Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Shaman

Regarding Defense: Part 1

Typically when you have someone who goes tunnel, The center area typically looks like this:

th_Snapshot_001-Copy.png

6 people in the hole w/ another 3 behind it.

You get half the map jamming into the center all trying to shoot them. I've seen 10 people in one spot all trying to shoot one person. Not only is this explosive bait, but it is also inefficient, and you weaken the defense on the rest of the line.

The tunnel doorway in the center can be covered effectivly by 2 people using overlaping fields of Fire. I like to put a 3rd in there so you increase the area that you have two people able to shoot in the same space.

th_TunnelOverlap.png

Spot 1 is on the ledge of the doorway, and this is the primary position. Shield is a good idea for this as this spot will probably be the first to take fire if they decide to shoot as they run across. But this also allows for the person to drop down and go though the door to assist the guys in the other side of the tunnel should they manage to break through.

Spot 2 provides additional fire for the doorway, but is also in position to provide normal down range fire at the same time.

Spot 3 catches the last part of the and this is the secondary position if you are using a two person defense of the doorway. They can fire through the door, as well as provide cross fire to the N side of the sim.

in general i agree in practice i disagree

cause of lag, dodge roles, explosions killing spot one and 2 the same time arent the best protection .

The current system how its used to get handle with works fine we have 2 people low 2-3 as back up coming from north east and the upper guard on center.

Normal there isnt much hostile activity on north and the people move to center to back up aslong there is no contact in north east, the both low got the main tunnel in

view and controlled with nades supported by the backing up people from north east, while you got your 2-3 high ups wich cover the entrance Northeast and center bridgh.

And to take your pictures as a ref, you see me in the background running to the stairs to back up people in the tunnels cause the already passed the entrance even with

8 people shooting down there.

It may not look cool, it may look like chaos but thats no fomation standing its actually tactical movement and for myself if im on a flank and there is no one moving to

the side and its clear i focus myself on center to just 4 seconds and a jetpack jump away.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.