Clicky

Aryte

Ordo Weekly Meeting: 17SEP11

Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

Statistics

Members: 315

Cadets: 15

Applications

New: 5

Accepted: 2

Denied: 3

Review: 0

Combat

Defensive: 74

Offensive: 19

Allied Assist: 0

The diplomatic notes for this evening are fairly entertaining. First off: it appears there is a new “Chaos Imperialis” rendition in the word. Chaos .. Esomething. If I have their leadership pinned correctly . . . I am fairly sure both are banned from Titan for being rather unsavory. As such, I am not particularly sure we will have much interaction with them. Otherwise, there has been some delay in the discussion of advanced political ties with 39th. Not by anyone’s fault, simply a schedule and special event (Sept 11th anniversary) matter.

Unit reports this evening?

I. Development

Time for everyone’s favorite topic (mine included): new stuff and the progress on major projects. First: the replacement primary HUD has had, as far as I know, pretty much zero progress on the assembly. The individual tasked to the job is absent due to some personal matters. All parts should be passed to me for completion—the HUD is far overdue and desperately needs to be completed.

The Malice gunship is coming along very nicely. Mr. Xiao guaranteed a working beta this week and it was so delivered. The back-end technology on Mercury has been implemented, providing us the capability to do multi-unlocks on one item. Additionally, the Malice’s countermeasure and armor systems are online for in depth testing. First responses to the Malice have been extremely positive. The platform handles well and is capable of dealing a lot of hurt.

Our fleet vessels are still in model stage only. Prospects for scripting and completion in general are likely a couple weeks out. The Malice shares some qualities with the fleet, as such; it does provide a good test bed (such as armor on a complex shape).

Compliments of the ideas of a couple members (Mr. Teron, Ms. Lucas and Mr. Temian), I have drafted up a project list for modeling going forward for the next month or so. The read outs will be shared with Munitorum for management once I have certainty on the list. But as it stands, we will be looking to add a new combat helmet for the UCA, a new jetbike, and a unique psyker weapon (shamelessly Warhammer inspired). The jetbike will have an armed and unarmed version—the latter will coincide with an idea Temian had for non-combat entertainment: jetbike races.

II. Defense Activity – Opportunity for Deployments

The last couple of weeks have really seen the effects of school setting in: a general slow down, with peak times shifting to weekends and evenings. This is totally normal—it happens every year. For the next several months, weekends, weeknights, holidays, and school breaks (Spring Break, Winter, etc) will be explosive with activity. On the other hand, day-to-day we really need to be a bit more proactive to keep momentum up.

Combat will, for the most part, not be as prominent on the defense side. Our numbers have dropped a good percentage for on-Titan combat. This is in direct relation to activity levels of other groups. The Ordo has the capability to really stay active throughout the year—other groups, lacking personnel, will generally avoid tangoing with us right now. This presents a huge opportunity for us: more offensive deployments.

Keep in mind . . . sure, the huge raids may be a bit more rare, but we can still deploy (and should deploy) small teams whenever an enemy region is available with personnel. I am putting a lot of pressure on officers (sorry officers, I love you) to ensure we do keep the raid numbers up—3 a day is more than manageable with current conditions. We have a lot less interruptions and chance to seek out potential targets.

Additionally, the slow down is a great chance to really push advanced training, campaigns, and exercising excellence in defense. Training wise, I will talk more about ART later in this discussion, but I highly encourage that officers and NCOs take the time to develop and implement routine activities—melee fights, dropship practice, quasi-ART scenarios (feel free to us my material; it won’t count for qualifications, but still, it’ll help)!

As for exercising excellence, I want to remind everyone: defense is our main priority. Per regulation, everyone should be defending when a hostile is present. If you aren’t needed, the OIC will dismiss you on request. Assume, with each hostile, you are needed. Get to the line and get on to Ventrilo (or TS3, starting tomorrow, hah). Furthermore, if you are not present/idling elsewhere . . . please try not to leave yourself on Titan. You give a misrepresentation of our defense to both defenders and attackers.

III. AN Campaign

As mentioned: it is a great time for campaigns, and, well, the Alliance Navy tried to call us out on the New Jessie forums . . . soooooo. AN campaign, here we come.

For information purposes: earlier this week, the AN made a NJ post regarding a want for “Total War.” It spiraled into an Ordo bash-fest, based around an ex-Ordo member who was trying to make the connection that the Ordo logs IPs on applications to us data mining and stalking people. Apparently the AN has never heard of the internets or the fact when you log in to anything your IP is logged, as they tried really hard to make a big stink about it.

We disregarded the comments and decided to happily oblige them in their calls for “Total War” yesterday. For three hours, Ordo forces (under Huttser Ishelwood) beat them like a red-headed step child. Armor, aircraft, mechs – just about everything – was thrown at them. We spent the majority of it in various locations throughout their base, or camped just right out of it. Instead of obliging and enjoying the “Total War” they asked for . .. they went and cried more on the NJ forums.

Ergo. Operation Fallout is underway. For the foreseeable future, we will be focusing our efforts on the AN—through air, ground, and joint operation maneuvers. Other groups will still receive some Ordo love, but our focus will be on Cabaret Island .

IV. ART Reminder

Tomorrow at 5:00, we will be holding an ART session. For those of you new: ART is our Advanced Rating Tier course. A close combat, squad based training scenario with regimented metrics of rating. The session tier will be based on turn out. I will ramp up difficulty if we have lots of qualified folks.

Definitely come on out and participate. I have been waiving rank requirements for it and will continue to do so. ART loves you; come and have fun!

V. TS3

Tonight after the night raids die down, I will be formalizing our transfer to TS3. The comment at the top of Ventrilo will change and the MOTD will change upon finality. The Ventrilo will remain open for a few weeks to catch stragglers (and herd them over to TS3).

Although I am fond of Ventrilo, I have to say that TS3 is a huge improvement in voice quality and functionality. There are a lot of advanced channel abilities that a group of our size and quality will benefit from—it compliments both our squad based tactics and separation of powers nicely.

For anyone concerned that the change is negative, I implore you to give it a try. Worse case scenario, we’ll come back to good ol’ Vent. What I do need from folks is some help finding mention of Ventrilo in our various materials—Schola, forums, etc. If you find one, notecard where you found it and send it to me, please!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.