staff, well as usual the Magister application is here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Bracket :(

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call for reports.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Going one, goin' twiiiice aaaannnd . .

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: > Development

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Over the course of last week, Munitorum has had a lot of focus upon internal structure revisions. However, progress has been noted on the matters of material construction. Notably, the test and implementation of mesh models is well underway: both Keller Teichmann and Disembodied Hand have begun processing new weaponry utilizing mesh. Keller has, for the most part, completed a Judico model. On the other hand, Disembodied is working on a chainsword (by popular request) for release to Titan.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Testing is ongoing with the Malice. The vehicle itself has seen little progress this week, as Mr. Tsume Xiao is in the midst of preparing for school. Progress will resume next week. As a side note regarding the Malice: Mercury has been updated to include multi-auth threads, as such, the Malice will be going forward with having tiers of weaponry upgrades. Thank you to Inoue Katsu for taking the time to enhance our authorization system.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Actually, in hindsight, Xoza Tyron is also in the midst of meshing out a model—a new fighter craft for Astra. Since it has inverted wings, I am immediately fond of it and look forward to seeing its completion.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Development related: it is advised that we make a concerted, conscious effort to try and get used to the new interfaces in SL’s “new” clients. There is no guarantee that we will have the luxury of V1 style UI in the future. In order to use mesh, or to even use SL in general, we may have to stomach V2. As such, be sure to familiarize yourself as soon as possible.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: > Munitorum Revisions

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: As mentioned: compliments of Munitorum’s new XO, Mark Karlfeldt, Munitorum has been undergoing some structural and organization revisions. Thus far, I am impressed by the direction and vision exhibited by Mr. Karlfeldt. His attention to detail and quasi-OCD nature fits very well in my utopia of modular gear and paper work trails.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: As a member of Ordo you can expect: consistent, traceable progress on Munitorum projects. Additionally, more effective distribution of manpower to projects of gravity—in other words, Mr. Karlfeldt will ensure timely completion of tasks and set priorities of tasks, to ensure the most important and pressing matters are handled ahead of repetitive gear.

[18:13] Mark Karlfeldt: next project: 50 hats.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Part of his duties will include re-envisioning the armory. For those of you who have kept up with his posts, he has a strong idea behind developing and ensuring a wide, well formed armory, without reliance upon overlapping or repetitive gear. Hopefully, gone are the days where we have fifteen assault rifles that have relative functionality. Say hello to the modular, uniform future of our armory.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: > Raid Leadership Refresher

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Although Monday is a holiday, it will remain an active day—we avoid overlapping “days off” too close together. Our combat operations, administrative functions and uniform expectations will remain at the normal level. However, as it is a bank holiday, I get to spend some time doing things I don’t usually have the opportunity to do.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: At 3:00 on Monday, I will be holding an open forum (all welcome) raid seminar. I will be going over basic raid leadership skills, discuss their impact, and outline how raid leaders can be successful. It will be a voice lecture, so no logs will be taken. Again, regardless of your rank, you are welcome to attend. An E-1 is a future raid leader, after all.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: As a general reminder: we do have a policy section on the forums that specifically deals with raid leadership powers and the tiers of authority therein. You can always find that and other awesome stuff in this forum:

/>http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/forum/88-policy/

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: The raid policy reads:

T1: Authority clearance restricted to [i-1].

T2: Authority clearance restricted to at least [O-1] – [O-5].

T3: Authority clearance restricted to at least [E-8].

T4: Authority clearance restricted to at least [E-5] to [E-7] with explicit observation or approval of at least an [O-1].

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: For clarification: an officer may (assuming standard observance of courtesy to notify OIC, etc) call upon a raid to any target that is listed within their scope of authority. An [E-8] may call upon a raid to any target that is listed within their scope of authority (NCO target) without need to prior approve it with an officer. Other NCO, such as an [E-5] to [E-7] must receive approval from an officer prior to calling a raid upon an NCO target. If an NCO is asked to raid a non-NCO target, they must either have explicit approval from the Imperator or an officer observer.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: > This Week’s Events

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: This week I had taken several days off from work in order to simply catch up with Ordo matters and work on some projects that I have had in the pipeline. Unfortunately, that opportunity escaped me on account of some life events. Monday night, a relative of mine passed away unexpectedly.Thank you to everyone who provided well wishes and their condolences. It has been a fairly challenging week, especially with my family.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Additionally, I would like to extend my gratitude to all of you for keeping things together in my absence. All of you really kept it up—raid leads, officer staff, defense team—everyone did excellent. Thank you, sincerely, for staying on task. It made and makes events like this a lot easier to manage.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: I will be using the next couple of days to try to catch up where I lost time. However I am not certain it will be enough time to tackle the Schola redesign. To note, I will be corresponding with everyone who provided (and wishes to provide) input throughout the process. As a final (sappy) thought on the matter, deaths like this really serve to remind about the importance of connection, the value of friends and family. You are all akin to family to me. So please, do not be a stranger and communicate with me whenever.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Other than Thatguy.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: > Keynote

[18:24] thatguy Andel: ;-;

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: The last thing I want to talk about this evening is our "combat ethos." Ethos being our defining character; our norms, beliefs, and core behaviors that influence our actions on the battlefield.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: I find it always good to re-touch on basics-- it never hurts to hammer home our integral qualities. Would anyone care to name one of our "ethos?" Hands?

[18:26] Vincent Lucerne: \o

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Vincent?

[18:26] Vincent Lucerne: Suffer not the unclean to live :D?

[18:27] Reinhardt Stenvaag raises a hand

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Not exactly. Would anyone like to take a serious stab at it?

[18:27] Mizar Korobase raises a hand.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Reinhardt?

[18:27] Reinhardt Stenvaag: Respect for ourselves, each other, and our opponents.

[18:28] Kaska Czarny raises a hand

[18:28] Maverick Garfield: Hi5!

[18:28] Vincent Lucerne: \o

[18:28] Vincent Lucerne: hi5

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Mizar?

[18:28] Maverick Garfield raises his hand

[18:30] Ken Bremer raises hand.

[18:30] Lairex Beck raise paw

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Kaska?

[18:30] Kaska Czarny: Discipline. As in, following orders and regulations of the sim.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Good. Maverick?

[18:30] Maverick Garfield: Keep a cool head and adapt to the situations that come up.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Mizar?

[18:31] Mizar Korobase: Unity - working together as a whole. We are stronger as a whole than as individuals.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Indeed. Ken?

[18:32] Ken Bremer: Know your limits. If you feel that your not up to par or need to take a break from something then don't end up pushing yourself.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: All right. And Lairex?

[18:33] Lairex Beck: Don't get mad, Get even , Having a hot head will mess you up more

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Indeed that.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: / The complexity or simplicity of our ethos really depends upon how in depth you want to get. All of your answers were good ones, certainly. Respect, for example, is certainly within our ethos.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: But at specifics? What does respect mean? To value yourself, the individual next to you, and the individual on the other side? We certainly seek to respect our comrades at the highest level-- our foes, perhaps not in the same regard, but certainly, even our most bitter enemies deserve a sense of respect.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Our ethos is, in the most basic terms: professionalism. We seek excellence in every matter-- combat, non-combat, personally . . etc. Whatever the event, whatever the case, the Ordo means to pursue excellence.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: We uphold the expectation of loyalty to the organization, a sense of duty to the group and one another, integrity to do what is right for the greatest good, and a personal cherishment for honor.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: This takes personification in hundreds of ways-- really, innumerable to provide examples in this sitting.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: In combat, our expectations are, and always have been to achieve victory. Although certainly, combat inherently is our design and goal for entertainment-- victory is our goal, for the sense of excellence that it instills. That is not to say we should be above the ability to take a "defeat" honorably. We train and we train with the intent and design to overcome odds and weather whatever outcome.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: However, we should and always pursue victory at an equally honorable term-- by that, I applaud and reaffirm the necessity to be certain we present that professional face internally and externally.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Avoid argument with enemy personnel; do not let them hook/bait you into matters. Let the OIC take care of it.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: Never be afraid to honestly commend a foe, but stray from lambasting them-- if you are not the OIC, it is not your place.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: And, most of all, uphold your values and yourself in every matter. The Ordo thrives upon the integrity and capability of its members. Our people are our competitive advantage. Our training routines are great, but our people are immensely better.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions will be up tomorrow. I'll be around for the remainder of the evening. Idle off an on as I run amuck. Thank you for coming. You are dismissed.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.