Dascede

Ordo Meeting - 14NOV09

~ORDO IMPERIALIS~

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

<=====================Extend to this length=========================>

<===========================================================>

**********Meeting Report**********

NAME/RANK/DIVISION: Dascede Aluveaux | W-1; Triplicarius | Terra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: 14 November 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Groupwide meeting.

SUMMARY: Discussion of topics held.

============================================================

CHAT LOG:

Meeting Opener

[18:02] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you for coming, those of you who dragged your--lol Endra, nice sit pose--selves on.

[18:02] Kirshak Clarity: sling

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: I'll start with this week's stat run down.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Membership totals. 265. Plus fifteen cadets.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: 18 applications, 9 denied, 5 approved, 4 in review. An additional 5 are new as of today and awaiting review. Total at 23.

[18:03] Aryte Vesperia: Mercury reports 109 defensive pings. 37 of which were reported as full fledged battles on the forums.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: There were nine offensive deployments this week.

[18:04] Aryte Vesperia: Some updates in the diplomacy field. Remnants of the Broken Cross has aligned with us in an allied state. Kratus Mepita had a schism and a small break-away, whcih is currently attempting to form a new military. Name not yet known.

[18:05] Aryte Vesperia: CATI has reopened with their newest region build. Delta Force is rebuilding. SK and Chaos slated as hostile groups against us. Still awaiting talks with Dark Svenska -- will attempt to get that hammered out this weekend. Very interested in getting blood flowing on that field.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: Internally, growth has been stable and solid. Terra revamp has provided some good insights into structural revisions and provided a lot of chance for officers and future officers to stretch out.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: There is some confusion on the transmission of reports, but that will be puntucally solved. Lestat "got dis" handled.

[18:06] Aryte Vesperia: From my perspective, a significant stride has been made in streamlining the overall efficency. I will be addressing further plans in my keynote.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Weekly reports?

[18:07] Lestat Umarov raises hand

[18:07] Anlysia Gregoire raises a hand.

[18:07] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Umarov.

Terra

[18:07] Lestat Umarov: Another good week for Terra. Everyone is settling in still after the restructure, a bit of confusion regarding reports but I suspect it'll be sorted out shortly. Combat has been frequent, and development has been moving along. Now, onto unit reports.

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From Keller for Invictus: "The squad was active as usual, joining up with Fulminata and Antesignani to stomp a few heretics over the course of the week. The Terra revamp has settled in, and Invictus has filled up one of the vacancies in the squad. Nothing else to report this week."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From Zerowinged for Antesignani: "Not much has happened. Our development is going along nicely. Getting used to the whole Terra restructure. Going to get everyones uniforms within standards. One raid held. That's about it." (He called me over the phone, lazy nigra.)

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From Zrazor for Fulminata: "I was too drunk to submit a report."

[18:08] Lestat Umarov: From myself for the Staff: "This past week was largely uneventful. Gearing up this next week to get standardized unit inspections finalized. Also going to be reworking the position of the Adiutor staff in regards to the new Terra restructure in terms of duties, personell, etc. Revolver is on a momentary hiatus while I contact the creator. Masks, I have no idea, up to Keller."

[18:08] Aryte Vesperia golf claps.

[18:09] Lestat Umarov: That concludes my report for Terra. Any additional reports may be given at the discretion of the Imperator.

[18:09] Gulliver Carpool raises his hand.

[18:09] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Carpool, for Cohors A, Terra.

[18:10] Gulliver Carpool: What has been talked about in regards Alpha squads the last several months is now official. Here's the full version: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/5811-cohors-a-strategic-doctrine-111409/

[18:10] Gulliver Carpool: The TL;DR version is this: Train for and expect to be riflemen primarily. The reasons for this are that it will allow the different squads to operate more efficiently when together, and...

[18:11] Gulliver Carpool: because the opportunities for deploying our specialized weapons and tactics are very limited. As such, they should be seen as necessarily secondary.

[18:12] Gulliver Carpool: Basically, when in need of those doodads, the particular squad should get dibs.

[18:12] Gulliver Carpool: That's a long TL;DR version.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Carpool.

[18:13] Gulliver Carpool: You're welcome, sir.

[18:13] Aryte Vesperia: Gregoire?

Munitorum

[18:13] Anlysia Gregoire: Another quiet Munitorium week, as we have quite a few things in the wrap-up stages right now. Sera's Eversor has gone through its' (hopefully) final round of testing.

[18:13] Anlysia Gregoire: Side bonus: All the fun bug-fixes that went through it are going to be rolled back through all the other Ordo energy weapons. And -- happy joy joy for all you Astra people -- the MP5K may actually finally be getting an update, yay~

[18:13] Anlysia Gregoire: Speaking of the MP5K...if anyone's interested, this is probably the next thing that needs an update. Talk to Sosarin to talk to me to get the ball rolling. The MP5K is currently the oldest thing in the armoury that hasn't been updated, so, let's make things happen.

[18:14] Anlysia Gregoire: What else...Ethan's continuing to pound at the Predator, and you may have seen a demo of the neat...what did you call it, Ethan? NavCom? Flying in formation ftw. I believe it was Poon that fixed up the last little issue he was having with that.

[18:14] Anlysia Gregoire: Other than that, I think we have a lot of basically-complete projects waiting on final decisions from Aryte, like the tanks and the lasweapons.

[18:14] Anlysia Gregoire: Next week I'll be out of town so there likely won't be a Munitorium meeting, unless some other poor soul decides to run one out of the grace of their heart and the emptyness of their head, so when I come back from my trip I hope lots of fun, exciting things have happened while I was gone though I doubt it.

[18:14] Anlysia Gregoire: And that's about it for me this week.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Your administrative optimism is refreshing, ha ha. Thank you.

[18:14] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:15] Sosarin Demar raises his hand.

[18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Demar.

Astra

[18:15] Sosarin Demar: A good week for Astra. We received some fresh faces who completed training in short order. Training and combat participation this week was excellent.

[18:15] Sosarin Demar: On another note, Heather and I would like to see development continue on Thanatos and Dropship oriented stuff in the hands of the Apostles. If you are a fighter instructor and need to be qualified to teach Thanatos material, contact Heather. In addition, Heather is looking for individuals interested in becoming an Apostle, or flight instructor. For E-3 and above, it is a prestigous position that entales great responsibility. Again, send her the word.

[18:15] Sosarin Demar: Finally, we have two trainees who are still in the queue that we can wrap up. So, on top of impromptu activities and our weekly tournament, let's see them through next week. That concludes this week's report for Astra.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you, Mr. Demar.

[18:17] Aryte Vesperia: Do any other units wish to report this evening?

[18:18] Aryte Vesperia: All right then, moving right along.

Old Business

[18:19] Aryte Vesperia: Would anyone like to bring up old business before I start rambling?

[18:19] Anlysia Gregoire: Guess not.

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: All right. On to my bit.

Keynote Topics

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: I have a couple topics to cover this evening. Starting with: my to-do list. For those of you new, I try to maintain a list of what projects I am currently working on here:

[18:20] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/5128-imperators-to-do-list-14nov09/

[18:22] Aryte Vesperia: Although I am still battling keeping up with school and maintaining the status quo around base, I will be focussing on two parts of my list for the next couple of weeks: the promotion system, and the Praetorian Guard.

[18:23] Aryte Vesperia: It would be suicide for me to try to put a completion date on either, as I have an impeccable knack with getting caught up in something off topic. I do, tentatively, want to have the promotion system revisions completed within a few days.

[18:24] Aryte Vesperia: I know by just saying that I have somehow invited that to be an impossibility.

[18:25] Aryte Vesperia: The Praetorian Guard, compliments of Agares Tretiak, only requires my input and some finalizing. After which that will be good for a roll out. The biggest hang-up we currently have there is the training procedures.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: As for the officer seminars/officer training programs, I have written two of the eight planned classes.

[18:26] Aryte Vesperia: I will likely begin scheduling and administrating the lessons as I make them.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Questions?

[18:28] Anlysia Gregoire raises a hand.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Gregoire.

[18:28] Anlysia Gregoire: Is there a list of the topics the lessons are going to cover?

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: . . Uhhr, yes. I think that was before your time, it is in the officer section of the forums.

[18:28] Aryte Vesperia: Let me grab it.

[18:29] Anlysia Gregoire: I can look myself, if I know it's there. Thank you.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: I tailored it down.

[18:30] Aryte Vesperia: One second.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: Ah hah, there she be.

[18:31] Aryte Vesperia: They are:

[18:32] Aryte Vesperia: I. Definition of an Officer, II. Combat Tactics, III. Preparing for Battle, IV. Ethical Decisions and Avoiding Bias, V. Delegation, VI. On Behavior: Dignity and Foolery - Command for a Virtual World, VII. Exercising Discretion, VIII. Conflict Mitigation.

[18:33] Aryte Vesperia: Any other questions?

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: All righty.

[18:35] Aryte Vesperia: (I, and II are done-- I am going in order. Durp.)

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: All right.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: Next topic (sorry, IM spam).

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: PRFs.

[18:36] Aryte Vesperia: As I mentioned last week, we are expanding the point distribution for unlocks to merits and such. But I would really like to hear some more feedback on PRFS, since they've been around.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: I am curious how people perceive the PRFs, their use, validity, etc.

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Do you find them to be useful? Are they effective?

[18:37] Aryte Vesperia: Feel free to speak up. Anyone.

[18:38] Corsi Mousehold: I would need more time to see them working sir. Give me a month and I would say something constructive.

[18:38] Tokeli Zabelin: I like pie.

[18:38] Vinnie Lei: Ehm... forgot what PRF's are again? :< *tired mind*

[18:38] Corsi Mousehold: Performance Review Form

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: That's a great sign, Vinnie.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: Lol.

[18:38] Anlysia Gregoire: Whoever's giving them to you should actually discuss why they said what they said on them. Just being handed the form back is kind of worthless.

[18:38] Aryte Vesperia: (Disraeli is my guest. TPing them.)

[18:38] Tsume Xiao: What exactly happens to them. Is there anything they are used for besides unlocks?

[18:38] Vinnie Lei: Hey, I can't help you have meetings at ungodly hours :<

[18:38] Anlysia Gregoire: Especially since there's no space for comments on most of the questions.

[18:38] Williamca Zenovka: They give me something else to do as a flight lead, just people not wanting to use them..

[18:39] Corsi Mousehold: If you asked me in the long run it lets your commander be able to tell you how well you are doing or on the contrary how poorly you are.

[18:39] Gulliver Carpool raises a hand.

[18:39] Aryte Vesperia: Carpool?

[18:39] Nohime Runner raises a hand

[18:39] Gulliver Carpool: Who has to approve them? Exactly?

[18:40] Aryte Vesperia: Once a PRF is originated, it doesn't need to be approved, per-say. It can be audited, if for example, you, Gulliver, look at a PRF one of your officers filed and find fault with it.

[18:41] Gulliver Carpool: Hrm... Ok.

[18:41] Nohime Runner raises her hand

[18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Runner?

[18:43] Nohime Runner: I understand this is a virtual military and all, but having listened to my superiors talk. We had semi anual versions of these in the military and as it was being filled out the superviosr and subordinate were togeather. They talked through each line and showed room for improvement, getting a paper back saying "your a bozo, fix your uniform and shoot better" doesn't exactly tell you where all yoru fields of weakness are, nor does it give yout he warm and fuzzy of knowing you did something good. So perhaps a more direct Supervisor, to subordinate relation when filing these out is in order. I know thats how we do them in my police department as well. As an FTO we correct you ont he spot but still file these reports with you to show you your glories and your faults, and how to improve each even more so.

[18:43] Nohime Runner: just a suggestion

[18:45] Aryte Vesperia: I am not exactly sure what you're suggesting. That a direct superior should be filling it out? That is the intent and purpose of a PRF. The individual command element is supposed to be looking at their subordinate's progress and offer both data and feedback.

[18:45] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand quickly.

[18:46] Nohime Runner nods "What I mean is, it should be done with the individual present, so they can talk through each line to ensure a more sufficiant gain in productivity"

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: That would be preferable.

[18:47] Corsi Mousehold lowers her hand

[18:47] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else care to weigh in on it? Your feedback is very important here. PRFs effect everyone.

[18:47] Corsi Mousehold raises her hand again.

[18:47] Kraton Foxtrot: :P

[18:47] Vinnie Lei raises hand

[18:48] Anlysia Gregoire: That's kind of what I said earlier. That whoever writes the review should go over it with you.

[18:48] Tokeli Zabelin: TURN OFF MIC.

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: Lei?

[18:48] Vinnie Lei: Can one could like raise his hand in the air and go like "Yo! Can I haz PRF? :<"

[18:48] Aryte Vesperia: (Noted, Anly, Nohime. I agree. Will address it.)

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: You are supposed to be doing that, Vinnie.

[18:49] Vinnie Lei facepaws >.<

[18:49] Gulliver Carpool: If you ask to have your PRF filled out *with* your direct supervisor, and they decline, then you should go to their supervisor. I think we all have open door policies.

[18:49] Aryte Vesperia: I'll send you the note on PRFs. I think you missed it.

[18:49] Vinnie Lei: Probably.

[18:50] Aryte Vesperia: Aye, Gulliver. Especially in Terra, the two major B units will probably have some problems keeping up. This may see more involvement of Cohor B staff in helping them be filled out in a timely manner.

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Anyone else?

[18:51] Tokeli Zabelin: WHO IS WHISTLING >:C

[18:51] Corsi Mousehold raises hand

[18:51] Aryte Vesperia: Mousehold.

[18:52] Kraton Foxtrot: ?

[18:54] Corsi Mousehold: I think what Nohime was really getting at was a thought I was having. To do the entire review with the person present. Go over everything they had done since the previous review in the short form and mention places to improove and places of commendation in that way. Getting the most out of the review. It wouldn't take but maybe ten minutes. Just a short talk before the review is submitted.

[18:54] Aryte Vesperia: Most of the questions are structured with the intent that conversation would occur. But as this does seem to be something you and others are interested in, I will approach it and see if we can't make this an expected practice.

[18:54] Nohime Runner nods in agreeance as is actually doing one with a rookie as she sits and monitors this meeting =3

[18:55] Kraton Foxtrot: I don't hear whis--wait my VC is off :P

[18:55] Aryte Vesperia: Any final comments on the topic?

[18:55] Kraton Foxtrot: wow lag

[18:55] Nohime Runner: (I get it my mic was open, thanks!)

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: All right then.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you all for that, I will put it to use in revisions.

[18:57] Aryte Vesperia: Last topic from me this evening.

[18:58] Kraton Foxtrot: none from me, sir. and I agree with all that was said so far :)

[18:58] Aryte Vesperia: :)

[19:00] Aryte Vesperia: As part of the promotion revision, we will also be puting heavier emphasis on a more wholeistic review of considering someone for a promotion/reviewing them for a promotion. It is probable that I will begin sectioning off parts of the weekly officer meeting for discussing progressive folks in the group, pinpointing potential candidates and generate officer-staff born recommendations.

[19:02] Aryte Vesperia: With the "promotion system," it will be also more apparent as to who is actually interested in pursuing authority and rank ups. Thus we'll have a running list/pool of candidates.

[19:02] Gulliver Carpool: ((Gotta go, dammit. Sorry.))

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: (byeee.)

[19:03] Aryte Vesperia: That way, consistency will be increased, and the application of promotions will be a whole lot less arbirtrary. Happiness for all, etc, etc.

[19:03] Kraton Foxtrot waves

[19:05] Aryte Vesperia: Lost my train of thought there, durp durp. As I was saying.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: Until then (and after the revisions, I am sure), please do make certain to submit those personal recommendations for your comrades.

[19:06] Aryte Vesperia: It does help us catch elements of an individual or success from an individual we may have missed.

[19:07] Aryte Vesperia: With that said, does anyone wish to bring any other topics up for the evening?

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: Great, then.

[19:08] Aryte Vesperia: On to promotions and such.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: First up, PRFs. A couple of you under Williamca's command will not see your name on the list-- no worries, I will tally you after this meeting (Williamca, send me totals).

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: If you do not see your name, and you were expecting a PRF, please bug your direct command.

[19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Corsi Mousehold, Endra Ashbourne, Merk Thor, Nohime Runner, Plops Magic, Totenstille Aeon, Trevor Russell, Williamca Zenovka.

Promotions

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Promotions/merits:

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Corsi Mousehold - [E-2]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: DeathAvenger Bade - [Marksman]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Foxers Fhang - [instructor]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Genesis Ronmark - [E-7]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Kristian Kit - [Good Conduct]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Lupus Mielzner - [E-7]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Syndall Jansma - [E-2]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Tokeli Zabelin - [Corona Vallaris]; [Architect of Unity]

[19:10] Aryte Vesperia: Zabimato Outlander - [E-3]

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: Zanndor Aeon - [Corona Vallaris]

[19:11] Aryte Vesperia: Zanndor, you were quite the hero on a raid a few days back. Good work there.

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you not on the list: always next week! :]

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Unless you're Firefox.

[19:12] Lupus Mielziner: ha ha

[19:12] FireFox Breed: ¯\(º o)/¯

[19:12] Kraton Foxtrot: lol

[19:12] Lestat Umarov: Why I no promote ;o;

Meeting Closer

[19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Before we dismiss for the evening, I would like to quickly touch on combat for this evening.

[19:12] DeathAvenger Bade splats.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: For those of you on the CS attack earlier (good job). We will call up a raid . . albiet a bit later in the evening than usual.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: After the meeting I will quickly be clearing up IMs and running off to type a paper. I should be back within a couple of hours.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: So please hold any IMs to me unless they are critical, until I return.

[19:13] Aryte Vesperia: Aside from that. Thank you for a good (although smaller than usual) meeting.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia: Have a good night. Dismissed.

[19:14] Aryte Vesperia clasps his fist to his chest, presenting a salute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.