Clicky

Johann

Ordo Meeting 190909

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Okay, let's get started. Everyone quiet down. Don't talk out of turn. Stop IMing me. Etc.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: I have absolutely nothing prepared, so I'll be winging this.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: I'm slightly frazzled, so pardon me if I am unusually slow. To begin, member count at 261. Down two inactives that none of you would even know, so no harm there.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Cadet count up to 21.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Applications this week . .

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: 16 new. 6 approved.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: 9 denied.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Defense work this week, let's see.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: 39 defenses.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: 8 offenses.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomacy. No notable shifts. All is quiet. Thank the school year for that, and our low numbers.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Promptly on to unit reports.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports?

[18:10] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises hand.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Vasiliev. Standing in for Terra.

[18:11] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Hello, I am Optio Z. Vasiliev and I will be standing in for Legate L. Umarov for this weeks report. Lestat apologizes for not being able to be at this meeting, the reason for his recent irregularity in activity is due to him moving to Ohio. Lestat is expected to be back sometime within the week. Without further delay, our weekly report.

[18:11] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Nothing much to report in the way of Terra as a overall, moving on to unit reports.

[18:12] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Keller "Fish Sticks" Teichmann for Invictus: "Another good week from Invictus. Work's begun on training with Terminus, as well as laying some groundwork for CATI raids and other group actions. With myself and my computer back in line, this should be a busy week up ahead for Invictus as well. :>"

[18:12] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Myself (Zerowinged Vasiliev) for Antesignani: "The first of many future Sunday Antesignani raids went over well, the squad preformed admirably and to high standards. One training was preformed nothing major in that category. I have assigned liaisons for the other Alpha squads; the other leaders have been informed. All cool here."

[18:12] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Zrazor Rozenstrauch for Fulminata: "To deal with the issue of inactivity, Fulminata is going through the roster in order to purge inactive/non-contributing members and initiating a recruiting drive, during which we will focus in bringing new talent and fresh faces into the squad. Once the squad is up to full capacity, we will resume regular training and initiate new joint-training efforts with Antesignani."

[18:13] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Myself for Aduitors: "Possible restructure upcoming. No word on the gasmasks progress at the moment. Lestat should have more to say when he gets back."

[18:13] Zerowinged Vasiliev: This concludes the weekly report for Terra.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:13] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar for Astra.

[18:13] Sosarin Demar: Terminus has been working to organize training and I admire the energy. Cohesion is being established and I am pleased. Dropship is still in the works. Training queue has been rather quiet (good job keeping it clear, Apostles) and combat participation has been good. Overall a pleasing week. Next week there will be more progress in the area of Terminus, thanks to its command staff, and an event being hosted by Kraa. In addition, Ethan Schumann has been working on a new aircraft. He'll be touching on it during this meet. :D That concludes Astra's report for this week.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Demar.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Do any other units wish to report this evening?

[18:14] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises hand.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Rozenstrauch.

[18:15] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: For Tactica: The projects mentioned at last week's meeting are underway. Recruiting efforts showed a positive response, and we're slowly building up an index of prefab raid briefings, as well as maintaining normal sim recon and analysis operations. Development of the ally/enemy recognition academy is being put on the backburner for now as we focus on tactical development. There are still slots open and applications are still being accepted. Those interested can IM me for one.

[18:16] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Rozenstrauch.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Anything further from Tactica?

[18:17] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: No. That is all.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tretiak.

[18:18] Agares Tretiak: The Praetorian Reorganization efforts have been focused into a single, unified document. As appointed by the Imperator, I have been writing the Carta Praetorian, which will be an extremely detailed explantion of the Guard and its new role. So far, it stands at 15 pages, with one more section of 2-3 pages to finish.

[18:18] Agares Tretiak: Hopefully, I will have the draft ready by this evening or Sunday.

[18:19] Agares Tretiak: Thank you, my lord.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Do any other units wish to report?

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, moving on then.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Old business. Does anyone have any old business to bring up this evening?

[18:20] plops Magic raises hand

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Magic.

[18:21] plops Magic: i was just wondering if we where going to reach our recruiting goal before our anniversery

[18:21] Agares Tretiak raises his hand as well.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Uh.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Not something specifically in my control.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Presumably. No.

[18:21] plops Magic: aye ty sir

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tretiak.

[18:22] Agares Tretiak: THe academies are undergoing a major overhaul, and being renamed the Imperial Ludi. Expect to see developments in that direction within the next month. I appreciate the patience everyone has demonstrated and an increas einterest shown lately, in particularly, the Artillery course.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Any further old business to bring up?

[18:24] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Schuman.

[18:26] Ethan Schuman: On the topic of recruiting, I've recently (as in an hour ago) been made aware of a group of gamers from another game I play having a presence in Second Life. They have a scripter in their ranks, and possibly an animator as well. I'll be speaking with them more about it later.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Last call for old business.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: All right, on to the part where you get to listen to me ramble.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: I have a few topics this evening, again, none of which I had time to prepare notes for. So pardon me if it is haphazard.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, would anyone be interested if I made a post on the forums that shows me "to-do" list. Sort of a "what exactly /is/ Aryte doing?" list, where people can reference and a: see how miserable I am, b: if I forgot something they needed, c: add to it.

[18:29] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I would.

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Or would I be wasting my time and no one would read it?

[18:29] Garion Lowenhardt: I'd read it.

[18:29] Desereck Creeggan: Everyone'd read it.

[18:29] Garion Lowenhardt: True.

[18:30] Kytec Switchblade: I think thats a really great idea actually

[18:30] Garion Lowenhardt: Though might I suggest a measure of constraint as to who can post on it?

[18:30] Keystone Gray: Don't we have a weekly schedule already on the calendar?

[18:30] plops Magic: i would read it aqswell

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: All right. I'll do that. SOmetime tonight, mayhaps.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for the feedback.

[18:30] Jayce Iredell: He means like what projects are being worked on, we need one for munitorum and hell, why not do one for each division?

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: That's my next topic.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Along that same note: there is like a billion projects ongoing . . annnnd about half of them have dropped off the map. If you are working on something, send me a note-card update or post it on the forums by Wednesday please.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: A short "this is what I am working on, this is the progress" will suffice.

[18:32] Heather McKay is Online

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: That will helpe me determine whether or not it is something you need my help with, or if you're on task, or if you actually gave up and someone else may need to do it.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: A few months ago I bitched about people being accountable for projects they pick up. So let's see a little of that, por favor.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:33] Garion Lowenhardt raises hand

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Lowenhardt.

[18:34] Garion Lowenhardt: Would you prefer one notecard with all ongoing Ordo projects, or one for each project, with any and all personnel involved listing what aspect/aspects they're responsible for, and the status of those aspects?

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: One is best.

[18:34] Garion Lowenhardt: So one per individual.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Aye.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Good question, thank you.

[18:34] Garion Lowenhardt: Sure.

[18:34] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Some of you would be sending me like ten , so, heh.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Schuman?

[18:35] Ethan Schuman: Something I'm aware of, but others may not be, is the Munitorium overhaul. Could you briefly touch on what you know about it for the benefit of all present?

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Essentially Anlysia Gregorie is heading up an overhaul of our design/development branch, creating a more streamlined and regimented approach to the creation, testing, and issuing of gear. Currently Munitorum is not structured. It's just . . a tag.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: The hope is to create standardization and higher efficiency in content creation, while properly sharing scarce resources-- such as scripters, or Tenaki.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Does that help?

[18:39] Ethan Schuman: That should be good. Thank you.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Any other questions?

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: OIC/NCOIC authority and the use of the enumerated powers herein.

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Therein, really. But as I was saying.

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: I want to touch on the point and purpose of being an OIC or NCOIC on headquarters, as a refresher. Also, to prod at a concern brought up to me a few days ago.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: To begin, it is very, very important that the region, at any given time, has a standing officer in command or an non-commissioned officer in command.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: As the OIC/NCOIC, you are responsible for: ensuring defense is coordinated, providing authority decisions on visitors, documenting incidents/combat, and managing behavior on region.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: There are three weak spots to note. One. Handing over OIC/NCOIC when proper.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: If you are going afk, going to log, going to do anything that would otherwise inhibit your ability to give clear and present oversight . . pass your command off to someone.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly. Laxity in assuming OIC/NCOIC.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: If you're above E-7, you're basically on the hot list for being sim command. If you don't like that, you shouldn't be an officer. If you have questions or are uncomfortable/need my help/need tips. Talk to me.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: I don't bite.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: I will, however, break your knees if it's 3 AM and five officers are on sim, and somehow I have to pass command to an E-4.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: As an NCOIC, you are sort of wearing a hat that's much bigger than your usual status. You've assumed control of the sim and suddenly b een given powers officers would otherwise exercise.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: And this leads me into my next weakness: misuse of OIC/NCOIC powers.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Command is a responsibility. It is also a privilege to have that authority over the others present on region.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Howeveeeer.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: If you abuse that authority, you're not only weakening your own position, but you're creating unease for those on region.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: If you're creating unease, you're lessening the probability someone's going to give a crap about coming back on sim.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Command must be consistent, polite, and reasonable.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: No one here is Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

[18:50] Chase Quinnell: :)

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Or whatever character Lee Ermery plays with an obnoxious shouting and ego waving.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Success in command comes with the obedieance of your subordinates. No one is forced to be here. And no one will be here if command is abused.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: In short, please follow Aryte's simple rules when it comes to exhibiting authority. Be polite. Be civil. Be level headed.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: To everyone's credit in the command field, I've only received a very small number of complaints in regard to command abuse. Veery small.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: But even that's unacceptable!

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: It is one of my primary responsibilites to ensure proper application and use of authority. If anyone is ever throwing their weight around in a way that concerns you, drop me a line!

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Final call.

[18:54] Czyrek Essel raises paw

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Essel.

[18:56] Czyrek Essel: I have been on (only twice so far) where i was the only person (or only non afk person) on the sim and this is usualy realy early in the morning about 5am, at this time i would realy like to be in bed, but i cant leave unless someone comes and takes oic from me, what should i do in this situation (when no one comes to muster calls)

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Good question. That's my next topic.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: From the hours of 2 to 6 AM, there is like this gross hole in our defense. There always has been, it's the twilight hour. Very few people are awake, and those on the other side of the world are just waking up. Thus, this school year nonsense cut down our 8-10 people on that late to a nice 1-3.

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: There's only so much that can be done. Unfortunately I can't force people to come join defense. However I would really urge anyone who's online to answer a muster. Think of it this way.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Not only is it everyone's responsibility to pitch in-- but let's take Czyrek's example. It's 3 AM. He's all by his lonesome. Let's say, eh, 10 people are online and off base.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: All it'd take it four of those people rotating in thirty minute shifts, or even just dropping in briefly, to hold down the fort. I know it's late/early. But thirty minutes isn't really a horrible amount of time to spare to lift some of the pressure off the late nighters.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: At that hour, the probability is your more dire threat will be a disgruntled Brazilian wearing four Fairlight guns.

[19:01] Aryte Vesperia: A skeleton crew can tackle that. So I would politely ask: please do pitch in during the late hours. For Czyrek's sake. Look at him. He's tired.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Comments, questions?

[19:02] Agares Tretiak raises his hand.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: Tretiak.

[19:04] Agares Tretiak: Should we post a "refresher" of some basic guidelines people need to follow as OIC/NCOIC, on the forums? it may alleviate some of the apprehension some have about taking the responsiblity, if there's something ready to look at.

[19:04] Aryte Vesperia: We could.

[19:05] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Schuman.

[19:07] Ethan Schuman: A possible suggestion with the late night defenses would be to perhaps incorporate a special segment into the PRF participation section with late night defenses or something like that. That way, there can be a reward for the people who sacrifice their time (and sleep) to defend the base when the rest of us are offline.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Hm.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: Possible, yes.

[19:08] Desereck Creeggan raises his hand on that note.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Creeggan.

[19:08] Lupus Mielziner raise hand on that note too

[19:08] Chase Quinnell raises hand on that note as well. (i agree)

[19:09] Desereck Creeggan: It would be hard to keep track of who is online in the late hours if its only 1-2 people on sim, witch only one active. Unless it was a mercury thing. The related note of adding something to the PRF though is attendance at meetings such as this.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Is. And true.

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Mielziner.

[19:10] Agares Tretiak: ...

[19:10] Lupus Mielziner: In general i agree in thats a good idear . but the night time for the usa is quit my afternoon actaully its night right now for me so it would be a advantage for european people if there would be rewards like when i got a day of ork or get home early in a regular sshift the night timw from 3-9 am slt is my main time .... as example

[19:11] Lupus Mielziner: and also you cant really keep track of hos online and active and hos not i got normal 10 ppl on sim or 5 wich are no or semi afk or nap would be a ton paper work to get a chance to track who is to reward and who not

[19:11] Vex Naxos raises hand

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: True.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Chase Quinnell?

[19:13] Chase Quinnell: Lupus and Deserecks words are my own

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Vex Naxos.

[19:14] Vex Naxos: Well, maybe some sort of punch in/ punchout system could be made?

[19:14] Keystone Gray: We aren't unpaid work.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Mercury sort of already does that for you.

[19:15] Vex Naxos: o.o, never knew, nevermind then.

[19:15] Aryte Vesperia: Any other comments?

[19:15] Desereck Creeggan raises his hand "one more."

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: (And I mean sort of--it records you in some ways.)

[19:16] Aryte Vesperia: Creeggan.

[19:16] Keystone Gray: MERCURY: FRUMENTARII's RECREATION OF 1984.

[19:16] Jayce Iredell raises paw.

[19:17] Desereck Creeggan: I forgot to detail this in my post above, but, it would promote people just leaving their characters on sim when they go to bed if you get "Free points" for being on sim at 12-6AM SLT.. so it would have to detail into how actualy active you are at such late hours.

[19:17] Aryte Vesperia: Right.

[19:18] Aryte Vesperia: Iredell.

[19:18] plops Magic: sling

[19:19] Jayce Iredell: I would like to comment on what Aryte means here, about Mercury, its not 'big brother' Mercury keeps track of all authetification. Whichs means if you are wearing a weapon per'se and you log in, it checks for auth, it does this to check against the group tag. However whether or not you are in tag, does not matter for the utility hud, as it checks the server against a list of members on Mercury, instead of group auth, and thus reciords the location you logged in at, and the time, date etc.....

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Correct.

[19:20] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[19:21] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent.

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: And last topic from me

[19:22] Aryte Vesperia: .

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: I hate the school year. Please quit school so I can have 70 person meetings again.

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: I am kidding. About the quitting part.

[19:23] Kytec Switchblade: That's advice you can bank on!

[19:23] Lupus Mielziner: <3

[19:23] Aryte Vesperia: That is all. Open to general topics. Anyone?

[19:24] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[19:24] Aryte Vesperia: Schuman.

[19:25] Ethan Schuman: Sosarin mentioned it earlier, so I think this is the proper time to bring it up. Over the past few days, I've been working on a flight core to replace the aging Praeda

[19:26] Ethan Schuman: I've codenamed the project Predator, and I should mention right now that the test frame many of you all have seen is NOT the frame that we will be using. Instead, Syris Andel will be sculpting a new ship... or rather, a new take on an old design. Ladies and gentlemen, the Mamba is coming back, and she'll be better than ever.

[19:28] Ethan Schuman: The new Mamba Predator will have a substantial list of improvements over the current Praeda design. The first concern I'd like to address is how it will handle. I've been doing my absolute best to mix traits of the Praeda and the Ferox with designs of my own. So it will in its base form, feel very familiar, and it will be just a tad bit faster.

[19:29] Ethan Schuman: Another feature I'd like to mention, is that unlike our previous fighter designs, the Mamba Predator will have a very useful feature... the ability to switch from coupled to decoupled camera flight on the fly, without unsitting, or even restarting, your plane.

[19:30] Ethan Schuman: For those of you who don't know what that means, it means that your plane can fly like a Praeda or Ferox (Coupled cam, where your camera moves with the object you sit on) or a more traditional air vehicle like a ZX4.

[19:31] Ethan Schuman: These features should not only make the plane easier to fly for new pilots who are used to old school decoupled cam flight, but will allow Astra pilots to switch between modes during engagements, in effect giving them the ability to choose which mode they prefer for air combat, or for air to ground.

[19:34] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Anything further?

[19:34] Ethan Schuman: On the topic of flight characteristics, the Mamba Predator also incorporates a new system of evasive maneuvers. Think Starfox. It is capable of both left and right barrel rolls, which will not only shift your position based on your power level, but will also make you invulnerable for about half a second. The Predator is also capable of doing upward loops to get behind enemy fighters on its tail, and it is also capable of doing a reverse thrust maneuver to rapidly change direction.

[19:34] Ethan Schuman: Just one more thing and then I'm done.

[19:36] Ethan Schuman: The last thing I'll bring up is the armament system. The Predator will be armed with a basic cannon that every aircraft these days has. In addition to this, it will also mount an anti-armor torpedo for use against armored ground vehicles. It will carry in addition to this, two anti ground rockets and one bomb. Once these munitions are depleted, you will have to rez another plane to get more. A system being considered is a deployable reload ring that you can fly through to restore your special weapons, but that's still up in the air.

[19:37] Ethan Schuman: That's all I have on the Predator. I can either take questions now, or after the meeting. That's Aryte's call.

[19:37] Aryte Vesperia: After, please. Running short on time. Thank you for the explanation.

[19:37] Aryte Vesperia: And moving right along.

[19:38] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions. I didn't have time. Sorry. I'll post them on the forums by tomorrow. The good news to this is I'll have more time to sit down and read over/add some of my own. Again, I'll have a list posted by Sunday. Probably tonight, but I don't want to be too ambitious.

[19:39] Aryte Vesperia: Combat. We'll deploy right after this meeting. So stick on map if you want blood. After which, I will be logging to write another paper. After that, I'll come back on and drag out another raid (if folks are still on map).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.