Clicky

Sera Otoro

Ordo Meeting - 3.21.09

--------------------------------------------------

Reports - Main

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: All right.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Let's get to it.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: This is a small crowd for us! That's kind of amusing.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: As an apology for last week, I'll keep this one short as heck.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: We'll start with the weekly summary from me.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, we're sitting at 220 members.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Newest of which is BillyJoe Benoir.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Welcome, welcome.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: We lost a couple of folks this week, unfortunately. Both of which resigned honorably.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Ten applications, give or take (some paper apps undocumented), two of which were approved.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Combat wise, all's been pretty steady and satisfying. Several quality deployments and countless defensive operations.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Very good work!

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Development group structure wise has been very solid.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Lot of new progress to comment on. But I'll leave that up to the individual reports.

Reports - Divisions

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Division reports/

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: ?

[18:09] Kytec Switchblade raises a hand.

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: I'll go sir.

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: FFFffffu

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Kytec Switchblade, for the Guard.

[18:10] Sosarin Demar raises his hand for Astra

[18:11] Kytec Switchblade: As some of you may have heard, Praetorians visited allied sims in an attempt to strenthen bonds between IS members. Along the way our professionality and levelheadedness changed quite a few points of view ont he group. Im sure Aryte will touch on that a bit later.

[18:12] Kytec Switchblade: As for plans, tomorrow we'll be holding a short trainign session before the first weekly officer meeting, but nothign groupwide planned untill next friday.

[18:12] Kytec Switchblade: thats all.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Lestat Umarov, for Terra.

[18:12] Lestat Umarov: My report on Terra this week will be somewhat brief, if not in length than in new developments. It seems this a month for redefinining standards and restructuring.

[18:12] Lestat Umarov: The Adiutor Staff is undergoing a major overhaul. I'm redefining the role of the squad and dropping it down to 5 Member+myself. As it stands right now we are at 3 members not including myself; a WOIC, an NCOIC, and a Cohors A liason. This means there are two vacant positions for Cohors B+C but I will not be filling these roles until I work on the SOP for the staff a bit more. Despite the downsizing we will still function as an Alpha squad and assistants for the legates and our combat effectiveness will not be hindered when at full capacity. Jester Spearmann has taken on the role of developing standardized until inspection for Terra and I look forward to seeing his final product. The adiutors as a whole, as well as a handful of volunteers will be working on the NCO Academy as well. Anyone E-4 and above is welcome to shoot me an IM if they're interested in providing Input.

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: Next up is a report from Agares for Antesignani."My weekly report for Antesignani. Antesignani has not been able to test its training schedule,m due to unforeseen scheduling issues that cropped up during my Spring Break. I apologize profusely. Monday, we will begin in earnest, and the first course will be covering mortar deployments and organizing for said deployments. Also, the Onager Field Gun is in its final beta form, and will ready for distribution soon." I myself have tried the Onager and can say it is a mean piece of firepower.

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: And a word from Hunter with Fulminata. "COHORS A Century 1 still runs without me doing anything.... Fulminata is moving along and I hope to have it up and runnning by the end of the month. Fulminata planning is going along smoothly and have a outline for the jetpack training that im juggling around my head."

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: And last but not least, Endra on Invictus. "This week, overall Invictus is doing well. Optio Krow Ames is still with us for the time being, though for how long is up in the air. We're all hoping his absence will be very short or nonexistent. Triplicarius Hunter Abrams has been transferred from Invictus to be the new XO of Fulminata. We wish him nothing but the best in his new role. Triplicarius Endra Ashbourne has taken his place as the XO of Invictus and is (slowly >_>) working on drafts of a training outline. With Triplicarius Abrams' transfer, Invictus has an open position for the first time in months. Potential members will be looked at in the coming weeks."

[18:14] Lestat Umarov: In regard to Armatura, I announced earlier this week that I was stepping down as the Commandant, passing the position off to Sekonda. I expect he'll do great things for the division and also expect a full report from him.

[18:15] Lestat Umarov: Also, a note on an academy from lupus. "i just want to report everything is that far done on the paper for the trainings only need chances to make practice tests but i failed this weeks 3 times to run a test out of to less volenteers .. so i cant make a report about progress ... i will start to make a forums thread explain what and how what i need ect and try to get in that way a full set of volenteers . im sry taht i was not able to run tests .. its a bit hard to keep up all night to be in the main times as european .. so im limited in people and time i got chances to run tests .."

[18:15] Lestat Umarov: And finally, a long overdue update to the terra handbook is due for around next wendsday or thursday. I'm done updating everything but chapter 5 which someone else is handling.

[18:15] Lestat Umarov: That concludes my report for Terra.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Phew. Thank you Lestat. Very good to hear. Lots of progress.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin Demar, for Astra.

[18:16] Sosarin Demar: Astra had one newer pilot to train. Training went very well! On that note, training regimen reform is still under way. Some documentation has been written after some discussion, so it is moving along nicely. In addition, Pancake has started developing a new maze for Astra that will incorporate combat elements. It should be interesting. A few members of Astra have applied themselves for Tactica. Also, a few administrative tweaks were made to accomodate our present active base -- details in the discussion thread. Combat participation has been just as well. That concludes this week's report.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome, thank you.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Navis?

[18:18] Ethan Schuman: Navis has the following matters to report this week.

[18:19] Ethan Schuman: Firstly, thanks to the efforts of multiple people, recruitment has been up and we have gained quite a few members. This is excellent news. However, I'm noticing a disturbing trend, and that is one of increasive inactivity and absence among Navis members. We will be having a divisional meeting to discuss this and other issues, at a time and date to be determined and announced later. My suspicions for this include a perceived lack of purpose for Navis on defensive duties and few mounted offensive deployment capabilities (Initiatives which allow Navis to utilize their vehicular assets). I have a few proposed solutions, which will be discussed with the Imperator and my staff. One of these that has already been given the go ahead from Aryte himself is an increase in Navis/Astra joint operation airstrikes. I will be working closely with Sosarin to develop protocols and schedules for air raids that will hopefully open up some chances for us to do what we're good at.

[18:19] Ethan Schuman: Secondly, some potential changes to Navis have been proposed, and while the likelihood of these being implemented varies for each idea, all are still in the planning stages and will remain there until we have had a chance to gauge opinion on each idea. One of these is the elimination of the Crew/Marines system and training all Navis members to fulfill both roles. In addition, instead of unlocking paths of weapons, members will unlock tiers, gaining both the Crew and Marine weapon at each tier. Also on the table are proposed Navis anti-aircraft turret emplacements to be added to Titan to assist in defending against enemy air assets. This would have the added benefit of giving Navis defensive responsibilities to supplement our current offensive only hardware. Another idea being discussed is the potential development of unconventional assets, such as observation satellites and remote controlled vehicles. I don't have too much more on that topic at this time, as it's a new idea that must be fleshed out, but conc

[18:20] Ethan Schuman: concepts and possible demonstrations should be available by next week

[18:20] Ethan Schuman: Also, a reminder. Navis/Invictus joint training should be happening in a few days, so keep your eyes open. In addition, I want to reinforce that the Navis meeting planned is mandatory, as we'll be having some important discussions.

[18:21] Ethan Schuman: This concludes the Navis report for this week.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Great, thank you very much.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Any other reports this evening?

[18:22] Sekonda Huet waves a paw.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Sekonda Huet, for Armatura.

[18:22] Sekonda Huet: I took control of Armatura as the Terra Commandant after Lestat stepped down from the position; Armatura is developing two new phases and has gained 3 Liasion staff, Vinnie, Anylsia and Scientific to help development in a new set of training that will include an assault course based inside a house allowing scored range targets, development of tactics, use of explosives etc etc. Should be good to see it when it's up and running, people interested should drop me an IM to "beta" test the house.

[18:23] Sekonda Huet: That's it c.c

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: I have a report on behalf of Zrazor, for Tactica.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: The roster has been chosen:

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Gulliver Carpool, Pancake Waffle, Kono Kestenbaum, Zero Itamae, Kraa String, Desereck Creegan, Samia Perun, Scientific Waffle, Trevor Russel(l), Zrazor Rozenstrauch.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: He wanted me to add: "Additionally, officers from each of the three main branches of Ordo will be drafted into a special divisional liaison role. Lestat Umarov will be representing Terra within Tactica, with Astra and Navis representatives to be selected."

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Any last reports?

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Great. Moving right along!

Keynotes - Old Business

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: On to keynote discussions.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Any old business to bring up this evening?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Perfect.

Keynotes - New Business

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: On to new topics. I have a couple to bring up myself, after which it'll be open to general topics.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: First up, as Kytec mentioned, the Praetorian Guard spent some time this week visiting allied regions to introduce themselves.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: During one visit, at the Merczateers, an incident occured during which Takkun Gray, our favorite antagonist of anti-Ordo sentiments, essentially trolled the visit.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Merczateers HC has extended their apologizes and Takkun was swiftly removed from officer status, bumped down to an enlisted position. Furthermore, all command and authorities he once had were removed. Including land and Ventrilo administration powers.

[18:29] Keystone Gray gives a victory air guitar-ing.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Haha, shh.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: This is a considerable step toward repairing the damage Takkun's dealt to our relationship with the Merczateers. I'm excited to see such a firm reply from our allies.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:30] Sekonda Huet: Party?

[18:30] Kono Kestenbaum raises his hand.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Kono.

[18:31] Kono Kestenbaum: If I could get it in a sentence... Why is Takkun so vehement against us?

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Takkun Grey's disliking for us is a pretty big mystery. The only event that he actually has tangible would be a situation over a year ago.

[18:31] Niiya Narayan raises her hand

[18:31] Desereck Creeggan raises hand.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: During which, Ordo members happened to shoot him because he fired at us after we were given permission to deal with an ex-Ordo traitor in the Merczateers.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Niiya?

[18:32] Niiya Narayan: Is he actually Chaos Imperialis? or was that a joke?

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: I am not sure. He is in the old Chaos group, which is defunct.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: He is banned from here, however.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck?

[18:33] Desereck Creeggan: Its not a question but a comment; No matter the reason why Takkun hates us as much, it shows how immature he is to pull something like this while we're trying to make a good impression on our allies. I am glad that our allies responded the way they did, showing they wont stand such an act against us without reprimand.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: I agree. Kytec handled the event extremely well.

[18:33] Kytec Switchblade: If i could add something.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Kytec.

[18:33] Desereck Creeggan: Safe to say: Takkun lost.

[18:34] Sekonda Huet: I'd just like to toss in a comment too.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Have it prepared, Sekonda.

[18:35] Kytec Switchblade: During the altercation i made multiple attempts to resolve any issues with Takkun, knowign it was likely a dead cause. But gave him every oportunity to show reason. Having never spoken to him before he proved pure dislike for the group and anyone inside it. His excuse was that we were acting like big bad praetorians, after i had mentioned "this is your home your rulse, we have no rank here, just trying to strenthen bonds"

[18:35] Kytec Switchblade: rules*

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: You did very well. It really demonstrated his malice was pointless.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Sekonda?

[18:36] Sekonda Huet: I'd also move to congratulate Kytec, as I am sure others would, on his patience as with Tenaki, Sera and Karl with their ability to not loose it at Takkun's being a twat. To be frank, I wouldn't have been so level headed and ready to be so placid as Kytec. I applaud him for it. :3

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Definitely, very well done. I am proud.

[18:37] Kytec Switchblade: Thank you all.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Any final questions or comments?

[18:38] Rei Kuhr raises a hand.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Rei.

[18:39] Rei Kuhr: So is there any qualms about Ordo visitations to Badnarik after this incident?

[18:39] Rei Kuhr: Aka will Takkun still be a problem.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: No, feel free. But be ultra-kind and document anything that happens.

Topics - From Aryte

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Moving on. Three more topics from me.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: A quick one: I just wanted to toss out a quick mention about random gunfire. There's been some laxity here, which, admittedly, I've also been guilty of (omg Pilum) from time to time.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Be sure to clear it before simply "testing" something off in the corner. Gunfire is usually associated with "oh shit" and it gets people off base.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Simple as using the comms.

[18:41] Rei Kuhr raises a hand again.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Rei?

[18:41] Rei Kuhr: Just wanted to say, if anybody really feels a burning desire to test something, going up to the range keeps people from freaking out and keeps you away from accidentally shooting someone.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Aye, very true.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic.

[18:42] Vinnie Lei raises hand

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Vinnie, question?

[18:43] Vinnie Lei: More like a comment, sir. Sometimes folks want the environment to test somethi9ng, eg, angle of an adjucator, but for the rest I'd suggest using the range, yes, as mentioned before.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Now then:

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: A big thank you to everyone. Development has been very stable and progressive as of late, it's a big credit to the group and our quality.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: However, I do want to apologize for how slow some implementation has been. I want to stress that there's a lot going on at once: just because it may seem stuff is "slow" doesn't mean there's nothing going on. I'm a bit behind on some pretty big projects, such as Schola revisions and unlock revamps.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: But they're coming! Just hold tight.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Furthermore, Terra command staff. Still hammering away at that over time. It'll get there.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:46] Rei Kuhr: I like my new boots!

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Amen.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Last topic from me this evening.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: This'll be primarily a topic discussed tomorrow at the administratio meeting, but I do want to give folks a heads up.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: We've got a considerable collection of extra capita that I'm going to be pumping into the group, that will be stuck towards one of a few things:

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Either pushed toward enlisting or forcibly soliciting the creation of new attire and armor.

[18:49] Rei Kuhr raises a hand.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Or, put toward Chronus donations.

[18:50] Rei Kuhr cheers, puts hand down.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Or, tasked to some other deed that I'll leave up to the officers to brainstorm over.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: To clarify, this is not donation funds or the likes. It's personal funds from me that I've budgeted and plan to dump into Ordo use.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions?

[18:52] Lestat Umarov: Nein

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: And as a reminder: all administratio are invited to the meeting tomorrow, 2:00 PM SLT.

Topics - General

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Opening up to general topics. Anything to bring up this evening?

[18:53] Blaze Wiles raises Paw

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Blaze?

[18:57] Blaze Wiles: New Jessie Sir, I've personally run into a 'problem' regarding our current or atleast as far as I'm aware our current SOP towards it, regarding our treating of allied and freindlies. in short most if not all our allied groups do not seem to act under the respect allied flags and personel in NJ, given this what exactly is our stance since NJ is essentially just a bit of fun for everyone

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Ah, well. Other groups can do as they please, but Ordo SOP is to leave allied flags alone. Likewise, unless otherwise stated (or if blatantly fired upon), do not engage allied groups.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: If an ally takes an Ordo flag, go retake it. If they persist, leave them a sticky grenade on the flag.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Ha ha.

[18:58] Anlysia Gregoire raises her hand.

[18:58] Anlysia Gregoire: Actually wait no.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia?

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Ok.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions?

[18:59] Samia Perun raises a hand

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Samia.

[18:59] Samia Perun: its not a question, just a point. Dont talk anything bad about certian people on /2 in NJ

[18:59] Samia Perun: because Mr Svenska at least has a channel scanner, and relishes the chance to prove it >.>>

[19:00] Samia Perun: its not a secure line

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Correct.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Within 96 meters, it is not.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: The way our HUD works:

[19:00] Diablos Korobase: ao off

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: You input your text at /2. A listerner can grab it.

[19:00] Diablos Korobase: ao on

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: It transmits it out to other huds on a secure channel.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: One that alternates.

[19:00] Desereck Creeggan raises hand

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: And it like -8354534546645456456456564.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Which is . . a lot more secure.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: But a simple channel 2 listener can grab chatter if you're close.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck?

[19:01] Samia Perun: haha, so if you smacktalk dark, do it far away

[19:01] Desereck Creeggan: I have a method of making it so even in close range they can not detect it

[19:01] Desereck Creeggan: Lets say that the COM channel would be bumped to a highly negative number like that

[19:02] Desereck Creeggan: Instead of having to memorize that number and retyping it every time

[19:02] Desereck Creeggan: A gesture can be made like /194726058 which in the gesture replace would have the /- number

[19:02] Desereck Creeggan: and ..

[19:02] Desereck Creeggan: that was my channel

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: It's not big enough of a concern to warrant having to deal with gesture lag.

[19:02] Desereck Creeggan: /?-

[19:02] Anlysia Gregoire: Avatars can't talk into negative channels, only objects.

[19:02] Desereck Creeggan: Well, highly positive channel then

[19:02] Samia Perun: its just a case of watch what you say, thats all

[19:03] Samia Perun: no need for anything fancy

[19:03] Kytec Switchblade: Protip: use tells, they cant be intercepted legally.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Pretty much.

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics this evening?

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Moving right along.

Promotions

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions!

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Now, as usual: don't qq! There's always next week. Some folks may simply have not been recommended, others may be under the time requirements, or maybe it was just lost in transit (happens, trust me).

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Ha ha.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Agares Tretiak - [Crown of the Preserver]

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Ash Alphabeta - [E-3] (Navis likes you! Highly recommended.)

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Billyjoe Benoir - [E-2] (Special mention. Sorry to embarrass you: but the amount of effort you put into making sure you made it through Schola was very commendable. Very well done!)

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: DamionStJames Webb - [instructor Merit]

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Ivellios Wiefel - [E-2]

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Jaxx Loon - [E-3]

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Keystone Gray - [Good Conduct Merit]; [Comrade Support Merit]

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Kraa String - [E-2]

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Lestat Umarov - [Architect of Eternity] *Have?

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Liana Pera - [E-3]

[19:07] Lestat Umarov: nope :D

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Niiya Narayan - [Administratio Qualification Merit]

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Oni Alter - [E-2]

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Pancake Waffle- [Good Conduct Merit]; [Comrade Support Merit]; [Architect of Unity Merit]; [Ace Combat Merit] *Whoa, the hell.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Renlu Roeth - [E-2]

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Samia Perun - [E-5]

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Samia Perun - [Good Conduct Merit]

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Scientific (< Pancake) Waffle - [Good Conduct Merit]

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Trevor Russel(l) - [Ordo Achivement Merit]

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Zero Itamae - [E-7]

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Well done everyone.

[19:08] Gulliver Carpool: sling

[19:08] Xayvien Rau: Q_Q

[19:08] Sekonda Huet: :D

[19:08] Samia Perun: :D presents

[19:08] Kytec Switchblade: Gratz all :D

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Very good work this week. I'll be shooting out merits while Karlhockey tosses out ranks. Shouldn't take too long.

[19:08] Desereck Creeggan: Congratulations all of you

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Other than that, I maaaay be a tad sparse later this evening.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Lots of homework to do (yay).

[19:08] Azaghul Apfelbaum: \o/

[19:09] Maximillion Edgeworth: Fun

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: So thank you, again!

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia draws up his arm, snapping a fist to his chest to provide a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.