Clicky

Trevor Russell

Weekly Discussion (Main) - 08/17/08

From Navis: Nothing new, really. Esmerald Dominiquez has not been seen around, after being around frequently during training. No new recruits, to my knowledge. Emma updated the Valkyrie, Eternity, and Navis HUD, including adding vendors to the armory. After brief turbulence in failure to communicate in the division, the issue was resolved and the process clarified for future use (see old discussion for more info).

From the group-at-large: Combat seems to be going well as usual. Guard attendance waning due to the start of the fall semester (my first class is the 19th :(). Seems to be a sudden increase in Forums drama, myself and the other admins will be watching more closely. Hopefully, strict rules will not have to be set down, but will be if necessary.

Also, I probably shouldn't write this at 3:30 A.M.

From Astra not much unusual to report. I recieved control of Astra's day to day activities during Rei's absence. The training session mith organized didn't worked out to well. 3 people were present , mith and a praetorian included.Sosarin and myself have been trying to find solution to work on the training que wich exists out of 2-3 people now that are still in need of phase 2 training.

As for Schola: Recruitment faired well this week, we reached the milestone of 200 members this week and i am trying to cross that border to create a pleasant distance from the 200 border.One person has been placed under review and was ejected from schola in the meanwhile by Aryte.

I am starting an information exchange program with the merczateers so we can brief each other about denial, ejections etc wich gives us more background information about possible applicants.

Firefox stepped up the plate to observe sessions and organize some things in schola as a temporary schola nco.

Frumentarii. None of your business.

That's all.

All's well in the Ordo! Low drama, low . . well, anything bad. Combat routines have been fabulous. Members up to 201. Possibly looking at some new Schola invitation practices to weed out unwanted material. Other than that, see you guys today at the party. :D

I am mulling over instating a "this is your Ordo buddy" system for new graduates. As in, when someone graduates, we take someone from a volunteer pool to mentor them. I am not sure if this is necessary however. Do instructors handle it adequately, or should we consider it?

Aryte Vesperia wrote:

I am mulling over instating a "this is your Ordo buddy" system for new graduates. As in, when someone graduates, we take someone from a volunteer pool to mentor them. I am not sure if this is necessary however. Do instructors handle it adequately, or should we consider it?

It is something you could consider. It is not like we desperatly need since most of the people we recruit have good verbal and social skills and manage to settle but it is definetly a good idea. As for now the instructors and myself show them around in their Schola phases and when they come to titan for the first time. Aside from that there is no real help policy yet.

Battle buddies... sounds good to me.

Terra: Trying to get a few things rolling, although it tends to roll on its own. We are so large now that the idea of classes is probably a good idea. I have some ideas on how to do it and also some new weapon ideas to help out with the classes. I like how the valk auth system works and would love to see something like that added to Terra weapons to give them a little bit more of a RP feel. I will try and hold a staff meeting sometime this week.