Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zerowinged Vasiliev

Terra Command Meeting 9-28-09

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION:Zerowinged Vasiliev/Option [O-1]/Terra; B.II

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE:28SEP09

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT:

SUMMARY:

• Lestat's ten-point to-do list.

○ Handbook discussion and progress.

○ NCOA and Officer School.

○ Work on standardized unit inspections.

○ Everything Else on the list.

============================================================

ATTENDANCE:

CHAT LOG:

[17:10] Lestat Umarov: Alright, lets get started.

[17:11] Lestat Umarov: We're about half staffed, as expected for having a meeting on such shprt notice. But a majority of the Terra Command is still here.

[17:14] Lestat Umarov: To start off Zerowinged has prepared something in regards to a to-do list for Terra. Some things on the list, such as the Terra Handbook, have already been looked into and are pending completion.

[17:15] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Ok, our Legate (if you don't know him you are sad) as compiled a ten-point to-do list about certain issues that he has seen in Terra. Contents as follows:

Terra Handbook Revamp

[17:16] Zerowinged Vasiliev:

1. Delegate someone to update Terra Handbook.

• Go into detail on chapters.

• Remake the issued gear section.

• Work with Tactica.

[17:16] Zerowinged Vasiliev: This was delegated to Desereck. . . I belive, due to a link forum post somewhere in the Terras sub-forum.

[17:17] Trevor Russell: My understanding was that Gulliver was taking that.

[17:17] Desereck Creeggan: We're both working on it.

[17:17] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Basically we needed a /complete revamp of the document due to it being in poor repair. Desereck, if you want to breif about what yourself and /Gulliver/ have done so far. . . . Be my guest at this time.

[17:17] Desereck Creeggan: Thank you Zerowinged.

[17:19] Desereck Creeggan: Currently myself and Gulliver are taking a two pronged approach at the handbook. Gulliver is working through chapters 1-3 while I work on chapters 6-4. Chapter 4 is complete thanks to Mr. Rozenstrauch detailing Tactica, Chapter 5 is going to detail on Academies/Armatura and finaly chapter 6 is getting a giant revamp of gear.

[17:19] Vai Tyran can render assistance with Armatura.

[17:20] Desereck Creeggan: Since Gulliver is not here, he can't explain into what he is getting done on the first three, but its a lot of updating, and currently he's "shaving the fat off".

[17:22] Desereck Creeggan: Nothing yet is final, everything is subjected to change and revision.

[17:22] Trevor Russell raises hand

[17:22] Desereck Creeggan: Trevor?

[17:23] Trevor Russell: im...not quite sure why sure why tactica is there. My experience was that it was an independent organization encorporating astra and terra.

[17:23] Trevor Russell: a division seperate from all others, hence why it is under general discussion, not terra, on the forums

[17:23] Lestat Umarov: o.o;

[17:24] Desereck Creeggan: Basicaly;

[17:24] Lestat Umarov: I assigned Tactica to cover chapter 4

[17:24] Lestat Umarov: I felt it was relevant to there field of work

[17:24] Desereck Creeggan: The Terra handbook is encompassing everything a new recruit will want or be a good idea know. The origional chapter was about "Intel gathering"

[17:25] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Chapter 4 deals with gathering intelligence. Tactica is responsible for gathering just that intelligence.

[17:26] Trevor Russell: how so? wouldn't such a chapter encourage discens bob to pull out a frumentarii playset to go "gather intel"?

[17:26] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: No

[17:26] Desereck Creeggan: It disencourages it.

[17:26] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: The chapter specifically encourages people to leave that sort of thing to the professionals

[17:26] Trevor Russell: ah, alright, good.

[17:27] FireFox Breed: tactical, stragical and political intel are 2 different things

[17:27] FireFox Breed: 3 different*

[17:27] Desereck Creeggan: It details who does it, and the basics of what is going on with Tactica, and what they do so you don't fret on doing it yourself.

[17:28] Desereck Creeggan: Any other questions on this chapter?

[17:29] Desereck Creeggan: Good, to give a little more info on what Chapter 5 is going to be like. Chapter 5 will be basicaly giving a description of what the Academies are, and what Armatura is.

[17:30] Desereck Creeggan: It'll encourage readers to go through the Academies and Armatura.

[17:31] Desereck Creeggan: Any questions on this chapter?

[17:31] Desereck Creeggan: Alrighty.

[17:32] Desereck Creeggan: Chapter 6 is going to detail all of the gear issued, and what you will likely see on the battlefield, excluding the Astra planes.

[17:33] Desereck Creeggan: So it will tell you about the Alpha squad gear, the unlockable gear, the vehicles, and armor.

[17:33] Trevor Russell: this i like, since a lot of our gear is handed out by hand, and we really dont have much track of it

[17:34] Desereck Creeggan: The old version had the punisher and PLAP in it, just to give a little heads up on how out of date it was. The new one has all of the new equipment, with WIPs such as the Negev, to their current state.

[17:35] Desereck Creeggan: Any questions on this?

[17:35] Desereck Creeggan: Alrighty. I'll surrender the floor back to Mr. Vasiliev.

[17:35] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises hand

[17:35] Desereck Creeggan: Or

[17:35] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Ohh shii

[17:35] Desereck Creeggan: Haha

[17:35] Desereck Creeggan: Go ahead.

[17:36] Zerowinged Vasiliev: How did you end up classifying the Invictus Drop Pod Dx

[17:36] Desereck Creeggan: Let me look.

[17:36] Zerowinged Vasiliev: TECHNICALLY AIR. . . technically not. . .

[17:36] Desereck Creeggan: I classified it under "Gear"

[17:36] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Kay.

[17:36] Desereck Creeggan: The other item in the same category is the Elite Jetpack.

[17:37] Desereck Creeggan: Any others?

[17:38] Desereck Creeggan: If anything pops up into your mind, feel free to IM me about it. NOW to Mr. Vasiliev.

[17:38] Trevor Russell raises hand

[17:38] Desereck Creeggan: Durp.

[17:38] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Go ahead Trevor.

[17:38] Trevor Russell: will there be regular updates since we get new equipment like every week?

[17:38] Lestat Umarov: yes

[17:38] Desereck Creeggan: Yes. This will be kept up to date as often as possible.

[17:38] Desereck Creeggan: Such as every week or every time something new is released, it will be added.

[17:39] Trevor Russell: good good.

Provide input for NCOA and Officer School

[17:41] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Ok, moving on. Number two on the list is (and I quote) "Provide input for NCOA and Officer School". [Let me speak.]

[17:43] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Further discussions, privatly, with Terra's Senior (naked) Centurion produced that such would have to be delegated to the Terra Upper Echelon and staff. However, recent dicussion over ventrilo ten minutes ago produced different opinions. Opening the floor at this time to suggestions about what to doooo.

[17:43] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Raise hannddddd

[17:44] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: (brb in a sec)

[17:44] Zerowinged Vasiliev: . . .

[17:45] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Anyone?

[17:45] FireFox Breed has a point

[17:45] Lestat Umarov: Awesome

[17:45] Zerowinged Vasiliev: FireFluff?

[17:46] FireFox Breed: the only thing i can think up off the top of my head is this. The idea of having Zero andVai work on it is a good idea. Just the only thing i would think that would be usefull is traching people to take responcabilty and to take charge properly. when it comes to combat and dealing with issues in terra

[17:47] FireFox Breed: as it stand some people dont do anything because they fell they are going outside there authority. Well if you bring a idea up to a sr officer. we can say "Hay this looks good, now make it into reality n we can try it out"

[17:48] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: (back)

[17:48] Lestat Umarov: I'd really appreciate any input for the academy

[17:48] Lestat Umarov: Anything is better than nothing

[17:49] Lestat Umarov: Even if it's jsut an oppinion

[17:49] Desereck Creeggan: They need Instructors and Deans :D

[17:49] FireFox Breed: only thing i can think up. because im finding out when you take charge n make shit happen people love it and you get places along with get the mission compleated. (like i was put in for 3 awards n got a coin for my actions at g20) >.>

[17:49] Lestat Umarov: Like "Hey, shoudl we have a multiple choice exam?" a yes or no is better than nothing :/

[17:49] Zerowinged Vasiliev raises hand. "If I may."

[17:50] Trevor Russell: my concern would be that vai and/or zero would be inadequate for the job, not because of skill, (Certainly not), but because of commitment. Both are in alpha squads, and both lead divisions, schola and armatura. These are full-time jobs, and i'd like to see the NCO academy given full attention due to the importance of it.

[17:50] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Working on it over time is better then letting it sit there, I have material written. . . . extensively. . . in about six plus notecards by Xayvien Rau.

[17:51] Zerowinged Vasiliev: It has not been put in place, persay.

[17:52] Lestat Umarov: Trevor. If you have criticism I suggest having a solution as well.

[17:53] Trevor Russell: we actually had a sucessful committee under xayvien until xayvien went inactive

[17:53] Zrazor Rozenstrauch raises hand.

[17:53] Zerowinged Vasiliev: One second Zraz.

[17:54] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Unless it is to comment on Trevors post.

[17:54] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: ...I totally just lost my train of thought, nevermind

[17:55] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, I don't want to be here, however.

[17:55] Zerowinged Vasiliev: . . .

[17:55] Zerowinged Vasiliev coughs.

[17:55] Lestat Umarov: o.o

[17:55] Trevor Russell: ...ifyou would like, I will takecharge of organizing an NCO academy.

[17:56] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: I'd contribute to it.

[17:56] Desereck Creeggan: I believe Agares... ?

[17:56] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Even with Tactica and Fulminata, there's only so much I can do with either and I've still got a lot of spare time to do stuff.

[17:56] Trevor Russell: i would certainly take any and all input, but would be willing to serve as the main guy dde thing

[17:56] Zrazor Rozenstrauch: Wouldn't mind some more work thrown at me

[17:56] Trevor Russell: *dude

[17:59] Keller Teichmann: Yeah, we can't post Ventrilo on the forums. Dx

[17:59] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Type. . .

[17:59] FireFox Breed: Ok lets do this. I will stat a thread on the topic about this issue

[17:59] FireFox Breed: it would be better if its put on there

[17:59] FireFox Breed: I willstart it and we will get this ball rolling about the nco officer schools

[17:59] Alexi Ayres: do these projects have deadlines btw?

[17:59] Alexi Ayres: a specific date

[18:00] FireFox Breed: 2 weeks from now i want a rough draft and a general idea of what will be in the school

[18:00] FireFox Breed: and more info will be on the thread but thats a ball park number

[18:01] Zerowinged Vasiliev: FireFox, post that thread. Should get some more concisive /text-based/ input.

[18:01] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Alright, moving on.

[18:05] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Third point on this list is, "Work on standardized unit inspections.". I have been personally writing a notecard for this, however, due to lack of plausable input from "Army Regulation 1–201" bs. . . Drawing a blank, opening the floor to suggestions. [Raise your hand; Type it out, tis what we are here for.]

[18:05] Zerowinged Vasiliev: No suggestions?

[18:05] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Anyone?

[18:06] FireFox Breed: will be worked with new terra and people will be apointed and told what to do then

[18:06] FireFox Breed: imo

[18:07] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Any restrictions you guys want to see? Something deleted from restrictions? "Foxers un-authorized gear?"

[18:07] Desereck Creeggan: Ha.

[18:07] Desereck Creeggan: Needs to get stricter.

[18:08] Desereck Creeggan: Even though its still strict, it does need to be stepped up. I've only seen Justice go >:|

[18:08] Zerowinged Vasiliev: I second that notion.

[18:08] FireFox Breed nods

[18:08] Desereck Creeggan: Ex. If you dont see said person wearing said modification approved on the Curia request subforum, said person shouldn't be wearing it.

[18:09] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Listed on the subforum or listed on Aryte's armor approval listing thing

[18:09] Desereck Creeggan: The Curia approved equipment list.

[18:09] Desereck Creeggan: Justice actualy compiled a thread with /all/ of the approved modifications

[18:10] FireFox Breed nods

[18:10] Desereck Creeggan: Which is probably why he's the only one who's ragefaced at people, since he knows he didnt approve it, haha

[18:10] Zerowinged Vasiliev: We need to push for the whole "post it on the thread" thing.

[18:10] FireFox Breed push it

[18:10] FireFox Breed: thread will appear ont he froums with the tipic and ideas

[18:11] FireFox Breed: then we will work out how this will be done

[18:12] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Basically we need: SOP for inspections & Criteria

[18:13] Desereck Creeggan: I think something should be added:

[18:13] Desereck Creeggan: A regulation stating that people can NOT wear their modification UNTIL it is approved via the forums, I see people running around with modifications they just posted 2 seconds ago.

[18:13] Agares Tretiak: Greetings, gentlemen.

[18:14] Zerowinged Vasiliev: I also agree with that.

[18:14] Alexi Ayres: Raise hand

[18:14] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Alexi?

[18:15] Agares Tretiak raises his a massive hand.

[18:15] Alexi Ayres: Have NCO do routine inspections on Numerii while on Titan. This means all NCO must follow the uniform regulations and understand it fully.

[18:16] Zerowinged Vasiliev: In-Octet inspections. . . Superior Inspections will and should be standardized along with this

[18:16] Zerowinged Vasiliev: I agree.

[18:17] Zerowinged Vasiliev: (One second Agares)

[18:17] Desereck Creeggan: What makes that hard is the high inactivity count among the octets (which will be fixed with the new terra outline)

[18:18] Desereck Creeggan: So if you go down the list, looking at people who havent been on base in 3 months, opposed to those who have been on base you go along the check list going "In line. Out of line."

[18:19] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Agreed, waiting on FireFox as usual. . . . Agares?

[18:19] FireFox Breed: i have it

[18:19] Zerowinged Vasiliev: >_>

[18:20] Agares Tretiak: I realize I'm an outsider of sort in this issue, however, I would suggest making it a point to have your NCOs given a briefing by the Curia on proper uniform regulations, including some pictures. Then explain how to approach individuals on the issue. Some take it as a personal affront.

[18:20] Agares Tretiak: Others, on the other hand, may think it's alight issue.

[18:21] Agares Tretiak: To that end, it should be hilghligghted that conforming to the standards is a responsibility that must be met in a reasonable timeline.

[18:21] Agares Tretiak: Or face soems ort of disciplinary action.

[18:21] Agares Tretiak: Leave no room for ambiguity.

[18:22] Zerowinged Vasiliev: What kind of disiplinary action however?

[18:22] Agares Tretiak: Maker it two fold.

[18:23] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Hmm.

[18:23] Agares Tretiak: One: Restrict possibility of advancement. If you can't maintain a befitting appearance, you don't understand how an increase in rank will serve th eOrdo or yourself better. The second: Restrict unlocks.

[18:23] Alexi Ayres: this isn't a joke but, u can shave their head like in military school. If they don't comply

[18:24] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Memories.

[18:24] Agares Tretiak: Thos eshould, alone, be enough to convince many not to violate the uniformity standards.

[18:24] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Umm

[18:25] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Or possibility of removal, if it gets to sevear. Such would tarnish the Ordo if left alone for to long.

[18:25] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Sorry, was speaking to Vai.

[18:26] Lestat Umarov: Next topic.

[18:26] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Ok. One second

[18:27] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Ok, four. "Ensure that all elements of the command regs are followed and conducted.". . . That is uhh Lestats job.

[18:27] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Well.

[18:27] Zerowinged Vasiliev: All of ours.

[18:28] Zerowinged Vasiliev: (skipping to seven)

Angry Lestat

[18:28] Lestat Umarov: Point is, it's not getting done.

[18:28] Lestat Umarov: That's why we're having this meeting.

[18:29] Lestat Umarov: The thread aryte made in the Terra forums detailed the responsibilities of Octet, Century, and Cohors commanders.

[18:29] Lestat Umarov: Since it was written the most I've seen done in many cases is weekly reports, if that.

[18:30] Lestat Umarov: There's a plethora of other requirements that are not being met which zerow will detail.

[18:30] Zerowinged Vasiliev: "Make sure octet leaders can get there people together at least once a month to attend the meeting and review their attire."; "Make sure century leads are collaberating with each other."; "Make sure Centurions are enforcing policy."; "Ask centurions if there units have the neccesary gear."

[18:31] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Most noteable.

[18:31] Lestat Umarov: It's not happening.

[18:32] Lestat Umarov: I advise all commanders to look over the thread again and make sure that they're doing "everything" that is expected by the imperator.

[18:32] Lestat Umarov: We will be cracking down on this and making sure all standards are met.

[18:32] FireFox Breed: also

[18:32] FireFox Breed: with the new terra outline you will have more active people under you and then the reports will mean something

[18:32] Lestat Umarov: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/2613-examining-the-purpose-of-command-terra-octets-centuries-and-cohors/

[18:33] Lestat Umarov: Read.

[18:33] FireFox Breed: we know that your octets are like 10% acive. i will be fixed soon and most of thoes issues will be adressed and fixed

[18:33] Zerowinged Vasiliev: Essentially everything will be fixed with the new Terra Revamp

[18:34] Zerowinged Vasiliev: (Catching up on the postings)

[18:35] FireFox Breed: when it comes to all of this. there will be forum posts about it for peoples opinions and changes you can make

[18:36] FireFox Breed: like i am saying over and over there is alot of changes coming . everyone who wants to put there ideas in the pot and we will make this system better

[18:37] FireFox Breed: is there any other topics anyone wants to bring up at this moment?

[18:38] Lestat Umarov: There's nothing else >.>

[18:38] Lestat Umarov: Meeting ajourned.

[18:38] Lestat Umarov snaps to attention, delivering a clean salute!

[18:38] Desereck Creeggan salutes sharply.

[18:38] Zrazor Rozenstrauch salutes. "Sieg im Namen des Imperator."

[18:38] FireFox Breed salutes! "Hail To The Imperator, Baby!"

[18:38] Vai Tyran salutes. "Death to the Emperor's enemies!"

[18:38] Genesis Ronmark salutes!

[18:38] Agares Tretiak salutes sharply, intoning, "We shall Prevail"

[18:38] Keller Teichmann salutes!

[18:38] Zerowinged Vasiliev salutes,"Hail the Imperator."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.