Clicky

Jayce Iredell

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

Alright so heres how it goes, we're having Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Chaos, Tau and Necrons. However only one of these can come out the victor, and with 3 guard regiments, 2-3 chapters of space marines, and 2 legions of chaos, things are going to be like hell for the Necrons, and Tau.

If anyone wants to do some practice runs to refresh themselves, get together on Vent and play to your hearts content. I "would" like to get this going by next weekend but we'll see how things go.

Dawn_of_War_box_art.jpg

About the Game

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Gold Edition features the award-winning Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Game of the Year Edition and the highly anticipated expansion pack Winter Assault.

The Game of the Year Edition features eight additional maps, additional online modes, and all the patches previously released online. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War builds upon the most exciting, visceral, front-line battlefield ever seen in an RTS game. Winter Assault promises one of the biggest expansion packs ever including the introduction of an entirely new race, The Imperial Guard.

Dawn of War Game of the Year features:

• Single-player campaigns employing classic storytelling elements of treason and conspiracy
  • Two to eight multiplayer via LAN or Internet providing endless re-playability
  • Four unique races, each with their own unique strategies
  • Resource model that focuses action on the frontline and minimizes the tedium of resource gathering
  • Cinematic quality melee and ranged combat that show battle in detail never before seen in a RTS game
  • Eight additional maps
  • All Dawn of War patches

Winter Assault features:

• Wage war with a new race--The Imperial Guard
  • New units to unleash the devastation
  • All-new single-player experience
  • Devastating animations and powerful finishing moves
  • Online warfare has been taken to the next level with enhanced multiplayer battles, observer mode, arranged team play, and improved automatch

System Requirements

• Minimum: Windows 2000/XP, 1.8 Ghz Intel Pentium III or equivalent AMD Athlon XP, 256 MB RAM, 4.5 GB free hard drive space, 32 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible AGP video card with Hardware Transformation and Lighting, 16-bit DirectX 9.0b compatible sound card, Mouse, Keyboard
  • Recommended: 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent, 512 MB system RAM (required for 8-player multiplayer games), nVidia GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 or equivalent with 64 MB of Video RAM
  • Required for Multiplayer: Internet: Cable modem, DSL modem, or 56.6 kbps modem for online multiplayer play; Network: TCP/IP compliant network

More Information...

Hokay so... I mean I'm sure with the arrival of Spece Marine expected.. alot of people are eyeing their dawn of war with a bit of nostalgia. My kid was.. which got me.. and now we've been playing Dawn of War 1 again.

Someone recomended the Firestorm over Kurava mod.. WHICH I cant play. Its for Soulstorm. I only have Dark Crusade. The latest version of that mod for DC is Firestorm over Koros.... which I got. BUT I CANT USE.

Installed it.. and it simply isnt running when I run the game, no instructions on how to get it to run.

My DOW engine is 1.2.. my DC is 1.0

And I got no idea how ot make FoK work. Anyone know how?

Also.. anyone got any other mod suggestions for Dawn of War 1?

I'm using a Tyranid mod (which I remove when trying to play FoK)... BUT... damn are they unbalanced. Damned overpowered. Watched a single tyranid AI swarm 2 necron AI's and beat them both down one at a time. And I thought the necrons were overwhelming!