Clicky

Keystone Gray

Our Current State - The Total Conversion

Given recent events, I find it no more fitting to describe what we're becoming: A hot contrast to what we once were. This is something that has been pinging around in my head for the better part of the last week, something that I've been wanting dearly to voice to everyone, lest anyone has not realized it yet.

The beautiful thing about being in a Metaverse as tangible as Second Life is that our world is what we make it. We can create things that no one else can destroy or take from us, and personalize our existences within this alternate world. Some view Second Life as a game, and that's entirely okay. For others, it's another form of expression. On that note, I'd say it's a perfect form of personal expression. Not just any expression, either; it is fluid, a work of art. It is inspired, and always changing.

By extension, Ordo is our world as well. It is all of these things, and as such it is very personal to all of us. We all work very hard to ensure that our world is to our liking. Take a step back and look at the grand picture, and you'll realize that we're not just a bunch of people somehow perfectly working together. There is order and there is structure and, among all of that, there is purpose.

Over the last six months, Ordo has gone through a complete revolution of goals and ideals. Losing Chronus (Our former R&D / Practice sim) to Linden Lab's void price increase was a grand wake-up call to us all. Ordo needed to expand and reform, or Titan could have been next. This led very quickly to our restructuring of Titan Industries.

With a whole new staffing of support, and new additions to development, Titan Industries eventually began work on multiple projects. So far, the following have entered the Titan Industries line: The AXE M4, the USP, the M3, the Bolter, the MP5-N, and the AK5, with at least six or seven other weapons in development. We very recently broke our records for sales when the MP5-N was released. Our money problems have entirely dissipated between our losing Chronus and today. We're in a good surplus, our development is booming, and we've never been doing better.

Among other things, we've essentially evolved Navis away. It has become an appendage of Ordo's history that, regrettably, is not needed. But its existence was far from a total loss. Through its last moments it gave birth to what is now the extension of Astra's airpower: The tactical bomber role. And now, with only two divisions to pick from instead of three, there is no longer any confusion surrounding the choice of career; it is now streamlined into "Air, or Ground".

And of course, admissions have been restructured and made more efficient. Our cadets are gaining more knowledge in a more practical manner with the Schola restructure; there are projects in the works geared towards academies to qualify both NCOs and officers. We've thinned the herd and cleaned out any trace of major drama within our ranks. We're at an all-time high, a record, for membership. We're preparing, and are prepared for, the major influx of people into the community around summertime.

Our developers, too, are constantly and tirelessly at work. New guns, new armor, new tools, new vehicles, new bases, new scripts; there is no end nor limit to what Ordo can create and achieve, no end visible on the horizon, and no end to our capacity to lead the way in technological innovations.

We are not the same group we were six months ago. Would you say it was a complete revolution, and a total conversion for the better?

Ever since i left mercz and joined Ordo right before the restart i had the feeling that Ordo was still not really restarted. Pretty much like a military that just started says "yeah we still gotta do this, and this is not finished yet etc". I've come to see that , that isn't true but we are constantly evolving and over the last few months that has been a relatively larger evolution than before that,

Now, i will drop in my 2 cents and reactivate Culinarius. For those of you that wish to become the Ordo Chefs. You have to write a 10.000 word essay about efficient use of biscuits, and cook for a grand jury existing of 30 people.

For a long time I myself perceived the Ordo to be 'The real baddies' but as time went on my misconception became all to apparent.

Having experienced most of the last 6 months from the outside of the group I can say without a shadow of a doubt from an external prospective that the Ordo Imperialis appears to improve itself as each day passes.

It's a pleasure to be here with each of you.

I agree. The Ordo is under constant change; the miniscule details are innumerable, countless, and always increasing.

And the reality is in any world, with people that change to the sway and rhythm of life, groups and individuals will always, always strive to change. Stronger, faster, more efficient, more streamlined. Just like war. Like the performing arts. Like sciences, and sports. Always changing, never standing still.

I'm sure this gets overwhelming, and sometimes to the point of being unbearable to some. But if the Ordo is really ever standing still, that day would be a very bad day for the Ordo. It would only mean that the life of the organization had suddenly vanished.

Fortunately for us, we are capable of not only keeping up, but excelling, striving ahead and leading. That is one of the reasons why I love the Ordo so. Brotherhood... and excellence, as well. For that, I have to give a thanks to every single personnel. We all contribute in some ways that keep that forward motion.

As for whether or not these changes in the Ordo are a complete revolution, or positive, I would have to say they certainly are both. They have made noticeable changes, and many of them are positive.