Clicky

Aryte

12NOV11 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:40] Aryte Vesperia: Meeting start. As a reminder: all questions, comments (etc) are to be held until given the opportunity to speak. When that opportunity is provided, be sure to raise your hands. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[18:01:00] Aryte Vesperia: A special thanks to anyone who put down their cocaine (Skyrim) to join us today. Lol.

[18:01:15] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 311

Cadets: 8

Applications

New: 7

Accepted: 1

Denied: 3

Review: 3

Combat

Defensive: 76

Offensive: 16

Allied Assist: 0

[18:01:46] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic events this week: all’s quiet on the western front. General communal slow down on account of Skyrim and nearing-finals-week for most folks. Resumption of normalcy will no doubt follow completion of this semester of school. Good luck to everyone! On a side note; Skyrim is awesome, but do not forget the basic routines to keep things goin’ here. >:(

[18:02:23] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02:45] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:02:51] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:02:58] Ethan Schuman: Starting off with the best news for the week. Scarlet finally got his new video card. It's on its way to his humble communist hideout, so we anticipate his return within the next few days. Chances are that he'll want to make up for lost time, so I'd look forward to raids, training, and any other excuse he can make to drive bullets into skulls. We've picked up a few new members (including a human!) that are running through Palaestra at the moment. 39th's fighters are completed, but a certain complication that I will not go into is preventing them from being delivered. That will hopefully be resolved. Aquila's flight night turned out wonderfully, but Reapers' had to be cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. Letalis activity was light this week, but with Scarlet coming back, Hell Week will be happening next week.

[18:03:29] Ethan Schuman: Also, we're building cool stuff with lasers.

[18:03:37] Ethan Schuman: That's it for Astra this week.

[18:03:38] Aryte Vesperia: Woo hoo.

[18:03:53] Huttser Ishelwood raises his AK-47 for Terra. ]

[18:03:58] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Ishelwood.

[18:04:09] Huttser Ishelwood: From Invictus; "Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 must I say this week has been a glorious one for all gamers. Snape kills Dumbledore with a 105 MM and giants kick people across the mountains. Invictus is rewriting history as we know so this image will show you our progress http://tinyurl.com/87np9bd"

[18:04:28] Huttser Ishelwood: From Evalidus; "Roses are red, violets are blue, what are you doing ? Evalidus is waiting for you ! We have few slots open here in Evalidus, otherwise activity has been steady and Huttser has lot of plans for the ongoing month ! If you are interested of joining Evalidus, contact either Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp."

[18:04:57] Huttser Ishelwood: From Insidiae:

[18:05:08] Huttser Ishelwood: From Insidiae: Business as usual this week for Insidiae, asses were kicked, names were taken. Anyone wishing to join contact Mackenzie Macbain.

[18:05:19] Huttser Ishelwood: From Praescius; "Through out the wholes Praescius been doing great. Few raids been led for A-4 in mid week. Oyur armor is soon going to be Develop once munturiom start kicking the can. Other then that, Praescius been just chilling in the lounge. We currently still have slots open if you're interested Just contact Afevis Sodertelge or Ookamiwulf Lemton."

[18:05:27] Huttser Ishelwood: From Saevitas; "A fine week for Saevitas. Over the course of this week our members have made great strides in combat tactics in MW3, as well as survival strategies in Skyrim. In both cases we have achieved victory for the Ordo Imperialis. We also did that SL thing, I think?"

[18:05:56] Huttser Ishelwood: No B Report this week, thus concluding the Terra report. Can I go back to slaying Dragons now?

[18:07:34] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports this evening?

[18:07:35] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:07:37] Radryl Allen raises his hand for Adstutia.

[18:07:43] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python.

[18:07:47] Drasamax Python: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration:Many Schola classes this week with several graduates. \o/ Thank you Magister Genesis Ronmark, Shizzerk Kostolany, and Kurama Bingyi for taking care of those cadets. Few Armatura classes, and in Imperial Ludi an NCO-A class. Not much developmental wise this week to mention.

[18:07:58] Drasamax Python: Shotgun Academy is now available for a Imperial Ludi course (Updated the master list with it too). Along with its first sign up sheet under the IEA section of the forums. The class was planned to be held today sometime before the meeting but lol everyone is off playing Skyrim, BF3, MW3 and what not so it never happened. So you'll have to keep an eye out for another in the future if you missed it.

That is all from the Imperial Education Administration.

[18:09:05] George Reisman raises his hand for Cohors B.

[18:09:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you kindly. Mr. Allen?

[18:09:18] Radryl Allen: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to introduce you ( As I did not introduce it on the last meeting) Adstutia! It is a group that had been found two weeks ago, its main purpose is to deal with International affairs and make sure our relationship with these groups keep positive. Like said on the last meeting, the results are being positive, but we still on low numbers, so we are looking for new members! If you think you can fit on the padrons that I will show, contact me or XO Tonet Millar.

-You need to be at least a E-3;

-Be able to speak more than one language or..

-Be able to handle big situations, write reports, take informations that will be given on the meetings;

-Be active.

[18:09:38] Radryl Allen: The report of this week was way weird, more like a rollercoaster, Adstutia had been on a operation called by "Operation Rattlesnake" which basically consists on a mission to assist EB( Exercito Brasileiro) in exchange of politic assistance, and as a extra point, they will also ban Melina and Hessel of their sim, on the first week we are had some progress BUT, their main leader began to complain, it delayed our work, she was acting like some kind of nazi or xenophobic person, also complaining about Ordo and saying how Melina is a "nice person and sweet" ( Hillarious, I know). As she was the ONLY person against those projects, the other Generals began to act, the other two Leaders of the group demoted her and now she does not have enough strenght to complain about the changes, so we kept working on those.

[18:10:04] Radryl Allen: Their handbook is almost done , the Recruit sistem will be changed, they are creating the merit and ranking sistem as well. We are also assisting them to rebuild their sim, update their weaponary, so if you are a scripter, a builder or if you know any, you are more than welcome to assist us, any help is welcome, and will be rewarded! (You do not even need to be on the group to participate of this mission) As final note, just because I loved this new, their crazy leader got demoted hahahaha.

[18:10:19] Radryl Allen: That is all.

[18:11:08] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, thank you Mr. Allen.

[18:11:17] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Reisman?

[18:11:23] George Reisman: Quite an eventful week for Victrix this week, Tsukiyomi has been taking routine trainings to the killhouse as some of you have seen already and encourages those in his squad to continue to take part (He might make you some cake). Marcus is going to be holding a meeting fairly soon with Rapax so keep your eyes peeled for a notice that will be posted with the details. Finally as always DO ART or there will be no cake and Aryte will be sad which makes me sad :< and “PRFS GET THEM DONE” -George

[18:11:36] George Reisman: That's it, thanks pr0wer!

[18:11:43] Pr0wer Miles: NP

[18:12:05] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Thank you.

[18:12:10] Aryte Vesperia: Final call for reports this evening.

[18:12:12] Mark Karlfeldt raises his decidedly human hand.

[18:12:19] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Karlfeldt.

[18:12:41] Mark Karlfeldt: Development has slowed down somewhat with the release of several major game titles. But a new-new update to the Covalent to fix the still-persistent auth issue has been released. If you're wondering why your Covalent 1.1 stopped working, you need the new one. Also, in case you haven't noticed, Disembodied has made robes for Munitorum on Aryte's request. There's still a few issues to iron out but it's a promise of things to come - with mesh rigging a reality, we (Disembodied) can do some really neat stuff with uniforms.

My semester of college is drawing to a close - once it's done, I have a lot planned, and a lot already lined up to do, so expect some progress in that regard. Next on the list appears to be the jetbike, fleetship and vendor. Something something darksyde.

[18:13:58] Aryte Vesperia: Thanks a lot. Munitorum, to add, is getting robes for their developers. It's WIP, as, well. We need to rig a copy for females.

[18:14:39] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on:

[18:14:45] Aryte Vesperia: > ART

[18:15:05] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, the Achievement Rating Tiers continue to go forward each Sunday at 5:00 PM SLT. (Over the next week, there will be some additional sessions hosted at unusual times.) ART is an advanced squad / fire team based combat practice based around materials found here: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/12172-ordo-achievement-rating-tiers/

[18:16:11] Aryte Vesperia: It is currently “volunteer” basis, however within the next couple of weeks it will begin to push toward a mandatory status for select units. This includes all elite squads. It is highly recommended that, if you are seeking an elite unit position or are in an elite unit, that you participate. The materials are extremely useful and have proven to increase combat proficiency in battle events.

[18:17:21] Aryte Vesperia: Each sessions features a portion of instruction and then about an hour of live action. After each event, there is a recap on successes and failures, then an opportunity to receive one-on-one correspondence for qualifications. There are three levels of qualification—each has a corresponding beret. Upon completion of the whole ART course, you earn a white beret and the capability to instruct ART courses of your own.

[18:18:13] Aryte Vesperia: The next session will be tomorrow, at 5:00 PM SLT. More than likely, there will also be an early session this upcoming Wednesday, at 2:00 PM SLT.

[18:19:25] Aryte Vesperia: Next . .

[18:19:27] Aryte Vesperia: > Finalizing Revision Projects

[18:19:48] Aryte Vesperia: Per our discussions over the last couple of weeks, we have finalized the outline for items to revise over the remainder of the year. I am happy to report that there is a great deal of material to go over—I appreciate everyone’s input. I will publish a copy of the final outline and begin tracking progress via a forum post as of tomorrow. You will be able to find it in the “Imperator’s Atrium” section.

[18:21:41] Aryte Vesperia: There is a whole lot of great stuff coming, but I’d like to highlight a couple this evening that I find especially awesome. Foremost, officer work load is going to be worked out in more depth—each officer will have a list of tasks, along with revolving ones (such as OIC duties during X week). Furthermore, we will be creating a differentiation between an administration officer and a combat officer. As an example: senior officers will have their core tasks focused on administrative tasks, whereas junior officers will have a heavy load of combat related measures. Their success and activity will be judged on said lists.

[18:23:15] Aryte Vesperia: Additionally, the way we handle rewards will be dramatically reshaped—QP will remain, but a large swathe of vanity items are going to be included to permit more unit-level awards. For example, officers will be receiving a personalized momento that they can hand out at their will to other members as a token of their appreciation/fulfilling a feat. The same idea could very well apply to special units in the form of . . . say, special pins awarded for successful drop ship missions, or flight jackets that may be worn off base as casual garb.

[18:24:30] Aryte Vesperia: > Schedule for the Week

[18:24:42] Aryte Vesperia: The aforementioned in mind . . Mr. Aryte here has decided to take the week off from work to relax and work on Ordo. Strange how those two go hand in hand. Nevertheless, I will be around for the next nine or so days, simply putting time in on the revision projects. I will be off/on/idle most of the time, as I’ll be designing and dragging people off to help. However, I’ll be about. So. Get them raids done, or else.

[18:25:51] Aryte Vesperia: > Exploratory: Replacement Sidearm

[18:26:29] Aryte Vesperia: We discussed this in brief during the last officer meeting, but I'd like your input before I take it to Munitorum. I am definitely looking at replacing our Five-SeveN here in the near future-- not that I don't love it, but it's time to move on.

[18:28:14] Aryte Vesperia: The only question I have is: do we want to go for a more futureistic approach, or a modern approach? Future doesn't mean "laser gun;" it could be in the variety of Mass Effect with relatively "solid" rounds, but use a heat sink sort of magazine.

[18:28:29] Aryte Vesperia: That said: your turn to give input. Simply say, future or modern. :} Go.

[18:28:39] Arokh Takakura: future

[18:28:44] Huttser Ishelwood: Future, just no lasers

[18:28:45] Maverick Garfield: modern

[18:28:53] Vain Composer: Modern sexy.

[18:28:58] Christoph Batra: future Mass Effect 2 ftw

[18:28:59] Honey Hoffman: You can't go future without lasers.

[18:29:03] Ookamiwulf Lemton: Rocket pistol

[18:29:08] Mark Karlfeldt: Apparently no one, not even Aryte, reads the project charter. :|

[18:29:14] Nrom Normandy: future eye lasers

[18:29:20] Shizzerk Kostolany: No lasers :| unless they are tacticool laser sights

[18:29:54] George Reisman: MODERN

[18:30:05] George Reisman: SPACEMARINE TOO

[18:30:19] Aryte Vesperia: Lol.

[18:30:22] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else?

[18:30:26] Maverick Garfield: desert eagle just to piss off Mark

[18:30:29] Mark Karlfeldt: Pistol

The standard, universal sidearm for all soldiers in the Ordo Imperialis. Issued to all members upon graduating Schola.

Light Weapon.

Primary/Secondary Slot.

Semi-automatic.

Capacity: 12 rounds.

Reload: 1.5 seconds.

Dispersion: 0.6m @ 100m.

Melee Range: 3m.

> Dual Wield: Allows for the use of a pistol in both hands, or one in either left or right.

> Range Mode: Sets the magazine to 100 round capacity, dispersion to 0, and loads training rounds. For the firing range challenges.

> Capacity Upgrade 1: Increases the capacity to 20. [25 QP]

>> Capacity Upgrade 2: Increases the capacity to 28. [25 QP]

> Suppressor Upgrade: Allows the attachment of a suppressor, which reduces the visibility of bullets and firing report volume. [25 QP]

[18:31:39] Aryte Vesperia: All righty. Thank you.

[18:32:29] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd next:

[18:32:39] Aryte Vesperia: > Reminder: Use of TS3

[18:33:20] Aryte Vesperia: As a quick side note, please remember it is necessary to be on TS3 if you are the OIC. Additionally, it should be expected as necessary to be on TS3 and in the top channel if there is defense ongoing.

[18:33:34] Aryte Vesperia: Too often have people been "accidentally" shot because someone isn't on TS3/isn't in the right channel.

[18:33:55] Aryte Vesperia: It is not in regulation as of yet, but you can take this statement as such: you need to be on TS3, in the right channel, during defense.

[18:35:09] Aryte Vesperia: I am foregoing a keynote this evening, in hopes that someone will take this extra time to get some combat going. :] Raids love you. Don't neglect them.

[18:35:21] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for coming. You are dismissed.

[18:35:24] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:35:26] Constantine Giugiaro salutes! "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dieing for his country.

[18:35:26] Constantine Giugiaro: He won it by making the other dumb bastard die for his country."

[18:35:27] Maverick Garfield salutes. May God lead us to victory.

[18:35:28] Christoph Batra salutes!

[18:35:28] Radryl Allen salutes.

[18:35:28] Vain Composer salutes sharply, proudly claiming: "Glory to the Imperium, Pro Patria."

I sent the Cohors B report to Hollowmanpenis, didn't realize Huttser was grabbing Terra's report :[

[16:54] thatguy Andel: Cohors B meeting post: THIS WEEK IN COHORS B, SKYRIM. I AM THATGUY, AND SKYRIM. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW WEEK OF SKYRIM. WITH SKYRIM, WE ALL IN COHORS B HAVE SKYRIM. SKYRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.