Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 3/28/09

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux, Vexillarius, Terra Antesignani

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: Mar 28 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Weekly Ordo meeting.

SUMMARY: Right after an IS-wide counterattack, the Ordo meets together in the war room.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Introduction

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Let's get started.

[18:00] Sera Otoro: meeting about to start

[18:00] Dragon Massiel: No time for Shenanigans!

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Welcome to the weekly meeting.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: I am happy you could all make it.

Imperator's Report

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: . . Database is down! So I have no clue how many apps we took and denied this week. I do know we accepted several.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Capn, Detox, Xegras.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Welcome, welcome.

[18:01] Desereck Creeggan: Detox?! :D

[18:01] Capn Robonaught: =>

[18:01] Keystone Gray: Here here.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Sitting stable at 220 members.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: We should be sitting at 222, and will be after I actually reinvite SirNick.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Oops.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia makes a note.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: No losses in members this week.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: So awesome, very good there.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Combat . . has been incredible! Ha ha. Constant defense operations and several major offensives.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Especially today! Wow. More on that during keynote, however.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: All in all, it's been a great week. I've been very pleased with progress. Lot of work being done administrative side, so division reports may be a bit short.

Divisional Reports

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: On that note, let's go ahead and move on to those.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Volunteers?

[18:04] Keystone Gray: Navis.

Navis

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Keystone Gray, for Navis.

[18:04] Keystone Gray: Navis has the following to report this week:

[18:05] Keystone Gray: Yesterday, Navis held a divisional meeting, and it brought upon some great, progressive results. Ideas were explored, and we did get quite a bit to think about in terms of development of our role as a fleet division. Currently, staff is having talks about how each idea presented is implementable, and their viabilities in combat. I'd like to extend a great thanks to everyone who attended, especially Invictus. Your support is amazingly beneficial.

[18:05] Keystone Gray: Navis is also reconsidering our assigned role; the combat community has changed substantially in the last few years, and as such, fleet isn't generally accepted or allowed in much of the community. As such, we're entering a transitional period in which we will be looking for more ways to enable our deployability in combat.

[18:05] Keystone Gray: (We may make a Kanaki-Catapult to flatten our enemies)

[18:05] Keystone Gray: As of now, we're seeking a huge supportive role no matter what we decide to expand upon. This means that any new weaponry or tactics that come from our reworking of our division will, as a rule, be aimed at supporting Terra and Astra directly in the field of battle. We will be very much in tune with everyone else's opinions. We will remain constantly a fleet division when the need arises; this just means we're looking at other, more inventive combative roles.

[18:05] Keystone Gray: Divisional status: We have remained pretty steady with our member count. Lower than other divisions, around 20 members at any given time, but growing very slowly. We're working on it!

[18:06] Keystone Gray: That concludes the report.

[18:06] DamionStJames Webb raises his hand to further chime in as well.

[18:07] DamionStJames Webb says "I just wanted to take this time to thank all of Navis for being so patient with me and training. I'm still comming up with some advanced training for the rest of you, an I'd like every navis personelle member to be involved, including officers and praetorians."

[18:07] DamionStJames Webb: That's all I have

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, thank you.

Terra

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Astra, Terra?

[18:08] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:08] Heather McKay raises her hand.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Lestat, for Terra.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: My report for Terra this week will be somewhat brief, as I don't want to sound like a broken record repeating the same things as last week.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: To start, development was been going well all around. Antesignani is getting a bunch of new equiptment and Sera actually found the Predator tank she had been working on which she thought had been lost when her inventory got wiped.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From fulminata I have this statement from Hunter Abrams: "Fulminata is ready for recruits we have our training outline done and I am currently looking around for potintial members. All we are wating on is gear so we can update a few things"

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: And from Endra for Invictus: "Invictus has filled its final spot (Congrats Silver) and has started joint training operations with Navis. Our first session, held this past Wednesday, was a smashing success."

Antesignani

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: I'll report for Antesignani since agares isn't here. There's been a lot of development for the squad. We have a newly scripted Field gun called the Onager, as well as several tanks in development. Which will be fielded I can't really say off hand.

Terra Staff

[18:10] Lestat Umarov: On the Adiutors, we're currently dormant and regrouping as I work out the new standards with the rest of the staff. I will not be accepting applicants until we're ready so don't ask until I make a forum thread about it.

[18:10] Lestat Umarov: Finally, Lupus has submitted a finished overview of his accuracy training academy. I havn't got a chance to read the whole thing as of yet but it looks promising.

[18:11] Lestat Umarov: That concludes my report for Terra.

[18:11] Keller Teichmann raises his hand, reporting for Armatura.

Armatura

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, thank you. Heather, for Astra?

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Actually, go ahead Keller. Since you're Terra.

[18:12] Keller Teichmann: I'm reporting on Sekonda's behalf, since he had to pass out. Armatura's latest training program has been developed and has had a few test runs in the last week.

[18:12] Keller Teichmann: A few of you have seen the new killhouse in Ratin. The objective is for a person to run around the course as fast as they can; the word of the Imperator is "It's fun." So give it a shot, just ask one of the Magister's to take you there and run you through it. There are trophys to be won for breaking the time records. (The current record is 23 seconds I believe)

[18:12] Keller Teichmann: The five phase training has began and cadets will be given a more diverse training opportunity. A few positions are open in Armatura for instructors and those interested in joining should drop Sekonda an IM. That concludes Armatura's report.

[18:12] Lestat Umarov: Oh!

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: I hold the high score on the killhouse.

[18:13] Keller Teichmann: (on another note, Irish grammar is awful. D: )

[18:13] Samia Perun: actually

[18:13] Samia Perun: Mizar smashed your record Lestat

[18:13] Samia Perun: sorry :/

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Ahaha.

[18:13] Lestat Umarov: ;o;

Astra

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Astra?

[18:13] Mizar Korobase: >.>

[18:13] Heather McKay: OK, this will also be a brief report.

[18:13] Heather McKay: First off, I want to welcome Desereck to the Apostles, I look forward to his help in training the new Astra cadets.

[18:14] Heather McKay: I am proud of what I have seen in terms of air defense this week, still a few bugs to work out, but it will get there. Need to work on low-altitude defense.

[18:15] Heather McKay: I also would like to congratulate Kronus on obtaining his wings, congrats there, and welcome our newest Astra member, Xegras Xue to the division. I'm sure everone will give you a warm welcome to the division.

[18:15] Heather McKay: That concludes what I have for Astra, Fermi, would you like to add anything for the Apostles?

[18:15] Fermi Torok: Nay, that about covers it.

[18:16] Desereck Creeggan raises a hand to add upon

[18:16] Heather McKay: Oh, Desereck has some things in the works, I neglected to mention, but I'll let him explain.

[18:17] Desereck Creeggan: Astra has been progressing smoothly over the last weeks. I am drafting up new events for Astra to do on the off time and hopefully the Astra Event Committee will be restarted and fueled up.

[18:18] Desereck Creeggan: Anyone in Astra who would like to contribute are free to. Navis/Astra and Terra/Astra joints are also graviously accepted proposals

[18:18] Desereck Creeggan: Thats all I have to add.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, thank you

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Any other unit reports this week?

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent.

Keynote Topics

Old Business

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on then.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Any old business to bring up this evening?

[18:19] Mizar Korobase raises hand.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Korobase.

[18:20] Mizar Korobase: Just a note that I've returned, and resumed control of my octet. I've already submitted a report to Sekonda.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Welcome back. Glad to see you on this side of the dirt.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Any further old business to bring up?

[18:22] Silver Meridoc raises hand

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Silver.

[18:23] Silver Meridoc: Thank you Aryte, just to announce, the Ordo Documenta akak Imperial Courier group is ready, anyone interested in joining to help create this newspaper IM me after the meeting were we can talk about organizing articles for the paper that should be started soon

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Good to hear, thank you.

[18:23] Blaze Wiles raises paw

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Blaze?

[18:25] Blaze Wiles: Just a Quick Question about the Killing House, will other divisions be able to go and use this or is it solely Terra's domain, I ask because I'm a long time 22nd Reg SAS student, just curiouse

[18:25] Samia Perun: Im happy to run anyone through it

[18:25] Samia Perun: Just ask and ill take you up

[18:25] Blaze Wiles: Thanks

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Great. :)

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

New Business

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: All right, on to new business this evening.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Remarkably, I myself only have two topics. You can thank the massive enemy attack that distracted me before the meeting, ha ha.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: First up, I'd like to talk on that battle.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: It's really worth bringing up: I am extremely proud of you all. Even Kanaki.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: You did extremely well, handled yourselves brilliantly.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: It is incredible to see such fluid movement in large scale: over forty people participated from the Ordo.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: We counter balanced defense and two combat fronts abroad, with varying targets off and on. Combined with the Merczateers and EU, the enemy's intent to cooperatively attrite our positions was thwarted.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Special kudos to Inoue and Samia, who handled the offensive leads while I bounced between all three points. Keystone, thank you for managing defense.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: It is great for me, as an officer, to know I am able to simply say "you take care of this," knowing I can go on to another problem or situation while it is handled without incident.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: It speaks highly of our NCO and officer staff.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: So really, congratulations and good work today.

[18:31] Samia Perun: Thank you sir, but the thanks must go to my team, they worked perfectly and like clockwork

[18:31] Samia Perun: im proud of them

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Very good, thank you.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: And on to my next topic.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: I plan on--plan, let me underline that--having Terra command appointments and a solid Schola outline complete by Tuesday.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: I've been a bit bogged down with class, but free time this weekend should allow me to catch up.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for the patience!

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: You're all being easy this evening. Haha.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Opening up to general session. Any topics to discuss?

[18:33] Syl Kiranov raises hand.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Praetorian Kiranov.

[18:33] Syl Kiranov: A bug has popped up in SL's latest server update (1.26) which is causing mono scripts to drop time dilation drastically when they initialize. This means that mono-compiled bullets, explosions, etc. are lagging many sims to death when they're rezzed. I'd like to ask everyone to make sure you have the latest version of your Ordo gear which is recompiled for the old LSL VM to work around this... the SCAR-L, P99, Adjudicator, Nemesis, and Thanatos have all been updated. I'd also recommend that people follow our weapon guidelines so we don't see people using a lot of random third party guns with mono bullets. Anyone who scripts for Ordo can feel free to IM me for more info about this to make sure our gear is lag-free.

[18:34] Syl Kiranov: tl;dr version, update yo' gear.

[18:34] Inoue Katsu: i got something to add to that

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Centurion Katsu?

[18:36] Inoue Katsu: i think i'll have something ready in a week or so that we can just push a button and push new equipment versions out to whoever we want in mass

[18:36] Inoue Katsu: its getting hard to keep track of all the equipment versions right now, as i noticed again earlier

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Oh perfect.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Inoue.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic?

[18:39] Silver Meridoc raises hand

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Silver.

[18:40] Silver Meridoc: This will probasbly be best to talk after the meeting with you sir, but id like to make mention of a proposed unit for Iunvictus/Navis, to save time, id like to go into detail after if possible, Gulliver and Keller are also assiting me with this

[18:40] Desereck Creeggan raises a hand.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: We're planning on a Navis think-tank session after the meeting.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Desereck?

[18:41] Silver Meridoc: thank you sir

[18:42] Desereck Creeggan: I cant remember entirely if this was stated last week, but I'd like to say it anyways. When objects are left out, its entirely annoying to see random arrows pointing to them saying "RETURN ME". It leaves the person returning objects with more to return, and also a bright glowing arrow sticking out like a sore thumb.

[18:43] DamionStJames Webb nods in agreement.

[18:43] Desereck Creeggan: Calling someone who has return rights is much easier, and effective, and if no one is around to do that send a message to the owner of the objects, telling them where they are.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: I agree, thank you.

[18:43] Tiridates Mikadze raises his hand.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: We do have a significant, active estate staff.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Tiridates?

[18:44] Tiridates Mikadze: Thank you, sir.

[18:44] Tiridates Mikadze: I'd just like to remind you all of the importance of information security. While seemingly arbitrary, there are those forces at work which desire to aquire and exploit any lapses in our security, and as always, the first line of defense lies with each of us. If you aren't sure if something is safe or not to talk about, then the best bet is to not say anything and ask someone who would know at the soonest possible point. Together, we can protect the Ordo.

[18:45] Tiridates Mikadze: If someone asks, say you don't know, or that you can't talk about it at that time.

[18:45] Tiridates Mikadze: Thank you, again.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Tiridates.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic?

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Nothing further? Final call.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: I get the feeling there's a string of tiredness going on after the fight, haha. All right, moving on.

Promotions

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: On to promotions this evening.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: I've got an incredibly short list tonight. We had a very small amount of recommendations. I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone on our promotion practices:

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: If at any time you feel someone is worthy of recognition, promotion or merit wise, simply write up a short reason within a notecard and send it my way. It's necessary to get it in before 3:00 PM SLT on Saturday.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Promotion recommendations are reviewed regularly and a list is compiled.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Keep in mind a promotion or merit can be denied for various reasons. Among which, the minimum time requirements found within the handbook.

[18:51] Vinnie Lei raises a hand

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: It is important to remember promotions are not compulsory. If you're concerned that you're lagging behind, it may just mean the command staff and your peers haven't seen enough progressive attempts from you.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Likewise, many times, it may just mean you're probably going to wind up recommended next week or the week after. Ha ha.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Vinnie?

[18:53] Vinnie Lei: Is there feedback when one is accepted or denied after submitting such a recommendation? Like the reason or why or just simply the note being shredder through the shredder ;p

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: If you actually write your name in the recommendation, yes.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Some units do promotion routines in special cycles. Navis, for example, has staff meetings.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Terra commanders in their individual Cohors typically refer members of their unit.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Et cetera.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: However, you're always welcome to recommend a peer or someone not in your unit!

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Having said all of that, let's move on to the list here.

[18:55] Vinnie Lei: More like I recommend Discens Bob getting promoted E-3 but you think he's been E-2 for a too tiny time. do I get to know tht, or just shredded?

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: I usually will get back to you, yes.

[18:55] Keystone Gray: Bob is a Triplicarius.

[18:55] Vinnie Lei: Okay, thank you sir.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Ah, that reminds me! I did post a new promotion exam on the forums. So go check it out.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, this week's list:

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Gulliver Carpool - [O-1]

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Keystone Gray - [W-2]

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Faril Iredell - [E-2]

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Silver Meridoc - [E-4]

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Pancake Waffle - [E-7]

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Aaand that's the tiny list this evening.

[18:57] Desereck Creeggan: Gratz Gulliver!

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations and well done. I'll be passing out and setting paperwork for the next twenty minutes or so.

[18:57] Desereck Creeggan: And everyone else :D

[18:57] Lupus Mielziner: congratz to your promotions

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: So spread out and do your thing. Sim'll be open soon.

[18:57] Samia Perun: /sak

[18:57] Samia Perun salutes "Gentlemen..."

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Have a great day and good work! Officers, meeting tomorrow, remember!

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia draws up his arm, snapping a fist to his chest to provide a salute.

[18:57] ribena Homewood salutes!

[18:57] Mizar Korobase presents a sharp salute!

[18:57] Vinnie Lei salutes. "Ich liebe es wenn ein plan funktioniert.."

[18:57] Rei Kuhr salutes.

[18:57] Silver Meridoc salutes!

[18:57] Heather McKay salutes.

[18:57] Kronus Gaffer stands attention and salutes

[18:57] Kraa String places his hand on his chest in a proud salute

[18:57] Blaze Wiles salutes!

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia shouts: dismissed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.