Clicky

Jayce Iredell

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

Walking quietly down the streets of your home city on a small world on the fringes of the Imperium, you enjoy the cool but still semi sunny day. The clouds are thin, and the morning sun shines its orange rays through the hazy blanket.

A leaflet of paper falls before you, bending down you pick it up and read it, emblazened with the insignias of the Imperium's Armed Forces, it is easily recognizable as a recruitment call. The Emperor needs men to fight for his will and cause, this time it is to reclaim a once forgotten stronghold of the Imperium, reclaiming its resources and secrets for the glory of the God Emperor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is what we're going to do, for those of you with copies of DoW Dark Crusade, we're having a tournament style multiplayer campaign. For this to work I need volunteers to play, all the races will be present and I would like people to play each one, as each match will be deciding the outcome and the next plot twist in the story.

When I feel like we have enough players to fill roles for the commanding armies we can begin, and the winner by the end of it, will have conquered an entire planet in the name of whichever faction the winner is representing. I want to avoid having to send people up against computerized oponents, and I would like it so we can have observers over the matches for the sake of writting up a 'news' flash of what has been happening in the war effort.

So do we have any interested persons?

Yes sosarin I also commonly roll IG, but I'd like to see everyone flesh out the good and the bad. we'll decide who is who when we have enough people, and we may have multiple portions of the same army playing.

For example if we have enough people, say we have two IG regiments, one would be an infantry regiment, and the other for armor. That way we can flesh out the roles of each aspect of an army, but I'll be happy if we just have enough people to be all the races.

Personally though I'd like to play, I want to focus on the story and what happens in between matches, the outcomes, the scores to settle, stuff like that. All these things that will go on in the story, are ased on who wins and who loses.

This campaign will not be sudden death, for anyone in it. However if you lose enough times your race is either exterminated or retreats from the planet. I know people might want to come in screaming

For the Emperor!
But lets not get ahead of ourselves, we need Orks to be da strongest, or someone to fight for the dark Gods of the warp.

Well we have six people volunteering for this, so we have a few extra. I want to see more commited folks get on board cause I don't want to have to wait for weeks on end to get going though.

So far we have for sure:

Sosarin, Intus, Mack, Priest, Jester, and Acadian.

We could have Mike, and Akurei coming in later but I'm sure there are people that I know in the ordo that would play, they just may be too busy or not up for the sport.

I will need to get a list of good days for you guys to be up for matches also I need a fe extra volunteers for laying and observing the matches. Those observing would basically be giving an 'In character' response, but they would write it as though it were being reported either to someone higher up the command chain or, on the news.

Right right, well how do we pick who is who and what their goals are on our mysterious and yet unnamed planet?

The answer is that the players will decide, thats right ladies and gentlemen. I want everyone that is currently involved, and those that would like to get in on this; to write their short backstory.

Whether it be Sosarin the General of the Imparial Guard, sent to claim a victory for the Imperium on a Xenos infested rock. Or that the Necrons have sent someone here on a great purge of all the living from this sector. The possibilities are endless for this, just make sure your goals on the planet are pheasable and believable for the race you want etc....

Make no mistake though, Slots are open for more players so please don't be shy and do feel free to join in, just post in the thread saying you are interested.