Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 6/6/09

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux, Triplicarius - Terra Antesignani

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 6 JUN 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General Topics

SUMMARY: Ordo gathered and discussed.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Let's get started. Thank you all for coming this evening. When I say: I'll try to keep this short, I actually mean it. I'm exhausted and want to nap. Hahaha.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: For the sake of routine, keep it quiet, no comments until I provide the opportunity.

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Let's begin with the weekly report.

Imperator's Report

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations, Ordo is currently at 246 members. Four short of our 250 goal.

[18:00] Lunus Ferraris Salutes! "Hail To The Imperator, Baby!"

[18:00] Aryte Vesperia: 15 new apps: 7 denied, 8 approved.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: 4 new applications as of today currently on the server.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: This week there were -18- defense operations.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: 7 offensives.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: No major changes in politics aboard-- Sparta waged their first major attack on Titan today, so that's an uplifting surprise.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Performance across the board in combat and cohesion is satisfactory and beyond. No major incidents to note.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: I do have a few major topics to cover this week, but they should be simple to touch on. With that said, unit reports?

[18:03] Sosarin Demar raises his hand for Astra.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Sosarin Demar, go ahead.

Astra

[18:04] Sosarin Demar: Overall Astra combat participation appears to be great. I give thanks to those who've hosted personal exercises, as well as to the progress (albeit little) made with training new flight instructors. Fighter aircraft training is proceeding thanks to the hard efforts of Heather McKay. Keystone Gray is working on gathering more Thanatos trainers. We were presented with obstacles this week when it comes to networking with other air divisions to schedule activities -- difficulties contacting people or lack of response. Next week will entail more flight training, some event planning, more effort to boost the instructor staff, and hopefully more events with other air divisions should they be more receptive.

[18:05] Sosarin Demar: That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:06] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you Sosarin

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: .

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Lestat Umarov, for Terra.

Terra

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: Nothing new to report for terra as a whole this week. We have some new members and combat has picked up quite a bit. Without further delay, onto squad reports. Forgive me if they're a bit light this week.

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Keller on Invictus: "Work has begun on a killhouse to do CQC and objective-based combat in, and the squad is building in activity, including a planned raid this weekend. The search for candidates has led to two new faces being brought on board, Teron Gray and Voxsu Aluveaux. Aside from that, however, all quiet."

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Gulliver on Antesignani: "No major developments. One excellent training session held. Coordination of a LMG project done; preliminary talks about a sniper rifle (Vai/Ayn and Zerow with one of those? Yes.)"

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Lilium on Fulminata: "Some inactivity issues, A forum meeting was called to help fix this situation. A new gun was put into test created by hokusai, awaiting the proper approval, The training program is undergoing review for modifications to better fit what is now required of an alpha squad. "

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From myself on the Adiutor staff: "I will be holding a meeting early next week to go into detail on the staff duties with the current squad members. This should put to rest any confusion of what exactly they're supposed to do, allow them to ask questions and provide suggestions, as well as give them additional duties."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: I have nothing to report on Armatura, altho Dascede may have something herself. I plan on having a meeting with her tommorow to discuss proposed changed to the current training.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: That concludes my report for this week.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Lestat. Do any other units wish to report this evening?

[18:09] Dascede Aluveaux raises hand.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Dascede Aluveaux, for Armatura.

Armatura

[18:10] Dascede Aluveaux: I am disappointed to report that activity this week has been rather sparse. I am down to only a few magisters at the moment, and I will be looking for new staff. Keep your eyes open for a forum post. Before I can do this, I would like to get the meeting out of the way. Watch next week or so.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Dascede.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Any other units?

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome.

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: On to old business.

Old Business

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Does anyone have anything they'd like to bring up in the way of old business?

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Eeeven better. Moving right along.

Keynote Topics

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: I'll start with covering today's event.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you who were here-- we were the target of what appeared to be "MMC 3." The inventively named "Make Mercz Cry" assaults done by large coalitions of anti-IS groups. The last two attacks (go figure) were on Merczateers.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: As for an outcome . . the attack made it no where. Combined with the sheer number of people teleporting in (Ordo reinforcements and enemy included), it bogged the sim down to .01 TD.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: By the time the enemy regrouped, Ordo's defense was up to forty+.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: CATI, CS, ROG, Sparta, RR, TCG, and SCS were all involved.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Only two individuals made it across the ridge.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Both of which lagged there.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: A third made it halfway across the north bridge before Williamca pistol whipped him.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: The Ordo promptly counter attacked CATI and TCG.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Both assaults were highly successful.

[18:17] Mihr Angel Wings 4.2.1: Systems Online

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: At this time, we expect another assault is planned for Sunday.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: However it is not certain when, as the Merczateers host their weekly meeting about mid-day.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: If any large attack occurs, you will be alerted via-group chat or notice.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: As a wrap up, I'd like to commend all of you for your participation today. You were outstanding, on both offense and defense.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Especially, kudos to Anlysia for her leadership on the attack on CATI. It was excellent and very well handled.

[18:19] Anlysia Gregoire: .o7

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions!

[18:20] Sosarin Demar raises hand.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar.

[18:21] Anlysia Gregoire raises her hand.

[18:21] Sosarin Demar: Were any air assets used? (Sorry, I missed the event)

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: There were, during the defense of Titan.

[18:21] Sosarin Demar: Okay, thank you.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Williamca, Bob, Blaze, and Niiya were all in the air -- pardon me if I missed someone.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: All enemy planes were dealt with without incident.

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Anlysia?

[18:22] Anlysia Gregoire: Desereck for a bit, too. But he had problems with graphics. Also, you mention another on Sunday....against us, again, or Mercz this time? Or unknown?

[18:22] DamionStJames Webb raises hand

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: The probability is that they will engage the Merczateers, based upon the fact our defense is too substantial numerically. The Merczateers have more space to defend with an equal number of folks as us on guard. It'd only make sense to attack them.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Damion?

[18:24] DamionStJames Webb: I wanted to know if I could bring something to peoples attention on another point

[18:24] DamionStJames Webb: Or should I wait

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: If it isn't pertinent to this topic, then await the appopriate time.

[18:25] DamionStJames Webb: Sure no problem I withdraw my hand till later

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Any other comments or questions?

[18:25] Morten Hassanov raises hand

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Morten.

[18:26] Morten Hassanov: now this isnt relevant military business, just a request

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Is it pertinent to the current topic?

[18:26] Morten Hassanov: no

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: . . Then again, please wait until the appropriate time.

[18:26] Keystone Gray raises his hand.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Keystone. I will kill you if this isn't pertinent.

[18:27] Keystone Gray: It is, sir.

[18:28] Keystone Gray: In regards to the effect of deterrence via defensive infeasibility, are we any closer to the sim rebuild? I can imagine that the sooner we get on that, the more willing they'd be to start attacking us, if the rebuild is more strategically fair to the attackers. Titan, currently, is a bottleneck-ridden killing floor. :P

[18:29] Keystone Gray: Err, offensive infeasibility*

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: I don't believe any sim build would provide a sense of fairness at our size. A second region is really needed. Neither of those goals are beyond an idea.

[18:30] User not online - inventory has been saved.

[18:30] Daffee Vita Raises hand?

[18:30] Keystone Gray: Okay, thanks.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Daffee?

[18:30] Daffee Vita: Give the enemy the base, and we get the hub, then it will be fair? =P

[18:31] Keystone Gray: ... I ...

[18:31] Keystone Gray: Lemonade came out of my nose.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: If you can get forty enemy, sure.

[18:31] Snowean Avro: haha

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Let's move on.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: It was announced before, but it is official at this point. Kitsy Bunnyhug, Curia Consul, has stepped down from her position in order to focus on school. She will still be about to torment her friends and help Curia on an advisory level, but we're unfortunately forced to let real life have her for a little bit.

[18:34] Tsume Xiao: o.o

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Kitsy /is/ my oldest friend. I met her on my third day of Second Life, in a sandbox. She was standing on a friend's head, and then shot me with a watermelon gun. Her constant presence here will be missed without doubt, but she is certainly not "gone."

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: This does shift power in Curia. Justice Capalini will assume the role as the primary Consul, effective immediately.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: This leads me into my next topic: reworking integral portions of the Ordo for efficiency.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Curia usually seats two Consuls. This leaves a vacancy to be filled. We will be looking for an individual to take the position, but in the long run I have three primary goals this summer:

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: 1. Restructure Curia to be more judicially sound, efficient, and effective.

[18:38] Wolf Tail >^.^<: Keystone Gray pulls out a staple gun and staples Lunus Ferraris's tail to the ground. Let's see you get away now!

[18:38] Keystone Gray: ...

[18:38] Karlhockey Forte: . . . .

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Stop.

[18:38] Williamca Zenovka: ...

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: 2. Increase the investigative soundness of Frumentarii, but enating ethics and real strategy of operation utilized in the law community.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: By enacting, rather.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: 3. Review and tailor Terra to better fit activity requirements and total quality management for officer staff.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: It is my goal to be prepared with #1, the Curia restructure, by the end of this month.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: My tentative plan is increasing Curia staff, by including a third consul.

[18:42] Rei Kuhr raises a hand.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: The primary consul will act much as they do now, a supervisor with wide encompassing powers, whereas the two sub-consuls would specialize in different areas-- applications, incident reports, armor and so forth.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: In the event of an incident report requiring judicial review, a quorum of consuls would decide upon the situation.

[18:43] Rei Kuhr lowers hand.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: It would also permit the idea of open-forum trials.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Allowing for a higher level of justice, routine, and established precedence for rule of law within the Ordo.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Lastly, the idea of precedence will be followed. A database of past rulings will be kept, publically available.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Thus allowing for the law to actually be living and more fair, rather than arbitrarily applied to situations.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: As a law nut and a justice major, the idea is exciting to me. What it means to you all: living, intelligent, fair justice.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Although Curia has performed admirably to date, the size of the Ordo does require changes to our group, to continue to evolve and to continue to provide services to the members.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: #2, the Frumentarii development, is currently underway and will also likely be finished by the end of this month.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: As per the nature of Frumentarii-- I can't quite say much. But we're working to change the paradigm of the intelligence operation, moving it towards a blanket agency with technological and communication powers, providing protection for the group from threats that aren't always readily apparent.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Most of all, the Frumentarii will be formal and available, with channels of cooperation with Curia to increase the capabilities of Curia through investigation. But, with that increased capability, there will be checks and balances.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Gone are the days where the Frumentarii have this mystical air of cloak and dagger.

[18:51] Keystone Gray: I use the Dead Ringer.

[18:51] Lestat Umarov: I can't use fiber wire anymore? :c

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Again.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Quiet.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Rather, they are to be viewed appopriately, as military intelligence and an active, progressive shield for the group.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: And lastly, #3 is a long term project.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: I am reviewing the overall structure of Terra, including the possibility of shifting current standards of octets and centuries.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: I wish to garner maximum potential from the group, while providing more opportunity for participation.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Please don't ask too many questions on this topic-- it's still one I'm very much so thinking hard on.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: I will take some questions at this time.

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Last call for questions on this topic.

[18:55] Jayce Iredell raises his hand....

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Jayce Iredell.

[18:55] Jayce Iredell: I just thought about it since mentioning of database, I haven't been on mervury for sometime as you can probablyimagine, but the last time I was on it it was in need of some major information updates...... Possible that might come into affect aswell?

[18:56] Trevor Russell: (just as inoue logs off)

[18:56] Jayce Iredell: (Conveniently :P)

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Mercury is constantly evolving. Inoue is very keen on keeping it on the leading edge of our needs.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: For example, the unlock system-- Inoue is nearly done with the back-end hardware for it, allowing for easier distribution of our weapons and better management of unlocks.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Information wise, we do have several people devoted to keeping it up to date.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Beyond that, all officers are able to add and change classifications, so as to make sure there's less lapses in accuracy.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Last call.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. In short: look forward to some good changes. Ha ha.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Opening up to general topics at this time.

[18:59] Trevor Russell raises hand.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Trevor Russel.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: +l

[18:59] DamionStJames Webb raises hand

[19:00] Trevor Russell: This is a question from Morten Hassanov. He would like to know if the armor pack could come with a generic shape, for people who don't care what shape they are, and just want the armor to fit?

[19:00] Intus Infinity raises hand.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: That can be done, but keep in mind Niiya made the armor. And Niiya has breasts.

[19:02] Tsume Xiao mutters something on how technically males have breasts too.... just not as pronounced...

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Damion?

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia mutters something about people constantly commenting out of turn.

[19:02] DamionStJames Webb: SOrry got Im swarmed

[19:03] DamionStJames Webb: I was going to comment that I noticed alot of people rezzing illegial vehicles within titan, I had to catelogue two instances earlier this week and I wanted to remind people about the policy regarding authorized vehicle use

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Infinity.

[19:04] Intus Infinity: Current ordoimperialis.com website statistics for the week of 05-30-09 to 06-05-09: There was a total of 3,074 visits (11.26% were new visits), 555 unique visitors, 25,693 page views, and the average time on website was 10 minutes, 2 seconds. Most visitors are from the US(2,088), the UK(337), and Canada(239). For a more detailed analysis, please see PDF document: http://intus.ordoimperialis.com/wrd060609.pdf

[19:04] Intus Infinity: Thank you, and as a reminder please do not be afriad to send me or my administrators an IM if your rank is not updated on the forums, or any other sort of question.

[19:05] Rei Kuhr raises a hand.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you!

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Rei?

[19:06] Rei Kuhr: Just wanted to point this out as it's been a bit of an issue lately. If you're going to host any form of live fire training exercise, always clear it with the OIC first.

[19:06] Rei Kuhr: There's been a lot of what's seen as random firing going on lately.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Oh yes, thank you.

[19:07] Gebastram Andretti: sling

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics this evening?

[19:08] Vinnie Lei raises hand a bit

[19:08] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Vinniiie.

[19:09] Vinnie Lei: I've kinda seen officer kinda hats on some and even if it looks really cool, can't stop but feel it should be as it meant to be... for occifers?

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: A formal ruling was not made to limit visor caps to officers.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: They are generally universal in use.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: It's not specific to officers.

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: Eeethan?

[19:11] Ethan Schuman: I'll be brief. Quick update on VerticalSim. Nexii has gotten tanks working, while I work on aircraft. Expect a demo soon, probably by Tuesday.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome! Looking forward to it.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Give us a brief idea as to what VS is.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Or you'll have 90 "wot dat?" ims.

[19:12] Ethan Schuman: VerticalSim is the concept of flipping a sim onto its side so that instead of being 256m wide by 256m long, it's 256m wide by 4096m long.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[19:13] Lone Marksman raises his hand.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Marksman?

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: "Read the Ordo Dispatch for an explanation!"

[19:13] Lone Marksman: The [Ordo Dispatch] made its debut last Sunday and with great success, and we've been hard at work and've got another edition ready to roll out in the morning, so be sure to keep updated and check out the [Ordo Dispatch] terminals tomorrow to keep current on the news! We've got a number of hot button and interesting articles featured in this one. Check us out!

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: O.

[19:13] Lone Marksman: Haha, and yes, what the Imperator's said. We featured a Vertical Sim article last week. ;P It'll be available for the remainder of the night in the terminals around base.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: :D Thank you. Looking forward to the next issue. You guys are doing an awesome job.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Any laaast topics?

[19:14] Ethan Schuman: No. Dismiss the meeting and go to bed, you baby eating bastard.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Hahah.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Nooo.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: On to promotions.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Okay, before we get into this, I want to make a quick comment.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: The list is pretty tiny this week (comparatively to last week).

[19:15] Sera Otoro: zzzz.... thank you ethan..... zzzzzzzz.....

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: There are a few reasons.

Promotions

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: One . . new unlock system almost here, so I am trying not to stack people with unlock points. And two, letting the hierarchy stabilize while I do officer promotions.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: So don't be surprised if I focus on lower (or rather, if we as officers focus on lower) ended promotions -- E-1 to E-3 areas.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, hold your cheers and confetti until after I make my final words at the end of the list.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Blaze Wiles - [Marksman]; [Ordocon]

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Cyric Paine - [E-2];[Combat Prowess]

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: DamionStJames Webb - [E-7]

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Faril Iredell - [Combat Prowess]

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Genesis Ronmark - [E-2] <- that was fast.

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Iratius Minotaur - [E-2]

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Jason Backer - [E-5];[Good Conduct]

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Jaxx Loon - [E-5]

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Josey Bingyi - [E-2]

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Karmyn Maurer - [E-2] <- oo, fast too.

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Kraa String - [Ordocon]

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Rei Kuhr - [Good Conduct]; [Homeland Defense]; [indoctrination]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Renji Bikcin - [E-2]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Scientific Waffle - [Comrade Support] [Probably his 90th.]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Sera Otoro - [Ordocon]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Teron Gray - [Good Conduct]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Tsume Xiao - [E-4]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Ty Zucker - [E-2] <- yay.

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Voxsu Aluveaux - [E-4]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Williamca Zenovka - [E-3]

[19:19] Aryte Vesperia: Zero Itamae - [E-2] <- snerk.

Meeting Closer

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: All right.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: I'll have everything handed out within the hour.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: I do want to say, thank you all for a great week. We've had a rough start to summer, but it's really coming around.

[19:21] Ethan Schuman: Thanks. Now, on behalf of the Ordo... GO TO BED.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: I appreciate your time and look forward to next week.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: I am not going to bed, dammit!

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: You're dismissed. Have a wonderful evening.

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.