Clicky

Metallicoe Keng

Fairlight Weapons

Hi Metallicoe! Feel free to nudge me in world. Sorry to have missed you.

The Ordo permits the usage of Fairlight on a general level, we do not permit:

1. Anything beyond "dual" wielding.

2. Unlimited ammunition.

3. Tracking munitions.

In general, Fairlight is very well put together. The claims of lag are . . curious. The only devices that have ever really been considered out of line have typically been fixed in an auto-update some time later. Julia Faulkland, Fairlight's owner, is extremely customer orientated. Likewise, you should probably go straight to her to get in the interview! I can tell you, she'd be happy to comment.

There are a lot of unfounded claims as to the quality of Fairlight . . for example, in the first part of your article, the comments about the Variabird are completely false. The weaponry systems on the vehicle were simple damage bullet firing chainguns. Not megaprim lasers. Likewise, there is no such thing as an "auto dodge" system. The craft "Margret" describes sounds like an epic doomsday device, though. Where can I buy one?

Oh wow, I've never seen so much ignorance in one article in my life. I'm talkign about the people you interviewed of course. Normaly this would be where I'd go on a rant about the stupidity of people today, but I don't think even I can do justice here...

There isn't a fairlight weapon I own that has more than 3 rez slaves. They don't spam at all, people say they do because the weapons they use are so poorly scripted that they kill the sim and thus kill the performance of their own weapons.

I've been in the SL combat community for nearly 2 years now. I've used weapons from nearly every military, and nothing compares to the perfection of Fairlight.

Now I can understand people dis-liking the HD bullets. They are 2 prims and do put a bit more load on the physics.

Here is what Niiya stated about the HD bullets:-“HD” bullets are a simple bullet made of two instersecting box prims (the prim that has the least physics load on the server). They were created for pre-glow SL, when we didn’t have an easier means of making pretty laser blast or tracer effects. These bullets are actually alot less load than most others on the grid (such as ones that use a torus or a sphere). Any rumours that they are “laggy” or cause sims to crash are completely unfounded and ridiculous.-

I've more or less decided that the reason people ban the use of FL weapons is because they are jsut simply better than their own issued guns, and a better gun can give you a great advantage.

Edited by Phillip Hultcrantz

Fairlight's weapons have been refined exponentially; well beyond that of most weaponry found in Second Life. If anyone has enquiries regarding Fairlight industries, one simply needs to ask Julia Faulkland rather than do some colloquial investigation brimming with fallacies.

I hate the media.

To be honest, this sounds less like an investigation, and more like a compilation of unfounded rumors and mystical SL technologies. I remember a complaint about the Punisher mech the Ordo used having, what was it, "reverse passive push defence shielding?" Let's string fancy words together and make awesome imaginary features now, shall we? I'm glad I haven't been "investigated" like this, I'd suddenly be selling fully automatic nuke launchers. (For the record, just because -I- have then doesn't mean I sell them. >_>) Hopefully for part 2, you'll at least get some interviews with people who know what's up, not the random "Oh ya they lag and are tracking. Also they have shields and auto-dodgers."

li⋅bel

   /ˈlaɪbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy-buhl] Show IPA Pronunciation

noun, verb, -beled, -bel⋅ing or (especially British) -belled, -bel⋅ling.

–noun

1. Law.

a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.

b. the act or crime of publishing it.

c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.

2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.

Not to be confused with Liberal http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Liberal

--------

Now I think the lot of you are over reacting to the article, if you had bothered to read the first paragraph then you'd know that the first part was to gather the rumors and the "why" The next part is to get the facts. Don't diss MEtalico, or his work becasue you failed to read it properly.

To Quote..

o rest this case for the community, I decided to investigate into this subject further in a two part report. The first (this one) showing the opinions and information, and the next detailing the facts.
Edited by Phillip Hultcrantz

Not to be confused with Liberal http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Liberal

--------

Now I think the lot of you are over reacting to the article, if you had bothered to read the first paragraph then you'd know that the first part was to gather the rumors and the "why" The next part is to get the facts. Don't diss MEtalico, or his work becasue you failed to read it properly.

To Quote..

I think they're reacting more to the rumors in the article than the article itself, Phil. Take a chill pill, man.