Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 07NOV09

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | W-1, Triplicarius | Terra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 07 November 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: General topics.

SUMMARY: Ordo members gathered for weekly discussion.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Wait.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Time to start.

[18:01] Aryte Vesperia: Didn't realize that!

[18:01] Vincent Lucerne: SYRIS OMG

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Okay! WELL. Tonight is going to be a fun challenge. I am going to see HOW QUICKLY I can hold a full meeting.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: So pardon me if I type 900 mph and rush. I have plans after the meeting, haha.

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: With that saaaid, let's get started.

[18:02] Vincent Lucerne: [o murr]

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for attending. Please hold comments and questions until you are provided the opportunity to speak.

Imperator's Report

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: First up. Weekly stats.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: 267 main group, an additional ten caddets.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Sixteen applications, thirteen (wow) denied.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: 105 defensive pings according to Mercury--phew. 42 of which were full fledged reported battles.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Seven offensive deployments, all of which turned out to be rather huge, gloriously epic fights. Kudos there.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomacy abroad. Dark Svenska finally got back to me. He and I are scheduled to chat about the ban lift on Chaos. Just waiting for a time when he isn't play Aion and I'm not busy.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, the only other major note to make is there seems to be internal turmoil in Kratus. They experienced a sort of rebellion earlier today, that largely failed. The group seems to be on the rocks at the moment.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: Other than that, overall diplomatic standards have been fairly level.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports?

Divisional Reports

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: me

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov, for Terra.

Terra

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: Nothing much new to report for Terra as a whole. The terra revamp is going into effect shortly and with it some significant changes will happen to the group as a whole and unit wise. Combat has been frequent for both raids and defense as well as some sporadic training events including armatura sessions. On a side note I'm kindof getting out of a rut with the new job and starting to direct my focus back to Ordo so I should be more active and on base more. Less stress=a happy Legates. :V

[18:06] Lestat Umarov: Now, onto unit reports.

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Keller for Invictus: "The squad's all set and good to go for the Terra revamp. The dropship had its first real big test in combat during the counter-attack on 2142's new sim, where it was put to liberal use and allowed Ordo to basically throw down a squad wherever they were needed. In short it was a big success and will be used more often!"

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Zerowinged for Antesignani: "Week has been pretty slow, no one added and nothing changed in development. Slooow-Mooo" (From Lestat: :| )

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From Zrazor for Fulminata: "Fulminata is down one member due to the resignation of DamionStJames Webb. We intend to begin combing through potential squad candidates at the beginning of the upcoming week. The flamethrower now has a build and is partially scripted, but is currently only in the beta stage at the moment. Beyond that, nothing new to report."

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: From myself for the Adiutor staff. "Nothing much new to report for the staff, altho there is significant changes planned for after the Terra restructure which I'll be touching base on with the rest of the staff at a later date."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: This concludes my report for Terra. Any additional reports may be given at the discretion of the Imperator.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Umarov. Do any other Terra units wish to add?

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Very good.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:08] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar, for Astra.

Astra

[18:08] Anlysia Gregoire raises hand.

[18:08] Sosarin Demar: Astra received some new blood after a long dry spell. I give a warm welcome to plops and Syndall. A slew of training exercises occurred throughout the week, as well as some further (and more extensive) testing of Ethan's new aircraft, the Predator. We attempted to hook up with Kratus and Mercz to have combat exercises with them, but they both fell through. We opted to play in house, instead. I've talked to Heather about strengthening our core of Thanatos trainers, as well as working with Wolfshaman on dropship related material. Next week I hope to see more flight training, combat exercises, as well as development of a more effective Apostle team for bomber and dropship training. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Demar. To add, very good work to Astra-- especially in today's battle with 2142. The dropship was integral to our ability to score huge gains on their base.

[18:10] Anlysia Gregoire: I do.

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Do any other units wish to report this evening?

[18:10] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Gregoire, for the Departmento Munitorum.

Munitorum

[18:10] Anlysia Gregoire: (Wall of text inc.)

[18:10] Anlysia Gregoire: A bit of a slower week in Munitorium compared to the blitz we had last week. Though I suppose that's a good thing, since it shows we have a good number of projects on their final wind-downs.

[18:10] Anlysia Gregoire: Infantry weapons: The Imperial Lasweapons are waiting on Aryte's decision on where they're going. The Negev needs final textures, hopefully from Keller tonight. The Eversor is moving along and being tweaked. The Praetorian items are still in testing, I know the Halberd has already gotten a small update. The Invictus rifle is in the modelling stages and probably should be getting a name soon.

[18:10] Anlysia Gregoire: Vehicles: Last tweaks are going in on the Veritas and Intimidator and they should be ready. I haven't had my hands on an Aequitas yet, since I think Aryte is terribly afraid of it. The Predator is also being tweaked. Mind me not being as up to date on this because...well...I just got one. (Yes, be afraid.)

[18:11] Anlysia Gregoire: Structure: The policy for testing and testers is going over a bit of an overhaul soon, which will result likely in me actually making use of that thread I opened for testers some time ago. As well I'm going to be working on a new beta distribution method with the first scripter who has the unluck of being the one I get my claws into about this.

[18:11] Anlysia Gregoire: Other than that, I think that's about all for Munitorium this week.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for the update. I do have a development matter (adjunct) to bring up at the keynote.

[18:11] Aryte Vesperia: Do any other units wish to report?

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving right along to old business this evening.

Old Business

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Does anyone have any old buinsess to bring up this evening?

[18:12] Vinnie Lei raises hand...

[18:12] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Lei.

[18:13] Vinnie Lei: I have realised there's a new SRAW out for a while now. Who are authed for it, or is it publicly available to begin with... curious.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Ahaha-- oh yeeeah.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: I will be adding that to the "pilum" box. The SRAW is an anti-armor rocket, where the Pilum is anti-personnel.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for reminding me.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia makes a note.

[18:14] Vincent Lucerne: >:D

[18:14] Vinnie Lei: No problem sir.

[18:14] Garion Lowenhardt raises hand.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Lowenhardt.

[18:15] Garion Lowenhardt: With the SRAW, does it function against both armor and personnel, or does it strictly damage armor?

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: It does damage personnel as well.

[18:15] Garion Lowenhardt: Thanks.

18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Good question.

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Any further old business this evening?

[18:16] Aryte Vesperia: Yay. Moving right along here.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: On to my portion of discussions this evening.

Keynote Topics

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: I have four topics to cover, and then I'll turn it over to general keynote.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, I would like to take the opportunity to refesh everyone's memory on a regulation that Curia has layed out administratively.

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: And that is: purposeful team-killing / "friendly fire" will result in a happy trip to [E-1] land. Or, provided you are an [E-1], ejection.

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Pleeease be more mindful. I know I am guilty of this myself (lolkillingFirefox). But it's just poor practice.

[18:19] Vincent Lucerne: That Ruin jerk should be an e-1 >:O!

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Haha, shh.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions?

[18:20] Vincent Lucerne coughs >_>

[18:20] Desereck Creeggan: More of a statement.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: Go right ahead.

[18:20] Euro Zapatero raises hand.

[18:20] Desereck Creeggan: A friendly reminder that flashbangs /are/ considered friendly fire, and will be treated as so (lolI'mguilty too)

[18:21] Vincent Lucerne: [fin* euro]

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Yeees, that is correct.

[18:21] Aryte Vesperia: Euro?

[18:22] Euro Zapatero: What about setting the five-sevens to practice and wacking people, aka melee-ing them, even if it doesn't kill them?

[18:22] Garion Lowenhardt: Good question.

[18:22] Euro Zapatero: training-mode*

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: Within fair play and the situation. As in, if you're goofing off and not disrupting anyone, (like, Dempster chasing Ruin with the watergun), that won't be a problem.

[18:23] Euro Zapatero: Alright! \o/

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Good question.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic!

[18:24] plops Magic: draw

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: As mentioned some weeks ago, the gentleman who made our dress attire is now working on three projects for the group.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: He has begun work on the first two at this time: a heavy trenchcoat/combat trenchcoat, and special ornamental uniforms for high command/Guard.

[18:26] Vincent Lucerne: :O

[18:26] Karlhockey Forte: :D

[18:27] Vincent Lucerne: We can has Commissar nao?

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: Quiet.

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: After which, he will begin working on the third project. New BDUs, compliments of Josey Bingyi. In this style:

[18:27] Vincent Lucerne: :x

[18:27] Aryte Vesperia: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Firenze.Carabinieri01.JPG

[18:28] Czyrek Essel raises paw (what does bdu stand for)

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Battle dress uniform.

[18:28] Intus Infinity: Basic Dress Uniform

[18:28] Intus Infinity: .. It's battle dress

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:29] Czyrek Essel raies paw again

[18:29] Aryte Vesperia: Czyrek?

[18:29] Czyrek Essel: when would such uniforms be worn?

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Leisure time, duty wear, etc.

[18:30] Czyrek Essel: ah ok, thanks

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Next topic.

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: Overall school stress is starting to dwindle down nicely for me. My major projects are all but over. Thus, I now will have a lot more time and focus to finish Ordo projects.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: The Terra restructure will be rolled out and issued within the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay, Firefox is off saving the world (convoy deployment) until Monday.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: We will be issuing new unit designations and sending out a new roster.

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: Most folks will be grouped in relatively same collections-- as in, if you're in an octet with someone, you'll likely be in the same unit with them in the revamp.

[18:34] Salandras Adamant: sling

[18:34] Aryte Vesperia: We want to avoid major shift-ups, so folks aren't shaken too much.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: All of the elite units won't be changed at all, but the overall centurion responsibility structure for the individual Cohors will shift.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: So just keep an eye open for the roster and ensure you're reporting to the right person after the shift!

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Excellente. Moving right along.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Last topic from me this evening: on recommendations, unlock points, etc.

[18:37] Garion Lowenhardt: Gah. Is it too late for a question on the revamp?

[18:38] Garion Lowenhardt: Oh, nevermind.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Sure?

[18:38] Garion Lowenhardt: Yeah, I was gonna ask about recommendations and promotions and such.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Haha.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Oh.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: The reason I bring up this topic is twofold:

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: First off, recommendations is a strong way to provide feedback and give reward to comrades that you see performing, or requiring recognition. Recommendations likely make up about . . eh, seventy percent of the promotion and merit awards.

18:41] Aryte Vesperia: The reason we like recommendations is that it puts emphasis on the command/personnel relationship. Commanders, remember to take responsibility for the recommendation of your personnel (not to say recommendations in general aren't acceptable--all are accepted).

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: Secondly, I would like to retouch on the idea of the new unlock system and the presence of using unlock points/quality points as reward. I very briefly touched on it when the new system was rolled out, so let me emphasize.

[18:42] Aryte Vesperia: As unlocks are no longer given per rank up, you may utilize unlocks as incentives, reward, and so forth. If you see a feat particularly impressive, or someone's commitment--whatever the case may be--you may directly suggest the award of unlock points.

[18:43] Aryte Vesperia: The acquisition of gear has slowed down with the presence of the "no unlock 4 rankz!"

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: So I would like to see some more attention paid toward providing unlocks to members. I myself will make sure to award them for special events, outstanding performance in battle, so on and so forth.

[18:44] Aryte Vesperia: Simply, keep in mind this is an avenue open to everyone when considering "well, what should I recommend/award (in an officer's position) this person with?"

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:45] Garion Lowenhardt raises his hand.

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Lowenhardt.

[18:45] Lestat Umarov raises hand.

[18:45] Garion Lowenhardt: Will there possibly be unlock points tied into the more prestigious merits under the dress uniform merit system?

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: I need to do that. Yes, they will be.

[18:45] Garion Lowenhardt: That's it then.

[18:45] Garion Lowenhardt: Oh

[18:45] Garion Lowenhardt: Wait

[18:45] Garion Lowenhardt: One more.

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: Aye?

[18:46] Garion Lowenhardt: Retrograde points for merits earned after the point system came out?

[18:46] Aryte Vesperia: That would be a nightmare. Probably not.

[18:46] Garion Lowenhardt: Or some other form of retrograde point awards for those of us who've already got a bunch of merits?

[18:46] Garion Lowenhardt: Aight.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: To the second part of the question: maybe-- I am not really sure how that would be worked out. But possible.

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov?

[18:48] Lestat Umarov: I was curious who would have the authority to actually award unlock points. And under what conditions.

[18:48] Lestat Umarov: Maybe a notecard could be written up?

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: I would say officers in general would be fine. If you'd like a guideline, I can definitely write one.

[18:48] Lestat Umarov: Thank you, that would be helpful

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Sure thing.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: All right. Open to general topics.

General Topics

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: Intus?

[18:50] Intus Infinity shouts: Website activity has decreased [-8.93%], this is most likely due to exams. Current ordoimperialis.com website statistics for the week of 11-31-09 to 11-06-09: There was a total of 2212 visits (10.67% were new visitors), 367 absolutely unique visitors, 18,389 pageviews, and the average time on website was 15 minutes, 54 seconds. Most visitors are from the US(1392), Canada(227), and the UK(226). For a more detailed analysis, please see PDF document: http://intus.ordoimperialis.com/wrd110709.pdf

[18:50] Lestat Umarov: Heresy D:<

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Wow, UK is catching up. JASON HAS RETURNED.

[18:50] Intus Infinity: Must be jason!

[18:50] Keller Teichmann: Haha. NOT ENOUGH TO SURPASS ME AND MY CTRL+F5.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: LOL.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you Intus.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Any other topics to bring up?

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Iredell.

[18:51] Jayce Iredell raises hand

[18:51] ShadowFang Blessed raises paw :c

[18:51] Jayce Iredell: Rememberance/Memorial day is coming up this week, and I wanted us to take the time for us as a group to recognize the event, and pay our respects. As such I am trying to organize a brief vigile for the date of the 11, any help would be appreciated.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Definitely. I will help.

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you!

[18:52] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Blessed?

[18:52] ShadowFang Blessed: when can has new simbuild :C?

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Uuuuuh. Let's see.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Aryte: Called Kenodoesn'thavetorepayme$70ifhefinishesthesim Program.

Keno: wow really

Aryte: LOL.

Keno: what a coincidence

Aryte: wut

Keno: just so happens my name is keno, I owe you $70 and building ur sim

Aryte: LOL.

Aryte: WELL THAT IS SURE DANDY.

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Oops, I missed the kicker line.

[18:53] Vincent Lucerne: ....

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: Aryte: Did you know the government instituted a new debt release program?

[18:53] Vincent Lucerne: i lol'd

[18:53] Aryte Vesperia: IE: working on it. You know Keno.

[18:54] ShadowFang Blessed: heh

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:54] Vladimus Nikolaidis raises his hand.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: No.

[18:54] Vladimus Nikolaidis waves hand urgently.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: WHAT?

[18:54] Lestat Umarov: NO!

[18:54] Vladimus Nikolaidis: Where can I get a freaking octopus AV?!?!?!

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: LOL.

[18:54] Intus Infinity: lmao

[18:54] Lupus Mielziner: ..

[18:54] Williamca Zenovka: ...

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: MOVING ON TO PROMOTIONS.

Promotions

[18:55] Keller Teichmann: . . .

[18:55] Garion Lowenhardt: Hi5!

[18:55] ShadowFang Blessed facepalms.

[18:55] Zabimato Outlander: Spaztic Hi10!

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: I did not add any of my own this evening, and I know there's a few folks who are due: so recommend your comrades! And, officers, keep your eyes open!

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: On to the list:

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: PRFS: If you do not see your name on the list, notify your commander!

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Ron Bleac

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Tsume Xiao

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Tokeli Zabelin - Unlock Awarded

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Czyrek Essel - Unlock Awarded

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Foxers Fhang

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Shadowfang Blessed

[18:56] Aryte Vesperia: Hunter Abrams - Unlocked Awarded

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Now for the promotions/merits. Remember, there's always next week!

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Ron Bleac - [E-4]; [Comrade Support]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Rendy Miles - [E-5]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Williamca Zenovka - [Corona Vallaris]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Zanndor Aeon - [Combat Prowess MK2]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Nohime Runner - [E-2]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Plops Magic - [E-2]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Rhianna Dezno - [E-2]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Behemot Branner - [E-3]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Scarlet Flaks - [E-3]

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Zabimato Outlander - [Combat Prowess]

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: There we go.

Meeting Closer

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Well.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for a good, and quick meeting.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: It is traditional for me to host a raid after the meeting on Saturday.

[18:59] Aryte Vesperia: I shall do so, but it'll be later this evening--couple hours. I have some things to do offline.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, have a good evening everyone.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for a good week.

[19:00] Sera Otoro salutes...

[19:00] Desereck Creeggan salutes sharply.

[19:00] Blaze Wiles salutes "The emperor, our father and guardian"

[19:00] Rendy Miles salutes!!!. Hail The Imperator.

[19:00] Intus Infinity presents a salute.

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

18:41] Aryte Vesperia: The reason we like recommendations is that it puts emphasis on the command/personnel relationship. Commanders, remember to take responsibility for the recommendation of your personnel (not to say recommendations in general aren't acceptable--all are accepted).

About this. Don't think for a second that anyone's too junior to recommend someone for something. Personally, I wouldn't care if you were E-1 and said "Sgt. Joe is great, a real go-getter." In fact, that might say more to me than the E-6 saying nice stuff about an E-3 or whatever. Furthermore, my present limited presence on Titan not withstanding, with higher rank comes more responsibility and hence more time spent buried in notecards and IMs. This has an odd effect of isolating an officer from being able to interact with the men simply. So, the way I look at it, I want my Warrants and NCOs telling me who is a badass and why. Simply put, they're closer to them. This isn't to shirk responsibility. It's to accept reality.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.